New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

6 hours ago, RealMaroonCF said:

Oh My Days

Im anbsolutely unashamed to say that my smile was wide and a tear grew in my eye seeing that aerial shot

What a statement. What an achievement by Oursrlves, all of us, united to the point we wouldn't give it up

There she is. Our new main stand. Absolutely incredible. Look it at it! Look at it !

For the sake of you vermin infiltrators .... does that look like a bus shelter to you ? Away and FO back to yer sewer, tell your kind you aren't wanted here

This forum is for those 'with' the heart to follow deep in the trenches. Our Park is for those who wears its colours with pride and bleed it a colour you can't see.

If those pictures don't raise your heart, your pulse, and the hairs on your neck , maybe you can be forgiven for being " too old " or maybe even unfortunately unwell. For everyone else this is your and our legacy

My fellow jambos. I apologise to those who ire I've raised in conversation on this forum. And now I thank you all. This is what WE have achirved

Beam with pride. Wear your colours. Tell your kids and all before them to pick up the baton and carry it forward

Amazing 

Brilliant

15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

New forum took me to page 1!

Use the dot at the side.

Edited by Jamboelite

7 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

l0J2tIi.jpgAV6oF0G.jpg

Somebody had previously mentioned steps at the back of the stand to exit but doesn't look like it from the middle pic. Shame as I am 6 from the top,

It was a bonded warehouse for the distillery that was demolished. 

Edited by Stuart Lyon
warehouse demolished not the distillery

7 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

That 1994 picture - can someone please remind me what the factory was that was behind the Wheatfield? 

I thought it was part of the distillery, maybe a whisky bond?

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

image.png.10701a7eb8bbb148aaadb55c9c918561.png

From the Main Stand FB page.  Should be 180 seats.

Any child or small person sitting in the front row could well have their view impaired once that barrier is completed. If it is solid! It could just be the angle of the photo of course.

Can I just say an apology to anyone I have offended when I had a pop at the pattern on the side, the lack of lettering on the crest and the exterior look of the stand.

That aerial shot is absolutely beautiful. As in a massive canvas in the living room beautiful. The way the cross sections on top of each stand line up now is spectacular.

Also to anyone who ever quoted me and simply said "what until its finished" I am more than happy to admit I was wrong and eat humble pie.

What a ****ing time to be a jambo.

:sweeet:

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Any child or small person sitting in the front row could well have their view impaired once that barrier is completed. If it is solid! It could just be the angle of the photo of course.

Its exactly the same as the Wheatfield.

17 minutes ago, Deek said:

Somebody had previously mentioned steps at the back of the stand to exit but doesn't look like it from the middle pic. Shame as I am 6 from the top,

There is. I think they are right in the middle as they are for the posh twats ?

Edited by Jamboelite

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, happyjam said:

The Heart of Midlothian in the Plaza is huge.  Never realised it was that big from the other photos that have been taken at ground level.  

Will be an incredible piece of art.

Should be be able to see it from the moon on a clear day..

there are going to be some some great aerial photos in future

compare it to this tin box and surrounds

https://goo.gl/images/EHa6zB

IMG_8339.JPG

Edited by scott herbertson

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Not for us poor folk in S then!!

If the project was behind schedule I would have thought that weekend working would have already commenced? However that costs extra I suppose. About 23 days to get it to a state where safety cert will be issued. Going to be a close call I think. Anyone know the deadline for informing Kilmarnock where a game will be played? 

21 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I never said you did. I said you're making stuff up about the lounge.

Ehh ????

I said

"Skyline Lounge screw up ?????

It's a football stand to watch football not a tourist attraction to see the castle........

Go to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle....... "

Where did I make stuff up about the lounge ??????

Clark Griswold
37 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No chance this will be ready for 5th Nov.

What makes you say that? Just curious as to your reasoning. 

25 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So is that 180 seats fitted in 5 days, can't see it being ready in time. 

But all the railings are also going in to affix the seats onto.  Look at the picture.

24 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So is that 180 seats fitted in 5 days, can't see it being ready in time. 

Looks like there are a lot more rails fitted though, so its probably deceiving to think of it as just 180 seats.

41 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No chance this will be ready for 5th Nov.

You could be right but the best things in life are worth waiting for.

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

Looks like there are a lot more rails fitted though, so its probably deceiving to think of it as just 180 seats.

looks more like 300 seats there to me.

Can’t see it being ready for the 5th. That’s 26 days away and we have installed 180 seats according to this thread. The far end closest too the roseburn still seems miles away from being ready. Obua, what’s your thoughts on completion and the 5th, you think this is do able? Defo worth waiting for, looks incredible, even more so when you compare it to the 94 picture. 

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Re the size of the "Tynecastle Park" sign, I noticed that there are five brackets across the width of four windows, immediately above the space allocated for the crest.  The crest is two windows wide, so it looks as if the lettering will be between four and five windows wide. 

Understated, but fine by me, although I agree with FA that it might have been better with "Heart of Midlothian FC" above the crest.

"TYNECASTLE PARK" will stretch over five bays of curtainwalling - around 7125mm overall length.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Can’t see it being ready for the 5th. That’s 26 days away and we have installed 180 seats according to this thread. The far end closest too the roseburn still seems miles away from being ready. Obua, what’s your thoughts on completion and the 5th, you think this is do able? Defo worth waiting for, looks incredible, even more so when you compare it to the 94 picture. 

The other thing is, whilst we're due to play in it on the 5th, which is 26 days away - the date it'll need to be finished (to a certain standard at least) and signed off for safety inspections and whatever else will be a bit sooner than that.

Do we know how late we can get the required certification? I think someone previously suggested a week before?! That would put us closer to 20 days left.

Still not ready for a panic just yet, but things are certainly going to be very tight that's a given.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Agree. Don't get me wrong, I'll love it when it's all done but we have the greatest name in football so what not state it? Just my personal preference.

The famous badge says it all.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The railing will be the same height as in the other 3 stands.

Just now, Thomaso said:

The railing will be the same height as in the other 3 stands.

So presumably that does not impede their view never having sat in the front row before I don't know, cheers.

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Does this mean that those sitting towards the back in section S for example (where I sit) will be able to exit the ground from the back?

While i have my doubts on the date i would say that it appears we are adding all the rails across the whole stand so it should be quicker to then put the seats in.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can't think that fitting the seats is on the critical path. Seems a straightforwar thing to do. 

It's not the seats that'll hold things back. It's not going to be ready though.

Allowayjambo1874

I'm sure when Celtic developed parkhead they had a friendly lined up and they literally got the safety certificate on the morning of the game? Could be my memory is playing up though.

Tynie looks fantastic in the aerial shot but with half the lower decking still needing to be fitted and the Roseburn end needing completing just can’t see it being done in the time frame. Hopefully I’m being pessimistic and all will be well. 

57 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Ehh ????

I said

"Skyline Lounge screw up ?????

It's a football stand to watch football not a tourist attraction to see the castle........

Go to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle....... "

Where did I make stuff up about the lounge ??????

What? :laugh:

The Skyline lounge isn't for watching football. It's absolutely an attraction, not just for tourists, that's statement feature is a view to the castle. Why would you pretend that's not what it is? 

"Got to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle" - should that be the Skyline Lounge slogan? :laugh: deary me. I can see why there's a hatred of the pessimists on this, but for me this head in the sand blind optimism thing is way way worse. 

Mr Brightside
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can't think that fitting the seats is on the critical path. Seems a straightforwar thing to do. 

I would expect that it is or it should be, no seats no stand available for use.  Straightforward tasks can also be included on a critical path.

I've posted a few new pictures on the FB group this morning. Nothing too exciting and all from the street. You can see progress on the pavements around the plaza and the cladding.

Obua, you often ask what people want to see photo wise, my preference would be a view from the Wheatfield / Roseburn of the stand so that we can see clearer progress of lower sections, dugouts and seats and more views of the steps by the Gorgie end corner and the walkway between the two, it's been a couple of weeks since we saw the steel work for that go in.

41 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

What? :laugh:

The Skyline lounge isn't for watching football. It's absolutely an attraction, not just for tourists, that's statement feature is a view to the castle. Why would you pretend that's not what it is? 

"Got to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle" - should that be the Skyline Lounge slogan? :laugh: deary me. I can see why there's a hatred of the pessimists on this, but for me this head in the sand blind optimism thing is way way worse. 

Hahaha

i go to games to watch football not to have a 30 second look at the castle. Why are folk so hung up on the need to have a view of the castle ?

Personally pay for hospitality once a year so will have a look and say "that's nice".

Majority of supporters won't even bother about this view or have the opportunity to see it.

Just now, Brave Hearts said:

Hahaha

i go to games to watch football not to have a 30 second look at the castle. Why are folk so hung up on the need to have a view of the castle ?

Personally pay for hospitality once a year so will have a look and say "that's nice".

Majority of supporters won't even bother about this view or have the opportunity to see it.

The sky lounge will be used on non match days. View of the castle would’ve been a good selling point. Viewing deck going to added on the roof at some point apparently, not all lost!

8 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Hahaha

Just because you, and the majority of other fans, won't actually use the Sky Lounge facility, that doesn't mean it isn't important to the club, and therefore something that fans will be interested in. If you're only interested in stuff that you personally will use, feel free to just discuss just that stuff, but let others discuss other aspects of the build if they care about, or are interested in them.

1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

Hahaha

The stand isn't being built just for you... :laugh:

Part of the reason for this new development is to expand on our corporate facilities and have the main stand be usable all year round, not just at the weekends. Part of these facilities, the jewel in the crown some might say, is the Skyline Lounge. It's been designed, presented, and advertised with a focus on the view that it offers of, wait for it, the Edinburgh Skyline. Budge has apparently said herself she's disappointed with the true view compared to the advertised view. Nobody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, Brave Heart. I'm happy for you that you don't use these facilities, but if they're not up to the standard we expected them to be then they're going to be a harder sell and ultimately impact any future earning potential. A lot of posters on here have put their hard earned cash into the stand, and with fan ownership on the horizon, it's completely acceptable for supporters to query and have feelings about something you personally may never use. 

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just because you, and the majority of other fans, won't actually use the Sky Lounge facility, that doesn't mean it isn't important to the club, and therefore something that fans will be interested in. If you're only interested in stuff that you personally will use, feel free to just discuss just that stuff, but let others discuss other aspects of the build if they care about, or are interested in them.

That's it guys, no more seating updates unless it's a picture of Brave Hearts' seat. Why would he need to see images of any other seat? It's a waste of his time and we should be ashamed.

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

I would expect that it is or it should be, no seats no stand available for use.  Straightforward tasks can also be included on a critical path.

Just because we need them to be there doesn't necessarily put them on the critical path, but going off topic here. :smile:

12 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

The stand isn't being built just for you... :laugh:

Part of the reason for this new development is to expand on our corporate facilities and have the main stand be usable all year round, not just at the weekends. Part of these facilities, the jewel in the crown some might say, is the Skyline Lounge. It's been designed, presented, and advertised with a focus on the view that it offers of, wait for it, the Edinburgh Skyline. Budge has apparently said herself she's disappointed with the true view compared to the advertised view. Nobody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, Brave Heart. I'm happy for you that you don't use these facilities, but if they're not up to the standard we expected them to be then they're going to be a harder sell and ultimately impact any future earning potential. A lot of posters on here have put their hard earned cash into the stand, and with fan ownership on the horizon, it's completely acceptable for supporters to query and have feelings about something you personally may never use. 

Where has she said this?