summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

Jambof3tornado

They are also looking at a Chelsea 19 year old on loan apparently

A stop gap until they can pick up Paterson for a development fee.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are also looking at a Chelsea 19 year old on loan apparently

I had seen that it was Rangers2012 after that Chelsea player.

Got told from a fairly good source that we are interested in Gary Mackay-Steven.

Be a pity to lose paterson for less than a decent fee. It would be a disaster if he was to move along the m8 for anything but silly money.

Damage is already done by letting his contract run down to this short a period. Whether that's the players wish or our fault, who knows, but we'll take anything we can get for him now.

Its not a disaster though. He is over rated and isn't good enough to be Celtic's right back so its no problem for us for him to go there if they are paying half decent money.

Clerry Jambo

Got told from a fairly good source that we are interested in Gary Mackay-Steven.

That could be a good shout

Unknown user

More than anything else we need a creative spark, I'd be happy with that

heartsfc_fan

Would be happy with that

Fort Vallance

Would Celtic strengthen a rival just to cut their wage bill ?

I wonder in someone is moving the other way.

I had seen that it was Rangers2012 after that Chelsea player.

If Celtic are looking to strengthen the right back area and they have a choice between Paterson & Ola Aina (I'm assuming this is who you're referring too) they will be taking Ola Aina all day long.

Equally if Rangers are talking to Chelsea bout Aina they have a cracking young player on their hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours kicking about on Norwich fc forums that Tony Andreu is being lined up for a loan move here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumours kicking about on Norwich fc forums that Tony Andreu is being lined up for a loan move here

I'd be delighted with that.

That would be a very good loan deal if true!

After losing 2?0 to Hibernian in the first leg, Andreu scored a last minute goal, in a 2?0 win against Hibernian, to keep the scoreline alive on aggregate. The match would keep going until it went on penalty shoot-out. Hamilton would win 4?3 on penalty shoot-out to relegate Hibernian and promoting Hamilton to Scottish Premiership, which Andreu convert the second penalty in the shoot-out.

Get him in!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paddy_davitt_tony_andreu_is_a_victim_of_circumstance_at_norwich_city_1_4612553

Tony Andreu was Alex Neil?s maiden signing as Norwich City boss. The Frenchman is yet to make a first team start for the Canaries.

Those two statements alone would suggest only a supreme optimist sees the personable 28-year-old edging out any number of higher-profile team mates to earn a regular starting spot at Carrow Road. Andreu came south in Neil?s slipstream from Hamilton Academical with a reputation as a free-scoring, technically-proficient attacking midfielder.

Norwich?s rapid rise under Neil stunted any chance for Andreu to showcase that talent. The stakes were too high and in rivals like Wes Hoolahan or Jonny Howson, and later Graham Dorrans, the Norwich manager had more established options at his disposal.

Andreu was a deadline arrival in January 2015 with City unable to push through a deal for Dorrans. By the time the Scot arrived, on loan ahead of a permanent switch from West Brom, it was clear Andreu would struggle to bridge that divide and make an immediate impact.

Neil spoke of the increased physical demands and the athletic requirements of competing in the Championship during that initial phase compared to the Scottish top flight.

Given Andreu struggled to make any impression in City?s surge to promotion it was no surprise he failed to play one minute of the club?s doomed Premier League bid.

An extended loan stint at Rotherham, where he scored twice in 11 outings for the Millers, was a limited body of work for a player who has remained largely on the periphery. That is the nature of business.

Andreu may have two years left on his Carrow Road contract but it would hardly come as a surprise if this season brings more loan exposure or a permanent break. Neil has brought in Coventry City starlet James Maddison to push the likes of Hoolahan and Steven Naismith in that creative link role. Maddison is seen as the future, Hoolahan and Naismith the present and the brutal reality is Andreu may be the past.

This is not just about what Neil deems best for the Canaries but what is in the best interests of a player who may in the weeks and months ahead reach the same conclusion as Norwich predecessors such as Elliott Bennett over when is a good time to move on.

Neil clearly values Andreu, given the prominent role he played in the duo?s success at Hamilton, but this is a different landscape and a difficult challenge. Just like the Scot had precious little time for experimentation when he first arrived to trigger that successful play-off push, there is a premium on Norwich hitting the ground running when they kick-off the new campaign back at the same level. Andreu may find himself a victim of circumstance once again.

Hemmings away to Oxford United wtf

Oxford have cash to splash after selling their best player for ?3 million earlier in the summer

They have made a number of signings this season with the money..........local press have it in the ?325,000 range however there is talk he had a ?250,000 buy out clause

Awfully quiet.

Has the German defender signed or not?

Pretty sure we would have heard if he'd signed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oxford have cash to splash after selling their best player for ?3 million earlier in the summer

They have made a number of signings this season with the money..........local press have it in the ?325,000 range however there is talk he had a ?250,000 buy out clause

Another example of the current status of Scottish football

All roads lead to Gorgie

Awfully quiet.

Has the German defender signed or not?

Have I missed something but who is the German Defender ?

hearing that delgado is training with the 20's

Did you hear the reason why?

Crossed fingers. Would be delighted if that's the type of player we're targeting. There's definitely a gap in our midfield that needs filled by someone like Andreu.

Did you hear the reason why?

He's going back to Spain. Didn't hear he was training with the 20s tho. He may well be get they feeling he's in the cream puff!

He's going back to Spain. Didn't hear he was training with the 20s tho. He may well be get they feeling he's in the cream puff!

Good, any idea how soon?

Ffs I was wondering who the **** Delgado was - thought he was a new u20s player we were interested in....

Juanma Delgado Lloria

No-one at Hearts calls him Delgado though. Which is why I'm inclined not to take any notice of the "info"

No-one at Hearts calls him Delgado though. Which is why I'm inclined not to take any notice of the "info"

He's seemingly going home. Some b division side. He's not happy at being 4th choice and we want the wages for another player....i can't imagine too many tears will be shed by either party.

Blowing my own trumpet here but I called this about two week ago. 1 to 1.5 seasons is about his average at clubs.

I'd actually be a bit disappointed if he goes. For the most part I'd love to boot him up the hole and pack him right back on the plane but on rare occasions he's been fantastic. More down to attitude rather than ability unfortunately !

Maybe Juanma is finally getting that ?2million move to Celtic a few tipped him for after only a handful of games.,,,,

Maybe Rodgers doesn't rate the guy and therefore he would not feel he would strengthen us by allowing him to leave.

Having said that I doubt we would get half a season out of him as he is very injury prone much like Andy Driver

Does anyone know if we are in talks with anyone currently? (apart from Appiah who was on trial).

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Ffs I was wondering who the **** Delgado was - thought he was a new u20s player we were interested in....

Seriously?

My source tells me that Juanma is training with the U20s and may be on his way out. Don't shoot the messenger guys.

Jambof3tornado

Does anyone know if we are in talks with anyone currently? (apart from Appiah who was on trial).

Is appiah still with us?

Is appiah still with us?

Anyone know anything about this? I think it was FF who said this guy looked a player when he played as a trialist at Riccarton.

Some players linked with us have also been linked with Dundee on twitter but seems to be speculation rather than hard facts

'Dundee have moved to quash rumours they are set to make a move for any one of Celtic trio Nadir Ciftci, Gary Mackay-Steven and Scott Allan.

The Hoops attacking threesome, all formerly of city rivals Dundee United, could find themselves made available for transfer by Parkhead boss Brendan Rodgers this summer.

Rumours, which soon escalated online, had suggested loan moves for Ciftci and Allan were being considered by the Dark Blues.

Some even went as far as to suggest that a switch back to the City of Discovery for Mackay-Steven was close to being agreed, with Dundee paying only a fraction of his wages.

But club sources have told the Tele all three are well out of Dundee boss Paul Hartley?s price bracket.'

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/no-loan-moves-for-celtic-trio/

Archived