New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Would be handy for the non Facebookers :-)

Unless your completely anti-Facebook then just join up and only subscribe to that group. You don't have to add any other friends etc. I know a few who only ever use Facebook for the odd group

maroonlegions

Taken from the facebook page of Tynecastle Main Stand Redevelopment.

"The McCrae's plaque is gone (for now) but the space is still being used to celebrate the club's history".

16681594_1458323390879459_12124117439792

:2thumbsup:

Unless your completely anti-Facebook then just join up and only subscribe to that group. You don't have to add any other friends etc. I know a few who only ever use Facebook for the odd group

Mmm may do that...Cheers!

Phil D. Corners

Taken from the facebook page of Tynecastle Main Stand Redevelopment.

"The McCrae's plaque is gone (for now) but the space is still being used to celebrate the club's history".

16681594_1458323390879459_12124117439792

:2thumbsup:

Classic.

They should cut that out and keep it too.

Psychedelicropcircle

Bump....had to go back 6 pages ya moaning barstewards.....had visions of wee Martin crucified on yin o they girders

Malinga the Swinga

There is nae point in building it now. Waste of money, shouldn't returf pitch either. Guys doing the piling are scum and should be doing it better cause we all would. Am I doing this right.

Lucille's Thirsty

This is the only exciting thing that's going to happen at Hearts till August.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Footballfirst

Not the best photo you'll see of the work so far but this was taken from my iPhone today up at Bonaly.

16807176_676534879183291_379499189953638

I took a daunder up Bonaly and Torphin today and got these snaps of Tynie and it's environs.  The lighting was not ideal as I wasn't up early enough this morning when the sun was shining brightly.  You generally get clearer views when  the wind is from the north.

7BYa5wx.jpg

kJ7yXX3.jpg

EdKjqdq.jpg

2RLWMxV.jpg

There is nae point in building it now. Waste of money, shouldn't returf pitch either. Guys doing the piling are scum and should be doing it better cause we all would. Am I doing this right.

"Sums it up for me" 

Bloody should have spent 12 million on kevin kyle and gary lock to bring gary glen back and then have fight to beat hibs, who cares about stadiums or eurup. The glass is broken and the pitch is a bog, craig budge oot

Lucille's Thirsty

Bloody should have spent 12 million on kevin kyle and gary lock to bring gary glen back and then have fight to beat hibs, who cares about stadiums or eurup. The glass is broken and the pitch is a bog, craig budge oot

I was a disgraceful performance mate but time to move on now if it's still the same next year then we can talk and I don't want Ann Budge to go anywhere Levein is another matter entirely.

I was a disgraceful performance mate but time to move on now if it's still the same next year then we can talk and I don't want Ann Budge to go anywhere Levein is another matter entirely.

:cornette:

Footballfirst, on 24 Feb 2017 - 1:59 PM, said:

I took a daunder up Bonaly and Torphin today and got these snaps of Tynie and it's environs.  The lighting was not ideal as I wasn't up early enough this morning when the sun was shining brightly.  You generally get clearer views when  the wind is from the north.

EdKjqdq.jpg

ffs thought the new pitch was gonna be better than that

Edited by hearts007

Lucille's Thirsty

:cornette:

"mullen13"

Is that you're age?

Wanting the woman who is the sole reason we still exist to leave!

:facepalm:

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

"mullen13"

Is that you're age?

I was taking the p*** out of other posters... definitely do not want the queen to leave! Maybe a bit gullible from you.

Kevin Kyle even now would have been better than the shower of crap we witnessed on Wednesday.. he would have rag doll'd their center defenders for starters.

I took a daunder up Bonaly and Torphin today and got these snaps of Tynie and it's environs. The lighting was not ideal as I wasn't up early enough this morning when the sun was shining brightly. You generally get clearer views when the wind is from the north.

kJ7yXX3.jpg

Love this pic of both Tynecastle and my old school Donaldson's in the background..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"mullen13"

Is that you're age?

You've had a bit of a 'mare there...

Lucille's Thirsty

I was taking the p*** out of other posters... definitely do not want the queen to leave! Maybe a bit gullible from you.

:lol:

I thought you were being serious.

Mine from earlier. Don't think there was any piling happening this morning, but there's one in position in the left of the first photo. Wonder if they are nearly done with that.

172e37c674.jpg

173cbb6b6a.jpg

172e5174dc.jpg

Edited by kila

Mine from earlier. Don't think there was any piling happening this morning, but there's one in position in the left of the first photo. Wonder if they are nearly done with that.

172e37c674.jpg

173cbb6b6a.jpg

172e5174dc.jpg

Those are great photos. First signs of construction rather than demolition.

PeterintheRain

When they built the new stands at Murrayfield I remember them drilling holes then smacking big concrete piles into the ground to support the stands.  Why are we using steel  cylinders?   Will they last as long, are they cheaper or is it all about the time constraints?

Edited by PeterintheRain

When they built the new stands at Murrayfield I remember them drilling holes then smacking big concrete piles into the ground to support the stands. Why are we using steel cylinders? Will they last as long, are they cheaper or is it all about the time constraints?

Haha, seriously? What is wrong with you?

Lucille's Thirsty

When they built the new stands at Murrayfield I remember them drilling holes then smacking big concrete piles into the ground to support the stands. Why are we using steel cylinders? Will they last as long, are they cheaper or is it all about the time constraints?

Why is the east stand smaller than the rest can someone explain,there is space behind that stand to make it the same height as the rest.

The Natural Order

Please put them on here!!!

Facebook is for ar**holes

I did start putting my photos on here but unfortunately some little ball bag copied them to a shite Twitter account I didn't want them on without permission and has refused to remove them so now I stick to my Facebook group.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did start putting my photos on here but unfortunately some little ball bag copied them to a shite Twitter account I didn't want them on without permission and has refused to remove them so now I stick to my Facebook group.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Don't really care if mine get reposted elsewhere, happy if they do as it means they reach more people. I do it to help document the main stand construction, not to get credit/recognition

Why is the east stand smaller than the rest can someone explain,there is space behind that stand to make it the same height as the rest.

The east stand predates the early 90s redevelopment of Murrayfield. It was just incorporated into the new North and South Stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the SRU are looking at some development proposals that could change elements of the east stand. I don't think they include raising the overall height to the same as the other three stands, but if they did, Murrayfield could seat around 80,000.

jamboinglasgow

Anyone just using kickback just for this thread at the moment? Great pictures loving it.

I have been trying to find out a bit more about the piling at the moment but the videos posted dont quite explain what will happen once all the piles are in place. I see they are hollow steel tubes, do they fill them with concrete? Do they excavate around they down to a point they put the rebar cages around them and fill them with concrete?