New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Wouldnt be your responsibility would it Thomaso....

:calm:

You are in safe hands  

Edited by Thomaso

alwaysthereinspirit

Next season will see a resplendent new pitch and stand in place in Gorgie, eagerly anticipated by the head coach, his backroom staff and players. ?That?s one of the many things we?re looking forward to next season,? [Cathro] said. ?The new stand is an amazing project and we?re looking forward to having a first-class surface to play on inside what will become a top stadium. ?That?s a really exciting thing for me and all the players. The young players in the club?s academy can start to aspire to walk out on to a new pitch inside a new stadium. It will also help with players we might want to join us in the future. It?s a great thing for us to look forward to.?

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-to-tailor-tactics-to-suit-tynecastle-pitch-1-4367720

Edinburgh in itself is a huge selling point for Hearts when interviewing new talent. Especially foreign talent. Now with a new stadium and the training facilities it'll be even easier to turn players heads. Not a lot of cities in Britain have the same feel as Edinburgh. The ones that do are not hugely into football per say. Win win for Hearts moving forward.

Lucille's Thirsty

Edinburgh in itself is a huge selling point for Hearts when interviewing new talent. Especially foreign talent. Now with a new stadium and the training facilities it'll be even easier to turn players heads. Not a lot of cities in Britain have the same feel as Edinburgh. The ones that do are not hugely into football per say. Win win for Hearts moving forward.

Agreed.

Imagine you were a footballer with no ties to Hearts,coming to a beautiful city and your invited to have a trial with Hearts it's by no means your only option of a club,you see the training ground and the stadium plus the place you'll be living surely you'd put in 100% effort and where do I sign type of thinking.

Shanks said no

I'm at a conference at the moment in the Presidential suite at Murrayfield. Rather than concentrating on work I have spent more time thinking of ways that Hearts can make their facilities better and more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or concave as I said to Derek yesterday trying to look as if I knew what I was talking about. :)

If you had said convex you would have looked even more like you knew what you were talking about. ;)

Actually having thought about it it will be convex on the outside and concave on the inside (I think)

If you had said convex you would have looked even more like you knew what you were talking about. ;)

Actually having thought about it it will be convex on the outside and concave on the inside (I think)

:lol:

Concave looking from the outside (curving inwards)  :scholar:

And living temporarily in a caravan in the car park.

And they went miles over budget and ran out of money......... :uhoh2:

Jesus, first time I've notice that. Always assumed it would curve outwards.

What? It curves in the way when looking at it from outside?

What? It curves in the way when looking at it from outside?

Indeed it does. You can see the detail on the ground floor drawing on page 113.

Hackney Hearts

Or on any of the artist's impressions that have been knocking around for several months.

August Landmesser

And they went miles over budget and ran out of money......... :uhoh2:

Ann will be paying for the new pitch and the light fittings in the lounges on six different credit cards. Getting her mates in to help with the painting

Malinga the Swinga

Folk forgetting what it looks like already!

5ee84005b0.png

5ee84a6c0c.png

5ee862a9a8.png

5ee873ec2f.png

5ee87e97d7.png

5ef4e809a1.png

5ef4b06af8.png

5ef4baff4e.png

If the real thing is half as good as these pictures, we will all be in for a treat. Unbelievable the mess we found ourselves in just a few short seasons ago when the announcement was made that we faced closure, just before a St Mirren game. Now, in six months time, we are going to have a modern stadium and a ground to be proud of. Just magic.

Whats the proposals for car parking (Hearts staff , hospitality visitors, etc) ?

I was wondering the same. There will effectively be no parking whatsoever when the new stand is complete. I think Hearts get use of the old Tynecastle High School for parking on match days. Fine whilst is lies empty. But if it's developed then there won't be any parking.

Any sign of Kevin Mccloud yet? He's usually around when there's steel frames and glass facades being erected...

**** that guy, nowt but a professional naysayer!

Lucille's Thirsty

5ee84005b0.png

5ee84a6c0c.png

5ee862a9a8.png

5ee873ec2f.png

5ee87e97d7.png

5ef4e809a1.png

5ef4b06af8.png

5ef4baff4e.png

I wonder if we're going to be having those gates at the curb or are we just going to have an open plaza area,can't be having neds coming right up the beautiful curved facade and throwing stuff at it

I wonder if we're going to be having those gates at the curb or are we just going to have an open plaza area,can't be having neds coming right up the beautiful curved facade and throwing stuff at it

Snipers on the roof top terrace

RudolfTheKing51

I was wondering the same. There will effectively be no parking whatsoever when the new stand is complete. I think Hearts get use of the old Tynecastle High School for parking on match days. Fine whilst is lies empty. But if it's developed then there won't be any parking.

Same parking as its always been.... old school and Weatfield where temp nursery is. Why do they need more? The school wont be that majorly developed in the near future so i wouldnt lose sleep over it lad. If they can survive no without the weatfield car park im sure they will live when it gets re opened.

Any sign of Kevin Mccloud yet? He's usually around when there's steel frames and glass facades being erected...

article-2390446-1559B864000005DC-865_306

Getting ready for the Castle view.  I wonder if Gregg Wallace will create the new pies as well.

J.T.F.Robertson

If the real thing is half as good as these pictures, we will all be in for a treat. Unbelievable the mess we found ourselves in just a few short seasons ago when the announcement was made that we faced closure, just before a St Mirren game. Now, in six months time, we are going to have a modern stadium and a ground to be proud of. Just magic.

Let's try to keep this in mind should we lose the replay next week. (and I'm serious)

Bazzas right boot

5ee84005b0.png

5ee84a6c0c.png

5ee862a9a8.png

5ee873ec2f.png

5ee87e97d7.png

5ef4e809a1.png

5ef4b06af8.png

5ef4baff4e.png

Sweet, even got a fighting podium where we can charge the away fans after the game.

5ee84005b0.png

5ee84a6c0c.png

5ee862a9a8.png

5ee873ec2f.png

5ee87e97d7.png

5ef4e809a1.png

5ef4b06af8.png

5ef4baff4e.png

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but from the those pictures filling in the corners can be done.

:look:

Am I the only one excited by the cladding?

I'm not crazy about the different shades of the cladding. I'd prefer it if it was all plain, dark maroon.

Nope. It curves out. Centre in, outsides out.

I thought you meant the opposite but we were really talking the same thing

Some of the images show a metal, gated  fence at the perimeter, whereas other show bollards. I much prefer the bollards.

BB - the cladding is individual coloured glass panels in a random pattern. The problem with maroon in a large area is that it can become a bit drab (no insult to our famous colours).

Once you see the final effect I think you will be impressed by the outcome.

Edited by Thomaso

Gershwin - there is a roof terrace leading from the fine dining restaurant on the 3rd floor

I hadn't realised the glass will stick out past the end of the building at both sides, I don't think I like that tbh.

I know I might get grief but it's not that big a negative, it's just a look I'm not that keen on

BB - the cladding is individual coloured glass panels in a random pattern. The problem with maroon in a large area is that it can become a bit drab (no insult to our famous colours).

Once you see the final effect I think you will be impressed by the outcome.

I really like the mock ups - looking forward to the real thing :thumbsup:

Nae pressure, but don't **** it up Thomaso :D

Dunks - the mock ups on here just do not do justice to what will be installed - trust me!

Smithee - the glazed facade doesn't just "stick out" at the ends. The facade is on a sweeping concave curve - it will look spectacular!

What about the weather though!

The four stands will finally be linked with a walkway all the way round. I like that. Could take a half time stroll all the way around the stadium :)

The four stands will finally be linked with a walkway all the way round. I like that. Could take a half time stroll all the way around the stadium :)

Do you think they will link the main stand and the McLeod street stand? Not sure there is any need as the walkway would be permanently closed off to keep the home and away fans separate.

I like how the exterior wall behind the glass facade has the light coloured 'straps' through the brickwork, in what I am guessing is a wee nod to the same pattern in the current main stand?