New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

davemclaren

The new truss makes Tynecastle look a lot more impressive on the train into Haymarket. It stands out a lot more.

I used to travel regularly tonprestin and back regularly and ysed to enjoy passing Tynecastle ( sad git ) though it became a very fleeting glimpse once they built the new school.

fireeagle51

At the Emirates for example, before kick off and at half time they show goals from previous matches, highlights, interviews with players etc. Adds to the match day experience imo

And would get the fans hyped up before the big games showing all of the best Goals against the team we are playing. They do this at Etihad Arena/st James park as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

You're kidding right?   This site will be for housing  

Missed that -- last I'd read NB was still sitting on the old school with no plans beyond parking and additional storage.

You're obviously closer to all of this.

At the Emirates for example, before kick off and at half time they show goals from previous matches, highlights, interviews with players etc. Adds to the match day experience imo

Yep. It's needed at the Emirates too, a stadium far too full of tourists most of the time.

FarmerTweedy

Does anybody know whether any of the function suites in the new stand, smaller spaces like the Willie Bauld and Robbo Lounge, will be open when the stand opens to fans, or is this the type of fitting out that will be done during the course of next season?

I'm not 100% sure on this but my understanding is that none of the function/hospitality suites will be ready when the stand first opens for games. I suspect it'll probably be November or December before any of the new hospitality suites are open.

2 weeks to next home game

See the progress then unless we get a sneaky preview

Edited by Mikey1874

fireeagle51

I'm not 100% sure on this but my understanding is that none of the function/hospitality suites will be ready when the stand first opens for games. I suspect it'll probably be November or December before any of the new hospitality suites are open.

Sorry to disappoint but all of the hospitality suites in the new stand will not be in full function until MARCH 2018, I will put a screenshot up of a thing from Ann Budge explaining it if I can find out how to upload a photo to the threads

Lucille's Thirsty

Thank god for you guys that actually take photos at the game as I'm a lazy ******* and can't be bothered walking around from the gorgie stand.

Bad Religion

Yep. It's needed at the Emirates too, a stadium far too full of tourists most of the time.

How many tickets go on sale to tourists?

Seymour M Hersh

Can someone tell me what all the pipes are for? Seem awfully random positioning. Of course what I know about construction can be written on a grain of rice (twice).

Bad Religion

Can someone tell me what all the pipes are for? Seem awfully random positioning. Of course what I know about construction can be written on a grain of rice (twice).

They are plies. Foundation for the structure.

Seymour M Hersh

They are plies. Foundation for the structure.

Surely not just foundations though. There are several different sizes and the positioning of them seems really too random to be foundations alone.

Bad Religion

Surely not just foundations though. There are several different sizes and the positioning of them seems really too random to be foundations alone.

Pile caps will be added I would imagine which will probably make it look more logical.

The Natural Order

The addition of large screens depends on whether the trusses have a SWL that can take them. They're heavy things.

The screens if/when they happen aren't going on the trusses.

Sorry to disappoint but all of the hospitality suites in the new stand will not be in full function until MARCH 2018, I will put a screenshot up of a thing from Ann Budge explaining it if I can find out how to upload a photo to the threads

Cheers fella, and also Farmer T.

I am no expert either but a friend put it to me like this.

"They are not random, they are in load bearing positions, as the graphic below illustrates. Concrete reinforced with rebar will be poured to create piles to take the load of the structure above.  They wont all go to the same depth, some will be cut short if the pile reaches solid rock underneath, as is common with Edinburgh foundations."

pilefoundationfunctions.jpg

Edited by primrose

kingantti1874

The piles will be situated where they are required to bear the load, they will be filled with concrete which is incredibly strong under compression and will be drilled at a depth sufficient to reach a material sufficient to bear the load of the building. I'm not expert on the geology in the area but would guess there is some bedrock down there

Edited by kingantti1874

The piles will be situated where they are required to bear the load, they will be filled with concrete which is incredibly strong under compression and will be drilled at a depth sufficient to reach a material sufficient to bear the load of the building. I'm not expert on the geology in the area but would guess there is some bedrock down there

The poster above you covered it already cheers.

highlandjambo3

WHAT...........................you mean the flintstones were real!!

Howdy Doody Jambo

"They are not random, they are in load bearing positions, as the graphic below illustrates. Concrete reinforced with rebar will be poured to create piles to take the load of the structure above. They wont all go to the same depth, some will be cut short if the pile reaches solid rock underneath, as is common with Edinburgh foundations."

Just like root canal

Have they started work on the tunnels from the Diggers and the Tyne arms?

Yes codenames Rudi & Robbo.

Shhh keep it quiet

Bazzas right boot

Cheers for the info.

Someone might even say yabdabdoo!

Seymour M Hersh

"They are not random, they are in load bearing positions, as the graphic below illustrates. Concrete reinforced with rebar will be poured to create piles to take the load of the structure above.  They wont all go to the same depth, some will be cut short if the pile reaches solid rock underneath, as is common with Edinburgh foundations."

Thanks for that Primrose that makes things a little clearer. I still wonder why some are so thin in comparison to others. Could some of the pipes sticking up be for utilities or are the all structural?

Thanks for that Primrose that makes things a little clearer. I still wonder why some are so thin in comparison to others. Could some of the pipes sticking up be for utilities or are the all structural?

I think one of the thin pipes is for the away team's toilets

On a serious note I womder if we are on plan in terms of timescale, piling and founds meant to be done by mid April ??

Yes

Does anybody know whether any of the function suites in the new stand, smaller spaces like the Willie Bauld and Robbo Lounge, will be open when the stand opens to fans, or is this the type of fitting out that will be done during the course of next season?

The restaurant areas are programmed for completion first week in Jan 18.

Current programme is for completion first week in Jan 18.

On a serious note I womder if we are on plan in terms of timescale, piling and founds meant to be done by mid April ??

Yes

Fantastic news.

Are you allowed to release any critical path dates for work that needs to be done to allow a 'functioning' stand to be ready in time for the planned first home game of next season?

Edited by DETTY29

Mid Calder Jambo

Had piles a few times....murder

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They make the pain of toothache a joy to behold.

Vlad's fax machine cable.