New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

davemclaren

Nobody's suggesting we allocate over 10,000 to safe standing!

I'm sure there would be a maximum space we could convert - and that would probably accommodate the numbers who'd want to stand.

If it makes financial sense.

Row BB, Easter road. The replay.

It's pretty well known standing is generally accepted at away ties against the hibs. I assume you don't go much.

But I agree it is selfish if there is a kid or someone who is unable to see behind - I had a walkway behind and was directly in front of the tunnel leading to the concourse bit.

Ah, I though you must have been meaning the upper part of B in the Wheatfield. That makes much more sense. Weird for someone to complain in that case then.

The model used to be on display in the old stone office building I think. I remember the 14 y/o me looking at it. :)

That's funny, I remember the exact same thing. Was in the window I believe. 

I was a sprightly 6/7 at the time. 

That's funny, I remember the exact same thing. Was in the window I believe.

I was a sprightly 6/7 at the time.

It was! I remember thinking how cool it would look. If it had included the new stand I'd have probably had a wet dream that night. :lol:

Pants Shaton

I emailed the club last month about a glass roof which would bridge the new main stand and the Wheatfield.  Tickets could be sold, offering a bird's-eye view of the action (like the game Kick-Off 2).  No one has responded to my enquiry - typical of the way Lhevein and Budge are ripping the Heart out of this once great club.

I emailed the club last month about a glass roof which would bridge the new main stand and the Wheatfield. Tickets could be sold, offering a bird's-eye view of the action (like the game Kick-Off 2). No one has responded to my enquiry - typical of the way Lhevein and Budge are ripping the Heart out of this once great club.

Like it. Could the roof be made out of crystal instead?

jamboinglasgow

Like it. Could the roof be made out of crystal instead?

Being serious for a monment, with now all the trusses in place. You could do anything with the roof. Even arrange for a covered roof? (obviously I know it would be expensive but just pondering.)

Being serious for a monment, with now all the trusses in place. You could do anything with the roof. Even arrange for a covered roof? (obviously I know it would be expensive but just pondering.)

Not the right person to ask mate. I could give you a daft answer for a couple of cheap laughs, but building and architecture possibilities, well out of my comfort zone. If we could do it though, I'd want it to have a planetarium light show on it.

Konrad von Carstein

Could we get the equipment rigged up.to have one of those overhead cameras zooming back and forth?

Disclaimer, not an entirely serious question!

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Randy Marsh

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I actually have this club newspaper up in my attic somewhere. I also remember Craig Levein and Alex Kitson sending out a letter in 1994 asking for more 500 Club members, as the (Wheatfield Stand) steel order had to be in for a certain date. In the end, about 1,200 of us signed up for it.  Crowd levels at the time were at a 10 year low, debt was starting to rise, the club was flirting with relegation and the chairman was living in France having had enough. It was a good effort to get it built in those circumstances.

I wonder if the club still have this model?

17021930_10155178743068159_1646040063785

Looks like the seats were originally suppose to be a mix of grey and maroon.  I actually think it looks quite cool.

Looks like the seats were originally suppose to be a mix of grey and maroon.  I actually think it looks quite cool.

its cool, they have went that way over time anyway 

2004-09-22tynecastle02.jpg

:thumbsup:

davemclaren

I was a member of both 500 clubs back in the day. It will be interesting to know how they plan to fund the ?3m gap.

jamboinglasgow

I seen on the photos on the facebook page, that they have finished the piling and are removing the aggregate. Now as someone who is not sure with the different processes of construction, what is the purpose of the aggregate with the piling?

Bad Religion

I seen on the photos on the facebook page, that they have finished the piling and are removing the aggregate. Now as someone who is not sure with the different processes of construction, what is the purpose of the aggregate with the piling?

Protects the ground from the heavy machinery

So what else will we see happening in March?

Apart from more pointless chat about corners and standing im guessing its the founds work with the steel frame to start in April and the glass in May.

The Natural Order

The site actually slopes a little from the Gorgie end down to the Roseburn end. I think the aggregate gives you a flat site so you know that you're piling down the correct and even depth for every pile i.e. it gives you a consistent zero point.

Edited by Jambo Cartman

FarmerTweedy

A covered roof???????

Mr Brightside

The aggregate is used to create a piling mat, which supports the piling rig during the installation of the piles. Sometimes the material is kept in place to create the pile cap/ sub base of the concrete foundations.

Can someone confirm whether or not the complete structure of the old stand will be demolished completely? It's just that I thought I heard that only the top layer of it would be removed and that the base would form a solid foundation to build from. Anyone?

Regarding the model, If the grey seats were brilliant white, it would have looked like a bar scarf...

Edited by Jambotommy

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I actually have this club newspaper up in my attic somewhere. I also remember Craig Levein and Alex Kitson sending out a letter in 1994 asking for more 500 Club members, as the (Wheatfield Stand) steel order had to be in for a certain date. In the end, about 1,200 of us signed up for it.  Crowd levels at the time were at a 10 year low, debt was starting to rise, the club was flirting with relegation and the chairman was living in France having had enough. It was a good effort to get it built in those circumstances.

I wonder if the club still have this model?

17021930_10155178743068159_1646040063785

You can see where Levein got the "Harry Potter" tag in this picture.

Hagar the Horrible

So for those who harped on about the corners, and have now moved onto to the next lame duck being safe standing,  I might as well be involved and insist we replace the floodlights with Giant Lead Crystal Chandelliers it would provide a touch of class, however we need to stop wearing scarfs and wear smoking jackets and cravats instead old boys. Anyhoo any latest photos from beyond trumps wooden wall?

The Future's Maroon

What's the latest with the Main Stand Re-Development?

this is a thread with 6000+ posts, all info required is here?

station_jambo

this is a thread with 6000+ posts, all info required is here?

I clearly meant what was the latest down at Tynie relating to the re development eg.  Piling complete?  Foundation dig started?  I shall remember to be extremely clear next time. Sorry

Can someone confirm whether or not the structure of the old stand will be demolished completely? I thought I heard that only the top layer of it would be removed and that the base would form a solid foundation to build from. Anyone?

scott herbertson

I clearly meant what was the latest down at Tynie relating to the re development eg.  Piling complete?  Foundation dig started?  I shall remember to be extremely clear next time. Sorry

The latest is in Cade's post just above yours (10.34)

The Future's Maroon

I clearly meant what was the latest down at Tynie relating to the re development eg. Piling complete? Foundation dig started? I shall remember to be extremely clear next time. Sorry

It may have come across as a smart arse reply, I can see why, it wasn't meant like that....it was a genuine reply. The last few pages and the title show that piling has been completed, the aggregate is being done currently. Edited by The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

Can someone confirm whether or not the structure of the old stand will be demolished completely? I thought I heard that only the top layer of it would be removed and that the base would form a solid foundation to build from. Anyone?

Sorry , I don't know myself...it's a question which has been asked a few times but I have seen a reply either.

Thomaso is the one, probably, to maybe answer it.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Sorry , I don't know myself...it's a question which has been asked a few times but I have seen a reply either.

Thomaso is the one, probably, to maybe answer it.

I'm no expert but I believe that some of the internal structure and walls are being retained, although not all. An example of this is the players tunnel entrance which is why it's off-set on the pictures of the new stand as it takes up the exact position of the current old stand.

We've received a number of complaints about unauthorised pictures being posted on this thread.

The pictures are great, but if they weren't taken by you, please make sure that you have the permission of the owner.

Thanks.

Great... Some folk more concerned about the ownership of their photo than just documenting the progress. They could just watermark the photo down the bottom and be happy that their photo has been shared.

All my photos can be reused by anyone, the more they get distributed the more chance they'll still be around in many years time for future fans to look back on.

Bad Religion

We've received a number of complaints about unauthorised pictures being posted on this thread.

The pictures are great, but if they weren't taken by you, please make sure that you have the permission of the owner.

Thanks.

:facepalm:

Buffalo Bill

Have we resolved the issue re planning and the ethanol tank wall strengthening?