New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The curved glass facade will sit roughly just in front of the yellow marks closest to the road.

Or to be exact - the front of the glazed fa?ade will be 46m from the lower beam of the new truss.  :scholar:

Edited by Thomaso

Elias Henry Furst

The curved glass facade will sit roughly just in front of the yellow marks closest to the road.

Thanks.

That's absolutely massive!

The curved glass fa?ade

I+want+tom+hanks+to+narrate+mine+cuz+im+

Edited by Buffalo Bill

August Landmesser

It's going to be huge! That's about three times the footprint of the Old Stand. Cracking stuff

love checking in on this thread.

The hospitality area behind the new stand is going to be huge. Hopefully we can make full use of it's potential as it could and should generate one hell of a lot of money for the club.

Or to be exact - the front of the glazed fa?ade will be 46m from the lower beam of the new truss.  :scholar:

Or concave as I said to Derek yesterday trying to look as if I knew what I was talking about. :)

Or concave as I said to Derek yesterday trying to look as if I knew what I was talking about. :)

Name dropper...... :tiny:

Site cleared and marked out for piling to commence. 2hfZ0Wi.jpgYMQVhjn.jpg

I see the plaque that was built into the wall under the big club crest has been removed.I assume it will be incorporated into the new stand somewhere.

jamboinglasgow

The piling plant is taller than the truss. Jeepers.

Is it now on site? Not going to be a fun few weeks for neighbours with the constant noise it makes.

Is it now on site? Not going to be a fun few weeks for neighbours with the constant noise it makes.

Not yet. There's a cost attached to having stuff like that on site.

any idea when its supposed to start

I'd imagine in the next few days.

As I'm not involved in any of the external or structural works I didn't ask. The PM is one busy fellah so we had half an hour on what I'm doing then he was offski. Thomaso will be able to give you a steer on the more imminent stuff.

The Natural Order

Took a trip along today, looking great. The markings show how massive the stand will be.

Photos up on my Facebook page.

The front of the glazed fa?ade will be 46m from the lower beam of the new truss.  :scholar:

That's quite a distance when you think about it: 46m; or almost half the length of a football pitch. 

It's going to be huge, folks.

I see the plaque that was built into the wall under the big club crest has been removed.I assume it will be incorporated into the new stand somewhere.

I noticed that too earlier. I think it's as old as the stand itself so you would hope it's placed somewhere in the new stand.

Took a trip along today, looking great. The markings show how massive the stand will be.

Excellent site sir! Just signed up :)

Big Slim Stylee

Pfft...and how would you know ? :)

jamboinglasgow

good photos. interesting seeing the scale of it.

Next season will see a resplendent new pitch and stand in place in Gorgie, eagerly anticipated by the head coach, his backroom staff and players. ?That?s one of the many things we?re looking forward to next season,? [Cathro] said. ?The new stand is an amazing project and we?re looking forward to having a first-class surface to play on inside what will become a top stadium. ?That?s a really exciting thing for me and all the players. The young players in the club?s academy can start to aspire to walk out on to a new pitch inside a new stadium. It will also help with players we might want to join us in the future. It?s a great thing for us to look forward to.?

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-to-tailor-tactics-to-suit-tynecastle-pitch-1-4367720

Strange that in all my years of going to Tynecastle, I've never really paid much, if any attention to that plaque!

What's on it? Great that stuff like this will be preserved going forward :)

The Natural Order

Excellent site sir! Just signed up :)

good photos. interesting seeing the scale of it.

Thanks guys, very kind.

Is it weird that i fiund this interesting, a huge amount of work to do this.

Thomaso whats the timeframe to have this done ? I assume after that its putting the frame up?

The piling works should take 2-3 weeks

Then the concrete foundations complete around end of March

The steel frame is programmed to be complete by mid May

The glass fa?ade due to commence immediately after steel frame/concrete floor slabs are complete

August Landmesser

The glass fa?ade due to commence immediately after steel frame/concrete floor slabs are complete

Any sign of Kevin Mccloud yet? He's usually around when there's steel frames and glass facades being erected...

Any sign of Kevin Mccloud yet? He's usually around when there's steel frames and glass facades being erected...

And the glass is ALWAYS late!

Not this time!  :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Strange that in all my years of going to Tynecastle, I've never really paid much, if any attention to that plaque!

What's on it? Great that stuff like this will be preserved going forward :)

It lists the Directors of the club at the time the stand was built.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I heard some piling taking place in the west of the city this morning and thought we had started. Passing Haymarket I realised that was where the noise was emanating from however. :thumbsdown: 

Won't be long to wait though :2thumbsup: 

The glass fa?ade due to commence immediately after steel frame/concrete floor slabs are complete

Great thanks for that.

When you look at the size of the new stand, the number of lounges, glass facade, rooftops terrace with views of the castle.... We could effectively run it as a conference centre on non match days. I wonder how many square feet of banqueting / hospitality space we will have.

When you look at the size of the new stand, the number of lounges, glass facade, rooftops terrace with views of the castle.... We could effectively run it as a conference centre on non match days. I wonder how many square feet of banqueting / hospitality space we will have.

Pretty sure that's what will happen. Could be a good source of income too if priced well.

The main banqueting facility is on the 2nd floor. The club will be doing a number of things with this and the other lounge over and above matchdays. Take Rangers for example, they have the Argyle Restaurant in the Sandy Jardine stand, which is open throughout the week, where you can sit and look over the pitch whilst eating. Ours will be the opposite, you'll be looking out over Edinburgh as opposed to the pitch.

It lists the Directors of the club at the time the stand was built.

f590181f7d5f024ea95703f15fb1282c.jpg

I took a few pics of it after it had been restored.

Cheers guys - every days a school day and all that!

"When I first met Ann and Eric, I thought they were mad!..."