New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Stephen Muddie

Update: I didn't take any photos today because I wasn't in the immediate area.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You can see how much we wound them up by putting the shirt under the east stand. It was a bit of a laugh, but they are now determined to do it a hundred times more. They are broken.

I was going to add "well Hibs apparently" so I'm glad you pointed it out. I imagine there will be hundreds of pounds worth of Hibs memorabilia buried underneath our new stand. Wait until we just laugh it off. :)

Hearts_fan

https://postimg.org/image/yon0z368n/

Received this from a friend, the first of many I am led to believe along with the usual shirts in concrete, been told there's far worse and picks be released once the stand is completed.

Random thing to do: listing all Hibs Scottish Cup wins of the past 114 years... Perhaps the person's pen ran out of ink after listing their most recent win... wait a minute! Just realised, the pen's ink wasn't the problem!

Lookng at pics glass work slowing down abit?

Maybe for focus to increase work on inside now main stand gone?

MacLeod Street is closed preventing glass deliveries at the moment.

https://postimg.org/image/yon0z368n/

Received this from a friend, the first of many I am led to believe along with the usual shirts in concrete, been told there's far worse and picks be released once the stand is completed.

Shirts in concrete appropriate given tynecastle has been the graveyard for many a hibs team.

Hearts_fan

In the absence of too many juicy new angles oflate

:oohmatron:

And continuing in the spirit of 'seeing things' that aren't really there (Sarah O noticed a flag): 

Eire flag in the skip? :wow:

I raise you:

2vs19wk.jpg

Jamboelite

Shit. Just noticed that masel :-)

I'll get doon the morn mate!!

Haha you're a top man always appreciated. Edited by Jamboelite

Jamboelite

MacLeod Street is closed preventing glass deliveries at the moment.

Only half closed :-)

When is the glass work due to be finished Thomaso?

The Natural Order

Same way they did the others some piling work I would have thought or do you mean the lifting of the concrete sections of seats ?

I was told there's no piling for the front section, just trenches to be dug for the foundations. Apparently, only the bottom section of 10 rows will be concrete sections like the other stands. The upper section of 27 rows is going to be a new composite material from South Korea. Can't remember for the life of me what it's called, I'm sure Thomaso will know.

PhoenixHearts

Pool1_large.jpg

Since we cant get the corners filled in.. what about..

What about something like this inbetween the Gorgie and the Main stand>

Seen my fair share of runs smacked into that pool. Not sure we've got the wheather for it in Edinburgh however, but I'd welcome the novelty regardless. Just as long as we don't copy any other elements of Chase Field. Bloody Aircraft hangar.

Jamborello

I was told there's no piling for the front section, just trenches to be dug for the foundations. Apparently, only the bottom section of 10 rows will be concrete sections like the other stands. The upper section of 27 rows is going to be a new composite material from South Korea. Can't remember for the life of me what it's called, I'm sure Thomaso will know.

It'll be asbestos, it's traditional :)

Joking aside I heard the same thing, that it was a composite being used.

Buffalo Bill

19748833_10155474443635763_8604453671031

With thanks to the 'Hearts Main Stand Photo Group' FB page.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

You are correct - very lightweight but VERY expensive!

Only half closed :-)

When is the glass work due to be finished Thomaso?

TBH the glazing is not on the critical path. Pitchside construction is the priority.

The Natural Order

You are correct - very lightweight but VERY expensive!

What's it called again? I mind it starts with a S but that's it.

What's it called again? I mind it starts with a S but that's it.

Pans Jambo

19748833_10155474443635763_8604453671031

With thanks to the 'Hearts Main Stand Photo Group' FB page.

Class. The auld stand is offski now.

davemclaren

Those new home changing rooms don't look up to much.

They look better than the old ones and won't be the first team dressing rooms when the new stand is kitted out.

hughesie27

They look better than the old ones and won't be the first team dressing rooms when the new stand is kitted out.

Yeah I know they are just a temporary measure however I've seen posts on bete add have needed I then and claimed they were something a bit more exciting.

Every single Big Cup win by H1b5 during the entire life of the old stand listed there.

Must have taken ages to remember them all :-)

LOL

So it looks like that Police box is staying. Unlucky those at the end of section T, some of you won't be able to see the goals at the Gorgie end.

Yeah I know they are just a temporary measure however I've seen posts on bete add have needed I then and claimed they were something a bit more exciting.

Come again???

Looks superb, but Id be gobsmacked if its ready in time

Stand by for your gob to be smacked!!

Jamboelite

So it looks like that Police box is staying. Unlucky those at the end of section T, some of you won't be able to see the goals at the Gorgie end.

Its not been confirmed but people think it might be there until the new stand is kitted out with a fully operational space for the police.

Hackney Hearts

Those new home changing rooms don't look up to much.

TBF, that photo only shows a part of them. Having changed in there myself, it's a vast improvement on what we had before. Although as has been pointed out, the facilities in the new stand will be even better.

The very latest in ground-breaking technology - a hot water TV fully plumbed-in to the central heating system? Meanwhile, the rest of us have to make-do with bog standard electricity. :smart:

DD_rMTkXsAI4gaJ.jpg

The very latest in ground-breaking technology - a hot water TV fully plumbed-in to the central heating system? Meanwhile, the rest of us have to make-do with bog standard electricity. :smart:

DD_rMTkXsAI4gaJ.jpg

Bat Mobile next .

Looks like they have used bricks from the old stand in the new tunnel will the new tunnel be kept when new stand complete?

All roads lead to Gorgie

DD_rMTkXsAI4gaJ.jpg

The TV has a Liquid Crystal Display screen. The pipes are to supply the Liquid.  :tiny: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks like they have used bricks from the old stand in the new tunnel will the new tunnel be kept when new stand complete?

We encourage the kids to recycle :)

Good find

19657380_473000646383844_776411877972354

19702130_473000659717176_463700231982377

19732033_473000669717175_911010699703605

19732133_473000656383843_152186527792035

It is going to be huge! The square on shots show how much room there is for the bottom half. Looked like much less from the Gorgie end.

Heartsofgold

It is going to be huge! The square on shots show how much room there is for the bottom half. Looked like much less from the Gorgie end.

Bear in mind that that clear space is the entire footprint of the Old Stand.

Fxxx the SPFL

When you think that the first home game is on September 9th these guys must be knocking their pans in to get finished 64 days to go do they work weekends.

When you think that the first home game is on September 9th these guys must be knocking their pans in to get finished 64 days to go do they work weekends.

The stand will not be finished for the first home game, the changing rooms, hospitality and offices will not be complete, it will however be complete enough for the fans to use, or that's the plan at least.