New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Honestly couldn't give a **** about the new stand now.

Although, one quick observation is the box section on the vertical truss, wonder if this is a TV studio to match the police box on the other side .. anyway, I don't care.

I fully understand your feelings, however the future generations of Hearts fans will be grateful that we stuck by the FoH process, and built a new stand that we can all be proud of.

davemclaren

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but the most exciting part of Hearts these days seems to be off the park,the new stand is the only thing to get excited about,if we keep producing rubbish on the field we ain't going to fill it.

The new stand will be here for, hopefully, the next hundred years. Unfortunately, there will undoubtedly be a few poor seasons in that time. It doesn't mean that building the new stand was a bad idea.

Lucille's Thirsty

The new stand will be here for, hopefully, the next hundred years. Unfortunately, there will undoubtedly be a few poor seasons in that time. It doesn't mean that building the new stand was a bad idea.

It's not a bad idea at all Dave,thoroughly looking forward to it.

rudi must stay

See the workmen have had enough of creepy greengminger hanging around so they are blocking him

It's because tomorrow a big lorry will arrive with the stand. But they want to pretend they are working till September

This may be made up

zoltan socrates

Whats the angle of the stand seats? The wheatfield is the maximum it is allowed to be at 34 degrees isn't it?

32 degrees, it says on the drawing

In terms of safe standing, the current "Green Guide" recommends that the gradient of the viewing deck for a standing area does not exceed 25 degrees and for a seated area is no more than 34 degrees.

So, that'll be no safe standing at Tynecastle then.

davemclaren

In terms of safe standing, the current "Green Guide" recommends that the gradient of the viewing deck for a standing area does not exceed 25 degrees and for a seated area is no more than 34 degrees.

Indeed.

That's a shame as standing is the natural way to watch football being played.

Where's there's a will there's a way.

Exactly my thoughts. Huge own goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

It wont happen but if there is a barrier in front of your standing position why should the angle matter. It is not like the old style crush barriers scattered all over the terracing after all !

For the lower section of the new main stand, it is only a 28' slope. So I don't see how 28' instead of 25' would be a problem for safe standing as there's railings to stop you falling forward anyway.

If we can have steepness exceeding 32' without railings, surely 28' with railings isn't a problem!

john brownlee

good(5'6)and not getting any bigger

If it has to be, make all the six footers stand at the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safe standing!  Again? Really?????

:tlj:

Safe standing! Again? Really?????

:tlj:

If it's not possible, it's not possible. Just saying it's a shame that we're not getting any. I'd go for that option if it was and I'm certain it would be popular.

I would think there is not a snowballs chance in hell they even contemplated safe standing behind the dugouts and in front of the directors box .even at the sides.

Quite right. My family all stand behind the settee when MOTD or any other footie programmes on. Personally I crouch behind it peeking through the spaces between my fingers - especially when our matches are being covered.

If it's not possible, it's not possible. Just saying it's a shame that we're not getting any. I'd go for that option if it was and I'm certain it would be popular.

Careful not to get dragged in...

I discussed your point a good few pages backed. It opened a Pandora's box and somehow turned into an argument about the nursery...

Agree re safe standing. Have the club said anything on it? If not, someone should ask and we can be done with it.

I discussed your point a good few pages backed. It opened a Pandora's box and somehow turned into an argument about the nursery...

Agree re safe standing. Have the club said anything on it? If not, someone should ask and we can be done with it.

I think someone has been quoted as saying safe standing isn't happening, but doesn't mean it can't in the future for the lower sections.

There are definitely no plans during the stadium re-development to have safe standing.

Edited by Thomaso

FarmerTweedy

Honestly couldn't give a **** about the new stand now.

Although, one quick observation is the box section on the vertical truss, wonder if this is a TV studio to match the police box on the other side .. anyway, I don't care.

I'd explain it to you but there wouldn't really be any point in doing so.

August Landmesser

Surely when the corners are filled in they'll be at the optimum angle for safe standing?

:troll:

Hackney Hearts

Surely when the corners are filled in they'll be at the optimum angle for safe standing?

Good point. And BTW  - does anyone know if we're staying at Tynecastle in the short term?

:troll:

:10900:

Well that pretty much puts an end to it.

It's probably never been on the table.

But if it was dismissed pretthy much immediately.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

I emailed the club and asked if it was fi ancial or technical reasons that safe standing wasn't an option they replied it was a bit of both,I think what put them off was the1/1ratio regulation I think they originally thought they would be able to increase capacity

davemclaren

I emailed the club and asked if it was fi ancial or technical reasons that safe standing wasn't an option they replied it was a bit of both,I think what put them off was the1/1ratio regulation I think they originally thought they would be able to increase capacity

Seems plausible.

If the 1:1 ratio and cost implications are what is weighing it down, then it's something the FoH could help with in the future if there was enough interest.

If the 1:1 ratio and cost implications are what is weighing it down, then it's something the FoH could help with in the future if there was enough interest.

I'm not sure there is

bernardbresslawsarmchair

If you look at anyone standing in the back row of the bottom section of any of the 3 new stands they obscure the view of anyone sitting in the first row of the upper section think you would need to lose a row of seats to put safe standing in

iI think

Buffalo Bill

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I actually have this club newspaper up in my attic somewhere. I also remember Craig Levein and Alex Kitson sending out a letter in 1994 asking for more 500 Club members, as the (Wheatfield Stand) steel order had to be in for a certain date. In the end, about 1,200 of us signed up for it.  Crowd levels at the time were at a 10 year low, debt was starting to rise, the club was flirting with relegation and the chairman was living in France having had enough. It was a good effort to get it built in those circumstances.

I wonder if the club still have this model?

17021930_10155178743068159_1646040063785

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I actually have this club newspaper up in my attic somewhere. I also remember Craig Levein and Alex Kitson sending out a letter in 1994 asking for more 500 Club members, as the (Wheatfield Stand) steel order had to be in for a certain date. In the end, about 1,200 of us signed up for it. Crowd levels at the time were at a 10 year low, debt was starting to rise, the club was flirting with relegation and the chairman was living in France having had enough. It was a good effort to get it built in those circumstances.

The model used to be on display in the old stone office building I think. I remember the 14 y/o me looking at it. :)

If you look at anyone standing in the back row of the bottom section of any of the 3 new stands they obscure the view of anyone sitting in the first row of the upper section think you would need to lose a row of seats to put safe standing in

iI think

Not unless they are 8 foot tall or more :tiny:

However when FOH take over this will be an issue raised by the membership.

Our current leader is doing a great job but is blinded on this issue

Edited by CJGJ

Correct. Had a Season Ticket on Row 9, Wheatfield and the guys in Row 8 (Lower) were never in my way. 

bernardbresslawsarmchair

good to hear I think there is a lot more support for a standing area than people on here want to admit it would push a fantastic arena up another level

Correct. Had a Season Ticket on Row 9, Wheatfield and the guys in Row 8 (Lower) were never in my way. good to

good

Dallas Green

They used it back in the day on the corporate brochures too. [emoji1]

77f0d5a62322dca3209d9a71bb603cb1.jpg

I'm glad they ditched the grey sections and the upside down trusses :lol:

the upside down trusses :lol:

Hold on....if we did that, put some floor boards down along the bottom of them to fill the gaps, and a ladder leading up to them....couldn't we get some safe standing along there? Cracking view too.

thinking-face.png

davemclaren

Not blinded as it seems to have been looked at and actively discounted by the Hearts board. Not convinced the conversion costs, including changing the rake of one of the stands , will stack up. However, I do expect the topic will be raised again though I think it is a minority that want to stand at matches these days.

Hackney Hearts

I think it is a minority that want to stand at matches these days.

Nobody's suggesting we allocate over 10,000 to safe standing!

I'm sure there would be a maximum space we could convert - and that would probably accommodate the numbers who'd want to stand.

Apparently not, apparently not even the recent derby ER when I was asked by the steward to sit down, fellow Jambos had complained they couldn't see cos of me. Wouldn't mind usually but it's a derby FFS, and to make matters worse I was row BB (top tier, second of 2 rows before the walkway and the rest of the upper section!)

Apparently not, apparently not even the recent derby ER when I was asked by the steward to sit down, fellow Jambos had complained they couldn't see cos of me. Wouldn't mind usually but it's a derby FFS, and to make matters worse I was row BB (top tier, second of 2 rows before the walkway and the rest of the upper section!)

It is pretty selfish to just stand up without any care for who is behind you. 

Fair enough if it's known as a section where everyone stands e.g. back of G, lower N, but is it common in BB?

It is pretty selfish to just stand up without any care for who is behind you.

Fair enough if it's known as a section where everyone stands e.g. back of G, lower N, but is it common in BB?

Row BB, Easter road. The replay.

It's pretty well known standing is generally accepted at away ties against the hibs. I assume you don't go much.

But I agree it is selfish if there is a kid or someone who is unable to see behind - I had a walkway behind and was directly in front of the tunnel leading to the concourse bit.

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I actually have this club newspaper up in my attic somewhere. I also remember Craig Levein and Alex Kitson sending out a letter in 1994 asking for more 500 Club members, as the (Wheatfield Stand) steel order had to be in for a certain date. In the end, about 1,200 of us signed up for it. Crowd levels at the time were at a 10 year low, debt was starting to rise, the club was flirting with relegation and the chairman was living in France having had enough. It was a good effort to get it built in those circumstances.

I've still got the brochure and 500 club badge somewhere