Brexit?

aussieh

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Italy's oldest bank on the brink of collapse, share price was suspended after reports that the ECB had refused a request by the bank for more time to raise ?5bn. 

What sort of domino effect this will have with other Italian banks, other EU banks possibly and maybe even the Euro itself, only time will tell.

http://news.sky.com/story/worlds-oldest-bank-monte-dei-paschi-in-share-price-plunge-10689320

Italy's oldest bank on the brink of collapse, share price was suspended after reports that the ECB had refused a request by the bank for more time to raise ?5bn.

What sort of domino effect this will have with other Italian banks, other EU banks possibly and maybe even the Euro itself, only time will tell.

http://news.sky.com/story/worlds-oldest-bank-monte-dei-paschi-in-share-price-plunge-10689320

What a mess the EU is.

Lets press on and get out.

Real error of judgement by remain voters.

The vote last week in italy merely brought this forward but everyone knew it was coming.

Germany will feel this directly.

Thank goodness we have the ?

What a mess the EU is.

Lets press on and get out.

Real error of judgement by remain voters.

The vote last week in italy merely brought this forward but everyone knew it was coming.

Germany will feel this directly.

Thank goodness we have the ?

The Italian referendum is about a lot more than Europe. And Italy's issues stem from a lack of productive economy (pre-eurozone and post) and also from very archaic laws on how their nation is run resulting in no stability.

But yes, the EU is at fault for it all.

The Italian referendum is about a lot more than Europe. And Italy's issues stem from a lack of productive economy (pre-eurozone and post) and also from very archaic laws on how their nation is run resulting in no stability.

And the Euro of course, it's rigid structure hampers and indeed suppresses growth in the weaker economies, this is why there is such stagnation/weak growth within the Eurozone.

Italy is a basket case, has been for quite some time and it's only a matter of time before the banks & the country goes bankrupt and when it does it'll make Greece look like a minor little blip.   

The big problem the EU has, is, it probably can't afford to bail Italy out, certainly not in the way it bailed Greece, Spain, Portugal or Ireland out.

Everyone has been looking at Greece whilst it has always been Italy that was always going to be the yoke around the EU's neck.

And the Euro of course, it's rigid structure hampers and indeed suppresses growth in the weaker economies, this is why there is such stagnation/weak growth within the Eurozone.

Italy is a basket case, has been for quite some time and it's only a matter of time before the banks & the country goes bankrupt and when it does it'll make Greece look like a minor little blip.

The big problem the EU has, is, it probably can't afford to bail Italy out, certainly not in the way it bailed Greece, Spain, Portugal or Ireland out.

Everyone has been looking at Greece whilst it has always been Italy that was always going to be the yoke around the EU's neck.

Plus the fact that italian debt is so intertwined with German finances.

Everyone has known this would happen.

Yes it was but the reason the referendum was so important in the short term was exactly this.

To put through measures for the exact amount needed to save the banks albeit put the inevitable back.

I dont blame the EU for italys political system.

But anyone wanting to remain part of it when the evidence was there didn't understand .

Poor little remainers blindly led by the establishment .

Lucky for them theres informed voters like me.

Viva la brexit!

Yes it was but the reason the referendum was so important in the short term was exactly this.

To put through measures for the exact amount needed to save the banks albeit put the inevitable back.

I dont blame the EU for italys political system.

But anyone wanting to remain part of it when the evidence was there didn't understand .

Poor little remainers blindly led by the establishment .

Lucky for them theres informed voters like me.

Viva la brexit!

These reforms were designed to redraw Italian government by reducing the power of the Senate, bringing in a new form of regional government, to cut down corruption (huge in southern Italy) and to help produce a system which didn't mean an election every 3 years due to instability in parliament.

It was hijacked as a protest against the EU.

And you sound like Space Sprat with the remoaners nonsense. Be an adult and stop engaging in crap like this. We've had the vote. It's done. Accept some people disagree with you on things and stop viewing it purely through the EU debate.

I was being deliberately nippy.

Yes the referendum was about many things to do with how Italy is governed.

But the consequence of it failing would mean Italys banks could not be re capitalised.

8 italian banks are ready to go bust.

This is going to affect German finances and further weaken the euro.

This is a brexit thread im hardly being out of order talking about the EU on this.

Also hijacking the referendum may not suit your agenda but it suited the majority of italians.

Or are they all little italians.

Anyway i will try not to go all spacey again.

Space Mackerel

These reforms were designed to redraw Italian government by reducing the power of the Senate, bringing in a new form of regional government, to cut down corruption (huge in southern Italy) and to help produce a system which didn't mean an election every 3 years due to instability in parliament.

It was hijacked as a protest against the EU.

And you sound like Space Sprat with the remoaners nonsense. Be an adult and stop engaging in crap like this. We've had the vote. It's done. Accept some people disagree with you on things and stop viewing it purely through the EU debate.

I was being deliberately nippy.

Yes the referendum was about many things to do with how Italy is governed.

But the consequence of it failing would mean Italys banks could not be re capitalised.

8 italian banks are ready to go bust.

This is going to affect German finances and further weaken the euro.

This is a brexit thread im hardly being out of order talking about the EU on this.

Also hijacking the referendum may not suit your agenda but it suited the majority of italians.

Or are they all little italians.

Anyway i will try not to go all spacey again.

9003440007533a408706dcb36baa737e.jpg

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

You'll be hoping for a brutal winter, no doubt.

Question (genuine one): do you use a variety of social media, or do you pick and choose the ones that fit your view?

Won't matter soon enough though, we will all be reading the same shit and lies again.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/12/twitter-facebook-censorship-mainstream-media-denial/

http://theduran.com/ghost-banning-on-social-media-the-start-of-systematic-censorship/

• 4 weeks later...
zoltan socrates

BofE announce that britain has the strongest economy globally and that the harbingers of post brexit britains doom had had a michael fish moment in forecasting disaster

Chuckle

BofE announce that britain has the strongest economy globally and that the harbingers of post brexit britains doom had had a michael fish moment in forecasting disaster

Chuckle

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/lack-of-brexit-effects-proves-brexit-has-not-yet-happened-20160915113825

Maybe because without invoking Article 50 amd knowing the terms on which we deal with EU nations it's hard to tell what Brexit means and the impact of that...

Chuckle

The EU is a financual basket case.

Hurrah for us thickos .

AlphonseCapone

It amazing that so many folk don't grasp we haven't left the EU yet. All this cheerleading on every wee bit of news that nothing has collapsed yet. Why would it? Everything is essentially the same as the day before the referendum.

It's like a fat guy announcing dieting is easy while tucking into a burger, it doesn't get hard till you've actually started.

For all our sakes, I hope every expert was wrong and everything is great.

zoltan socrates

USA have explicitly told us that we're at the back of the queue for trade deals.

Japan have sent a 15 page document saying the same thing and also warning that they may pull their car factories out of the UK.

And so it begins.

Chuckle

It amazing that so many folk don't grasp we haven't left the EU yet. All this cheerleading on every wee bit of news that nothing has collapsed yet. Why would it? Everything is essentially the same as the day before the referendum.

It's like a fat guy announcing dieting is easy while tucking into a burger, it doesn't get hard till you've actually started.

Eh?

Think you will find the opposite.

Queues formed to tell all how stupid and disastrous it was.

Everything was blamed on brexit.

The Guardian ran daily news along with twice weekly columns.

Cheerleeding ok i admit ive got a bit touchy about it.

zoltan socrates

I agree, nothing has changed and we havent left yet, makes it all the more curious as to why remainers are expecting their 350million nhs payments now and using that as 'proof' that 'we wir lied to'

At every turn so far, leaving the eu is indicating that we chose wisely

Snigger

AlphonseCapone

I agree, nothing has changed and we havent left yet, makes it all the more curious as to why remainers are expecting their 350million nhs payments now and using that as 'proof' that 'we wir lied to'

At every turn so far, leaving the eu is indicating that we chose wisely

Snigger

Using the discredited by all sides ?350 million figure to make a point is definitely worthy of a snigger.

AlphonseCapone

Eh?

Think you will find the opposite.

Queues formed to tell all how stupid and disastrous it was.

Everything was blamed on brexit.

The Guardian ran daily news along with twice weekly columns.

Cheerleeding ok i admit ive got a bit touchy about it.

To confirm, claiming anything positively or negatively on either side just now, it's stupid.

None of us have any idea until after the negotiations whether this will be a disaster or a success, anyone claiming otherwise is a charlatan.

We've made our bed, hopefully it's comfy to lie in.

zoltan socrates

Using the discredited by all sides ?350 million figure to make a point is definitely worthy of a snigger.

Totally agree, dont inow why the remainers use it

AlphonseCapone

Totally agree, dont inow why the remainers use it

Probably because it was plastered on a bus for some reason. When you crave attention that much, you'll likely get it.

Did they not calculate the real figure to be in the ?100 million range, no idea why they didn't just run with that, large enough to make the same point surely.

zoltan socrates

To confirm, claiming anything positively or negatively on either side just now, it's stupid.

None of us have any idea until after the negotiations whether this will be a disaster or a success, anyone claiming otherwise is a charlatan.

We've made our bed, hopefully it's comfy to lie in.

Its not stupid, ill informed maybe but we can make a good estimate based on reactions in europe and around the world

We have folk queuing up to form trade deals with us, the eu dowsnt look to have that long left, are countries going to make it hard for britain when they are going to need britain after the inevitable collapse of the eu? I dont think so, all the bluster from the eu is jyst that, hot air and threats from a dying animal that deludes itself that it is still viable

Im very sure that our bed will be nice and comfy

zoltan socrates

Probably because it was plastered on a bus for some reason. When you crave attention that much, you'll likely get it.

Did they not calculate the real figure to be in the ?100 million range, no idea why they didn't just run with that, large enough to make the same point surely.

After brexit i think we will see greater funding for the nhs

The remain side have been a bit snidey in calling the 350m bullshit then, once their campaign failed, they demand it despite the fact we havent left yet, cherrypicking to suit their agenda.....which has already failed, someone needs to tell them

Think you are right with the 100m, makes the same point and a more realistic spend

Francis Albert

Economists are now (at last) admitting that their forecasts of a recession and general economic doom immediately following a vote for Brexit were wildly out (one said it was their Michael Fish moment). The Remain side seized on the forecasts and derided anyone who suggested that "experts" often get things wrong. The economists now admitting they got their forecasts of immediate post-Brexit impacts  totally wrong are also admitting that they totally failed to predict the 2008 financial crisis.

Yet the Guardian still, whenever it reluctantly reports a bit of good economic news, immediately caveats it with "but experts predict that " some form of doom awaits around the corner.

zoltan socrates

The Remain side seized on the forecasts and derided anyone who suggested that "experts" often get things wrong.

I think that gives us carte blanche to call the remainers thickos then, doesn't it?

Of course it doesnt, we have, and have displayed, more class than that

jack D and coke

The thing is with these referendums, the Indy one etc is how would you ever know if the other result would've been better? It's just daft once it's done and dusted to keep harping on. If it had been a Yes in the Indy and a remain in the EU what could you really base it on saying ah but it would've been better/worse if it had went that way....it's ****ing stupid. It's all moot.

People need to grow up once these things are done and stop agitating because it didn't go their way.

Its not stupid, ill informed maybe but we can make a good estimate based on reactions in europe and around the world

We have folk queuing up to form trade deals with us, the eu dowsnt look to have that long left, are countries going to make it hard for britain when they are going to need britain after the inevitable collapse of the eu? I dont think so, all the bluster from the eu is jyst that, hot air and threats from a dying animal that deludes itself that it is still viable

Britain?

Tick tock

I think that gives us carte blanche to call the remainers thickos then, doesn't it?

Of course it doesnt, we have, and have displayed, more class than that

Class :rofl:

You'll probably say everything the experts said about Scottish Indy was bang on.

Britnatz voted for no more foreigners, end of.

More funding for the nhs :rofl: Good one.

IIRC in the original BoE forecast the triggering of article 50 was not mentioned, the BoE's prediction was based on the immediate aftermath of a leave vote, in their defence, perhaps they expected along with everybody else that article 50 would have been triggered the day after the vote, just like Cameron had promised it would have been, so maybe they thought that it would have been a given that a leave result and the triggering of article 50 would have happened within 24-48 hours of each other.

As others have said nothing has happened as yet, maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will, time will tell, however as time has gone by from the result, Britain's economy has improved and become stronger, which means come the time for article 50 being triggered then perhaps Britain is in a far better shape to deal with any fall-out than it was back in June.

How anyone including the media and politicians can still bleat on about how much a disaster this will be, is beyond me when nobody and I mean nobody knows how the negotiations will eventually turn out.

However, in saying that there are far too many people, politicians amongst them who can't wait to see the UK crash and burn rather than admit they might just have got things wrong.

I see the level of debate has been raised.

Maybe I should use fake news posts and then kid on I don't believe them bit really do.

Anybody who believes 9/11 and Michelle Obama CTs ain't worth talking to.

Oh, see these trade deals you and Zz are on about, they come with free movement. Cannae Wait to see the Brits faces when half of India start moving into expelled EU citizens homes.

Here, have another :rofl:

The Comedian

Class :rofl:

You'll probably say everything the experts said about Scottish Indy was bang on.

Britnatz voted for no more foreigners, end of.

More funding for the nhs :rofl: Good one.

Thank god.

I've fair cooled on Scottish Independence. Imagine the place being left to the SNP and it's collection of right-on ******s.

:cornette:

The UK doesn't have that long left, are Britain /England /rUK going to make it hard for Scotland when they are going to need Scotland after the inevitable collapse of the UK? I dont think so, all the bluster from the UK is just that, hot air and threats from a dying animal that deludes itself that it is still viable

Bang on

Francis Albert

Maybe I should use fake news posts and then kid on I don't believe them bit really do.

Oh, see these trade deals you and Zz are on about, they come with free movement. Cannae Wait to see the Brits faces when half of India start moving into expelled EU citizens homes.

So Nafta comes with with free movement of Mexicans (and Canadians) to the USA?

Thanks for providing your own smilies.

Making up stuff now aussie .

Never once mentioned obamas wife.

9/11 is a different matter but you bash on.

One question aussie since it seems that a third of snp members voted brexit are they all britnatz ?

Show me a fake news post ive used btw?

Also you cant have it all ways you continually complain about the bbc and other anti indy press.

So who is it you believe?

Try posting without the silly little men rolling about.

Are you an adult ffs?

Making up stuff now aussie .

Never once mentioned obamas wife.

9/11 is a different matter but you bash on.

One question aussie since it seems that a third of snp members voted brexit are they all britnatz ?

Show me a fake news post ive used btw?

Also you cant have it all ways you continually complain about the bbc and other anti indy press.

So who is it you believe?

Try posting without the silly little men rolling about.

Are you an adult ffs?

Britnatz have joined the SNP, Yes.

Britnat.

zoltan socrates

Bang on

Perfect example of leftist revisionism there, its what they do, predictably

Its why they are dying

zoltan socrates

Nothing but insults and jibes from the predictables

Nothing tangible to offer other than their teenage dreams of utopia with hammers and syckles

Hating their lives in this changing climate

Guffaw

Space Mackerel

Looks like the NHS is falling to pieces down South with the Red Cross getting called in.

Where's the money? :lol:

Looks like the NHS is falling to pieces down South with the Red Cross getting called in.

NHS Scotland isn't much better right now, it's also at breaking point.

Space Mackerel

NHS Scotland isn't much better right now, it's also at breaking point.

Really? Did you read that on the BBC?

AlphonseCapone

Really? Did you read that on the BBC?

It's well established tbh. Several Boards are essentially bankrupt.

The country really needs a mature conversation about the NHS.

Strange post for a brexit thread.

But i suppose you're trying to link the two of them.

Like AlphonseCapone says the nhs needs mature discussion.

The demographic nature of the country and the need to ask what the nhs should cover health wise.

Free prescriptions while honourable really should revert back to ability to pay.

With obvious exceptions to long term illness.

Asides from this makeral i think you allude to the money saved from exiting the EU.

Can i ask you as i asked aussie what do say to the 3rd of snp voters who also voted brexit ?

Or do you just post dogmatic rhetoric from memes on facebook .

jack D and coke

It's well established tbh. Several Boards are essentially bankrupt.

The country really needs a mature conversation about the NHS.

In SNP Scotland? Can't possibly be?!??

I'm joking of course but I wish people would stop using the NHS as a stick to beat people with in arguments.

You're right there needs to be a big discussion about it but is that even possible nowadays? Especially with social media. It's pretty obvious that politics is so polarised now that anything resembling sane discussion is virtually impossible. I occasionally venture into these debates now but quickly check out again as it descends into the narrow minded views about who's 100% right and 100% wrong.

It's mind numbing.

Archived