Kodi again

Unknown user

Rudolf's Mate

I had the dependencies not met issue (Exodus) and then failed to auto update. I was able to manually do it though.

Noticed they've tweaked a few things and in particular the Trakt menus.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

heartsfc_fan

Magic cheers. It was installed through the fusion thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Happened to me aswell with Exodus. Manually add it back in does the trick.

Pretty sure most folk would say to just buy a Firestick and load it yourself, it's not difficult.

yep, if you can follow simple instructions it is very easy to do

jack D and coke

Looking at getting into some of this...

Has anyone bought a firestick from these guys?

https://www.tvsticks.co.uk

Don't entertain any of these thieves. Buy the thing yourself it's an absolute doddle to do. Don't buy a firestick either they're baws. Spend a wee bit more on the AFTV box or something you'll only end up buying something better anyway. Edited by jack D and coke

Gimme an H...

Don't entertain any of these thieves. Buy the thing yourself it's an absolute doddle to do. Don't buy a firestick either they're baws. Spend a wee bit more on the AFTV box or something you'll only end up buying something better anyway.

Cool, how much are those?

For some reason I thought the firestick was about ?60 anyway so that's why I thought the firestick site looked a pretty good deal. I like to think I'm pretty good with tech so will probably go for it myself!

jack D and coke

Cool, how much are those?

For some reason I thought the firestick was about ?60 anyway so that's why I thought the firestick site looked a pretty good deal. I like to think I'm pretty good with tech so will probably go for it myself!

AFTV box is around ?80 but you'll be hard pushed to find better. The new T8 is around ?100 but supposed to be a great box too.

Rudolf's Mate

Yep 2 Firesticks here and 2 Fire boxes. Gave the sticks away as they struggled with live sports!

AlimOzturk

Yep 2 Firesticks here and 2 Fire boxes. Gave the sticks away as they struggled with live sports!

Firestick works perfect for me.

AlimOzturk

Why did you buy Mania in the end?

Far more stable.

Don't think having a firebox would make any difference to the free streaming addons was sick of missing the start of games. Plus, the Mania guys are very supportive and will help out as much as possible.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Far more stable.

Don't think having a firebox would make any difference to the free streaming addons was sick of missing the start of games. Plus, the Mania guys are very supportive and will help out as much as possible.

Exodus on my stick was flawless. It was Mania that was the issue. I've used Mania for a long time and it was perfect to start with but I started having issues with HD streams so only picked SD. I eventually started having buffering on SD so I tried my box in the bedroom and it was perfect for HD on everything. As a result I bought the newer 4K box and stuck the 1st gen in the bedroom.

Because of the amount of times you and a few others have categorically stated they've had no issues with sticks I bought another as I thought there might have been an issue with the first one. Nope same thing.

If you go back through this thread you'll see me singing the praises of the stick when a few others had criticised it. Within weeks is started to have issues so I gave my honest opinion based on my experiences. You yourself said you had issues therefore purchased Mania. I appreciate it's probably been perfect since but up to the point you did you always came on saying that it was perfect for you.

If someone comes on asking whether to get a stick and people criticise it I think it would be better if people were honest and said yep it's great but if you want sports you'll need to get Mania otherwise it'll be a buffering piece of shit. Just saying mines perfect doesn't give the true story especially as you used to tell people there was no need to buy Mania as you had no issues finding perfect streams :lol:

Bottom line is the sticks great but it doesn't handle itself well if you've only got fair wifi signal whereas the box performs brilliantly even in poor signal.

AlimOzturk

Exodus on my stick was flawless. It was Mania that was the issue. I've used Mania for a long time and it was perfect to start with but I started having issues with HD streams so only picked SD. I eventually started having buffering on SD so I tried my box in the bedroom and it was perfect for HD on everything. As a result I bought the newer 4K box and stuck the 1st gen in the bedroom.

Because of the amount of times you and a few others have categorically stated they've had no issues with sticks I bought another as I thought there might have been an issue with the first one. Nope same thing.

If you go back through this thread you'll see me singing the praises of the stick when a few others had criticised it. Within weeks is started to have issues so I gave my honest opinion based on my experiences. You yourself said you had issues therefore purchased Mania. I appreciate it's probably been perfect since but up to the point you did you always came on saying that it was perfect for you.

If someone comes on asking whether to get a stick and people criticise it I think it would be better if people were honest and said yep it's great but if you want sports you'll need to get Mania otherwise it'll be a buffering piece of shit. Just saying mines perfect doesn't give the true story especially as you used to tell people there was no need to buy Mania as you had no issues finding perfect streams :lol:

Bottom line is the sticks great but it doesn't handle itself well if you've only got fair wifi signal whereas the box performs brilliantly even in poor signal.

Fair enough mate :thumbsup:

Unknown user

By the way, when it comes to jerky playback with mania, it's quite often an issue with something interfering. I was using mania through ivue epg and was getting jerky HD playback.

I bit the bullet and upgraded the epg to on.tapp and suddenly no HD jitters

jack D and coke

By the way, when it comes to jerky playback with mania, it's quite often an issue with something interfering. I was using mania through ivue epg and was getting jerky HD playback.

I bit the bullet and upgraded the epg to on.tapp and suddenly no HD jitters

Can also be your video acceleration settings too. Especially on my T8 box.

Rudolf's Mate

Tried various things to improve it however it was the signal upstairs in my bedroom that was the issue. I took the stick downstairs into another room and it was flawless.

The sticks decent but my point really was that the box works even in weak wifi areas whereas the stick doesn't.

The Comedian

I'm interested in something like this...

Link

That any good or any other suggestions? I found Kodi to be a let down.

Does anyone in Fife sort this kind of thing out? PM obviously.

Is the Hearts game on Hearts TV the morn? So I can remind the admin on Sports mania.

Edited by AlimOzturk

scottishguy

Is the Hearts game on Hearts TV the morn? So I can remind the admin on Sports mania.

Its on Premier Sports bud.

The Internet

It's on Thursday.

Rudolf's Mate

Amazon Prime day today. You can pick up a shitty stick for a meagre ?19.99 :wow: come with bufferzone installed as free :smugger:

The Nvidia Shield is down to ?99 & Fire TV ?55 :wow:

Anyone without Prime, you can just setup a new account with a new email address not previously used for Prime and get the free 30 day trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

jack D and coke

Amazon Prime day today. You can pick up a shitty stick for a meagre ?19.99 :wow: come with bufferzone installed as free :smugger:

Anyone without Prime, you can just setup a new account with a new email address not previously used for Prime and get the free 30 day trial.

Avoid the shitey sticks and get a box.

?55 is a bargain!

Rudolf's Mate

Avoid the shitey sticks and get a box.

?55 is a bargain!

That's even cheaper than I got my 1st gen (?59)

Could sign up for a year, buy 10 sticks, install kodi, sell them for standard ?35 each and make about a ?70 profit.....

But seriously, the AFTV box is the one to get for that price.

tried ultimate mania and its.fantastic. really lookong to try program this all into a tv guide.of sorts is it possible? dont really want to have to pay anymore money

Unknown user

tried ultimate mania and its.fantastic. really lookong to try program this all into a tv guide.of sorts is it possible? dont really want to have to pay anymore money

I had it working with ivue which is free but I ended up paying for on.tapp which is really good.

I found that ivue made the HD channels a bit jerky but I haven't had any problems with on.tapp

Just bought one the other day   :seething:

Rudolf's Mate

Could sign up for a year, buy 10 sticks, install kodi, sell them for standard ?35 each and make about a ?70 profit.....

But seriously, the AFTV box is the one to get for that price.

Most people in my family aren't interested in sports so I was going to buy a few and give them out. Turned out it was only 1 per person! For the stick anyway.

I'd read they've even put a limit on the normal orders of the sticks for individuals. Not sure what it is however it's been in place for a while apparently.

Rudolf's Mate

Makes sense to limit orders because it's kinda obvious what they'd be used for!

I saw a screenshot from one boy who'd previously ordered 25 and when he went back to order more it said he'd reached his limit! 

I thought I would put out my opinion of the Firestick, I have one as my main source in living room, and although occasional buffering on some live tv streams, most are OK , and all VOD including HD cannot be faulted, I find that as long as you keep it maintained using Raw maintenance, ie , clear cache, packages, thumbnails, and regularly reboot router, then all works perfect, for me anyway, so much so that I have ordered another 2 at ?20 each for other TVs in house.

Disser Pointon

Will tonight and next week's matches be covered by Hearts world and on Sportsmania, I took a 1 day pass for the last round but thinking of doing 3 months?

His name is
Is that box loaded with kodi and the channels? Fancy trying one but not very techy

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

mrmarkus1981

Will tonight and next week's matches be covered by Hearts world and on Sportsmania, I took a 1 day pass for the last round but thinking of doing 3 months?

Sportsmania has every sports channel you would ever need, all of the time IMO

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Disser Pointon

Sportsmania has every sports channel you would ever need, all of the time IMO

I just wasn't sure if the matches were being covered.

Is ultimate worth the extra?

mrmarkus1981

Never used that I'm afraid. Mrs won't get rid of sky so I don't need it. Think tonight's game is on Premier Sports, which is on Sportsmania

jack D and coke

Is that box loaded with kodi and the channels? Fancy trying one but not very techy

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just buy a box and do it yourself. It's very easy honestly. Don't pay anybody for stuff that is free.

It's much better that you learn a little about it anyway. Ask away on this thread you'll get plenty help you don't need to be geeky to do it yourself.

Disser Pointon

Never used that I'm afraid. Mrs won't get rid of sky so I don't need it. Think tonight's game is on Premier Sports, which is on Sportsmania

I've still got my Sky package as well but thought it was a more reliable source for streaming movies and TV shows than the likes of Exodus etc?

mrmarkus1981

I'm sure ultimate is for live TV, so you will get movie channels. Sportsmania for sport and I'd look into a real-debrid account to boost Exodus and salts. Flawless HD and Dolby 5.1 with no streaming on everything I watch