New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Good photos Sifter, nice clean lens ;)

Next home game is 2 weeks on Sat, I imagine a lot of the frame will be up by then. Great to see daily progress.

North Berwick Jambo

Small progress being made. Just watched two horizontal steel beams being attached to the frame, they're now hoisting up another vertical curved beam to put it in place...

83398f30c7fe5ace0f98c1f866e269fe.jpg

55e0eb81c35f5f851e4f998b1a9488b7.jpg

44f1a817e6bf2fdcb2f5f633f1a9422e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, good pictures ;)

Once all the intermediate roof trusses are in place we will get a much better idea of scale from inside the stadium.

Edited by Thomaso

highlandjambo3

Small progress being made. Just watched two horizontal steel beams being attached to the frame, they're now hoisting up another vertical curved beam to put it in place...

83398f30c7fe5ace0f98c1f866e269fe.jpg

55e0eb81c35f5f851e4f998b1a9488b7.jpg

44f1a817e6bf2fdcb2f5f633f1a9422e.jpg

WTF is going on..................I can only see 1 workie.............GGrrr................ :veryangry2:  :veryangry2: :veryangry2:  

alwaysthereinspirit

WTF is going on..................I can only see 1 workie.............GGrrr................ :veryangry2:  :veryangry2: :veryangry2:

Until the season ticket money kicks in, that's all we can afford. And he's only here till lunch. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

rudi must stay

Until the season ticket money kicks in, that's all we can afford. And he's only here till lunch. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Luckily it's the chap that presents grand designs though

If it all went tits-up we could always get DIY SOS the Big Build in.  Anybody any good at writing begging letters(not Moffat)?

Bad Religion

Was round earlier for a site meeting. All coming along very nicely.

How many pies will be on display in the new kiosks?

Are parts of the back sections of the roof going on ahead of the start of the removal of the old roof?

Once all the intermediate roof trusses are in place we will get a much better idea of scale from inside the stadium.

Small progress being made. Just watched two horizontal steel beams being attached to the frame, they're now hoisting up another vertical curved beam to put it in place...83398f30c7fe5ace0f98c1f866e269fe.jpg55e0eb81c35f5f851e4f998b1a9488b7.jpg44f1a817e6bf2fdcb2f5f633f1a9422e.jpg

The steel brackets for the rows of seats shows how far back the last row will be seated. Bigger than I imagined.

The steel brackets for the rows of seats shows how far back the last row will be seated. Bigger than I imagined.

Seems similar distance from pitch to say South Stand at Hampden

Seems similar distance from pitch to say South Stand at Hampden

No offence but not sure how you can possibly reach that opinion from very limited photos of part built steelwork TBH.

No offence but not sure how you can possibly reach that opinion from very limited photos of part built steelwork TBH.

No offence taken

So seats aren't any further back?

Mars plastic

They'll be the same height and distance from the pitch as the seats in the wheatfield.

Hackney Hearts

They'll be the same height and distance from the pitch as the seats in the wheatfield.

So how come it'll hold 1,300 more seats than the Wheatfield? If it's the same length, width and height, surely the number of seats would be similar? (unless they're really tiny seats)

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Buffalo Bill

So how come it'll hold 1,300 more seats than the Wheatfield? If it's the same length, width and height, surely the number of seats would be similar? (unless they're really tiny seats)

It's not as steep an angle as the Wheatfield so even with the extra seven rows, the new stand is of a similar height, although the back row will be slightly higher than the Wheatfield back row, and you can tell this from the design of the roof truss that was installed yesterday.

The Natural Order

I think the back row is only slightly higher and further back than the Wheatfield. It's the shallower rise and the roof being a bit less slopped that gives you extra rows without adding to the height of the stand. The depth is about the depth of the lower Gorgie/Roseburn more.

Hackney Hearts

It's not as steep an angle as the Wheatfield so even with the extra seven rows, the new stand is of a similar height, although the back row will be slightly higher than the Wheatfield back row, and you can tell this from the design of the roof truss that was installed yesterday.

I was replying to mp who was saying the back row seats would be the same distance from the pitch as the Wheatfield back row - which is clearly not the case (the seven extra rows have to go somewhere!).

I agree the height must be dictated more or less by the matching truss (and planning constraint). 

FarmerTweedy

They'll definitely further back, and I think also slightly higher.

Mars plastic

They'll definitely further back, and I think also slightly higher.

The height is governed by the truss, which is the same height as all the others.

kingantti1874

The height is governed by the truss, which is the same height as all the others.

The gradient is less steep thus the seats are further back from the pitch, this will accommodate the increase in capacity .

The current three stands are not the same height, with the roofs sloping at different angles from the truss. Gorgie is the lowest because of the flat proximity (so has less rows).

Forgive my naivety, but what I'm wondering is how they'll clear rubble and debris away when the current stand is demolished? Doesn't look like there's a lot of room for trucks to manoeuvre in and out to collect rubbish.

Unknown user

Forgive my naivety, but what I'm wondering is how they'll clear rubble and debris away when the current stand is demolished? Doesn't look like there's a lot of room for trucks to manoeuvre in and out to collect rubbish.

Looks like plenty of room to me, it's only a few weeks till demolition starts and everything won't be closed out by then. Worst case scenario, loads of jambos with wheelbarrows!

Mars plastic

Funnily enough, I was told how we are going to demolish the main stand this morning.

Funnily enough, I was told how we are going to demolish the main stand this morning.

Was it via a neutron bomb where everything would be vapourised? Or not.

kingantti1874

. They will get in pitch side and use the emergency access.. no probs

Francis Albert

Was it via a neutron bomb where everything would be vapourised? Or not.

I think neutron bombs kill everyone but leave the buildings intact. So I'd guess not.

Bazzas right boot

I think neutron bombs kill everyone but leave the buildings intact. So I'd guess not.

Thats not what jimmy says

fireeagle51

Are Hearts ever going to give us some more action from the time lapse camera?

I was disappointed that they never made a timelapse of the old shop and offices being demolished

jimmy the jambo

I was disappointed that they never made a timelapse of the old shop and offices being demolished

Knowing that we occasionally get fleeced for a wee bit of money,it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this (time lapse) came out on dvd & can only be bought from the club store for a mere ?20 or ?40 and you get a brick from the old stand.

Are Hearts ever going to give us some more action from the time lapse camera?

A days worth of work has been done. Jesus Christ.

Hate to admit it Francis but there have been days during my 60 years as a supporter when that option would have seemed quite attractive.

Not much to report this morning. Looks like yesterday saw slow progress compared to the day before. Hopefully more progress today though...

8d918b0bb9e1e6e8c5d1a14a5831889d.jpg

ca6098cda8c7c559a32b026e606095a7.jpg