New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Westendjambo

http://new%20tynie%20pic1.jpg

My rather tame attempt at adding colour to the walls.

Mate. You are a genius. That looks mirrored.

MIRRORED INTERNAL SIDES (Dale carrick face)

It would almost look as if the corners were full. ****in yass

Edited by Westendjambo

Armageddon

Lookng at pics glass work slowing down abit?

Maybe for focus to increase work on inside now main stand gone?

Glass work is slowing down as it's a bit of a grey area .... :)

Jamboelite

Might be worth remembering that because of the road closure of McLeod street there won't be as many photos taken

Credit to those still doing so

Park and walk.... :-)

Is it fully opaque? Or translucent? (Thomaso?)

Opaque

Pool1_large.jpg

Since we cant get the corners filled in.. what about..

What about something like this inbetween the Gorgie and the Main stand>

We used to have something like that at the back of the shed. The water was heated too.....but had a yellowish tinge.

We used to have something like that at the back of the shed. The water was heated too.....but had a yellowish tinge.

Probably had all the vitamins from A-Z in it as well, practically a spa. :-)

Looking like Mr S. has been taking a short cut up McLeod street after picking up Berry from the airport to meet LD.

Never got down that way for a couple of reasons last week mate. Passed there yesterday with the intention of gettin a few pics but the roads now shut, so that's me oot of commission for a wee while.

It's one thing parking up to get a few pics...it's another thing parking on Gorgie Road and actually WALKING down McLeod Street :-)

Stephen Muddie

I walked down McLeod street yesterday. Didn't take any pics. Thought I'd just post about not taking pics instead

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Took some earlier, glazing at the front looking good in the Gorgie sunshine.

cd4b2e01f137dbbe577c854b198b6a42.jpg

From your photo, and those taken yesterday, there appears to be a shortage of cranes, as in, there's none to be seen in any of the photos. Anyone know if there's any still there, as they appeared to be using one when installing the glass, and none appears to have been fitted in the past few days? Did you see any there when you visited, Farin? Not suggesting there might be a problem, but it might be the case that we won't see much visible progress until the cranes return.

From your photo, and those taken yesterday, there appears to be a shortage of cranes, as in, there's none to be seen in any of the photos. Anyone know if there's any still there, as they appeared to be using one when installing the glass, and none appears to have been fitted in the past few days? Did you see any there when you visited, Farin? Not suggesting there might be a problem, but it might be the case that we won't see much visible progress until the cranes return.

Don't think they are using cranes for the glass installation. They got the cherry picker like thing, which you can see in farin's snap

I know the glass installation is well ahead of programme.

Would be suprised if cranes were being used to lift the glass into position. Would imagine there was a monorail on the terrace that would be used to lift the glass and the fixers would be on a scissor lift.

jamboinglasgow

Surprised with two months to go we still have not had the concrete sections, where the seats are attached to, added to the pitchside. Thought they would be on the top level by now.

Jamboelite

Wait a minute those pictures show that Sifter could still drive half way down the road before its shut off to get pics.......

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Don't think they are using cranes for the glass installation. They got the cherry picker like thing, which you can see in farin's snap

Just that I noticed when the windows were first starting to be installed that the glass was suspended from a crane and moved into position for the men on the cherry picker to then fit, held by what appeared to be suckers (or whatever the technical name might be). As it is, I've noticed in one of Outlander's photos that there is what appears to be a red crane off to the left of the stand, so there is, at least, one crane still operating. :2thumbsup: 

Jamboelite

interesting to see how they will lay the foundations for the seating areas. 

Same way they did the others some piling work I would have thought or do you mean the lifting of the concrete sections of seats ?

Same way they did the others some piling work I would have thought or do you mean the lifting of the concrete sections of seats ?

Lifting yes, not much space to work with now i presume without spilling out on to the pitch 

Edited by MacPhee

Just that I noticed when the windows were first starting to be installed that the glass was suspended from a crane and moved into position for the men on the cherry picker to then fit, held by what appeared to be suckers (or whatever the technical name might be). As it is, I've noticed in one of Outlander's photos that there is what appears to be a red crane off to the left of the stand, so there is, at least, one crane still operating. :2thumbsup:

That red "crane" is a concrete machine for pumping concrete to inaccessible areas of the site. I'd have just bought a load of wheelbarrows but I'm known for being a cheapskate [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sairyinthat

That red "crane" is a concrete machine for pumping concrete to inaccessible areas of the site. I'd have just bought a load of wheelbarrows but I'm known for being a cheapskate [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it is pumping the screed up to the floors,the kind of work Stuarts Granalithic does if they are still in business

AllyjamboDerbyshire

There's a a smaller 1 getting used to hoist stuff onto the floors & a 1 larger to hoist the glass into position for the guys to secure from the platform their working off.

Thanks for that, Farin, we can all look forward to watching more progress this week thanks to all you guys, kind enough to take the time to go along and to share your photos with us exiles.

Bazzas right boot

It looks quality. I hope we have a good window cleaner.

Gonnae sub contract it to JKB, Plenty slavers and allot of posters will lick it clean.

I think I've mentioned this before but the coverage from Heart on the stand has been piss poor. Thankfully members from here have been on the ball.

Wait a minute those pictures show that Sifter could still drive half way down the road before its shut off to get pics.......

Shit. Just noticed that masel :-)

I'll get doon the morn mate!!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Just looking through the images I took & found 1 of it & the mesh.

246af03544ef4e232a784eb9d1450871.jpg

d8c7130c3d1e9c11c6b185d1d8855b8d.jpg

No worries, I'll upload a couple of pitch side ones later ... [emoji1303]

Cheers, mate, I'll look forward to seeing the pics later. I can see the red crane, isn't a crane now, as was pointed out to me earlier. This long range building site watching is an ongoing learning process :)

RustyRightPeg

I think I've mentioned this before but the coverage from Heart on the stand has been piss poor. Thankfully members from here have been on the ball.

Not really. They've posted update videos on the progress.

I don't really know what else people would want to know? "That's another pane of glass in, let everybody know"

Jamborello

Couldn't agree more. I appreciate the club are busy with the business of getting the thing built, but the odd picture posted on the clubs twitter account every few weeks doesn't seem like much of an effort.

Couldn't agree more. I appreciate the club are busy with the business of getting the thing built, but the odd picture posted on the clubs twitter account every few weeks doesn't seem like much of an effort.

Errr, that's what they've been doing!

Bazzas right boot

See when the corners get filled in.

Best stadium in Scotland :sweeet:

Yip, should have just done it with the existing work......

Bazzas right boot

Not really. They've posted update videos on the progress.

I don't really know what else people would want to know? "That's another pane of glass in, let everybody know"

Nah that's overkill, just every 3rd pane of glass  will do and every 2nd piece  of concrete and when the time comes, every tenth seat. Reasonable.

norrie1952

I don't know about everybody else but I'm looking forward to the Newcastle game to see the new stand from the Wheatfield .Thanks to all who have taken the time and effort to let us see the photos.

jamboinglasgow

:laugh: Who cares.

You can see how much we wound them up by putting the shirt under the east stand. It was a bit of a laugh, but they are now determined to do it a hundred times more. They are broken.

Jamborello

Errr, that's what they've been doing!

That's my point, that's all they've been doing!