New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

When the support goes over the old stand it will really give an impression of how awesome the new one will be when finished.

Tynecastle has been massively lopsided for so long it's going to be strange having the main stand the same height as the others. It really is going to look fantastic.

I was looking at the plans for the stand today and hadn't appreciated quite how much space there'll be for the lounges and restaurant. I'm sure the pubs nearby will take a bit of a hit but there'll be so much more money being plowed into the club.

Anyone know when the Truss is meant to be erected?

I know nothing of engineering but we only got planning permission a short time ago and no idea how long it would take to construct something that long from reinforced steel.

Seem to remember that it would be as soon as January?, possibly during the winter break.

Also when the other three stands were constructed I'm assuming large sections were assembled on site?

Great to see the old lady in her full glory but shall be FINALLY a great time to let her rest.

Think it's the 3rd week in January, mate.

Thought this might be useful as a reminder of how the Wheatfield went up

Great video not seen that before.

A few things i took from the video.

It went up very quick considering only 2 builders seem to do it by themselves.

The back of the Wheatfield was really close to the old distillery wall when seeing it being constructed.

The trust went up in a matter of weeks as there was alot of space im assuming some of it will be done off site this time.

Edited by Jamboelite

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder how the old girl feels about the prospect of having a huge erection above her? :shocked3:

So hot she is tinder

Great video. Amazing how quickly it went up.

Bazzas right boot

When I read your last bit I had an image of Queen Ann swinging Miley Cyrus style on a wrecking ball. :glorious:

Ha, better than my image, mine was of Levein!

kingantti1874

I would hope we paint the pylons and truss a nice deep shade of maroon at some point.. yeah it's not the most urgent job in the world but would make a big difference to the look of the stadium IMO

Great video not seen that before.

A few things i took from the video.

It went up very quick considering only 2 builders seem to do it by themselves.

The back of the Wheatfield was really close to the old distillery wall when seeing it being constructed.

The trust went up in a matter of weeks as there was alot of space im assuming some of it will be done off site this time.

Great video. You can also clearly see the lower, now blocked off, entry to the wheatfield undercroft.

Great video. You can also clearly see the lower, now blocked off, entry to the wheatfield undercroft.

Aye I noticed that. I wonder why it was there originally. Do you think there was going to be access/exit to/from the lower section? But why only there? Must have been a plan by the pieman to make the wheatfield the main stand.

Francis Albert

I would hope we paint the pylons and truss a nice deep shade of maroon at some point.. yeah it's not the most urgent job in the world but would make a big difference to the look of the stadium IMO

Pink for me. Vibrant. Unusual.

Pink for me. Vibrant. Unusual.

Is this a description of what you want for Christmas? I believe Love Honey or Ann Summers may have some in stock.

Great video Godofgorgie hope we have something similar for the new stand.

Also around the 7:40 mark you can see where the new tunnel shall be I'd imagine, just below the club crest.

Edited by Neon

Tell you something, looking at all these demolition pics just makes you realise something ...........

This Tesco is going to be F'ING massive!!!!! :))))))

Not convinced but need a photo shopped expert to put some images up.

I made that on page 27 - was edited from the Aberdeen highlights reel but lacks high resolution :(

Did you not make it with the main stand still in place? ;)

Did you not make it with the main stand still in place? ;)

Made two ;) complete one was page 27.

It'll be an anticlimax for me when the truss goes up because I'm in the main. Will see it from the outside only :(

Cathro's Laptop

Please tell me we're not using inferior glass?

Toughened is a bit more expensive than float glass. If we're using float and not energy saving, soft coat, toughened glass then we are using inferior glass.

I think the best way to describe the old girl on what is now visible is

'You can see she was a looker in her day but she's had too much surgery etc which has taken its toll'

But she's played her part in many pumpings...

Of the vermin. :jjyay:

Glad people enjoyed my wee video! I have a lot more footage but Youtube limited you to a max of 10 minutes when that was submitted. I also have loads of still photos of the construction.

Glad people enjoyed my wee video! I have a lot more footage but Youtube limited you to a max of 10 minutes when that was submitted. I also have loads of still photos of the construction.

Great video, thanks for posting -- really informative

I'd be keen to see more footage/photos thanks

Some months ago somebody posted some photos of Tynecastle taken from a drone! 

Any chance that poster has some spare time this week?  :2thumbsup:

Edited by I.T.K

Please tell me we're not using inferior glass?

We really need to get the people who did the glass roof at Waverley Station. One of the biggest glass roofs in the world designed to last for generations.

If only they were a local firm!

There are some pictures of Curtainwall projects on this site for those interested...

http://www.charles-henshaw.com/html/curtainwall/curtainwall.html

We really need to get the people who did the glass roof at Waverley Station. One of the biggest glass roofs in the world designed to last for generations.

There are some pictures of Curtainwall projects on this site for those interested...

So....is this the company we are using then? You're being too ambiguous mate :-)

August Landmesser

Made two ;) complete one was page 27.

It'll be an anticlimax for me when the truss goes up because I'm in the main. Will see it from the outside only :(

Hopefully get a home cup game so all us main standers can shuffle over to the Wheatfield to take in the view

The Company who installed the new glass roof are a local Company - 250 yards from Tynecastle actually.

Edited by Thomaso

Toughened is a bit more expensive than float glass. If we're using float and not energy saving, soft coat, toughened glass then we are using inferior glass.

There is a fair bit of speculation and TBH un-educated ramblings surrounding the glass.

Firstly ALL glass is manufactured as Float glass - that is the term for the actual process.

The glass units to be installed in the new fa?ade will be toughened Float glass with a Low E coating.  The glass units will comply with up to date building standards for safety, acoustics and insulation.

August Landmesser

I'm sure Anne Budge said 04Jan17 in a recent program.

Yep, I'm sure it's the 4th Jan as well - basically first day back after the Christmas hollybobs, and as early as possible in the winter break

Toughened glass still needs to be arissed/polished or it breaks when going through the toughening process. Float glass is easily breakable so I doubt we will use that in the new stand. I'd also imagine we will use Pilks 'K' self cleaning glass to save on costs.

You obviously know a bit about glass - but not too much..... :scholar:

Your first comment is correct, the others are not.

As I said previously, all glass is manufactured as Float glass, which can then be toughened, as it will be on the new fa?ade.

Pilks K glass is a coated glass for added insulation purposes - this will be installed on the new fa?ade. 

The self cleaning glass you refer to is Pilks 'Activ' glass - this is an expensive option and not in the current budget.

scott herbertson

You obviously know a bit about glass - but not too much..... :scholar:

Your first comment is correct, the others are not.

As I said previously, all glass is manufactured as Float glass, which can then be toughened, as it will be on the new fa?ade.

Pilks K glass is a coated glass for added insulation purposes - this will be installed on the new fa?ade. 

The self cleaning glass you refer to is Pilks 'Activ' glass - this is an expensive option and not in the current budget.

self cleaning glass you say

that's my christmas pressie for the missus sorted.............

Someone described the old stand as looking great in its day but has had too much surgery and looking poor now (something along they lines :lol: )

I would agree with that. Kind of.

I think nostalgia is kicking in for me with her :(

Cathro's Laptop

There is a fair bit of speculation and TBH un-educated ramblings surrounding the glass.

Firstly ALL glass is manufactured as Float glass - that is the term for the actual process.

The glass units to be installed in the new fa?ade will be toughened Float glass with a Low E coating. The glass units will comply with up to date building standards for safety, acoustics and insulation.

I worked with the stuff for 24 years. I know the terms.

Kila - hope this link works for the photos I've scanned in this am - the video footage might be a bit more problematic in arranging but I'll see what I can do

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88101685@N06/30776850784/in/photolist-NTDpum-NTDpqo-Q7HGmA-PB6SE1-PB6SsN-Qb1Rex-PX2w7Y-PB6Sn7-PB6SLJ-Qb1QvZ-PX2wxC-PB6Spw-PB6SjS-Qb1Rae-Q7HGgW-NTDpzb-Qb1RaV-PB6SuG-PB6SvJ-Q7HGA3

scott herbertson

Kila - hope this link works for the photos I've scanned in this am - the video footage might be a bit more problematic in arranging but I'll see what I can do

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88101685@N06[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>[email protected]-NTDpzb-Qb1RaV-PB6SuG-PB6SvJ-Q7HGA3

Nice pictures Stuart, thanks. Still drinking in Leslies?

https:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>[email protected]-NTDpzb-Qb1RaV-PB6SuG-PB6SvJ-Q7HGA3

Thanks