New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Franksluckypants

Quality descriptions of our wee neighbours tonight in the thread!

Back on topic, I'm sure our 'gal' is well happy the way the stadium is developing just like the 'guy' no doubt would be!

Oh and by the way in defence of JIH - 'He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.' ...just that he seems to ask a question every 5 mins...

I can't think of another main stand in Scotland that has such a large floor area not built under the seating deck. The space that we'll have compared to just about any other main stand will be vast, and whilst this clearly costs more to build and fit out than if we'd just done the normal thing under the seats, it also presents us with exceptional money-generating possibilities.

Jambof3tornado

Sad news but proper maroon is almost impossible to create with light.

How close can you get? A reddy-purple??

How close can you get? A reddy-purple??

Pretty much. Light colour comes from RGB (red-green-blue) mixing. Modern LED lights also have a white cell making RGBW, but maroon remains almost impossible. Lovely purples can be made but to make maroon you would need another element that would be like a brown. I've tried but can't get there.

luckyBatistuta

It does.

Us Thier lights planned?

Loads of lights all over our new main stand. Not entirely sure how that would look, think I'll be absolutely raving if they go down that route.

Pretty much. Light colour comes from RGB (red-green-blue) mixing. Modern LED lights also have a white cell making RGBW, but maroon remains almost impossible. Lovely purples can be made but to make maroon you would need another element that would be like a brown. I've tried but can't get there.

LED 5600 kelvin + maroon gel might get close

Well it would if there was a maroon gel available.

Instead of creating a mix with RGB, could we not just use the lights that let you insert LEE filters? 

I've actually seen them used on a stadium. The Giants and Jets share a stadium, between every game they switch out the blue sheets and put in green. 

Also, safe standing couldn't possibly work in a single section. If lower N was standing, the folk in lower P wouldn't see the corner.

Another reason to fill in the corners...

I wonder how many of the 245 pages of this thread are taken up with the safe standing / retractable roof / filling the corners 'banter'........?

Bungalow Bill

Another reason to fill in the corners...

And change the entire mechanics for the roof staying on the stands...

Clerry Jambo

Whats all this chat about lights, apparently we're still saving up for a lightbulb to replace!!

scott herbertson

Whats all this chat about lights, apparently we're still saving up for a lightbulb to replace!!

We've also lost the guy with the ladder to go up and replace them, unless that's in Lockie's JD under 'any other duties as required'

I hope there's lighting planned cos the off-white panels do look pretty minging tbh

Halfway through construction........

Fxxx the SPFL

I wonder how many of the 245 pages of this thread are taken up with the safe standing / retractable roof / filling the corners 'banter'........?

Marooned in Sec Z

Are folk really losing their shit over the shade of some glass. Our new stand is going to be a thing of beauty. If you get the chance go and check it out for yourself and see how big a difference it looks already.

avhudtheteeshirt

White LED light with Maroon acetate cover should do the trick, cheap and cheerful. 

Monitors also create colour through RGB LED light and can create maroon no problem.

100 Red

10 Green

40 Blue

= Maroon

Edited by Ray Gin

BelgeJambo

Corners, Glass Shade, Stand Depth, Padded seats etc etc

Be thankful for what we are about to receive

Amen

Any Photos?

Monitors also create colour through RGB LED light and can create maroon no problem.

100 Red

10 Green

40 Blue

= Maroon

Trust me it's it's not that simple. I've tried with various types of light and that sweet spot just isn't there.

The constant question of corner filling ?. Can't happen, what what would hold up the 4 roof trusses ?, maybe sky hooks ?.

Prince Buaben

Bolton could sell us more of there trus to suppoer the corners. 

Armageddon

I hope there's lighting planned cos the off-white panels do look pretty minging tbh

Off white?  You mean the opaque glass?

Any pictures? Might end/add to the debate of the "white panels". Also wondering if they have evened off the inside of the stand now ready to build he bottoms section

Phil D. Corners

Bolton could sell us more of there trus to suppoer the corners.

Maybe part of a swap deal with Bjorn?

Seymour M Hersh

The constant question of corner filling ?. Can't happen, what what would hold up the 4 roof trusses ?, maybe sky hooks ?.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar perhaps?

Hearts_fan

I must say I was once really attached to the idea of filling in the fecking corners. However, since spunking my load at how the stadium is going to be sans corners, there's now more chance of raising the Titanic than me being roused by the idea filling in the fecking corners. Still, I'm sure given time I'll be enthused about filling in the fecking corners once again at some point.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Hackney Hearts

Off white?  You mean the opaque glass?

Is it fully opaque? Or translucent? (Thomaso?)

GorgieBoysAreInTown

Does anyone know how many rows will be in the new main stand? A friend just bought season ticket in row 36. That's got to be near the top

Hearts_fan

Does anyone know how many rows will be in the new main stand? A friend just bought season ticket in row 36. That's got to be near the top

37 as far as I am aware. 36 will feel pretty high indeed! 

100 Red

10 Green

40 Blue

= Maroon

(128,0,0) is also classed as maroon 

Prince Buaben

Pool1_large.jpg

Since we cant get the corners filled in.. what about..

What about something like this inbetween the Gorgie and the Main stand>

corryjambo

Pool1_large.jpg

That would stop the old firm masses from turning up especially if we provided soap as well. They would run a mile at the thought of it.

Armageddon

Pool1_large.jpg

How do you know this exactly??? ;)

Hagar the Horrible

Pool1_large.jpg

Well that would be great, certainly better than watching grown men in pajamas playing rounders and pretending its for a WORLD title?  Joke of a sport

Its disappointing

I was hoping there would be 30 pages on the asbestos removal

But seems like the builders sneeked it away without anyone noticing

The Future's Maroon

Having seen it myself, and worked in glazing I think it looks cracking including the opaque glass. Actually stunned folk can still complain about anything with regards to the stunning new stand we are not far from using.

Lights don't have to be maroon for me, it would have been been nice f it could have been done but I am confident that there are plans afoot in regards to that side of it. ;-)

Edited by The Future's Maroon

BelgeJambo

That would stop the old firm masses from turning up especially if we provided soap as well. They would run a mile at the thought of it.

Sheep Dip for them fookers

As we will never fill the corners....

I like the idea of painting the end of the stand wall maroon, or I think it could look fabulous if we extended the mural theme from outside to each of the enclosure walls.

It would make the ground feel even more enclosed, albeit I probably wouldn't go as far as painting fans on the wall, would never here the end of it from the Mechano merchants across the city.

Maybe one of the photoshop geniuses on here could apply some fans to the corners of the stadium so we could see what it looks like.

Edited by Neon

Hearts_fan

As we will never fill the corners....

I like the idea of painting the end of the stand wall maroon, or I think it could look fabulous if we extended the mural theme from outside to each of the enclosure walls.

It would make the ground feel even more enclosed, albeit I probably wouldn't go as far as painting fans on the wall, would never here the end of it from the Mechano merchants across the city.

Maybe one of the photoshop geniuses on here could apply some fans to the corners of the stadium so we could see what it looks like.

Giant mirrors would do it. Infinity stands...