New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Would love to see us do something similar to this somewhere on the outside walls, maybe round the side of the shop or even on the tenement wall.

arsenal-legends-victory-comes-harmony-22

Willie Bauld, Dave MacKay, John Robertson, Rudi Skacel, Oshaniwa etc 

Made me chortle, thanks!

If we do go down the 'more crests' routes, hopefully they are miles better than the current ones, and the current one'sare redesigned and updates.

Within whatever restrictions we have.

Think I'd still prefer all maroon seats, with a lot of the grey steel work on the inside of the stands painted maroon too.  Then use some form of modern lighting being used for backgrounds etc when required.

If we do go down the 'more crests' routes, hopefully they are miles better than the current ones, and the current one'sare redesigned and updates.

Within whatever restrictions we have.

Think I'd still prefer all maroon seats, with a lot of the grey steel work on the inside of the stands painted maroon too.  Then use some form of modern lighting being used for backgrounds etc when required.

Came on here to post the exact same. Need to be proper heart shapes rather than the shape of a wolf's face

Would love to see us do something similar to this somewhere on the outside walls, maybe round the side of the shop or even on the tenement wall.

arsenal-legends-victory-comes-harmony-22

Willie Bauld, Dave MacKay, John Robertson, Rudi Skacel, Oshaniwa etc

Could we not somehow try to use the big flag. There must be a way that we could hang it somewhere permanent. Like the gable wall of the flats at Tynie arms

Lucille's Thirsty

I wonder what they've got in mind for the seats - maroon with pixelated badges or maybe TYNECASTLE PARK spelled out in white?

Edit

Preferably nothing like this..

deepdale-preston-north-end-fc-tom-finney

I would love to see all the seats around the ground replaced with new maroon ones and kept like that I've always liked the plain look 20,000 maroon seats would look marvellous maybe some sort of sponsor on the main stand but I'm afraid to say those pixalted badges on the other three stands make the seats a little cheap and gimmicky.

Can't wait to see all of our ground tarted up like a babe with hopefully the football on the pitch just as good the whole football side needs a kick in the backside.

HHGH.

Fulham has always reminded me a bit of Tynie when I have been.

The Leitch stand is part of it I guess.

Edited by Jammy T

Noticed last time at Firhill that they have a large wall painted with Thistle murals etc outside the stadium.

Thought it looked half decent tbh

fireeagle51

Noticed last time at Firhill that they have a large wall painted with Thistle murals etc outside the stadium.

ST mirren recently had one done as well. Think it looks really good and would look really nice if we got one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

ST mirren recently had one done as well. Think it looks really good and would look really nice if we got one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are getting one on the tenement wall.. It's been communicated previously, some 3D artist commissioned to do it if I remember correctly

Hackney Hearts

This one?

1513811_964740676878329_1243887278742701

What's the point in replacing seats in the Roseburn?

Hibs and the old firm will just smash them again.

And they'll foot the bill to replace any new seats they damage.

Hopefully half the Roseburn will still be Hearts fans...

And then pay for their replacement as they always have?

The currents seats aren't damaged by away fans, they have been bleached by the sun.

Different Class

:facepalm:

Just taken these. They show that although there's been no real progress on the pitchside side of the frame, they've obviously been building out the way towards McLeod Street...

7d182a35fdfe00a38de928bc9ef6da63.jpg

46b31667e97a3a4d97ebd20968f1e3bd.jpg

6f3de50a6f58645c3d8dd1272616cb88.jpg

Never really considered in what way exactly they'd put the frame up. Suppose I thought they'd build right along the pitch side first, then out towards McLeod Street. Obviously that's not the case though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mr Sifter

jambos are go!

Drove past today. Not an expert but it looks like they have completed the infrastructure skeleton for a section and it will be onto starting the next section from the foundations. Looks like there will be 5 or 6 sections. Might be wrong.

Buffalo Bill

Great photos again, Mr Sifter.

The new steel up on top top is the start of the 3rd floor terraced restaurant/hospitality suite/glass box. 

Captain Bubblebeard

Just realised that I log onto this thread every two or three days, love seeing the picture updates of the progress but haven't once thanked the contributors so thanks Mr Sifter, Farin and the others! A grown man shouldn't spend so much time looking at pictures of a building site that has changed ever so slightly since two days prior, especially when I see it in the flesh every couple of weeks, but it is addictive! (And the other threads are hardly a barrel of laughs at the moment!)

And then pay for their replacement as they always have?

The currents seats aren't damaged by away fans, they have been bleached by the sun.

All we need to do is refurbish the seats in the Roseburn then to protect the seats from the sun again

fit 5 or 10 advertising sheet just like the one that is there that separates the away fans from the home fans.

Of course the advertisers would pay for them and it would be great for them and Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

All we need to do is refurbish the seats in the Roseburn then to protect the seats from the sun again

fit 5 or 10 advertising sheet just like the one that is there that separates the away fans from the home fans.

Of course the advertisers would pay for them and it would be great for them and Hearts.

You can get sun bleaching-resistant seats now.

Wonder if Partick will ever finish building the wall so the mural can be finished? ;)

As long as the Mexicans are paying.

Still convinced we've replaced broken seats with old seats we've had lying about, probably stacked up under the Roseburn or something. I mean, if the discolouration was down to bleaching from the sun, it would affect every seat. But it hasn't. There are intermittent crappy seats dotted all over that stand, why would one seat bleach whilst the one next to it remain fine?

I think we've been canny in the past and billed other clubs for new seats whilst stickin auld battered efforts in as replacements. Like other have said, I'd like to see us kit out that stand with new 'anti bleach' seats, and if they're damaged, bill the offending club and replace them with more brand new 'anti bleach' seats.

Anyway...why haven't we heard more aboot these screens we were promised. That was the part of the development that excites me the most ffs!!

Edited by Mr Sifter

Progress really picking up. A brief timeline (using pictures folk posted here):

12th April

image.jpg

(Easter weekend meant Fri/Mon had no progress)

18th April

image.jpg

19th April

image.jpg

21st April

image.png

Edited by kila

Drove past today. Not an expert but it looks like they have completed the infrastructure skeleton for a section and it will be onto starting the next section from the foundations. Looks like there will be 5 or 6 sections. Might be wrong.

That makes sense I suppose. Complete sections 1,2,5 and 6, leaving a big gap to get machinery/debris in and out of the main stand demolition before then completing sections 3 and 4.

Just an idea...could be wrong tho (again).

Mars plastic

That makes sense I suppose. Complete sections 1,2,5 and 6, leaving a big gap to get machinery/debris in and out of the main stand demolition before then completing sections 3 and 4.

Just an idea...could be wrong tho (again).

The structure will be built along as far as it can be then the stand will be getting demolished side on.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

At first look at Kila's timeline, I thought not much has been done today, then realised there's actually quite a lot been done to what will be behind the stand. You can even see that they have started to form the curve of the facade.

Great peice of work, Kila.

Just a big meccano set for the steel fixers just now. Still time consuming with safety processes lifting all the steel into place.

Done a grand job so far though. Throwing it in.

The structure will be built along as far as it can be then the stand will be getting demolished side on.

Ahh ok. So I was wrong again ffs...

maroonlegions

They might smash them but they will have to pay fir them.. fools. 

Still convinced we've replaced broken seats with old seats we've had lying about, probably stacked up under the Roseburn or something. I mean, if the discolouration was down to bleaching from the sun, it would affect every seat. But it hasn't. There are intermittent crappy seats dotted all over that stand, why would one seat bleach whilst the one next to it remain fine?

I think we've been canny in the past and billed other clubs for new seats whilst stickin auld battered efforts in as replacements. Like other have said, I'd like to see us kit out that stand with new 'anti bleach' seats, and if they're damaged, bill the offending club and replace them with more brand new 'anti bleach' seats.

Anyway...why haven't we heard more aboot these screens we were promised. That was the part of the development that excites me the most ffs!!

I have a theory, it's not the sun, it's farting that's the problem, some folk have stronger/toxic farts than others, global problem, fact. :tiny:

This is spot on knowledge and exactly the way we are going to demolish.

This is spot on knowledge and exactly the way we are going to demolish.

are you and the plastic wrapper joined at the hip? :tiny:

are you and the plastic wrapper joined at the hip? :tiny:

Na. I have just heard the same info. Edited by Cesny

Whilst I'm sure things have moved on in terms of bleach resistant seats, I was at the stadium of light last season and most of their Red seats seemed to have been bleached quite badly. I agree that the Roseburn does need the seats doing though, as it will look even worse when the new stand is finished.

Thanks again for the pictures Sifter & Kila.

This is the best thing going on about Hearts at the moment. I pass it on the train and seeing the crane every day is unreal.

Those heading to Wester Hailes Currie etc will get a much better view of it than me going to Glasgow.

Edited by Cesny

alex young hero

I hope the club are not paying for a progress manager on this job,because if they are he will be covering the job while lying in his bed,all he needs to to do is log on to kickback easy money.

station_jambo

Would be great to get the guy who done the drone video to go down again (if he can) and get a perspective from above again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwaysthereinspirit

I want to stop coming on here for a few weeks at a time just so the progress seems quicker. I cant though. I love seeing the daily updates. Thanks again to everyone posting photos.

Buffalo Bill

You can even see that they have started to form the curve of the facade.

So they have. Never noticed that until you mentioned it. Good spot.

davemclaren

This is the best thing going on about Hearts at the moment. I pass it on the train and seeing the crane every day is unreal.

Those heading to Wester Hailes Currie etc will get a much better view of it than me going to Glasgow.

Tried to get a look on the Tweedbank train today but too much foliage. :(

jamboinglasgow

I agree. I remember Ann saying at the consulation meeting that they expected it to be up in 11 months. That would have been now. I am sure someone has said around the time the pitch was changed that because they had to pay for a new pitch early (and its not big change to the pitch yet) that it has pushed the screens back to a later date as they have to wait for the money.

Great photos and you have my thanks for doing that. Nothing better then coming home from work and seeing the change each day. 

I have been keeping all the photos people put up so there is a continous record of the work. Its great to see the change when you compare week to week and even a different stages, But I was looking at your photos today and comparing it with one from the 13th of April. And I was thinking the new structure is already huge with all the extended work back. Then the one from the 13th was taken from a distance so you got almost the whole of the current main stand, and suddenly hit me that what has been completed so far. There are on the top level of the main stand, 14 metal boards (which presumely were where windows used to be but are now block up.) Now the new main stand wont be quite as long as the main stand. Now the structure is only currently over 4 of them. So if it is looking huge already and thats not even a third of it done, imagine how huge it will look when completed.

Also great to see the top floor coming through as well, and the side on view shows how big the area under the stands for all levels will be.