New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Buffalo Bill

I assume from the pictures that in this drawing wall #3 is the old back wall of the old main?

#3 are the (new) steel columns that are currently sitting inches away from the old brick fa?ade (which is soon to be demolished).  

Fxxx the SPFL

Passed in a taxi , got the driver to slow down so I could have a look...

If it was Mr Sifter's taxi he would have stopped for you (but still kept the meter running) lol

fireeagle51

#3 are the (new) steel columns that are currently sitting inches away from the old brick fa?ade (which is soon to be demolished).

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate has just delivered a load of steel in the last wee while. He took a couple of decent photos, I'll try and get them on here later

My mate has just delivered a load of steel in the last wee while. He took a couple of decent photos, I'll try and get them on here later

Steal the photos of the steel

Demolition going to be interesting

Not really its a piece of p$?" in comparison to other demolitions.

I've been watching them demolish Porty High by taking out half floors and sections without the whole thing coming down which in itself is impressive so knocking down what in essence will be a giant wall from that side wont give them grief.

These boys know what they are doing.

It's where these beams are positioned on the plans.

fb035998683e6a229661c4691ec5aa8c.jpg

I thought that the beams were actually attached to the wall, didn't realise they are just right up to it.

The Natural Order

Just wait until some folk see the pink steel, the seethe will be epic. I bet at least one of the usual Kickback types has a breakdown over it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bill

Thanks for the update, DETTY29.

Another roof support truss in place. At the same pace, there should be a third one done by Thurs...or Friday.

Mars plastic

I thought that the beams were actually attached to the wall, didn't realise they are just right up to it.

300mm off to be precise. Well, not entirely as the old stand isn't plum.

Just passed Tynie. Not a great deal of progress today other than a fourth vertical curved beam goin up. Sorry for the crap quality of the pics...

ccc79a5a346b1f50b29b1d25f7a435d6.jpg

0bc16f25f3cdd56c881ddf67901f81aa.jpg

cf3ee32ec253509eb5c33bcc8b1b86e5.jpg

17ae1c05dfd13ea1d9ef10a15feb724f.jpg

Your photos are greatly appreciated by all of us.

Was expecting to see a wee bit more progress to be honest BB. I know it's somewhere on this thread, but do you know off hand how long it'll take to get the entire steel structure (pre main stand demolition) put up?

orchardmaroon

Brilliant to stand next to it and get a real feel for the size - will be great! If we can fill it!!

Was expecting to see a wee bit more progress to be honest BB. I know it's somewhere on this thread, but do you know off hand how long it'll take to get the entire steel structure (pre main stand demolition) put up?

•        B) The plan sees the erection of the structural steel and concrete behind the Main Stand commencing on 10th April, with a target for completion of the end of May 2017. Steel has now arrived on site and you will shortly see the building start to emerge.

fireeagle51

Steel structure to be completed by end of may

Buffalo Bill

Was expecting to see a wee bit more progress to be honest BB.

It seems to take two working days to complete a section at a time, going by the roof support trusses.

It might take longer than that once we get to the curvy fa?ade bit which will make the building even more 'deep'

new-hearts-tynecastle-stadium-building-x

Though I'm curious Mr.Sifter if you stood on your taxi bonnet to take those high enough over the fence? ;)

Though I'm curious Mr.Sifter if you stood on your taxi bonnet to take those high enough over the fence? ;)

more like the roof there was a council cherry picker outside when I was there but they would not let me use it to get photos

300mm off to be precise. Well, not entirely as the old stand isn't plum.

Makes sense. I had read somewhere that some off the old stand was being used in the new one, so just assumed that they were attached. Cheers.

Phil D. Corners

Makes sense. I had read somewhere that some off the old stand was being used in the new one, so just assumed that they were attached. Cheers.

I think it's just the foundations that's being used.

Work is moving on quickly, keep the pictures coming. Thanks.

Nah. Commandeered the bairns selfie stick a few weeks back though. Handy wee thing :-)

Amazing that they're able to keep the stand open for matches now. Well played Hearts. Great to see the stand taking shape.

Amazing to think that there are only two games left before the old stand is demolished, but great to see the progress on the new one, thanks to all who have posted pictures.

Amazing to think that there are only two games left before the old stand is demolished, but great to see the progress on the new one, thanks to all who have posted pictures.

And that we'll be sitting in or looking at the new one in less than 5 months.

Thanks Mr Sifter, kila and all the others for pictures and updates. Sitting at Dubai Airport enjoying seeing the progress.

Looking forward to the new stand taking shape.

I guess we won't get to see too much of the old stand coming down, other than pictures the club release.

Your first sentence is a wee bit contradictory considering your location is Dundee !

Wait, and the bit about "junkie squat" isn't? :lol:

Don't care about " junkeys in leith " .. the bit you said about some young dim apprentice is a cracker though . A wee bit derogatory toward young apprentices ..

and " wait " tartan paint !!! ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, away and get a life .

From Hearts twitter:

C9tfUIgXYAA4LzQ.jpg

Look at the quality of that pitch. Really improved the football on show.......... :curtain:

That pitch! Amazing that it's still in such good nick in April.

Not really.  We haven't made a tackle on it since it was laid....... :tiny: