New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

jamboinglasgow

the SRU are looking at some development proposals that could change elements of the east stand. I don't think they include raising the overall height to the same as the other three stands, but if they did, Murrayfield could seat around 80,000.

Crazy if they did ever expand it to that. Though international rugby does seem to sell it out. 

Mr Brightside

When they built the new stands at Murrayfield I remember them drilling holes then smacking big concrete piles into the ground to support the stands. Why are we using steel cylinders? Will they last as long, are they cheaper or is it all about the time constraints?

It's just different piling techniques depending on what the pile will bed into and the force it needs to support. The steel piles (at least an upper section) will be filled with concrete and a starter bar from there will tie into the re bar in the slab foundation.

Pretty run of the mill stuff for foundation works.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Why is the east stand smaller than the rest can someone explain,there is space behind that stand to make it the same height as the rest.

It was built earlier than the other stands, indeed the terracing behind the goalposts remained in use for a few seasons after the east stand was constructed. I agree the ground looks lopsided and it would be nice to see all the stands matching!

When they built the new stands at Murrayfield I remember them drilling holes then smacking big concrete piles into the ground to support the stands.  Why are we using steel  cylinders?   Will they last as long, are they cheaper or is it all about the time constraints?

Wibble!  Wobble!

Try Gabapentin, it'll also help if you have a bad back.

The Natural Order

Doesn't look any higher than the railings that were there before?

Long arms or one of those selfie stick things

About a foot/foot and a half higher.

Bring back Kevin Kyle

Or Kevin James, it would be good to have him useful for something because he wasn't much good at football.

I don't remember seeing that fence in the plans / artists impression

nor the 30 foot hole they are about to dig...  weird eh!

Don't want to cause unnecessary disquiet, but that fence looks like it's been made with pretty inferior wood. :(

Bad Religion

Don't want to cause unnecessary disquiet, but that fence looks like it's been made with pretty inferior wood. :(

Budgies mates doing it on the cheap.

The Natural Order

Will make the inferior steel of the new bus shelter look a bit better........

Wibble!  Wobble!

Try Gabapentin, it'll also help if you have a bad back.

I think they fill them with concrete.

Hope they don't need to get some high sided vehicles in through that doorway as they have put a piece of wood right across the top.

Don't worry it'll be fine, the 30ft hole brownkg mentioned earlier will be under the doorway.

Hope they don't need to get some high sided vehicles in through that doorway as they have put a piece of wood right across the top.

The main vehicle access gate is on the LH side of the site.

Westendjambo

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but from the those pictures filling in the corners can be done.

:look:

Are we having a standing section ?

The lower section does appear to have safe-standing like barriers .....

We've been round this already ;) Those are the stair handles

Hackney Hearts

We've been round this already ;) Those are the stair handles

I know we discussed these before - but did anyone explain why those "stair handles" are only on the the lower (shallower rake) section, and not on the upper section?

I know we discussed these before - but did anyone explain why those "stair handles" are only on the the lower (shallower rake) section, and not on the upper section?

It's intended for illustration only

Will make the inferior steel of the new bus shelter look a bit better........

Hopefully. Might take attention away from our sub-standard glass too.

:sob:

Hopefully. Might take attention away from our sub-standard glass too.

:sob:

HEY!!!!  :knowyourrole: 

heartsfc_fan

The current modern stands at Tynecastle have stair handles in the lower sections.

Cut The Crap

The stairways in lower and upper are offset, right? Just like in the other three stands.

So, I imagine it's because section AA in the plan view runs up one of the stairways of the lower section (handrails present) but through the seats in the upper section (no handrails present).

Edited by Cut The Crap

It's presumed that less able fans will use the lower sections than climbing dozens of steps to their seats, hence the stair handles in these sections.

August Landmesser

Anyone noticed that since the tree was removed, the pitch turned to shite?

:whistling:

Root system was the key element of the pitch drainage...

Or else we're cursed by dryads...

Anyone noticed that since the tree was removed, the pitch turned to shite?

:whistling:

We also turned to shite...

Levein out! Tree in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Toggie88

Hackney Hearts

The current modern stands at Tynecastle have stair handles in the lower sections.

And in the upper sections too.

But as CTC has pointed out, it may be to do with the staircases being offset and that cross section only including a lower section staircase.

jimmy the jambo

This could possibly be the last evening game the auld stand see'a under the floodlights depending on the split?

The lower section does appear to have safe-standing like barriers .....

ad7da2bab733b5ba58c552eff01c2c95.jpg

Honestly couldn't give a **** about the new stand now.

Although, one quick observation is the box section on the vertical truss, wonder if this is a TV studio to match the police box on the other side .. anyway, I don't care.

Although, one quick observation is the box section on the vertical truss, wonder if this is a TV studio to match the police box on the other side .. anyway, I don't care.

It's just illustration to show size - there's a drawing from the opposite side that shows it too

Lucille's Thirsty

Although, one quick observation is the box section on the vertical truss, wonder if this is a TV studio to match the police box on the other side .. anyway, I don't care.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but the most exciting part of Hearts these days seems to be off the park,the new stand is the only thing to get excited about,if we keep producing rubbish on the field we ain't going to fill it.