New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

attendance was still pretty low then also

That is very much the same structure as it was when it was demolished. A few changes such as the enclosure at the front of the stand but the stand itself was just as ramshackle in the 90s as the 20s.

Our main stand was considered a palace compared to that heap of junk.

Was in there a few times you didn't get a seat you got space on a bench marked out with white lines giving you about a foot to queeze into. Coming down the stairs which were wooden planks with spaces between each step you could clearly see piles of rubbish lying at the foot of the

stairwell.

They have some cheek criticising our main

stand when they got away with that fire hazard for the best part of 70 years.

That is very much the same structure as it was when it was demolished. A few changes such as the enclosure at the front of the stand but the stand itself was just as ramshackle in the 90s as the 20s.

Was in there a few times you didn't get a seat you got space on a bench marked out with white lines giving you about a foot to queeze into. Coming down the stairs which were wooden planks with spaces between each step you could clearly see piles of rubbish lying at the foot of the

stairwell.

The only time I was in it was the East Of Scotland Schoolboys Final when Musselburgh Grammar beat Dalkeith High 2 - 1 circa 1965/66. The winners had "stars" like Jim Jefferies, Billy Brown, Ally Brown (WBA) & Alex Martin (Hull City).

My abiding memory is the "dust bowl" we created stamping our feet on the wooden floor.

Also remember Ally coming home at end of season after joining WBA, playing in "ad hoc" games of football down The Haugh at Stoneybank. Slight difference from English 1st Division, probably no longer possible due to Insurance conditions for pros.

Looking forward to renewing my ST in the new stand next season with fingers crossed a wee bit more leg room. The benefits of being in 2nd last row of existing Main Stand, is no worry about wind or rain. I will just need to be careful when selecting my seat going forward.

stairwell.

Yip.

I remember being in their main stand for the Foster cup derby.

An absolute shitehole. I couldn't actually believe what I was seeing. Slatted steps. No seats. Piles of rubbish.

Complete death trap.

Scaffs.

I was looking for old pics of the main stand on the "Lost Edinburgh" facebook page when I came across this one of Easter Road's equivalent from 1924

TEsn6Ru.jpg

Jambo jersey found under the stand when they demolished it apparently..!!

Yip.

I remember being in their main stand for the Foster cup derby.

An absolute shitehole. I couldn't actually believe what I was seeing. Slatted steps. No seats. Piles of rubbish.

Complete death trap.

Scaffs.

I remember the piles/tonnes of garbage under their old wooden stand. Rat infested sh1te hole.

In an attempt to avoid every thread on this site being shite can we please keep this to the Tynecastle works.

I don't want to read about Easter ****ing road or Hampden or anywhere else.

Cheers.

Can somebody post a pic of the gorgie stand when it's not in use with the stand when it gets lifted up from behind the goal please? My sis lifelong Jambo has never seen it and doesn't believe me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Can somebody post a pic of the gorgie stand when it's not in use with the stand when it gets lifted up from behind the goal please? My sis lifelong Jambo has never seen it and doesn't believe me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STT-8.jpg

In an attempt to avoid every thread on this site being shite can we please keep this to the Tynecastle works.

I don't want to read about Easter ******* road or Hampden or anywhere else.

Cheers.

What was it you wanted to say about the Stadium upgrade then ?

What was it you wanted to say about the Stadium upgrade then ?

I want to read about it not other shitey stadiums?

Presume you'd rather look at Easter Road by your critique of me?

Cheers.

My sentiments exactly Sir, well said.

Apparently greenginger drove down McLeod Steet earlier today. This was what he had to say over on hobo.net

Just drove down Mcleod Street this morning and the building is still there. A small outshoot at the back has been pulled down.

Also, as of this morning , the Chris Stewart Group is still using the property ( Land Registry No. 101939 ) as security for the companies borrowings.

Now, it could be that the deal has been concluded in the last few days as it takes a week or so for Companies House to be notified of the satisfaction of a charge. However since Mrs Budge claimed she had bought the building 12 months ago, you will understand my scepticism .

That is not a Scottish title number. If it is real at all it is English.

jamboinglasgow

Ann budge told me that the main stand tree will be gone by Xmas

RIPmainstandtree

Still think they should take the wood from it and build something with it.

I want to read about it not other shitey stadiums?

Presume you'd rather look at Easter Road by your critique of me?

What critique ?

I only asked what you wanted to discuss.

Start a fight in an empty house you would.

It's just a tree.....cut it down and forget about it

In 30 years time some on here can start a thread reminiscing about and repost all the pictures it but until then get rid of it and forget about it as most will when they see and sit in the new stand.

Mind you some on here will be sitting next to their mates and telling them all about the great tree that used to grow where the stand now sits and tears will be flowing down their cheeks as they do so.

In 30 years time some on here can start a thread reminiscing about and repost all the pictures it but until then get rid of it and forget about it as most will when they see and sit in the new stand.

Mind you some on here will be sitting next to their mates and telling them all about the great tree that used to grow where the stand now sits and tears will be flowing down their cheeks as they do so.

Kevin-the-teenager.jpg

God it's all so stupid

Francis Albert

At least down Easter Rd they have the capability to enclose their corners whereas we can't with those daft pylons connected to the struts right along the front edge of the roofs. Could easily get another 500-1000 seats in each corner. Always thought there was a fair amount of waste considering how tight an area we have to play with. Their ground will still be pish though, which is more important.

At least down Easter Rd they have the capability to enclose their corners whereas we can't with those daft pylons connected to the struts right along the front edge of the roofs. Could easily get another 500-1000 seats in each corner. Always thought there was a fair amount of waste considering how tight an area we have to play with. Their ground will still be pish though, which is more important.

the design of our three new stands actually squeezes more seats into limited space than would a design where the roof was supported from the back

Lincon Premier

It may have been posted elsewhere but I have missed it. The ticket office under the Wheatfield stand, How do you gain access? I am disabled and need to head down there tomorrow so need to park as near as possible. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lincon Premier

It may have been posted elsewhere but I have missed it. The ticket office under the Wheatfield stand, How do you gain access? I am disabled and need to head down there tomorrow so need to park as near as possible. Thanks in advance.

From mcleod street path goes behind school end / roseburn stand

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

Still think they should take the wood from it and build something with it.

A bigger trophy cabinet

Tree could and should be removed in one piece and relocated somewhere else rather than just being destroyed.

Yes we should do that, think of the tree!!!

It's a tree FFS...

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

In 30 years time some on here can start a thread reminiscing about and repost all the pictures it but until then get rid of it and forget about it as most will when they see and sit in the new stand.

Nailed. :rofl:

Lucille's Thirsty

I can't wait till we start knocking down the main stand and rebuilding her getting daily pictures on this place will be the highlight of my day.

Sad but true,

:facepalm:

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

I can't wait till we start knocking down the main stand and rebuilding her getting daily pictures on this place will be the highlight of my day.

Sad but true,

:facepalm:

You could make Hearts' time lapse camera your screensaver 

Stephen Muddie

Cheers.

This

Stephen Muddie

Couple of pics from yesterday, expect they'll clear what's left by the end of the week at this rate.

0c8877491b867426be1dadb02d99af20.jpg

b881f52ab1745f582885fda9715902dc.jpg

b9b8ff070b79511eee8770cbbc94b013.jpg

f1c5d8bf1c6dc33331adbd79d7f91be3.jpg

:smugger:

Wonder what the story is with the Danger painted on this doors.

Expect a thread to appear on weareobsessedbyHMFC.net  

"Demolishing suspended as spare asbestos tiles found in cupboard at Tynecastle"

Expect a thread to appear on weareobsessedbyHMFC.net

"Demolishing suspended as spare asbestos tiles found in cupboard at Tynecastle"

It's probably the toilet that greenginger lives in.

The Natural Order

Wonder what the story is with the Danger painted on this doors.

It'll be the old plant room I'd expect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk