New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Ffs any photos?

A decent Thread slowly turning in to a car crash because of the colour of some glass panels.

Ffs any photos?

A decent Thread slowly turning in to a car crash because of the colour of some glass panels.

Once the maroon glass panels go up it'll have folk screaming over the correct maroon shade :whistling:

Once the maroon glass panels go up it'll have folk screaming over the correct maroon shade :whistling:

I'm just happy to have somewhere to go of a Saturday.

Strangely, though, i'll not see the outside of this beauty most weeks anyhoo as I come in from the other side and leave that way also.

I might saunter round before the sheep game mind, for a wee photo !

It's the noise from the inside of it i'm most looking forward to...not shades of maroon !

BelgeJambo

Seems that there will be more folk standing outside the ground complaining about the stand than there will be inside it complaining about the team - happy days

Hagar the Horrible

Raley field Sacramento

Pretty sure thats in Arizona?  stadium even has a roof and technicaly all the corners filled in as it kinda square shaped?

As for the asbestos from our old roof, perhaps its been ground down to a powder and used as snort for the lockend junkies?

Sugar for the tea at ER

BelgeJambo

Pretty sure thats in Arizona?  stadium even has a roof and technicaly all the corners filled in as it kinda square shaped?

As for the asbestos from our old roof, perhaps its been ground down to a powder and used as snort for the lockend junkies?

Sugar for the tea at ER

It is Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, shown on the BBC Sports day Rolling news.  Must be in Section N cos there are some arseholes standing in front of the pool LOL

Edited by BelgeJambo

Pretty sure thats in Arizona? stadium even has a roof and technicaly all the corners filled in as it kinda square shaped?

Sugar for the tea at ER

surely the giant A in the pool gives away that it's in Arizona, no?

doctor jambo

I know its hibs but it looks a bit cheap with the three 2 tier stands then the east stand just 1.  It doesnt match.

Have you been to Celtic Park- three monster stands, and a wee retro job on one side

Governor Tarkin

Off white? You mean the opaque glass?

Yeh, the off white opaque glass.

It looks shite.

Job half done though.

sairyinthat

Ffs any photos?

Exactly where's our David Bailey gone.

It looks shite.

Job half done though.

Will look different with all the glass panels in place though with maroon ones on the of the rest of the front of the stand (to the side of the facade)

Bad Religion

It looks shite.

Job half done though.

The more I look at it the more I like it. I think it will be spectacular once complete.

Governor Tarkin

Ffs any photos?

:lol:

Aye, a car crash right enough.

Governor Tarkin

I think it will be spectacular once complete.

Yeh, you're probably right.

avhudtheteeshirt

Its disappointing

I was hoping there would be 30 pages on the asbestos removal

But seems like the builders sneeked it away without anyone noticing

Hopefully they managed to sneak it into Greengingers pockets as he stands and drools over our new stand!!!!!

Just waiting for his claim coming into the Club!!!

Edited by avhudtheteeshirt

Watt-Zeefuik

Pretty much. Light colour comes from RGB (red-green-blue) mixing. Modern LED lights also have a white cell making RGBW, but maroon remains almost impossible. Lovely purples can be made but to make maroon you would need another element that would be like a brown. I've tried but can't get there.

Given the side panels would be maroon tinted, making the middle panels yellow and blue could work?

Nookie Bear

Well that would be great, certainly better than watching grown men in pajamas playing rounders and pretending its for a WORLD title?  Joke of a sport

I believe the "World" comes from the name of the newspaper that sponsored (?) the competition.

Nookie Bear

surely the giant A in the pool gives away that it's in Arizona, no?

It's "A" for Arseholes.

Clearly reserved for kickbackers.

Francis Albert

I hope there's lighting planned cos the off-white panels do look pretty minging tbh

Some of the more recent head on and more close up pictures certainly don't look as impressive as some of the earlier ones, with the off-white/opaque bits looking more prominent. We will just have to wait and see the finished article in the flesh.

Is it fully opaque? Or translucent? (Thomaso?)

They are called glass spandrel panels which are basically double glazed units that have a ceramic frit paint to face 4 of the glass to hide the floor slabs behind.

It will look much more aesthetically pleasing when the maroon glass spandrels get glazed at the sides.

Edited by Lambo85

Maple Leaf

I believe the "World" comes from the name of the newspaper that sponsored (?) the competition.

Off topic here, so I'll make it quick.

The newspaper you refer to was the New York World, but it never did sponsor the event.  That's an urban myth.

The name World Series is a shortened version of "World Championship Series".  The baseball folks in the USA back in the day did indeed claim the winner to be world champions.

Francis Albert

Off topic here, so I'll make it quick.

The newspaper you refer to was the New York World, but it never did sponsor the event.  That's an urban myth.

The name World Series is a shortened version of "World Championship Series".  The baseball folks in the USA back in the day did indeed claim the winner to be world champions.

Staying off topic the "World Series" for much of its history involved exclusively white teams from the US  east of the Mississipi.

Edited by Francis Albert

kawasakijambo

Some of the more recent head on and more close up pictures certainly don't look as impressive as some of the earlier ones, with the off-white/opaque bits looking more prominent. We will just have to wait and see the finished article in the flesh.

Then the white trim goes in, lost the mirror effect

Maple Leaf

Staying off topic the "World Series" for much of its history involved exclusively white teams from the US  east of the Mississipi.

Correct.  The segregation in baseball was ended by Jackie Robinson of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

EDIT.  and that's it for me on this subject.

Seymour M Hersh

Correct.  The segregation in baseball was ended by Jackie Robinson of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

EDIT.  and that's it for me on this subject.

Don't forget Larry Doby signed for the Cleveland Indians the same year as Robinson stepped up to the majors from the minors. Just little or no media coverage but he still suffered the same abuse as Robinson.

Gorgie_Rules

As we will never fill the corners....

I like the idea of painting the end of the stand wall maroon, or I think it could look fabulous if we extended the mural theme from outside to each of the enclosure walls.

It would make the ground feel even more enclosed, albeit I probably wouldn't go as far as painting fans on the wall, would never here the end of it from the Mechano merchants across the city.

Maybe one of the photoshop geniuses on here could apply some fans to the corners of the stadium so we could see what it looks like.

Agreed, something should be done with the inside walls, the mock up a few pages earlier looked then business.

There is still half of an allsports sponsor board up on the Wheatfield one. Wasn't a fan of the 'posters' of fans in the early Vlad era but its better than what we have just now.

Small changes like that can make a big difference in modernising the rest of the stadium.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Mid Calder Jambo

Pool1_large.jpg

Since we cant get the corners filled in.. what about..

What about something like this inbetween the Gorgie and the Main stand>

We've got the big puddle at the back of Sainsbuy's.

See when the corners get filled in.

Best stadium in Scotland :sweeet:

Jamborello

Not a great day to take photies...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great pictures Kila, and a pleasant diversion from some of the 'banter' on here :2thumbsup:

Not a great day to take photies

image.jpg

Eire flag in the skip? :wow:

John Findlay

Not a great day to take photies...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still looks the dug's nuts.

This chat of filling corners...may i ask what the point would be? Other than looking good.

Who would pay for it? And who would be buy tickets for the seats?

Or is it just tongue in cheek chat?

Lookng at pics glass work slowing down abit?

Maybe for focus to increase work on inside now main stand gone?

Francis Albert

Don't forget Larry Doby signed for the Cleveland Indians the same year as Robinson stepped up to the majors from the minors. Just little or no media coverage but he still suffered the same abuse as Robinson.

To go even further off topic (the last time, and it does have a Hearts connection, sort of) anyone interested in baseball should read a book called The Veracruz Blues (a Mexico City based team despite the name - the owner came from Veracruz) about a short lived league which   integrated black and white US players in 1946 (before Robinson was signed by the Dodgers), importing some big names from both white and black US leagues (the players were then banned by the US leagues). The owner of the Blues bore a striking resemblance to Vlad's style, only more so. He not only ran the club, he ran the league, and didn't bother with faxes; he would simply walk onto the field during play to change the team. Sorry about the diversion ... back to the colour and opacity of glass!

Edited by Francis Albert

corryjambo

This chat of filling corners...may i ask what the point would be? Other than looking good.

Who would pay for it? And who would be buy tickets for the seats?

Or is it just tongue in cheek chat?

Lookng at pics glass work slowing down abit?

Maybe for focus to increase work on inside now main stand gone?

6 question marks in 2 posts. You don't come from Hamilton do you J80MBO?  :smile:  :smile:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar perhaps?

A simple engineering structure in that the the floodlighting structures also are designed to withstand the loading of the the roof trusses that you see to the front of the canopies.

Jamboelite

Would people shut the **** up about the corners even in jest.

It would be good to get a few pics of inside to see what, if anything, has changed.

sairyinthat

Looking like Mr S. has been taking a short cut up McLeod street after picking up Berry from the airport to meet LD.

Might be worth remembering that because of the road closure of McLeod street there won't be as many photos taken

Credit to those still doing so