New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Couple from this morning about half an hour ago

Thanks for posting these site should be cleared by the thistle game. Except for the nursery.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

Thanks for posting these site should be cleared by the thistle game. Except for the nursery.

I'm guessing the plan is to wait for Xmas holidays then clear the nursery (allowing for a panoramic view at the Killie & Sheep games) and move it all over to the new cabins at the Wheatfield ready for the new term.

I'm guessing the plan is to wait for Xmas holidays then clear the nursery (allowing for a panoramic view at the Killie & Sheep games) and move it all over to the new cabins at the Wheatfield ready for the new term.

Does the nursery usually close for long during the xmas period though?

I imagine they'll be moving the kids over next week, as the council will vote to approve today and FF's photos show the portacabins being installed. Won't take long to set up the interiors.

Edited by kila

IMG_20161207_090651_1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fi

That's a cracking pic. Loads removed even since I was there yesterday! Starting to gather pace. 

I've no idea how this is really going to work (having not looked into Liverpool's redevelopment much) but it'll be fascinating when they start to build over and above the old girl whilst she's still standing. Once the nursery has gone I presume that the new structure will begin in earnest in the new year. 

Anyone know if the Timelapse cameras are in place?

Yes I'm sure Ann has mentioned this in one of her statements . It will be great to watch it all on a movie in the museum when its complete.

Coming along nicely,I'm going to pop down on fri for a visit to the memorial garden . Keep up the good work hearts .

fabienleclerq

I don't why we are spending money on daft scoreboards. I would rather we used it to get another quality striker

The advertising from the screens might just pay for that striker!

Skivingatwork

But but but these buildings are still occupied...will we be hauled up on manslaughter charges as well as thieving from charities?

:sob:

Does the nursery usually close for long during the xmas period though?

I imagine they'll be moving the kids over next week, as the council will vote to approve today and FF's photos show the portacabins being installed. Won't take long to set up the interiors.

I thought I read somewhere that the nursery had secured a temporary base at Dalry Primary sure they moved a few weeks ago.

I thought I read somewhere that the nursery had secured a temporary base at Dalry Primary sure they moved a few weeks ago.

Dalton guys on site there just now

I think it's going in the space at the corner of the Gorgie & Wheatfield stands.  They were lifting a couple of big huts into that space yesterday.

Dalton guys on site there just now

Who will be using the temporary nursery by the Wheatfield? Will it only take some of the capacity with the rest along to Dalry?

I think it's going in the space at the corner of the Gorgie & Wheatfield stands. They were lifting a couple of big huts into that space yesterday.

I know that, I was referring to the fact that people were saying the nursery was currently in use so wasn't going to be demolished.

I meant they have moved to Dalry last month until the cabins are in place allowing demolition to take place now or whenever it's scheduled.

farin, on 05 Dec 2016 - 8:09 PM, said:

Small selection of some I took.

2cb70c9d53e8f5748c01ea7ffc3f0e8c.jpg

73287772f6afcc5cf4482d601120f8a1.jpg

The old reception building from outside.

f7b48b0f28b7ef380c4dd4405e64cb4d.jpg

From the inside.

695c0eec9e6ad7c48e921e3dd4b045f2.jpg

The old office block.

31aa4d59b2715e9dd8dcd4942e77da63.jpg

5dfe16ae9c9c601ccc3fe33f3854baa7.jpg

Interior view 1.

9eaa853064b21ac23f38a8ca156c75ac.jpg

Interior view 2.

Surprised no one asked for the reception sign above the door

August Landmesser

I know that, I was referring to the fact that people were saying the nursery was currently in use so wasn't going to be demolished.

I meant they have moved to Dalry last month until the cabins are in place allowing demolition to take place now or whenever it's scheduled.

I dunno, I was down picking up tickets last week around 3ish and there were a couple of yummy mummies putting kids into cars - I didn't see if they'd come out of the nursery though or from somewhere else

I dunno, I was down picking up tickets last week around 3ish and there were a couple of yummy mummies putting kids into cars - I didn't see if they'd come out of the nursery though or from somewhere else

Maybe, I'm not in the know. Just going by the information available on the nursery website.

https://tynecastlenursery.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/november-december-2016.pdf

Great pics - thanks for posting.

It's so weird having full view of the old stand.

Does anyone know how the adult education / council building came to be built so close to the stand? ... and when it was built?

Even a poor photographer like myself should be able to get some decent shots of the old stand when we're up for the Christmas games.

Clark Griswold

Would be lovely to have the old/ a version of the Tynecastle Park sign that used to be on the Gorgie road end reincarnated for the new standard opening :)

the council buildings were not built as council buildings.

they opened in 1968 as social clubs.

the shop was for the scruffs like myself above that was for the middle class and the one directly behind the stand was for the toffs.

if my memory serves me right in order they were called ace of Hearts club. the Rosebury club. and the Midlothian suite.

Would be lovely to have the old/ a version of the Tynecastle Park sign that used to be on the Gorgie road end reincarnated for the new standard opening :)

I'd love Hearts to use retro signings (e.g white painted letters on maroon painted wood) for the revamp. The styling and wording had a lot more charm

Can anyone tell me when the little annex was built into the main stand entrance? And what changed internally as a result of its addition?

Can anyone tell me when the little annex was built into the main stand entrance? And what changed internally as a result of its addition?

Think it was during the mercer regime it was a sort of posh reception area inside. Replaced a simple door marked players and officials, i think.

Think it was during the mercer regime it was a sort of posh reception area inside. Replaced a simple door marked players and officials, i think.

Yep, and that answers another question as because it was built out that's why the education centre was so close (was close anyway)

the shop was for the scruffs like myself above that was for the middle class and the one directly behind the stand was for the toffs.

if my memory serves me right in order they were called ace of Hearts club. the Rosebury club. and the Midlothian suite.

I know more about the building from your reply than I have in 25+ years going to Tynecastle

Three accommodation units for the nursery now in situ behind the Wheatfield stand.

kh6t52d.jpg

Question : I hear the kids are moving to Dalry Primary this month is this because these units in Gerrards Yard won't be ready in time.

how div ye get them to open?I get error

Just clicked on them mate.

Edited by Dallas Green

I was at Tynecastle Senior Secondary School (as it was called) and remember it being built. Your right about the name of the clubs and years later i joined and remember getting a pass card for gaining entry to the club. Edited by mitch41

how div ye get them to open?I get error

I'm sorry. Not really fully up on the tech. People quoting my original post the links aren't opening.

Go back to my original post on previous page around 12.30pm today for the pics.