New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Loving your work, Sifter.

Cheers BB. Tell you what I noticed today, there's no crane 'up' today. Dunno if they bring it down every night and it hadn't just been put up today yet, or whether progress might be curtailed a wee bit over the waster weekend? I did notice a couple of JCB's moving about behind the partition, so there are definitely bodies working there today...

Phil D. Corners

Cheers BB. Tell you what I noticed today, there's no crane 'up' today. Dunno if they bring it down every night and it hadn't just been put up today yet, or whether progress might be curtailed a wee bit over the waster weekend? I did notice a couple of JCB's moving about behind the partition, so there are definitely bodies working there today...

The crane left around 5:30pm yesterday. Could be away for the Easter break.

Edited by Phil D. Corners

Not much to report this morning. Looks like yesterday saw slow progress compared to the day before. Hopefully more progress today though...

8d918b0bb9e1e6e8c5d1a14a5831889d.jpg

ca6098cda8c7c559a32b026e606095a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These photos showing the mini truss shows that the roof of the new stand is almost flat, unlike the other stands, this allows for further rows of seats without the need to go too much further back. Sure this was mentioned ages ago.

One thing I noticed is that the Tynecastle Stadium sign with the big badge will need to come down soon, as they can only add one more section before it's in the way.

Still hope they put it above the Wheatfield Entrance.

davemclaren

One thing I noticed is that the Tynecastle Stadium sign with the big badge will need to come down soon, as they can only add one more section before it's in the way.

Good idea.

Would imagine the crane has to go back to its depot for refuel. etc. dont think it takes that long to set it up again.

Easter weekend - back on Tuesday

Phil D. Corners

Would imagine the crane has to go back to its depot for refuel. etc. dont think it takes that long to set it up again.

That and we save hire cost over the Easter weekend. I'm not sure if we need a bigger crane for when we assemble closer to the Roseburn end. Not sure how much space there is park a crane in that area and have room for material.

Dave McCreery's knee

I'd assume we'd need planning consent but haven't seen anything on that.

Only thing that was happening today was a guy painting over the graffiti! going to be a hell of a lot of layers on the hoarding by the time it comes down at this rate

Phil D. Corners

That's exactly what's happening. The lifting will start again next week. [emoji911]

86e89bafe011b813750f0955e7e9a43c.jpg

I must of just missed you.

The Treasurer

Easter weekend - back on Tuesday

Lazy bassa's !!  :veryangry2:

They should be working 24/7 , we have a deadline to meet

Appreciate the photos from yourself and anyone else who has shared. Might be prudent to watermark all future photos in case anyone tries to profit ! ;) Cheeers

Good idea, if they dump the keep the a from stadium and buy three new letters, p,r & k

davemclaren

Drove round after picking up a ticket for the match tonight. The new bit is further away from the flats than it seems in the photos.

Clark Griswold

That's exactly what's happening. The lifting will start again next week. [emoji911]

86e89bafe011b813750f0955e7e9a43c.jpg

No more erections for the long weekend guys  :behead:

Not much to report this morning. Looks like yesterday saw slow progress compared to the day before. Hopefully more progress today though...

Great to see these photos. I'm looking forward to getting round to check out progress myself later next week.

I really think we're going to be very impressed with the finished article. The upper section, with 27 rows, is more than the upper tier at Murrayfield's east stand, which has 25. It's going to look fabulous.

davemclaren

So you managed to persuade your wife to go after all, Dave?

Not quite but I got permission to go myself. Hopefully a good Friday for Hearts.

Excellent to see the construction going so well. I love these projects but obviously more when it's our stadium being completed.

I know projects like this are incredibly difficult to manage and put together but watching it from this side it's been beautifully seamless.

copa-mundial

Love the photos on here of the step by step progress. It's fantastic in my lifetime. I'll have been in the old and what will soon be the new tynecastle. Be great to see when it's all complete.

I know it's probably been said on this thread at some point. I do apologise if it has.

When the old stand does start being demolished.

Now we know we will be playing games at home during the summer months.

I'm guessing temporary dug outs are gonna be made by the wheatfield stand.

It's one thing I have never heard being spoke of. Obviously we know about temporary changing etc... under the stand.

Just never heard on dug outs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lincon Premier

It was seen rolling eggs down the crags this morning.

davemclaren

Love the photos on here of the step by step progress. It's fantastic in my lifetime. I'll have been in the old and what will soon be the new tynecastle. Be great to see when it's all complete.

I know it's probably been said on this thread at some point. I do apologise if it has.

When the old stand does start being demolished.

Now we know we will be playing games at home during the summer months.

I'm guessing temporary dug outs are gonna be made by the wheatfield stand.

It's one thing I have never heard being spoke of. Obviously we know about temporary changing etc... under the stand.

Just never heard on dug outs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I assume so, next to the new tunnel.

Not sure if this has been posted before, the surveying company has posted a YouTube video of the fabrication, construction and lifting of the new stand truss.

Great pictures

Which is what it is - a series of pictures

rudi must stay

Great pictures

Which is what it is - a series of pictures

Well done to them doing the truss, but it's a slog getting to the end of that video

Seymour M Hersh

Looking at the photos makes me wonder if the building is going to high enough. Obviously it will all fall into place but looking at partially completed construction often makes me wonder is that going to look like the artists impressions of the finished stand?

Looking at the photos makes me wonder if the building is going to high enough. Obviously it will all fall into place but looking at partially completed construction often makes me wonder is that going to look like the artists impressions of the finished stand?

davemclaren

It's as high as the council would let it be. Th main part of the stand will jut further back which will make it look more dramatic imo. We would need a lot more fundraising weeks to get a bigger one. :)

Why are they bothering to paint over the graffiti on the site walls? Seems like a complete waste of money.

Why are they bothering to paint over the graffiti on the site walls? Seems like a complete waste of money.

Keeping the site looking good

Keeping the site looking good

Does anyone actually care what the walls of the building site look like?

There's lots of interest in this project

Aside from Hearts the contractors want to promote this. For future business.

It does matter.

Plus nicer for the locals and there is a school opposite.

Edited by Mikey1874

J.T.F.Robertson

A very quiet weekend onsite.

We've obviously ran out of dosh and planning permission has officially been rejected. :(

Ibrahim Tall

It's the right thing to do from a cash side as much as anything tbh. Keeping it there would encourage more which can then lead to other vandalism in general. Better off to take care of it before it becomes an issue, not like a tub of paint costs a fortune.

Elias Henry Furst

It's a couple of tins of paint that'll be painted by a site labourer.

If I were site manager, they'd be getting painted every single time they were vandalised.

It's about maintaining standards.

It will be some young daftie apprentice that will have the job of doing it. Probably after spending 2 hours a day looking for a tin of tartan paint :lol:

It keeps the site looking professional and not like some junkie squat down in Leith.

Bazzas right boot

It's a couple of tins of paint that'll be painted by a site labourer.

If I were site manager, they'd be getting painted every single time they were vandalised.

It's about maintaining standards.

Either that or invite some Street artists down to do a Hearts thing across the whole thing.left to right from birth to now. All the highlights. Would be smart.

Probably just encourage some hibs ramjet to vandalise further tho.

It will be some young daftie apprentice that will have the job of doing it. Probably after spending 2 hours a day looking for a tin of tartan paint :lol:

It keeps the site looking professional and not like some junkie squat down in Leith.

Your first sentence is a wee bit contradictory considering your location is Dundee !

jamboinglasgow

passed it earlier today. Looking good but also get a sense how long it will be. Also dont think the photos get across the angle that the struts that will form the roof are. They look a lot more flatter on the photos.

Watt-Zeefuik

They are at quite an acute angle, hard to show that from the ground looking up tbh but the plans do.

632d7c6b87923ff907e7c00d1bea75b6.jpg

I assume from the pictures that in this drawing wall #3 is the old back wall of the old main?

Your first sentence is a wee bit contradictory considering your location is Dundee !

Nothing wrong with Dundee, few of us get the train down every match day