New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Can we put a sticky at the top answering all the silly questions before they get asked again?

Corners cannot physically be filled in due to the existing structure

Rows being added is not a financially viable option even before thinking of H&S restraints

Safe standing is not an option due to both the rake of the stand and its profitability.

Screens are part of the plans of the overall upgrading of Tynecastle facilities.

Anything else I have missed?

Any chance of a retractable roof?

Would it be possible for Hearts fans to donate old LCD/plasma TVs to the club - 50 or so could be put together to create one large screen. Would the club consider this?

I've got an old blackboard, do you think that might be suitable?

Hackney Hearts

Cruden Homes are in discussions

Won't they find planning very difficult with the tanks right beside the site? I thought it was much easier for us to get past the risk assessment because a football stand is only used for a couple of hours a couple of times a week, whereas housing is constantly occupied? 

kingantti1874

Understand the screens will be mounting inside the new stand at the gorgie end and in the wheatfield at the school end.. not on the truss.. that's what I was told anyway..

Mr Brightside

Won't they find planning very difficult with the tanks right beside the site? I thought it was much easier for us to get past the risk assessment because a football stand is only used for a couple of hours a couple of times a week, whereas housing is constantly occupied?

Depends on the risk assessment. The stadium is occupied a lot less but has a lot more people in it when it is occupied. The opposite applies to the housing.

Understand the screens will be mounting inside the new stand at the gorgie end and in the wheatfield at the school end.. not on the truss.. that's what I was told anyway..

On the pylons or stand wall?

Depends on the risk assessment. The stadium is occupied a lot less but has a lot more people in it when it is occupied. The opposite applies to the housing.

Previously the site housed hundreds of children 5 days a week....

Nothing shown on the current construction programme for screens.

kingantti1874

Nothing shown on the current construction programme for screens.

Your right, was told at a FOH meeting some time ago that was the idea.. can't vouch for accuracy.. would be cool I think

scott herbertson

I don't think that would be all that significant - same argument as when we applied for the new stand - taken on its own merits re HSE objections. Though I am sure housing will win the day as its so badly needed

Hackney Hearts

True, but that was in the good old days. Health and Safety regs get tighter by the day.

I would say they would be much better up on the truss if possible. 

Probably far easier and safer for maintenance on the inner walls than up on the truss.

I think the inner walls look ugly so they should at least put something there.

station_jambo

Anyone know if we will look at getting LED floodlights in the future?

Edited by station_jambo

This.

It's the same chat over and over.

It's possible to add rows to the wheatfield, Naw it's no.

It's possible to fill in the corners, Naw it's no.

Hearts have already said this will be the last of redeveloping Tynecastle so let's enjoy the build up and pictures of our new incredible stand.

To be fair none of those things are impossible but they are just not going to happen within the next 20 years so its fairly moot to even talk about them.

jamboinglasgow

I do hope they do go through with the screens.

But does seem that things mention during pre-application meetings dont happen, like the solar panels on the roof.

This. So anyway any new pictures? I also asked a few weeks ago if anyone had anymore info on the mural that is to be painted on the end of the tenements but I got no replies.

I don't have any inside info but I reckon they're going to ask this chap to do it http://www.paineproffitt.com/

They had some of designs in the club shop (tshirts) and his stuff is pretty cool.

maroonlegions

what is the actual point of having a big screen to display the score? Not fussed about it myself

what is the actual point of having a big screen to display the score? Not fussed about it myself

looks cool .

Mr Brightside

Doesn't really matter as the risk assessment will be done based on current guidance and the current proposal. I doubt the distillery would get planning permission for it's current location if it was an empty site.

My initial point was that just because the properties will be occupied for a lunch longer duration it doesn't automatically make it a more riskier proposal.

It's not just a big scoreboard, we are not Hibs. Advertising revenue, team line-ups, announcements, marketing for Hearts merchandise, tributes for former players, makes the venue more attractive for events, gives the stadium a more "modern" feel.

North Berwick Jambo

I don't have any inside info but I reckon they're going to ask this chap to do it http://www.paineproffitt.com/

They had some of designs in the club shop (tshirts) and his stuff is pretty cool.

Thanks, I have never heard of the guy before but after looking through his website I noticed he had some good stuff and even one of Hearts so that could be a good shout ;)

Italian Lambretta

Loads of very good mural painters in East Belfast.  :sunny:  :sunny:

I don't have any inside info but I reckon they're going to ask this chap to do it http://www.paineproffitt.com/

fireeagle51

You're kidding right? This site will be for housing

Yes, would definitely prefer there to be housing than what it is now. It would bring more people into the Tynecastle stadium area and would hopefully make the area look more attractive and bussier on non match days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil D. Corners

Can show the score, teams, substitutions, and Advertising. The latter will bring funds to the club.

fireeagle51

Can show the score, teams, substitutions, and Advertising. The latter will bring funds to the club.

And something we can boast to hibs fans by being the 3rd team in Scotland to have a big screen

FarmerTweedy

Some nice work on his site but none of it looks to me like a trompe l'oeil. I suspect if that's going ahead, we'll be getting someone with a track record in them to do it. I'm not ITK either though, so could easily be wrong!

Does anybody know whether any of the function suites in the new stand, smaller spaces like the Willie Bauld and Robbo Lounge, will be open when the stand opens to fans, or is this the type of fitting out that will be done during the course of next season?

The Natural Order

And something we can boast to hibs fans by being the 3rd team in Scotland to have a big screen

4th surely?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

fireeagle51

4th surely?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Never thought Celtic park had one

Unknown user

Me neither mate, I just don't see the attraction. We've already got the time on the advertising boards around the pitch, it just seems like a waste of money to me.

davemclaren

Me neither mate, I just don't see the attraction. We've already got the time on the advertising boards around the pitch, it just seems like a waste of money to me.

Mainly advertising oppotunities I imagine.

Bad Religion

At the Emirates for example, before kick off and at half time they show goals from previous matches, highlights, interviews with players etc. Adds to the match day experience imo

Edited by Bad Religion

At the Emirates for example, before kick off and at half time they show goals from previous matches, highlights, interviews with players etc. Adds to the match day experience imo

Correct it keeps kids interested gives the fans something to look at during half time and generates money.

Edited by Jamboelite

Unknown user

Ah I'm sure it'll be good and they'll pay their way through advertising, I suppose it's the traditionalist in me that doesn't like it.

I see fan zones and big screens and the like as marks of a march towards the americanisation of our sport. I guess there's nothing wrong with it but the aging tit in me liked things just fine the way they were

Ah I'm sure it'll be good and they'll pay their way through advertising, I suppose it's the traditionalist in me that doesn't like it.

I see fan zones and big screens and the like as marks of a march towards the americanisation of our sport. I guess there's nothing wrong with it but the aging tit in me liked things just fine the way they were

Yeah

I was surprised I quite like the time clocks

But they are well placed out of the way

avhudtheteeshirt

Two big screens tied into the white trusses above the main new stand and wheatfield stand would do it for me.

If they were to show the game highlights after the game, like they did before in the concourse tv screens, it would maybe help in crowds leaving the stadium, slowing down the rush?

Yeah

I was surprised I quite like the time clocks

But they are well placed out of the way

Being in the main I only see the the clock when it's a televised game and they have the electronic ad boards behind the goals. Presume the clock in the board in front of the main all the time?

I do like the clock and I'm happy to keep it as it is - in the corners of the ad boards. Subtle but there if you want a quick check. Also means the players see it but didn't see to do much against County last week with them passing it across the back in the dying minute. 

Edited by kila

been here before
Lucille's Thirsty

The new truss makes Tynecastle look a lot more impressive on the train into Haymarket. It stands out a lot more.

:pleasing: