New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Breaking 20k is probably quite low on the club's list of priorities. In fact it only matters to those who define everything about a club by attendances.

The stand is being build because we need a new one with new facilities. Capacity is lower down on the list of reasons we are going ahead with building such a project.

Edited by Homme

All roads lead to Gorgie

Given that the new main stand will have something like 37 rows rather than the 27 that are in the Roseburn, that would mean even more seats being unavailable due to segregation.

Probably a non starter then unless gap was considerably narrower and give the rantic usual behaviour that is a remote prospect !

The only trouble with this is the clubs will play tit for tat and will up up lowering our allocation for away game to the minimum percentage as possible & that means you won't have a full away end of hearts supporters in the Dunbar Rd end at H1b5,so when it comes to hibs giving us 1400 tickets,would you be happy?

I certainly wouldn't be kicking Hearts season ticket holders out of their regular seats for home derby matches (or for all home matches) so that we could get a full stand for away derby matches.

We_are_the_Hearts

The only trouble with this is the clubs will play tit for tat and will up up lowering our allocation for away game to the minimum percentage as possible & that means you won't have a full away end of hearts supporters in the Dunbar Rd end at H1b5,so when it comes to hibs giving us 1400 tickets,would you be happy?

Hibs there is a discussion to be had but I say look after our own fans first, OF no way as get the shitest seats in their Stadiums even when it's not full.

The only Clubs who may play tit for tat are Celtic, Rangers and Hibs as all the other Clubs need the money.

We get minimum tickets stuck in the corner at Ibrox and Parkhead, so I see little change there.

Petrie may play silly beggars for a couple of Derbies, then his money grabbing instincts will kick in - anyway they are not in our league yet.

Anyway since we cut the OF allocation the atmosphere has been less poisonous, and IMO we want as many Hearts fans as possible supporting the team in these big games at Tynecastle.

The only Clubs who may play tit for tat are Celtic, Rangers and Hibs as all the other Clubs need the money.

We get minimum tickets stuck in the corner at Ibrox and Parkhead, so I see little change there.

Petrie may play silly beggars for a couple of Derbies, then his money grabbing instincts will kick in - anyway they are not in our league yet.

Anyway since we cut the OF allocation the atmosphere has been less poisonous, and IMO we want as many Hearts fans as possible supporting the team in these big games at Tynecastle.

I agree cutting the OF has made the atmosphere more favourable and hopefully families will come back to watch these games. I just think we need to weigh it up financially, you are right though, Hearts fans first. We could maybe start by giving them two sections and then release more if our sales are poor. I think our first season at least we will sell plenty of tickets though.

I actually think When Hibs first come up if the first derby is at ER it will be a sell out from both sets of fans. Not until their bubble bursts will their attendances slowly crumble back to about 12k when they are a bottom 6 club.

scott herbertson

I certainly wouldn't be kicking Hearts season ticket holders out of their regular seats for home derby matches (or for all home matches) so that we could get a full stand for away derby matches.

I doubt we will have 16000 season ticket holders bey the start of next season, so that wouldn't be an issue .

Surely common sense is to sell season tickets for the other three stands, assess demand and make a decision on the Roseburn contingent upon that.

My personal preference would be to give Celtic and Rangers two sections regardless and to give Hibs the whole Roseburn, but I realise that divides opinions.

There's an opportunity to do a category B season ticket for the Roseburn HJK  which I think would be good.

I'm currently in the Roseburn but would have no problems shifting

I can't think how it's conceivable that Hearts will ever get regular crowds above 20k that would justify spending vast sums of money on expanding beyond what we'll have next year.

Would like to be proved wrong but say for example we go out the cup early next year - you'll see a big drop off on crowds for the remaining games of the season.

There's an opportunity to do a category B season ticket for the Roseburn HJK which I think would be good.

Good idea

The segregation is smaller than it should be because of Dundee United fans?

I'm pretty sure they meant segregation is wider than it needs to be due to Dundee Utd. When I was up last Christmas, there was an incident at the Utd game where one of their fans came towards the Hearts fans and pushed one of the stewards over.

The width of segregation always amazes me at Tynecastle. We've been to Arsenal against both Chelsea and Tottenham this season and home / away fans sit of either side of a walkway, which a line of stewards stand on. The fans are only a few feet apart but I've never seen any problems.

I'm pretty sure they meant segregation is wider than it needs to be due to Dundee Utd. When I was up last Christmas, there was an incident at the Utd game where one of their fans came towards the Hearts fans and pushed one of the stewards over.

The width of segregation always amazes me at Tynecastle. We've been to Arsenal against both Chelsea and Tottenham this season and home / away fans sit of either side of a walkway, which a line of stewards stand on. The fans are only a few feet apart but I've never seen any problems.

Just at West Ham

I was just being facetious (intended in a lighthearted manner) as the poster said it was two thirds of what it should be, which would mean it's a third smaller than it should be!

Segregation area is far too wide. No need for it to be that wide.

It got increased last winter when a drunk Dundee Utd fan managed to get across the segregation and started swaying punches. The reason he got across was because it was a single barrier (maybe 4-5 seats wide) and wasn't secured at the bottom. The stewards didn't really react either, just watched him.

The Motherwell game at the weekend saw it be reduced from 14 columns of seats to 10, so hopefully we'll be allowed to reduce it even more for cat B games.

Not sure who required it to be extended after the Dundee Utd incident - police/league/Hearts?

Lucille's Thirsty

Some photos from today.....

1a2209dffe0530506257af47fd24a87f.jpg

dca50cb338b8b2abb2e54d7fb3b80b27.jpg

And, the tree.....

9a7df67f0ae06925e1b9f39757513e19.jpg

:sob:

I've been going to Tynecastle for 12 years and I've never noticed the kink in the main stand at the roseburn end and I call myself a fan.

:lol:

I doubt we will have 16000 season ticket holders bey the start of next season, so that wouldn't be an issue .

Surely common sense is to sell season tickets for the other three stands, assess demand and make a decision on the Roseburn contingent upon that.

My personal preference would be to give Celtic and Rangers two sections regardless and to give Hibs the whole Roseburn, but I realise that divides opinions.

There's an opportunity to do a category B season ticket for the Roseburn HJK which I think would be good.

I doubt we'll have 16k either, but we have ST holders in the Roseburn now so we'd have to kick them out of there to make the Roseburn entirely available to away fans.

That probably doesn't sound a big deal in principle, as there is likely to be plenty of spare capacity for season tickets next season, but in reality, a lot of the affected people might well have to move to seats with significantly poorer views than their current seats or move to significantly more expensive seats.

If we're not able to sell out big games in the future without giving the whole Roseburn to away fans then I think that needs to be given serious consideration for financial reasons, but I think it would be wrong to force season ticket holders to move just to give hibs the whole Roseburn so that we get a whole stand at easter road.

I agree cutting the OF has made the atmosphere more favourable and hopefully families will come back to watch these games. I just think we need to weigh it up financially, you are right though, Hearts fans first. We could maybe start by giving them two sections and then release more if our sales are poor. I think our first season at least we will sell plenty of tickets though.

I actually think When Hibs first come up if the first derby is at ER it will be a sell out from both sets of fans. Not until their bubble bursts will their attendances slowly crumble back to about 8k when they are a bottom 6 club.

Sorted that for you....

There must be a reason for it but i dont have a clue why the knock the middle of buildings down but leave the corners up .puzzled

There must be a reason for it but i dont have a clue why the knock the middle of buildings down but leave the corners up .puzzled

Just a guess but I think so access for the game tomorrow night isn't blocked

Allows the ends to be demo'd inwards towards the vacant space. Systematic approach, safe working practice. Well thought out.

I think we can get 16,000 season ticket holders

I think we could get to that in time but I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we managed it for next season!

I think we can get 16,000 season ticket holders

So do I. Our PR and marketing team will be in overdrive selling the ground and the services big time. 

Nice photo of the tree Craigieboy.

Did they let you into the site to take photos or have you got really long arms?

Really long arms mate.

:)

jambo-in-furness

I think we could get to that in time but I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we managed it for next season!

With the right manager in place, better results and playing performance we will raise our season ticket sales to 16000 next season no problem.

Sorry, this may have been mentioned elsewhere........are we putting in big screens?

Yes. 2 of them. Not quite sure where though or how big....

Next question "can we fill in the corners?" "why are there no exec boxes?" "Can we widen the pitch?"

letsalldothebeattie

Looking at they pics so much has just been done since Saturday when I popped past before the game. Will go tomorrow before the game see if much more has been done again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the right manager in place, better results and playing performance we will raise our season ticket sales to 16000 next season no problem.

I certainly hope so! I think it would take an extra year or two to get to that figure, but I'd be delighted if I'm wrong!

scott herbertson

Hope you are right. Incidentally I'm one of those Roseburn season ticket holders currently. Would have no problem moving if it was best for Hearts.

Never doubt Hearts will get 16000 season ticket holders next season. Doubters never get anywhere just ask Barry Hearn. Hearts need a boost and with Robbie going, the new main stand and a few new exciting players Hearts must be looking at adding 4000 to their crowds next season. So that's the target and now we all pull together and make it happen are you with us Scotty baby.

Hope you are right. Incidentally I'm one of those Roseburn season ticket holders currently. Would have no problem moving if it was best for Hearts.

You stay where you are Scott i like to keep my eye's on you.

Never doubt Hearts will get 16000 season ticket holders next season. Doubters never get anywhere just ask Barry Hearn. Hearts need a boost and with Robbie going, the new main stand and a few new exciting players Hearts must be looking at adding 4000 to their crowds next season. So that's the target and now we all pull together and make it happen are you with us Scotty baby.

Sadly we will only be able to add 3000 not 4000 fans due to capacity of new stand. I like yout optimism and share it to some extent.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Sadly we will only be able to add 3000 not 4000 fans due to capacity of new stand. I like yout optimism and share it to some extent.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

We should still be able to sell out season tickets in the new main stand, the Wheatfield and the Gorgie with walk up in the Roseburn only. So perhaps 16,500 ish.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Don't think there will be much more to see today as they will wait until after tonights game is out the way before demolishing the bits near the stand and the road. 

The Treasurer

Don't think there will be much more to see today as they will wait until after tonights game is out the way before demolishing the bits near the stand and the road. 

There's a couple of weeks before the next home game so plenty of time to clear the remaining blocks before then.

With reference to screens, the four corners should have the police control room overlooking the away fans, the current one changed to a tv studio and tv screens or scoreboards on the other two.

With reference to screens, the four corners should have the police control room overlooking the away fans, the current one changed to a tv studio and tv screens or scoreboards on the other two.

Don't think there'll be much space inside the current police box for a TV studio given the pylon goes through the middle of it. Never been inside, but it looks like a couple of metres in depth by the window. Maybe the camera could point in between the gaps in the bars

jamboinglasgow

That's a point. It's gone quiet in regards to screens since last mentioned in May. Have they given up on them?

It got increased last winter when a drunk Dundee Utd fan managed to get across the segregation and started swaying punches. The reason he got across was because it was a single barrier (maybe 4-5 seats wide) and wasn't secured at the bottom. The stewards didn't really react either, just watched him.

The Motherwell game at the weekend saw it be reduced from 14 columns of seats to 10, so hopefully we'll be allowed to reduce it even more for cat B games.

Not sure who required it to be extended after the Dundee Utd incident - police/league/Hearts?

Yes I know I was at the game. That was partly Hearts fault as one or two cops would have deterred/stopped that in seconds. The guy was out his face & the wee lassie just couldn't hold him back.

If we put 2-3 cops & a number of stewards from top to bottom of the stand & the gap needs only to be 3-4 seats wide.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I left the ground by the side of the Gorgie last night to have a look and things are coming on fine. Bit of a log jam though with people trying to go the opposite way ! Hopefully they can widen the way once the demolition is complete !

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

9f43d0b921fa982e114d5e1958304e7b.jpg

A different view of the demolition process from the Main Stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice panorama of the new school! Windows could do with a clean though.

Nice panorama of the new school! Windows could do with a clean though.

I don't think we'll bother cleaning the windows when they'll be getting smashed in the next few months! :lol:

scott herbertson

:2thumbsup:

I'm in, Mitchy

Edited by scott herbertson