Kodi again

Unknown user

luckyBatistuta

Aye the worry was that they flood the market then block the app. Thing is by blocking they add it to their block list which can apparently be circumvented.

Even if they did I'm pretty sure there's always going to be a workaround.

Aye the worry was that they flood the market then block the app. Thing is by blocking they add it to their block list which can apparently be circumvented.

Even if they did I'm pretty sure there's always going to be a workaround.

Yeah, would be confident of that. Some seriously clever folk out there. My Sportsmania runs out next week and not sure whether to just take another 6 months, or get UltimateMania...what do you think?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

mrmarkus1981

Mines ran out today but the Mrs still won't cancel Sky. Another 6 months of sportsmania it is

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Mines ran out today but the Mrs still won't cancel Sky. Another 6 months of sportsmania it is

I honestly love it mate, some of the best money that I've ever spent. We are still on the basic package with sky, so the missus can watch all her Beverley hills housewives and other shoite like that :facepalm:

mrmarkus1981

Oh no no no. She's paying ?100 for the full sky package #ersehole

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah, would be confident of that. Some seriously clever folk out there. My Sportsmania runs out next week and not sure whether to just take another 6 months, or get UltimateMania...what do you think?

It fecked me off that much (losing it from the recent section) that I asked the question several places on how to change the package name. Sounded pretty easy reading it but it would seem it's not. Apparently you can change the name to anything.

My Mania is up on 16th of Aug and it's likely I'll get Ultimate seeing as it's only another ?24 for year. Smithee alluded to some channels stopping which might be annoying for me. Jack's was up for renewal any day and tbh if he said it's not worth it then I'd just get the sports again.

I could be wrong about this as I only had it on the iPad on in the background...

My only minor concern re Mania was how Sky was or seemed to be dealing with the golf. I couldn't see anywhere that they were showing the whole field. On SS4 it was reruns of previous tournaments and you needed to select the red button for other options (selected groups). Other channels had selected groups however the guess was you needed to select the red button for the option to have the whole field. I could be wrong though and perhaps I've missed something however if this was the case it causes some issues for us Mania guys.

luckyBatistuta

It fecked me off that much (losing it from the recent section) that I asked the question several places on how to change the package name. Sounded pretty easy reading it but it would seem it's not. Apparently you can change the name to anything.

My Mania is up on 16th of Aug and it's likely I'll get Ultimate seeing as it's only another ?24 for year. Smithee alluded to some channels stopping which might be annoying for me. Jack's was up for renewal any day and tbh if he said it's not worth it then I'd just get the sports again.

I could be wrong about this as I only had it on the iPad on in the background...

My only minor concern re Mania was how Sky was or seemed to be dealing with the golf. I couldn't see anywhere that they were showing the whole field. On SS4 it was reruns of previous tournaments and you needed to select the red button for other options (selected groups). Other channels had selected groups however the guess was you needed to select the red button for the option to have the whole field. I could be wrong though and perhaps I've missed something however if this was the case it causes some issues for us Mania guys.

The money difference between the two is definitely not an issue, as they are both ridiculously great value. I have also found the golf hasn't been the greatest through it, but my only other gripe is watching back VoD, as if you want to go back for something it freezes most of the time (don't know if it's me doing something wrong) I've just started chucking in bookmarks now, just in case this happens. At the end of the day though, it's not like we'd have nothing. If it all went tits up, we can just go back to throwing our money away with Sky like Davy, but with a better deal than him, as new customers. :lol:

Legend Claws

What would you want to record? It's pretty much all on it, any time you want to view it.

Fair enough then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

The money difference between the two is definitely not an issue, as they are both ridiculously great value. I have also found the golf hasn't been the greatest through it, but my only other gripe is watching back VoD, as if you want to go back for something it freezes most of the time (don't know if it's me doing something wrong) I've just started chucking in bookmarks now, just in case this happens. At the end of the day though, it's not like we'd have nothing. If it all went tits up, we can just go back to throwing our money away with Sky like Davy, but with a better deal than him, as new customers. :lol:

I've had to use TSN for the golf however that's also been following a selected group. Granted it's given updates however I prefer it when you get to see pretty much the whole field. Having it on the red button is pretty clever from Sky however I don't know if they had the option to watch the whole field or if it was just specific groups. If it's groups then I'm (we're) not missing anything as TSN has them covered. 

I've only used VoD a couple of times however it was fine when I did. Is there anything in particular? If you let me know I'll have a look and see if I get the same issue. 

You can get the whole Sky package for ?30pm for the year as a new customer which is incredible however I'd still be reluctant to give them that as I tend to have sports on in the background. Unless it's a big game or us playing that is. Most of my viewing is films and tv series so feck paying ?30 for that when it's pretty much free. 

Over the years I've looked at the other alternatives (Skybox, Dreambox, Zgemma etc) however everyone on the relevant forums said a downside is that it's SD and that they're temperamental and can be a right pain to setup. 

The Internet

That's ridiculous :lol: Just phone them and say you're cancelling. I pay ?38 for the full sky tv package without movies.

luckyBatistuta

That's what we were, but down to ?43 a month, as I've got 3 boxes. I certainly wouldn't be chucking that much away, when I've got Kodi and Mania.

luckyBatistuta

I've had to use TSN for the golf however that's also been following a selected group. Granted it's given updates however I prefer it when you get to see pretty much the whole field. Having it on the red button is pretty clever from Sky however I don't know if they had the option to watch the whole field or if it was just specific groups. If it's groups then I'm (we're) not missing anything as TSN has them covered. 

I've only used VoD a couple of times however it was fine when I did. Is there anything in particular? If you let me know I'll have a look and see if I get the same issue. 

You can get the whole Sky package for ?30pm for the year as a new customer which is incredible however I'd still be reluctant to give them that as I tend to have sports on in the background. Unless it's a big game or us playing that is. Most of my viewing is films and tv series so feck paying ?30 for that when it's pretty much free. 

Over the years I've looked at the other alternatives (Skybox, Dreambox, Zgemma etc) however everyone on the relevant forums said a downside is that it's SD and that they're temperamental and can be a right pain to setup.

Just when your watching an event back and you want to rewind to see something,it doesn't seem to work, just ends up freezing the whole thing.

Unknown user

Ultimate's not perfect, it's all about the compromise.

I suppose the best way to see if it'll work for you is with a short sub, see if it's acceptable to you or not - it's a no brainer for me.

But it's worth pointing out that it has improved recently and, if you spend 20-30 quid on On Tapp epg for a year it's a pretty sweet service for a hundred bucks every 12 months

jack D and coke

Ultimate's not perfect, it's all about the compromise.

I suppose the best way to see if it'll work for you is with a short sub, see if it's acceptable to you or not - it's a no brainer for me.

But it's worth pointing out that it has improved recently and, if you spend 20-30 quid on On Tapp epg for a year it's a pretty sweet service for a hundred bucks every 12 months

My SM runs out today and I'm swithering whether to get it or not...

What is this On Tapp thingwy?

Unknown user

My SM runs out today and I'm swithering whether to get it or not...

What is this On Tapp thingwy?

A paid for tv guide which they've recently got set up with UM actually, you van just add the UM channel list now.

It's only available in Kodi but it looks really good and the skin that looks like Sky's EPG was the convincing factor for a couple of my friends thinking of UM

https://www.on-tapp.tv/faq/

jack D and coke

A paid for tv guide which they've recently got set up with UM actually, you van just add the UM channel list now.

It's only available in Kodi but it looks really good and the skin that looks like Sky's EPG was the convincing factor for a couple of my friends thinking of UM

https://www.on-tapp.tv/faq/

I don't know if I'm tempted to buy it cos I just want more stuff cheap as opposed to actually needing it. I barely watch TV other than sport tbh...

Rudolf's Mate

I don't know if I'm tempted to buy it cos I just want more stuff cheap as opposed to actually needing it. I barely watch TV other than sport tbh...

Kinda where I am. Add to that I'd be looking at more money for a decent EPG which combined nearly doubles the price of normal Mania.

jack D and coke

Kinda where I am. Add to that I'd be looking at more money for a decent EPG which combined nearly doubles the price of normal Mania.

Aye for all I watch it I think I'll just stick with a 6 month SM. I'd be getting it for the sake of it I reckon.

Rudolf's Mate

Aye for all I watch it I think I'll just stick with a 6 month SM. I'd be getting it for the sake of it I reckon.

Only reason for me was so kids would have access to stuff like Cartoon Network etc however they want to watch their stuff when they want to watch it and not when somethings scheduled.

Unknown user

Only reason for me was so kids would have access to stuff like Cartoon Network etc however they want to watch their stuff when they want to watch it and not when somethings scheduled.

I get that not everyone sees the point but when you think about how much you'll merrily drop in a pub of a Friday evening compared to the 50p a week difference between SM and UM it really is a no brainer for me, but then I can't get the channels legitimately

Rudolf's Mate

Im certainly not against paying for stuff. Just my viewing habits are such that it really wouldn't get used.

Unknown user

Im certainly not against paying for stuff. Just my viewing habits are such that it really wouldn't get used.

Aye fair enough.

For anyone whose Mrs is obsessed with American shite like mine is though, things like the premium HBO channels, the AMC, CW etc are all present and correct. The Sky Movies channels have been a surprisingly welcome addition too.

Ah you know me, I'm a fan!

Rudolf's Mate

Aye fair enough.

For anyone whose Mrs is obsessed with American shite like mine is though, things like the premium HBO channels, the AMC, CW etc are all present and correct. The Sky Movies channels have been a surprisingly welcome addition too.

Ah you know me, I'm a fan!

Definitely worth the money. Plus if it's anything like the Sports Mania they'll actually continue to improve it.

Those channels you mentioned, I actually considered it for those. I then realised that most of the stuff being premiered were in the early hours over here and in most cases were available on Kodi by time I'd got up. Add the fact that I never ever watch a series until it's finished so I can watch it all back to back.

For people with different viewing habits that watch stuff as aired then I agree it's a no brainer.

luckyBatistuta

Same for me, I think. It's been brilliant, so I don't know why I'd want to change it. We're all like little magpies :lol:

Could be an IOS App for sportsmania on the way soon too.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better post-25326-0-55687400-1469913811_thumb.jpeg

Unknown user

Indeed there is...

Matrix TV Browser by IPTV Matrix

https://appsto.re/gb/u75Ucb.i

Download and enter sportsmania.eu then connect and enter your log ins.

I have a feeling they've just signed their own death warrant.

Putting out an ios app will IMO make Sky take them much more seriously - they're going relatively mainstream here.

I also saw them say in their FB page a week or two ago that they have thousands of subscribers - not very wise either IMO.

Obviously, another site will take over if anything happens to them, but I suspect we'll see Mania taken down in the next 12 months now

luckyBatistuta

Putting out an ios app will IMO make Sky take them much more seriously - they're going relatively mainstream here.

I also saw them say in their FB page a week or two ago that they have thousands of subscribers - not very wise either IMO.

Obviously, another site will take over if anything happens to them, but I suspect we'll see Mania taken down in the next 12 months now

You could be right there, stupid to basically rub sky's nose in it, with stuff like this. Nothing ever lasts forever though, so we'll just have to enjoy it, as long as we can. As you say though, there will be another along shortly after, if it's shut down. Worst case scenario, it's back to Sky again.

jack D and coke

Yeah....total daft boyness. Eventually somebody is gonna really go after them.

Unknown user

You could be right there, stupid to basically rub sky's nose in it, with stuff like this. Nothing ever lasts forever though, so we'll just have to enjoy it, as long as we can. As you say though, there will be another along shortly after, if it's shut down. Worst case scenario, it's back to Sky again.

Yeah, 3 months at a time I reckon from here on in

Rudolf's Mate

I'm still not convinced they will tbh. Subscriber numbers are available from their website and its minuscule to the free sites Sky go after. Also the iOS app is effectively just a web media player and can be used in conjunction with other similar streaming sites. It's not actually Mania's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Just signed up for 3 months of Sportmania.

Cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about

Enjoy

chester copperpot

Enjoy

Just having a wee spy through and so far........WOW.....

Cannot fecking wait for the f1 this afternoon in HD. That particular channel looks absolutely brilliant. Will be worth the 3 months subscription fee in itself!

Unknown user

Just having a wee spy through and so far........WOW.....

Cannot fecking wait for the f1 this afternoon in HD. That particular channel looks absolutely brilliant. Will be worth the 3 months subscription fee in itself!

They really do make the free ones look utter shite eh?

chester copperpot

They really do make the free ones look utter shite eh?

Aye. I actually cannot believe the quality of some of them.

Why people continue to pay over 100blabs a month for sky is baffling with sites like this.

Lets hope it lasts

luckyBatistuta

Aye. I actually cannot believe the quality of some of them.

Why people continue to pay over 100blabs a month for sky is baffling with sites like this.

Lets hope it lasts

remember to keep an eye on the streams calendar, as it will tell you where to find ALL the links to what your watching, just in case the one you are watching isn't spot on, or you just fancy a different commentary. I find myself changing sometimes during football, so that I don't have to listen to the usual clowns.

chester copperpot

remember to keep an eye on the streams calendar, as it will tell you where to find ALL the links to what your watching, just in case the one you are watching isn't spot on, or you just fancy a different commentary. I find myself changing sometimes during football, so that I don't have to listen to the usual clowns.

Am I right in saying that you can get hearts tv through it?

Would be handy on the odd occassion

Unknown user

I'm still not convinced they will tbh. Subscriber numbers are available from their website and its minuscule to the free sites Sky go after. Also the iOS app is effectively just a web media player and can be used in conjunction with other similar streaming sites. It's not actually Mania's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't stop here though, no matter who wrote the app, the door's been opened to a potential explosion in subscriber numbers.

They have a good reputation and now they're no longer quite as underground. They've opened up to the least techy market to date, a huge market.

I could be wrong of course, but all I know is if I was high up in Sky, this move would have both pissed me off and made me want to nip things in the bud.

They can't afford a UK based re-streamer to go unchallenged forever

Unknown user

My only answer to that is that I ask everyone to subscribe to the real thing too so the club doesn't lose out. ;)

invernessjt

Aye, it's in the Club Teams section. Handy as they also have a few other SPL teams TV stations too so you can watch us away to Celtic for example on a 3pm Saturday afternoon, (which is never on live tv here). The Game Zone section is useful to check out too.

(Forgot to add that you'll probably need to mute the commentators in the above example).

Edited by invernessjt

jack D and coke

It doesn't stop here though, no matter who wrote the app, the door's been opened to a potential explosion in subscriber numbers.

They have a good reputation and now they're no longer quite as underground. They've opened up to the least techy market to date, a huge market.

I could be wrong of course, but all I know is if I was high up in Sky, this move would have both pissed me off and made me want to nip things in the bud.

You'd imagine so eh...

I remember reading a bit on their Facebook page that they have hundreds and hundreds of domains so that everytime they close one down he just moves it to the next one. The servers are abroad too..I'm not sure about the technicalities of it all but I agree with you they're now putting themselves in clear sight and you can't imagine these companies sitting back and watching this happen without trying to take some sort of action.

See what happens I guess...

chester copperpot

My only answer to that is that I ask everyone to subscribe to the real thing too so the club doesn't lose out. ;)

I get that however would be the occassional away game that Im watching. Go to most home matches anyway.

The one thing I wouldnt do is con my club. Am going to double my subs to foh due to the savings this box is making me :D

chester copperpot

Meant to also add. I am sitting here pure cheesing watching the F1 in hd. Absolute night and day compared to mobdro and I thought that was good too.

Unknown user

I get that however would be the occassional away game that Im watching. Go to most home matches anyway.

The one thing I wouldnt do is con my club. Am going to double my subs to foh due to the savings this box is making me :D

:thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Ach mine is just guesswork based on other providers offering similar with larger numbers and not being targeted. Admittedly that counts for feck all in scheme of things when and if they decide to go after them.

luckyBatistuta

Ok, got a problem. I'm at my wife's uncles setting up a firestick for him. Nothing was working with Kodi, so I went in and sorted his smart hub on his BT hub. It's working now, but here's the strange part...on exodus,Phoenix,salts,Turks etc...the movies are all working, but none of the tv shows :wtf:

Any ideas?

Edit: all the sports are fine too, it's only tv shows.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Rudolf's Mate

Ok, got a problem. I'm at my wife's uncles setting up a firestick for him. Nothing was working with Kodi, so I went in and sorted his smart hub on his BT hub. It's working now, but here's the strange part...on exodus,Phoenix,salts,Turks etc...the movies are all working, but none of the tv shows :wtf:

Any ideas?

Edit: all the sports are fine too, it's only tv shows.

Firstly turn power down the stick and try again. That doesn't work go back onto the router and check it's definitely turned off and if so, turn back on. Power off stick and try again (you might be shocked) and once done try disabling again and restarting stick.

Had same happen with me however when I enabled it and tried the stuff that wasn't working did and Mania didn't. Disabling again eventually sorted it.