New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

So far to date how much has been raised to Fund the stand? I'm sure that I read it was 9 Million is this correct? What about the other 3 Million?

I know this post makes me sound like a Hobo, but I'm not (promise).

At the Budge Shareholders Q&A night they mentioned that ?9m was required to fund the basic stand (seats//pie stalls/general infrastructure etc.) and the additional ?3m was the kit out the suites...

So while confident the money will be raised, it's not needed to start work and build the actual thing.

At the Budge Shareholders Q&A night they mentioned that ?9m was required to fund the basic stand (seats//pie stalls/general infrastructure etc.) and the additional ?3m was the kit out the suites...

So while confident the money will be raised, it's not needed to start work and build the actual thing.

Worst case scenario is to delay the internal work on duites. They believe they have enough committed funds to do the basic stand as you describe it.

The Natural Order

78366d72604366f37f36d0492311515f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screens will go inside the gables of the Wheatfield and main stands. Wheatfield/Roseburn and Main/Gorgie I believe.

Fxxx the SPFL

I remember the big screen in Braga built into the cliff face really weird stadium.

kingantti1874

The screens will go inside the gables of the Wheatfield and main stands. Wheatfield/Roseburn and Main/Gorgie I believe.

This is what I was told as well at stadium tour.. that's the intention anyway..

I remember the big screen in Braga built into the cliff face really weird stadium.

Weird, but structurally fantastic, and unlike a whole host of big Euro teams, we are unbeaten there.

One of the better stadia i've seen a game in

jamboinglasgow

From what they said before that's how I saw it. Wonder when they plan to install them.

I'm not fussed about the screens in the corner. All I care about is the clock, so I can glance at it occasionally. We are using the advertising boards to do the clock in a subtle way, and I'd be happy with just keeping it as it is.

Have to disagree re the screens. I think they'll look the dugs baws. Can't wait to see them top off what'll be a mightily impressive 'refurb' of Tynie.

I'm not fussed about the screens in the corner. All I care about is the clock, so I can glance at it occasionally. We are using the advertising boards to do the clock in a subtle way, and I'd be happy with just keeping it as it is.

I would too but it seems lots of people want a scoreboard so fair enough, they don't cost that much I suppose

I agree. I just find electronic scoreboards distracting but then again, I'm easily distracted.

Dagger Is Back

I think the screen will afford us some decent payback in terms of increased advertising. I'm sure AB and the Board will have done a cost/benefits analysis so I'm sure all will be good.

When we went to a Leverkusen game they were showing match highlights, team line ups and player interviews and whilst it was no use to me as it was all in German, lots of potential for us.

I think the screen will afford us some decent payback in terms of increased advertising. I'm sure AB and the Board will have done a cost/benefits analysis so I'm sure all will be good.

When we went to a Leverkusen game they were showing match highlights, team line ups and player interviews and whilst it was no use to me as it was all in German, lots of potential for us.

Agreed.

Great potential to involve fans with contests, great moments from the past and things at half-time and promote FoH  much more prominently to encourage more pledging.

Using them for that prior to kick off and at half time is fine, I just don't want flashy ads on them during the game. They should be subtle displaying only the score and time, unless there's a goal or substitution 

Lucille's Thirsty

I sit in the gorgie so don't notice that much but the section right at the top left hand side annoys me who wants light in their house just turn on the lights.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Great potential to involve fans with contests, great moments from the past and things at half-time and promote FoH  much more prominently to encourage more pledging.

That's a great shout!

Not bad being the away team at Tynecastle according to that scoreboard?

Dagger Is Back

Using them for that prior to kick off and at half time is fine, I just don't want flashy ads on them during the game. They should be subtle displaying only the score and time, unless there's a goal or substitution 

We could maybe post the words to our songbook given that lots have clearly forgotten them. ;-)

5 or 6 games into next year we'll have a completed stadium, with 2 big screens and massively improved facilities.

Plus an exciting young management team.

Plus an exciting young team on the pitch.

What a time to be a jambo!

Phil D. Corners

5 or 6 games into next year we'll have a completed stadium, with 2 big screens and massively improved facilities.

Plus an exciting young management team.

Plus an exciting young team on the pitch.

What a time to be a jambo!

But no picture updates means it a shite day to be a Jambo. :raging:

But no picture updates means it a shite day to be a Jambo. :raging:

And no picture of Cathro holding a really old dell laptop over his head.

Mad budge oot!

Small selection of some I took.

2cb70c9d53e8f5748c01ea7ffc3f0e8c.jpg

73287772f6afcc5cf4482d601120f8a1.jpg

The old reception building from outside.

f7b48b0f28b7ef380c4dd4405e64cb4d.jpg

From the inside.

695c0eec9e6ad7c48e921e3dd4b045f2.jpg

The old office block.

31aa4d59b2715e9dd8dcd4942e77da63.jpg

5dfe16ae9c9c601ccc3fe33f3854baa7.jpg

Interior view 1.

9eaa853064b21ac23f38a8ca156c75ac.jpg

Interior view 2.

Good stuff. Wonder what Boydy thinks about it

jamboinglasgow

On related news. I see the planning permission for the temporary nursery goes before the council on Wednesday and has already been earmarked to be rubber stamped to be passed. So should mean the nursery can begin to be demolished soon.

Footballfirst

On related news. I see the planning permission for the temporary nursery goes before the council on Wednesday and has already been earmarked to be rubber stamped to be passed. So should mean the nursery can begin to be demolished soon.

Can't see that happening before the new year and the staff and kids are settled into the buildings in the new location.

Footballfirst

I was wrong about the timing as the nursery accommodation units arrived today, in advance of the planning decision.

DgoomfN.jpg

sP48yqw.jpg

PgcRn0L.jpg

Small selection of some I took.

The old reception building from outside.

From the inside.

The old office block.

Interior view 1.

9eaa853064b21ac23f38a8ca156c75ac.jpg

Is that where Cathro plugs his laptop charger in?

Incredible. It'll be great to see the main stand in all its glory.

Edited by Dallas Green

Nice to see we've somewhere to put Kris Boyd should he ever visit Tynecastle with his crayons

I certainly wouldn't let him dumb down the nursery occupants.

Fxxx the SPFL

Meanwhile on the other side of the stadium demolition resumes.

X1t5L3h.jpg

Awe9t3h.jpg

Do you not have a job lol great photos by the way.

Fxxx the SPFL

Retirement has its benefits.

lucky swine, bus pass next year for me, a bit longer before i hang up my civil service pen.