New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

kingantti1874

Instead of that big gap in the bottom corner; can we not have it seated with a hydraulic lift like the section behind the goals?

Think access needs to be immediate

August Landmesser

Instead of that big gap in the bottom corner; can we not have it seated with a hydraulic lift like the section behind the goals?

Cheaper tickets in that corner as you'll be sat in an ejector seat

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

That'll work when an ambulance needs access in an emergency...

Stephen Muddie

Its not a missed opportunity its an architectural impossibity as the floodlights hold the stands up. We could knock all the stands down and start again but for the sake of a few hundred seats the ???? it would cost dont equate.

The maroon design was felt to be a nice contrast in small amounts rather than all over the front its down to individual taste i guess but i prefer it as is.

The stands hold themselves up. The pillars support the roof actually

BlackhallJambo

That'll work when an ambulance needs access in an emergency...

Pretty sure from a tour of Old Trafford a while back it had such an arrangement where seats above the players tunnel are on a hydraulic lift to allow bigger vehicles in when necessary. Can't imagine it's to difficult to ask 50 people to vacate their seats when there is an exceptional need to use the facility

I thought the mosaic was staying at the entrance ?

Seems to be staying where it is

But where it is isn't the entrance any more

Dr Ian Malcolm

Pretty sure from a tour of Old Trafford a while back it had such an arrangement where seats above the players tunnel are on a hydraulic lift to allow bigger vehicles in when necessary. Can't imagine it's to difficult to ask 50 people to vacate their seats when there is an exceptional need to use the facility

It's not about asking people to move - it's about an ambulance being able to immediately get to someone who's potentially dying. It's required by law at events like football games.

jamboinglasgow

It's not about asking people to move - it's about an ambulance being able to immediately get to someone who's potentially dying. It's required by law at events like football games.

I do wonder if some fans think the club are wanting to reduce the capacity, despite Anne saying they wanted most seats possible. The club are restricted by law and cost what they build (same with the police box and the corners.)

davemclaren

I do wonder if some fans think the club are wanting to reduce the capacity, despite Anne saying they wanted most seats possible. The club are restricted by law and cost what they build (same with the police box and the corners.)

Absolutely.

BlackhallJambo

Absolutely.

My point is that the poster was being ridiculed for his suggestion. All I am saying is that it is feasible and Man Utd are meeting their legal obligations with this system. However our budget and theirs are obviously on different levels entirely and for that reason it ain't going to happen

All roads lead to Gorgie

Why only at the ends?

Can we get an extra seat squeezed in somewhere in the ground? Looks much better than being one short IMO

I'm not being daft its a missed opportunity IMO

We should have factored in a special section with smaller seats for the vertically challenged, salad eating members of the support. Do it now before it is too late.  :sunny: 

Jamboelite

The stands hold themselves up. The pillars support the roof actually

So you knew the answer why ask the ****ing question haha

I thought the mosaic was staying at the entrance ?

The mosaic IS staying where it is, it's current position WAS the original main entrance for the Auld Main Stand, when the new one is completed the mosaic floor will NOT be at the NEW entrance of the NEW main stand.

Edited by dannymack

Seems to be staying where it is

But where it is isn't the entrance any more

Ah, cheers. To the right of a new entrance then.

Would have been nice to move it to the main entrance but i'm sure it will still be prominent.

Ah, cheers. To the right of a new entrance then.

Would have been nice to move it to the main entrance but i'm sure it will still be prominent.

It's going to be displayed behind a glass door Boab as opposed to continually use. Edited by dannymack

Work continuing today. Looks like sky lounge is going to have a glass roof?

image.jpg

image.jpg

That will be so they can see the sky.  :sunny:

Obviously we can't put seating in the corners due to the pillars holding the roof up, but there's no reason why we can't cover the pillars with some sort of panelling to close them off, I think it being closed off would look great and make for a much better atmosphere.

Obviously we can't put seating in the corners due to the pillars holding the roof up, but there's no reason why we can't cover the pillars with some sort of panelling to close them off, I think it being closed off would look great and make for a much better atmosphere.

Always thought about that. Would love to see wraparounds around all four pylons. Semi permeable covers to let air in (or if not, they could be clipped on/off as and when).

Completely agree, they would box in what will already be a very very enclosed arena.

I think the stand walls should be coloured in maroon:

017e4ee92d.png

017e5c55a1.png

I think the stand walls should be coloured in maroon:

017e4ee92d.png

017e5c55a1.png

Right Kila, imagine those maroon walls, with a grey stoney coloured covering attached over the floodlight pylons. Would look solid, and I reckon it would be cheap as chips to do.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I seem to remember someone saying they were left that way to allow air flow to the grass and more light through to surrounding property. I could have got that wrong mind you.

Buffalo Bill

I'd also like to see the inside gable ends of the stands to have some cladding; white would be nice as a contrast to the maroon seats.

Right Kila, imagine those maroon walls, with a grey stoney coloured covering attached over the floodlight pylons. Would look solid, and I reckon it would be cheap as chips to do.

That would look brilliant. I'm sure there is something that could be used to fill it that wouldn't cost much at all.

jamboinglasgow

I'd also like to see the inside gable ends of the stands to have some cladding; white would be nice as a contrast to the maroon seats.

Same here, I think we can do much aesthetically with the stadium

I seem to remember someone saying they were left that way to allow air flow to the grass and more light through to surrounding property. I could have got that wrong mind you.

Ah, I see. Suppose that would make sense. I'm sure, as someone mentioned above, there must be something semi-permeable that would do the trick....

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ah, I see. Suppose that would make sense. I'm sure, as someone mentioned above, there must be something semi-permeable that would do the trick....

I agree it would look good and keep those in the end section lower seats more sheltered from the gusty winds that sometimes blows in there. I wonder if we would need to use clear panelling to still allow some light through but many grounds are now completely closed in so it doesn't seem to be an issue for others.

hughesie27

Covers with air flow flaps for the wind would look great I think. Amazing I've never thought about that as a solution or read about it on here till now.

Can't be much if any light getting through to residential property at any of the corners?

hughesie27

Having seen a video on FB and the recent pictures I am a bit disappointed at how white the floor level glass panels are appearing in direct sunlight. Very similar to the artists impression we all argued over.

Glass is a difficult material however so the stand is going to appear different in many different lights.

Can't wait to see it lit up on winter evenings with internal lights v Europe's finest.

Different Class

Assuming those who are touting cheap cladding haven't been watching the news recently...

It also allows...em...punters to stand at the corner of the Wheatfield and Gorgie to stand and watch the injury time minutes before the mad rush to get oot !

Covering it would mean everyone would have to stay to the end !

Scenes !

Bad Religion

Assuming those who are touting cheap cladding haven't been watching the news recently...

Completely different types of cladding obviously unless Ann intends on insulating the pylons.

Jamboelite

Really ?! What a car crash of a post obviously everyone who has indicated this as a cheap alternative meant in relation to bigger work and with the confines of being safe.

Im not sure why i have to actually clarify that as its obvious.

Edited by Jamboelite

Pans Jambo

bdfce865bc6f228825809fd15a507870.png

I think someone was looking for this in a previous post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one. Ye that was me.

Its to show the tunnel access to the pitch at the bottom L/H corner.

Edit: interesting the image doesnt show any dug outs

Edited by Pans Jambo

chrisyboy7

The corners have been discussed to death on here. As far as I can remember it's likely it could be done however the cost involved would be huge. Something to do with the structure not allowing. I could be wrong though.

Work continuing today. Looks like sky lounge is going to have a glass roof?

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's not.

Hearts_fan

It's not.

And why not? I'd have thought an unobstructed view of rain clouds for 300 days of the year would have been a selling point? 

But seriously, it would be quite nice for the restaurant (if it wouldn't be splattered by bird sh** that is).

The cladding used at Grenfell Tower was not cheap.

Having seen a video on FB and the recent pictures I am a bit disappointed at how white the floor level glass panels are appearing in direct sunlight. Very similar to the artists impression we all argued over.

Glass is a difficult material however so the stand is going to appear different in many different lights.

Can't wait to see it lit up on winter evenings with internal lights v Europe's finest.

Does look a bit crap in certain lighting, but still miles better than the dilapidated old eyesore it has replaced.

Does look a bit crap in certain lighting, but still miles better than the dilapidated old eyesore it has replaced.

With respect Ray judge if it looks "crap" when it's fully complete.

J.T.F.Robertson

VSYJqwN.jpg

I haven't involved myself in the debate up to now, but PLEASE ....... tart up the Roseburn!

All roads lead to Gorgie

It also allows...em...punters to stand at the corner of the Wheatfield and Gorgie to stand and watch the injury time minutes before the mad rush to get oot !

Covering it would mean everyone would have to stay to the end !

Scenes !

I sometimes like to finish a pre-match pie there watching the team run out before casually wandering round to my seat.  :sunny: 

With respect Ray judge if it looks "crap" when it's fully complete.

Only in certain light - looks totally fine in some pics.

:thumbsup: