New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Hagar the Horrible

I don't think we'll bother cleaning the windows when they'll be getting smashed in the next few months! :lol:

Hope not I want them for my cold frame in my garden, I wont have a greenhouse anywhere near me, could do with some of the bricks as well

Hope not I want them for my cold frame in my garden, I wont have a greenhouse anywhere near me, could do with some of the bricks as well

My wife calls ours a glass house.

Problem solved.

Ripe crop of Black Heirloom tomatoes next summer.

9f43d0b921fa982e114d5e1958304e7b.jpg

A different view of the demolition process from the Main Stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those figures reflections - or ghosts?

Are those figures reflections - or ghosts?

Supporters of a bygone age [emoji317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

3d2e91ebf622986073ee33eaaea5266d.jpg

4e5cf7050519450305f883bcb2870339.jpg

Outside and in, I am going to miss the old girl

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Great photo from the inside. Sad but at least you will see the whole of the school end goal and more of the ball as it is blootered end to end by most Scottish teams next season :2thumbsup: 

Great photo from the inside. Sad but at least you will see the whole of the school end goal and more of the ball as it is blootered end to end by most Scottish teams next season :2thumbsup:

Aye so many goal line stramashes I have missed due to those poles but love the old stand

All roads lead to Gorgie

Aye so many goal line stramashes I have missed due to those poles but love the old stand

I am just about level with you in the Wheatfield and will miss looking across to the old structure that is so part of the place. Really excited though about the new replacement which will hugely benefit us in the years to come .

I don't think we'll bother cleaning the windows when they'll be getting smashed in the next few months! :lol:

It's important to have standards. Hopefully Mrs Budge sees things differently. :thumbsdown:

Watching the game back on tv it's as if the floodlights aren't very bright but appear ok at the game. Anyone know if there's plans to upgrade the floodlights? I assume they meet minimum criteria required but things look dull on tv. Maybe it's tv camera gantry position that gives off the dull impression?

August Landmesser

Clearly the machines didn't get lummed up or we would have had photo's showing latest progress.

They were working today, I was down at lunchtime getting tickets - most of the old admin block is gone now, and only the school end and nursery corner of the ticket office &  shop are left standing. I didn't take any pics though, sorry

They were working today, I was down at lunchtime getting tickets - most of the old admin block is gone now, and only the school end and nursery corner of the ticket office &  shop are left standing. I didn't take any pics though, sorry

cheers B j.

Clearly the machines didn't get lummed up or we would have had photo's showing latest progress.

Lummed up? Never heard that before.

Governor Tarkin

Lummed up? Never heard that before.

:D

It's an old Edinburgh/Scottish expresion referring to chimneys as lums.

Lummed up basically means fired up.

dizny come from broomhoose.

Had a dream last night where I watched them demolish the old stand with explosives. Strange seeing the roof lying on top of the rubble pile.

That was all the dream was.

Aye its Lums doon here as well. Just never heard Lummed.

And if your lums up it's on fire. Could be quite an occasion on the scheme I lived in. Lots of thick brown smoke and if you were lucky flames shooting out. Happened a few times near me, caused by a build up of soot in the stack.

Footballfirst

Not much progress to see atm.  Seem to be clearing the rubble first before the next part of the buildings are demolished.

PfmGUu8.jpg

vJshEf9.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not much progress to see atm.  Seem to be clearing the rubble first before the next part of the buildings are demolished.

PfmGUu8.jpg

vJshEf9.jpg

Looks like Greenginger along with the Cockburn Association have got listed status on that building at long last . We are goosed :thumbsdown: 

So far to date how much has been raised to Fund the stand? I'm sure that I read it was 9 Million is this correct? What about the other 3 Million?

I know this post makes me sound like a Hobo, but I'm not (promise).

....and the other half are throwing stuff over the fence to them. :whistling:

The other half of the prison population are throwing stuff over the fence to the first half?

So far to date how much has been raised to Fund the stand? I'm sure that I read it was 9 Million is this correct? What about the other 3 Million?

I know this post makes me sound like a Hobo, but I'm not (promise).

Yes with further announcements planned on how that ?3 million will be raised.

Sponsorship, possible naming rights included, some form of debentures where you pay a bigger amount up front for seats are my understanding plus we may have had an additional large donation.

Ann suggested we are very close. I also believe they can come under budget.

Edited by Mikey1874

Sponsorship, possible naming rights included, some form of debentures where you pay a bigger amount up front for seats are my understanding plus we may have had an additional large donation.

Cheers. My understanding that the club has raised 3 million by itself, 3 million from Benefactors, and 3 from the FOH.  

How will the 3 million from the FOH work? Will this be paid over monthly in installments? I read on the FOH that we have 2 years from June 2016 to pay over this amount.

Funding will not be an issue.

The budget is very challenging - so not sure where you get the idea it will be under budget.

Cheers. My understanding that the club has raised 3 million by itself, 3 million from Benefactors, and 3 from the FOH.

How will the 3 million from the FOH work? Will this be paid over monthly in installments? I read on the FOH that we have 2 years from June 2016 to pay over this amount.

The FoH money has started to be collected.

Not exactly sure of the dates. Around 2 years in total. Not sure of exactly arrangements for transferring it over.

Sure someone will confirm.

The budget is very challenging - so not sure where you get the idea it will be under budget.

Let's see

I didn't say it will but it can

I would have thought that they would have wanted all the funding in place before they started building it. They aren't daft though I'm sure that they will have planned it all out.

I would have thought that they would have wanted all the funding in place before they started building it. They aren't daft though I'm sure that they will have planned it all out.

Whilst all the funding is not actually in our Bank, plans are in place to ensure this is fully funded.

Relax - the Lady knows what she is doing.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I see that Tulloch Homes has offered to gift the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium to ICT.   Lucky ICT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-38186930

Inverness is a nice small city but where they built the ground must be the coldest windswept area for miles. I hope they do something to enclose the stands and make it a bit more comfortable to go there !

When announced, the projected cost was ?11m, and Ann said they'd factored in ?1m to allow for unexpected costs.

This article mentions ?11m, but is not where I read the above:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5145

The first FoH payment towards the stand was in the summer time was it not. About ?125k a month so we'll have paid around ?750k by the turn of the year.

1 June was when the payment schedule changed and from memory the May payment might have gone to it as well so potentially ?1m paid over by end of year. When ?1.5m paid we get 20% of the shares :thumbsup:

Edited by Poseidon

Lucille's Thirsty

Inverness is a nice small city but where they built the ground must be the coldest windswept area for miles. I hope they do something to enclose the stands and make it a bit more comfortable to go there !

I know their a small club but I didn't expect to have to take a dump in a portaloo or whatever their called.