New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The pic from the wheatfield gives you a good idea of how the final thing might look. Will be even easier to picture once they finish the steelwork along the entire stand.

RIP Castle View.

and " wait " tartan paint !!! ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, away and get a life .

Ach away ye go, don't be so easily offended by nothing ffs.

brownkg, on 18 Apr 2017 - 4:04 PM, said:

Big Heart going

DSCF2334.jpg

going

DSCF2335.jpg

Did someone on here not mention they were getting that?

Dallas Green

Drove past at about 11 today. It's incredible how big it is, photo's don't do justice to the size of it.

Amazing to think that there are only two games left before the old stand is demolished, but great to see the progress on the new one, thanks to all who have posted pictures.

That's occurred to me, too.  Two more sits to go... ...and careful how you type that.

That's occurred to me, too.  Two more sits to go... ...and careful how you type that.

I think I might get a seat in the old stand for the last game.

North Berwick Jambo

Work progressing well.

bfe361ea217f8358ce24911f3b10b77a.jpg

Delivery of purlin's today also.

118c62f3323ebe77f00e68b892e2286a.jpg

Thanks for the pics ;)

John Findlay

Drove past at about 11 today. It's incredible how big it is, photo's don't do justice to the size of it.

Ive had quite a few women say that to me:-0)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ive had quite a few women say that to me:-0)

Habit of photographing it ? :vrwow:  :tiny: 

J.T.F.Robertson

The pic from the wheatfield gives you a good idea of how the final thing might look. Will be even easier to picture once they finish the steelwork along the entire stand.

RIP Castle View.

And Arfur's Seat. :(

All roads lead to Gorgie

And Arfur's Seat. :(

I'm sure Arfur will be buying a seat in the new stand though so you will still see it. :sunny: 

RIP Castle View.

It's easy to picture now. Just look at the Wheatfield stand and imagine an extra 8 rows.

Footballfirst, on 19 Apr 2017 - 5:57 PM, said:Footballfirst, on 19 Apr 2017 - 5:57 PM, said:

From Twitter

C9ylGIIXUAA0Ppq.jpg

Even the sky is starting to turn maroon :tiny:

Maroon sky at night

New stand delight

Edited by hearts007

It's huge, totally dwarfs the current main.

In 3 weeks time, it'll look very different.

It will also look much larger - a huge amount of steelwork still to go in to the corporate and office areas to the frontage

Edited by Thomaso

John Findlay

Obviously referring to your head.

Naturally. When one is an arrogant *******. A big head is a given.

Even with the assistance of autoCad software, it's mighty impressive what these professionals can knock together. Millimeter precision and clever orchestrated assembly, I'm always amazed at their capabilities. No artists impression can prepare the hordes for what's yet to be unveiled.

HHGH!

Couple more from today. [emoji4]f18211e576a6b98edff1034956a351bf.jpgc45147c25ee093a3e98d4c68f9191c32.jpgf43026ba7ef8f9a722169b7533ab3f38.jpg

Photos are fantastic . Really appreciate what your doing for us that live away from Gorgie.

The photo of the lad in the cherry picker in the steelwork is a classic would love that framed

Cheers

Edited by scabber

I took a few with him in the frame, really gives an idea of scale & perspective with him in the image. [emoji1303] 75d273301ddd623ee7b6a86dc271011e.jpg

Another great photo looks like the lads climbing the jib of the crane

Edited by scabber

Is the roof at a slightly more acute angle than the Wheatfield? It looks like it but hard to tell on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the roof at a slightly more acute angle than the Wheatfield? It looks like it but hard to tell on the phone.

The roof will have far less of a slope on it than the Wheatfield - this is what is allowing the extra 8 rows to be added while maintaining the same height as the other stands.

Edited by Ray Gin

kaptainkevman

I've counted 12 rows visible from previous pictures. How many rows is the new stand gonnae have. 35??

The roof will have far less of a slope on it than the Wheatfield - this is what is allowing the extra 8 rows to be added while maintaining the same height as the other stands.

Wonder if the amount of rows and capacity were final or if there's been wriggle room for more. Anyway, 37 going by the planning designs, but looks like there's only 12 rows in the frame piece they've assembled so far compared to 13 in the initial design.

image.pngimage.png

Wonder if the amount of rows and capacity were final or if there's been wriggle room for more. Anyway, 37 going by the planning designs, but looks like there's only 12 rows in the frame piece they've assembled so far compared to 13 in the initial design.

image.pngimage.png

I count 12 row on the plans and 12 rows on the steelwork

The Natural Order

I count 12 row on the plans and 12 rows on the steelwork

Correct.

From Twitter

C9ylGIIXUAA0Ppq.jpg

Great picture.

I notice the big crane is not there! Does it head back to it bed every night or is it just out of shot?

Great picture.

I notice the big crane is not there! Does it head back to it bed every night or is it just out of shot?

I think a crane that size may have to go back to its depot most nights to refuel Edited by scabber

Cut The Crap

From Twitter

C9ylGIIXUAA0Ppq.jpg

I see they've rescued the crest but left the lettering behind.

Hope for those who disliked the change to "Stadium" 20 years ago?

I think a crane that size may have to go back to its depot most nights to refuel

I would assume it would be easier to bring the fuel to the crane. There must be a lot of time wasted driving it to and from.

(Rubbish tactic's Cathro Ou................. :laugh4: )

Rudi Hates Hibees

I think a crane that size may have to go back to its depot most nights to refuel

Most cranes that size have 2 engines. 1 for driving to and from sites and 1 for the crane part, lifting and moving loads. I'm pretty sure they can use red diesel in the crane engine, so I'd imagine there's on site refuelling.

Edited by Rudi Hates Hibees

Most cranes that size have 2 engines. 1 for driving to and from sites and 1 for the crane part, lifting and moving loads.

You learn something new about cranes every day lol Edited by scabber

Definitely only 11 rows there. On the plans image it looks like the missing 12th row at the front will sit directly in line with wall 3. That obviously can't be made yet as the Main stand is in the way.

Is the steelwork that forms the front part of the construction the furthest the building will stick out towards McLeod street?

Edited by hughesie27