Kodi again

Unknown user

I can't confirm for sure but I think the issue is Exodus rather than actually RD. Google the issue and you'll see it was a problem for a few people a while back.

Unfortunately I've no idea what the fix is other than making sure Exodus is up to date.

Yeh it's definelty an exodus issue. Same episode of the same box set works fine on specto and SALTS with RD links. Everything on exodus runs for 20 odd minutes. I am due a rebuild, like you do now and again, so maybe it will iron itself out. Couldn't find a similar issue discussed anywhere on Google.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Yeh it's definelty an exodus issue. Same episode of the same box set works fine on specto and SALTS with RD links. Everything on exodus runs for 20 odd minutes. I am due a rebuild, like you do now and again, so maybe it will iron itself out. Couldn't find a similar issue discussed anywhere on Google.

I was sure this issue popped up for quite a few people a while back. I wasn't sure if it was relevant to Genesis or Exodus however I do remember it being talked about. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

From what I could see most seem to say make sure you're keeping on top of maintenance (deleting cache and purge packages) plus make sure its latest version of Exodus (version 2.0.2).

Unfortunately most of the questions asking to resolve they've been asked to upload their logs and didn't do it so they couldn't give a definitive solution.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

From what I could see most seem to say make sure you're keeping on top of maintenance (deleting cache and purge packages) plus make sure its latest version of Exodus (version 2.0.2).

Unfortunately most of the questions asking to resolve they've been asked to upload their logs and didn't do it so they couldn't give a definitive solution.

Cheers for that. Stopped doing it last night for some random reason

I'm new to Kodi and set it up using you tube videos. Was all working fine but last night everything I tried to watch came up with no streams available. Including shows I had already watched using it. Any advice on what had happened and how to fix it?

Cheers.

chester copperpot

I'm new to Kodi and set it up using you tube videos. Was all working fine but last night everything I tried to watch came up with no streams available. Including shows I had already watched using it. Any advice on what had happened and how to fix it?

Cheers.

What version are you using. Should say at the bottom as you click on the icon

chester copperpot

It looks like it says v161 Jarvis.

That's the same one as I have.

What add ons have you put in kodi. Im no way an expert btw, RM seems to be the go to guy in this case but will try help where I can.

Most of the stuff Ive done has been self taught from t'internet!

I have Exodus, Phoenix, Salts,Sports Devil, Decado Documentaries and you tube. All were working fine until last night. I'm shit at this kind of stuff.

mulleted_jambo

have you tried either restarting your firestick or updating the addons?

Clearing the cache regularly is improtant too.  If all apps are stopping theres a good chance thats what it will be.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers.

Fire sticks and boxes are notorious for coming unstuck with your ISP blocking the content. Most cases it'll occur off the bat and your have to disable something such as Smart Setup (BT) however it's called different thing on other providers. Think it's called shield on Sky or Virgin though might be wrong. If enabled if generally blocks your content. I've disabled it however router updates or me resetting the router has sometimes enabled it blocking the content again. Just google the name of your BB provider and add blocking Kodi. It'll then throw up instructions on how to disable it for that specific provider. Might not be that however start there.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I have Exodus, Phoenix, Salts,Sports Devil, Decado Documentaries and you tube. All were working fine until last night. I'm shit at this kind of stuff.

I couldn't access salts hd, last night. Went into add on info and updated it and it worked fine after.

got my amazon box and am finding trouble with the remote. it doesnt seem to work properly, sometimes i have to.turn off and on to get it too work.

bought at argos, should.i.just take back and try get a new one?

swapped batterys over several times and each time i change to new bats it then stops after a while as if changing batteries is reseting it or something. as the batteries are not dead.

Edited by Jambomuzz

Rudolf's Mate

got my amazon box and am finding trouble with the remote. it doesnt seem to work properly, sometimes i have to.turn off and on to get it too work.

bought at argos, should.i.just take back and try get a new one?

swapped batterys over several times and each time i change to new bats it then stops after a while as if changing batteries is reseting it or something. as the batteries are not dead.

Take the whole thing back and they'll exchange it.

Legend Claws

If I buy a Fire stick with Kodi, is that all the hardware I need (TV aside!). Also, is 50mg internet going to be fast enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

If I buy a Fire stick with Kodi, is that all the hardware I need (TV aside!). Also, is 50mg internet going to be fast enough?

50mb is brilliant. I don't recommend anybody to buy a stick they're bother. Up to you though I'm sure one particular poster will be on to tell you they're fine but I think they're pish. Spend a wee bit more and get a decent box. I bought one of these recently and it's excellent for the money.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/ebox-m5-s805-android-4-4-quad-core-smart-tv-box/

luckyBatistuta

Don't do it mate, buy the AFTV instead. I've set up about 30 odd firesticks now and they just don't run as smooth as the box. I've got all AFTV boxes in the house and not one has let me down. In a few months you will forget about the extra cash you paid for the AFTV, but will be chuffed with the performance of the box sitting by your tv.

Rudolf's Mate

50mb is brilliant. I don't recommend anybody to buy a stick they're bother. Up to you though I'm sure one particular poster will be on to tell you they're fine but I think they're pish. Spend a wee bit more and get a decent box. I bought one of these recently and it's excellent for the money.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/ebox-m5-s805-android-4-4-quad-core-smart-tv-box/

That's really interesting re the M5. I like my boxes to be small and unobtrusive and liked the look of the M5.

Unrelated: SPMC has had minor issues so I've uninstalled it. I'd kept Kodi on the box just in case however I'm back to being ****ed off that it's not on my recents. Small things plus I can use that workaround but it's still bugging me :lol:

jack D and coke

That's really interesting re the M5. I like my boxes to be small and unobtrusive and liked the look of the M5.

Unrelated: SPMC has had minor issues so I've uninstalled it. I'd kept Kodi on the box just in case however I'm back to being messed off that it's not on my recents. Small things plus I can use that workaround but it's still bugging me :lol:

[emoji1]you're no real mate!

M5 is exactly the same size as my T8 and looks identical. Maybe slightly slower but nothing really noticeable and for 50 sheets it's perfect.

Edited by jack D and coke

Rudolf's Mate

[emoji1]you're no real mate!

M5 is exactly the same size as my T8 and looks identical. Maybe slightly slower but nothing really noticeable and for 50 sheets it's perfect.

:lol:

Good to know as inlaws will probably be looking for one once they realise that stick I gave them is pish :gok:

Legend Claws

Great thanks for the info, box looks great.

Legend Claws

Don't do it mate, buy the AFTV instead. I've set up about 30 odd firesticks now and they just don't run as smooth as the box. I've got all AFTV boxes in the house and not one has let me down. In a few months you will forget about the extra cash you paid for the AFTV, but will be chuffed with the performance of the box sitting by your tv.

Thanks pal, looks like a good option. Happy to pay more for quality!

luckyBatistuta

Thanks pal, looks like a good option. Happy to pay more for quality!

It's brilliant mate, just remember not to stick it on top of a games console. They interfere with each other :oohmatron:

Just got an Openbox v8s from a mate, card sharing box as he has got another and it has a 18 month sub on it

Fwiw this is far superior to anything on Kodi for sports and live telly.

Still use Kodi for movies and things.

chester copperpot

Right my MBOX is starting to be a dick so I am thinking about spending a decent wedge to get a new one.

I have saved thousands over the last year with my mbox so want to get a decent one.

What would folk recommend? In the 200 quid range?

Edited by chester copperpot

invernessjt

Right my MBOX is starting to be a dick so I am thinking about spending a decent wedge to get a new one.

I have saved thousands over the last year with my mbox so want to get a decent one.

Nvidia Shield 

jack D and coke

Nvidia Shield

The shield is supposed to be the best thing to run it on. I haven't seen one myself but people do rave about them.

Other than that the new T8 V4 box is top notch, I just got one and it works brilliantly.

About 80 odd quid.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/ebox-t8-v4-tv-box-latest-kodi-smart-tv-box-t8-4/

Space Mackerel

Better just getting Sky HD, you can look at yourself in the morning and not feel guilty.

Plus it's all 720P at least and no hassle.

luckyBatistuta

Better just getting Sky HD, you can look at yourself in the morning and not feel guilty.

720p :rofl: and they have the cheek to call it Sky HD :rofl:

99% of my streams are 1080p these days....stop depriving your poor tv of a glorious picture

Step into the future...you might just like it.

Unknown user

Oh yeah, you're that "I earn a fortune" guy aren't you?

Not everyone can afford ivory towers, there was a moral judgement thread created specifically for that discussion.

Alternatively, if you just want to sing Sky's praises, feel free to start a new thread.

Edited by Smithee

Legend Claws

How would you go about recording something that you watch via a box?

luckyBatistuta

How would you go about recording something that you watch via a box?

What would you want to record? It's pretty much all on it, any time you want to view it.

luckyBatistuta

Great thanks for the info, box looks great.

Get the T-8 if you want the best one and you're not worried about price...https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/ebox-t8-v4-tv-box-latest-kodi-smart-tv-box-t8-4/

I know I've already said before peas, but I had the T8 and it was nowhere near as good as my AFTV for me. Still never had any problems with them. I did have a few issues with the T8, with certain builds though.

jack D and coke

I know I've already said before peas, but I had the T8 and it was nowhere near as good as my AFTV for me. Still never had any problems with them. I did have a few issues with the T8, with certain builds though.

No I'd have to agree mate. The only bugbear is the disappearing of the kodi icon on the 4K boxes and having to ***** about launching kodi. As far as size and performance goes you can't really beat the AFTV.

mrmarkus1981

I've got a 4k box and Kodi is in the recent apps area. Checked did update too and there wasn't any?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

mrmarkus1981

That came out weird. My kodi icon is still in the main screen and my box says it doesn't need updated. Seems odd that yours has went back to the old pissing about way of getting to it

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Amazon had that Prime day with the Shield being dropped to about ?100. I nearly bought it however decided against it after having a look on the Kodi website which changed my mind.

luckyBatistuta

No I'd have to agree mate. The only bugbear is the disappearing of the kodi icon on the 4K boxes and having to ###### about launching kodi. As far as size and performance goes you can't really beat the AFTV.

I'm still not having that problem on any of mine bud.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm still not having that problem on any of mine bud.

I've had Kodi vanish from my homescreen as well bud but only on my 4K box. Other than that I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

It's a small thing tbh however prior to that I had Fire Starter and was more than happy with it. Now that's been replaced with the workaround (Fire Stopper/Starter Fork) so I'm no worse off.

I gave the Nvidia Shield serious consideration however I looked on the Kodi forum and what started as people highly praising it (from release) went to people criticising it. Audio compatibility issues and even talk of support for Kodi being pulled on it. I appreciate most boxes have some issues but the AFTV & T8's seem to bypass the issues the majority of other boxes have.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

luckyBatistuta

I've had Kodi vanish from my homescreen as well bud but only on my 4K box. Other than that I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

It's a small thing tbh however prior to that I had Fire Starter and was more than happy with it. Now that's been replaced with the workaround (Fire Stopper/Starter Fork) so I'm no worse off.

I gave the Nvidia Shield serious consideration however I looked on the Kodi forum and what started as people highly praising it (from release) went to people criticising it. Audio compatibility issues and even talk of support for Kodi being pulled on it. I appreciate most boxes have some issues but the AFTV & T8's seem to bypass the issues the majority of other boxes have.

I find this really strange. I've got 5 of them and not had this problem on any of them. Heard about the support being pulled, hope that never happens. Also got Prime, which is great, especially when your buying stuff...click order and the doorbell goes :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

I find this really strange. I've got 5 of them and not had this problem on any of them. Heard about the support being pulled, hope that never happens. Also got Prime, which is great, especially when your buying stuff...click order and the doorbell goes :lol:

Sorry mate I meant support for Nvidia being pulled.

The icon vanishing from the main screens a weird one. Loads saying it's fine but many saying it's gone. Jacks vanished long before mine did and I thought I had got lucky. Still a minor thing though.

luckyBatistuta

Sorry mate I meant support for Nvidia being pulled.

The icon vanishing from the main screens a weird one. Loads saying it's fine but many saying it's gone. Jacks vanished long before mine did and I thought I had got lucky. Still a minor thing though.

Sorry bud, I thought you were talking about Kodi being pulled from the AFTV and firesticks. I'd heard rumours of that, don't know if they're under any sort of pressure. Can't see it though, as these must be flying off the shelves.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry bud, I thought you were talking about Kodi being pulled from the AFTV and firesticks. I'd heard rumours of that, don't know if they're under any sort of pressure. Can't see it though, as these must be flying off the shelves.

Aye the worry was that they flood the market then block the app. Thing is by blocking they add it to their block list which can apparently be circumvented.

Even if they did I'm pretty sure there's always going to be a workaround.