New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Buffalo Bill

Where can you see that?

image.png

The steel on the far left. You can see it's the start of the curve, at and angle and slightly detached from the main framework.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

image.png

The steel on the far left. You can see it's the start of the curve, at and angle and slightly detached from the main framework.

So it is.

You can tell by the cross beams lower down the frame not being level with each other.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

It's gonna be even huger when you guys lucky enough to be able to attend the next two matches go along! Probably be a bigger attraction than the game, itself, actually

Unknown user

What type of 'grand' did you have in mind?

I don't have any expectations at all chief, but you're telling us "Wait till you see how grand it is!"

Tried to get a look on the Tweedbank train today but too much foliage. :(

Age is a terrible thing.

Time for new glasses David.

portobellojambo1

Just taken these. They show that although there's been no real progress on the pitchside side of the frame, they've obviously been building out the way towards McLeod Street...

7d182a35fdfe00a38de928bc9ef6da63.jpg

46b31667e97a3a4d97ebd20968f1e3bd.jpg

6f3de50a6f58645c3d8dd1272616cb88.jpg

Never really considered in what way exactly they'd put the frame up. Suppose I thought they'd build right along the pitch side first, then out towards McLeod Street. Obviously that's not the case though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be way off the mark Mr Sifter but I got the impression the last thing they would deal with would be the side actually facing the playing surface. I'm not sure how it was done at Liverpool, but in our case it is a whole brand new front end that is going in, on which the seats will then be installed. I have it in my mind that the front section will be constructed off site, and then possibly be brought onto site and dropped (not from a great height) into place in sections, or something along those lines. I could be talking , oops writing absolute pish mind you.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I could be way off the mark Mr Sifter but I got the impression the last thing they would deal with would be the side actually facing the playing surface. I'm not sure how it was done at Liverpool, but in our case it is a whole brand new front end that is going in, on which the seats will then be installed. I have it in my mind that the front section will be constructed off site, and then possibly be brought onto site and dropped (not from a great height) into place in sections, or something along those lines. I could be talking , oops writing absolute pish mind you.

Perhaps.

But either way you can see how quick the sections go in once foundations have been poured/piling etc.

It's maybe the case that this will be the delay (foundations and piling) in finalising the front steel sections taking us into June or so.

Edited by Craigieboy

Unknown user

The front side is made up of relatively small prefab concrete sections dropped into place as you say. You'll get a good idea of it from the photos of the wheatfield being built from earlier in the thread.

Radio Ga Ga

Keep the photos coming guys, I'm saving them and when everything is complete I'll create a montage (is that the word?) showing the build from start to completion

From what I'd read previously we are using some of the existing steel frame from the main stand, as despite its age it is still in good condition, and is at the same height as the concourse level, so hopefully no more foundations to be put in place?

I heard this a while ago so these plans may have changed, can any of the itk guys confirm?

Mars plastic

From what I'd read previously we are using some of the existing steel frame from the main stand, as despite its age it is still in good condition, and is at the same height as the concourse level, so hopefully no more foundations to be put in place?

I heard this a while ago so these plans may have changed, can any of the itk guys confirm?

I'm on site next week. I'll speak to one of my many contacts and confirm.

jamtartan74

Doesn't take long to drop the prefab's in & bolt them into place, fastening the seats is the tedious business tbh. [emoji1]. All 3 stands were done the same way..

2bb2bc33631f421d6c0540bf7d2c54d7.jpg

brilliant pic, brings back memories of being a young teenager and visiting my grandparents in Balgreen I would walk to Gorgie and actually be able to get on site when the stands were getting built, no h&s back then tut tut.

:Aye:

It is someone who is staying at the club for the forseeable so I look forward to hearing updates on all things Hearts over the summer months.

Mars plastic

It is someone who is staying at the club for the forseeable so I look forward to hearing updates on all things Hearts over the summer months.

Gaun yersel, Cesny.

Take it you're on board for Ibrox?

jamtartan74

We lived in Gorgie during the builds & I went in most days to watch & take 35mm pics back then. Used to see dugs running about on the pitch too. Happy days. [emoji1]

0960b972fc917944ae84205b69dd620d.jpg

it was great, I was about 13/14 and always remember being surprised how easy it was to go inside the ground during construction without being told off by security or anyone for that matter, could literally get on the pitch and walk around the half built stands no problem, great memories.

Wrong on both counts, sahn!!

No I'm not. I can spot bullshit from a distance. Keep chatting to your various other accounts on here though pal.

Doesn't take long to drop the prefab's in & bolt them into place, fastening the seats is the tedious business tbh. [emoji1]. All 3 stands were done the same way..

That brings back brilliant memories. I remember queueing up for the first game after the Wheatfield opened and starting up in awe of this wonderous stand as we approached it walking along behind the goal at the school end. 

We're really not going to be disappointed by the the new stand.

Mars plastic

No I'm not. I can spot bullshit from a distance. Keep chatting to your various other accounts on here though pal.

Evidently, you don't have the faintest idea as there's not a single bit of that post I've quoted that's true.

Evidently, you don't have the faintest idea as there's not a single bit of that post I've quoted that's true.

If you are so well connected please tell me how you didn't know what hospitality packages are currently being offered from the club? Or how you thought the new stand would be the same size and distance from the pitch as the Wheatfield?

You make up little stories to make yourself interesting to yourself.

Mars plastic

If you are so well connected please tell me how you didn't know what hospitality packages are currently being offered from the club? Or how you thought the new stand would be the same size and distance from the pitch as the Wheatfield?

You make up little stories to make yourself interesting to yourself.

I don't work for the club, sonny jim. Consequently, I wouldn't be privy to that info before anyone else and certainly wouldn't expect to be.

I don't work for the club, sonny jim. Consequently, I wouldn't be privy to that info before anyone else and certainly wouldn't expect to be.

But you quoted the second part as fact earlier in this thread. I'm also surprised that such a wealthy man as yourself wouldn't know what hospitality packages the club offered. You are after all a self proclaimed PHM.

Mars plastic

But you quoted the second part as fact earlier in this thread. I'm also surprised that such a wealthy man as yourself wouldn't know what hospitality packages the club offered. You are after all a self proclaimed PHM.

The stand will be the same height internally. It was remiss of me to say it was the same size, capacity wise.

I'll know what the deals for the hospitality are when they're released. Then I can wave at you from my Dominion style padded seat in the centre of the new stand having just been fed and watered.

Crackin pic, which seems to illustrate a real camber in the pitch which I'd never noticed before...or perhaps it's just the picture? In fact I'd always assumed that any camber would run down towards the sidelines, but that pic suggests a camber running down towards each goalmouth?

I got on at Edinburgh Gateway. I don't look for Easter Road. :whistling:

Makes sense. I was thinking you were getting on at Waverley like myself. Must be quite a trek for you. Is it Tweedbank you go to?

Bad Religion

Mars deals with the pie ovens. He's involved with pies. Pies, that's all. Pies.

Edited by Bad Religion

jambo-rocker

I've literally been covering the left side of the picture and imagining that it's the main stand being built at that stage for last ten minutes and it's great.

I've literally been covering the left side of the picture and imagining that it's the main stand being built at that stage for last ten minutes and it's great.

Defintiely worth someones time to try and photoshop the roseburn over the Church.

Mars deals with the pie ovens. He's involved with pies. Pies, that's all. Pies.

A good army marches on it's stomach !

:waiting:  :waiting:

He knew all about the Celtic Park hospitality packages though.

Anyway back on topic its great being able to follow the progress with these pictures. Thanks to all involved.

Mars plastic

He knew all about the Celtic Park hospitality packages though.

Anyway back on topic its great being able to follow the progress with these pictures. Thanks to all involved.

That's because my mate has a corporate season ticket.

Wonder if the new roof will have more transparent segments? They should try and make more of the other stands roofs like that if it isn't too expensive.

johnking123

Wonder if the new roof will have more transparent segments? They should try and make more of the other stands roofs like that if it isn't too expensive.

Think they said it would have solar panels

We lived in Gorgie during the builds & I went in most days to watch & take 35mm pics back then. Used to see dugs running about on the pitch too. Happy days. [emoji1]

0960b972fc917944ae84205b69dd620d.jpg

It's amazing how small the ground looks without the stands.