New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hearts_fan" data-cid="6099240" data-time="1498926097"><p>And why not? I'd have thought an unobstructed view of rain clouds for 300 days of the year would have been a selling point? The club would need to hand out sunglasses on sunny days.....

Edited by Thomaso

I understand that it will stay, but will have a clear protective flooring above it so you can walk over it/see it without walking on it.

Or maybe with a viewing area something like this. paphos-mosaic-56.jpg?imgmax=1600

Edited by JohnB

FarmerTweedy

Instead of that big gap in the bottom corner; can we not have it seated with a hydraulic lift like the section behind the goals?

It's supposed to allow access for, among other things, ambulances in emergencies, so access needs to be immediately available. I'm not sure how long it takes for the bit in the Gorgie Stand to be raised, but even if it took a matter of seconds, you'd need to clear everyone out of the seats first. In the best case scenario, you'd be looking at a couple of minutes to get it open, and that could, in an extreme case, quite literally be the difference between life and death. In addition, even if the mechanism was tested regularly and very well maintained, you'd never be able to be absolutely certain that it would work correctly when needed.

FarmerTweedy

Nice one. Ye that was me.

Its to show the tunnel access to the pitch at the bottom L/H corner.

Edit: interesting the image doesnt show any dug outs

I don't think there will be dugouts. The front rows of the centre section of the new stand will be where the subs, coaches, etc, sit. It's how modern stands tend to be these days.

Wonder how the writing TYNECASTLE PARK will be installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Individual back illuminated letters hung from the facade.

Disagreed with the poster who said we should remove the Hearts badges from the seats, however I do think that when the Roseburn seats are replaced we should get rid of them from there and the Gorgie, and just have them in the Main and Wheatfield. All maroon behind the goals.

Stephen Muddie

Nice one. Ye that was me.

Its to show the tunnel access to the pitch at the bottom L/H corner.

Edit: interesting the image doesnt show any dug outs

Doesn't show any seats either.

Maybe we're not getting any seats. Hopefully someone has PM'd Thomaso or emailed Ann

Why the road closure for three weeks?

Is this to do with the  main stand or is there something else going on nearby?

Pretty sure from a tour of Old Trafford a while back it had such an arrangement where seats above the players tunnel are on a hydraulic lift to allow bigger vehicles in when necessary. Can't imagine it's to difficult to ask 50 people to vacate their seats when there is an exceptional need to use the facility

Incredibly daft suggestion.

A 2 minute delay is a 2 minute delay. Touch wood it never happens, but if a player has a cardiac arrest on the pitch at Tynecastle, the ambulances need access as quickly as possible. Having to get people, potentially older supporters, to move to allow access is just not acceptable. A 2 minute delay could literally be the difference between life and death.

For the sake of 50, or even 100 seats, it really doesn't matter.

Is this to do with the main stand or is there something else going on nearby?

Services for the new stand

Watt-Zeefuik

Filling the corners is architecturally possible but too expensive for a club like Hearts.  Corner seats are low value so would never justify the ?3-5 million investment in refactoring the roof structures required and with the H&S concerns from the distillery we're capped in terms of seating capacity until someone forks out ?1-2m to move the large ethanol tanks directly behind the Roseburn.

BlackhallJambo

Incredibly daft suggestion.

A 2 minute delay is a 2 minute delay. Touch wood it never happens, but if a player has a cardiac arrest on the pitch at Tynecastle, the ambulances need access as quickly as possible. Having to get people, potentially older supporters, to move to allow access is just not acceptable. A 2 minute delay could literally be the difference between life and death.

For the sake of 50, or even 100 seats, it really doesn't matter.

With all due respect how can it be a "daft suggestion" when it is a reality at the biggest club stadium in the UK. As I pointed out earlier it isnt going to happen given the budgetary constraints at Hearts just highlighting that it can be done and is being done elsewhere. In any event I would imagine club doctors would be first responders to such an event, e.g Muamba, before ambulances were on the scene.

Is this to do with the main stand or is there something else going on nearby?

(Looks like) gas mains work on Gorgie Road. Just needed to close entrance to street.

That's Wheatfield Terrace though - you meant McLeod Street maybe

Edited by Mikey1874

davemclaren

(Looks like) gas mains work on Gorgie Road. Just needed to close entrance to street.

Thomaso said it was for services to the stadium.

That's Wheatfield Terrace though - you meant McLeod Street maybe

the sign in one of the pictures says sewer works

Having seen a video on FB and the recent pictures I am a bit disappointed at how white the floor level glass panels are appearing in direct sunlight. Very similar to the artists impression we all argued over.

Glass is a difficult material however so the stand is going to appear different in many different lights.

Can't wait to see it lit up on winter evenings with internal lights v Europe's finest.

I know what you mean about how light they look. I still think they don't look as white as in the image that came out, but they are light for sure.

I'm suspecting though that the overall composition once everything is in place will change the look completely, and I imagine the shade was carefully chosen to give maximum impact to stand entrance. For instance, when lights are on inside the building, the glass areas will presumably appear lighter too, and so I imagine all the glass frontage will look more similar than it does at present. I also reckon the contrast between the very light main glazed area, and the maroon ends / the plaza / the maroon trees, will all make for a fantastic contrast of light and dark both day and night. With a bit of subtle lighting, it could look quite special.

For an alternative view of glass panels that are shaded darker, have a look at the main entrance at White Hart Lane. I think on balance we'll be glad that the lighter shade is what we've ended up with.

Great pictures.

It's starting to look a lot like my high school :lol:

Good progress though! And it's a damn sight better than the old view from McLeod St, thought it would be sad to see it go but it looked shit compared to what we are getting.

When are they going to officially name the stand?

When the sponsor and the club deem it the right time....and I think that will be nearer mid August

Wonder how the writing TYNECASTLE PARK will be installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More than likely a couple of labourers on scaffold attaching rope to each letter and Hoisting it into place [emoji1] there the screwerinerer will drill it into place with red raw plugs and 32mm drywall screws and some sticks like shit adhesive

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

been here before

Just passed at 1 o'clock and someone's out taking snaps just now. Dont know who it is but their Mrs/significant other/life partner/lady friend is sitting waiting for them in a wee black hairdressers car.

zdrastvway

Just passed at 1 o'clock and someone's out taking snaps just now. Dont know who it is but their Mrs/significant other/life partner/lady friend is sitting waiting for them in a wee black hairdressers car.

She's maybe a hairdresser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well we know it's not Greenginger spying on us again at least. :2thumbsup: 

Jambos_1874

When the sponsor and the club deem it the right time....and I think that will be nearer mid August

So it is definitely going to be named after a sponsor?

the sign in one of the pictures says sewer works

Correct - to/from the new stand

The Natural Order

you mean wer'e to be sponsored by a sewage works outfit.

That's shite!

BelgeJambo

Is that when TESCO contribute the remaining funds!!!

Taxi

Hungry hippo

If a sponsor has already been agreed then the club have done well to keep it a secret as I've heard any genuine rumours.

Anyone know any wee black hairdressers?  

So it is definitely going to be named after a sponsor?

The club were in discussions with a couple of possibilities at the tail end of the season.

It has been kept very quiet up to now, that could be because discussions were not a success or because they want to make a splash.

I just would have thought that had there been no deal it might have been announced by now that we were not going to sponsor the stand

sandylejambo

Tesco must owe us big time for all the free publicity they get from Hearts fans, time to start paying us me thinks and it would look fantastic if their name was plastered all over the new stand, we could laugh all the way to our seats

Watt-Zeefuik

Tesco must owe us big time for all the free publicity they get from Hearts fans, time to start paying us me thinks and it would look fantastic if their name was plastered all over the new stand, we could laugh all the way to our seats

If we could talk them into a color change...

logo-flat-company.png

Westendjambo

More than likely a couple of labourers on scaffold attaching rope to each letter and Hoisting it into place [emoji1] there the screwerinerer will drill it into place with red raw plugs and 32mm drywall screws and some sticks like shit adhesive

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Made me laugh. Sorry

Edited by Westendjambo

Stephen Muddie

19598664_10154977455972917_3785849547867

19598629_10154977456247917_310716149191319601243_10154977457847917_606890354333619553885_10154977458277917_691067781303619601103_10154977458752917_839516516654519553915_10154977459252917_531815801748219642462_10154977460282917_363498992346319601084_10154977460967917_251956693531919642726_10154977463442917_7908074912428

Tonight !

Good pictures mate thanks.

It looks like we may be going for a shorter pitch by rotating it 90degrees. Think of all the space for our wingers though