Kodi again

Unknown user

the stone rose

Not wanting to defend SM's ramblings, but tbf my Sky has never been affected by wind or rain. Even in the storms last year it held up well, if anything a bit of wind or rain would render kodi useless for me because of the SHITE broadband that BT supply.

Peculiar how opposite experiences are. Used to have sky and living at end of street meant signal loss a few times a year. Also switched to BT broadband after issues with virgin media and it is the best broadband I've had.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

The Internet

Peculiar how opposite experiences are. Used to have sky and living at end of street meant signal loss a few times a year. Also switched to BT broadband after issues with virgin media and it is the best broadband I've had.

Yeah it's down to luck really. I've been with sky for 2 and a half years and never had to call them for any reason, always had such a solid service. Switched my broadband to BT (kept Sky TV) in March because my sign-up offer was running out and it's the worst decision I've ever made. It's impossible to describe just how hopeless and infuriating their 'tech' department are.

Rudolf's Mate

Watched Gods of Egypt on Kodi earlier in the week. It's been on there in 1080p & 5.1 surround sound for a couple of weeks as well.

Would just like to point out that Sky was not harmed in viewing of this film seeing as it only went into the cinema today :verysmug:

luckyBatistuta

Watched Gods of Egypt on Kodi earlier in the week. It's been on there in 1080p & 5.1 surround sound for a couple of weeks as well.

Would just like to point out that Sky was not harmed in viewing of this film seeing as it only went into the cinema today :verysmug:

:gok:

The Internet

It's been out in the US since February and looks shite tbf.

Rudolf's Mate

:gok:

Prefer do you wanna build a Snowman :muggy:

It's been out in the US since February and looks shite tbf.

Thought the trailer looked brilliant but film was ok though worth watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone was looking for 'eye in the sky' a few pages back. Can't find the post but it's now on exodus and probably a load of other places.

Great movie !!

Rudolf's Mate

Someone was looking for 'eye in the sky' a few pages back. Can't find the post but it's now on exodus and probably a load of other places.

Great movie !!

:sweeet:

I went looking for it after someone mentioned they'd gone to see it on the recommend thread.

Sexton Hardcastle

If you Google seomicheal then the add on name there are comprehensive instructions for each addon.

Got and set up SALTS but every time I search for a show or movie I get zero sources.

Something up at my end?

Rudolf's Mate

Got and set up SALTS but every time I search for a show or movie I get zero sources.

Something up at my end?

Are any other addons working? If not then it's possible your ISP is blocking the content.

Sexton Hardcastle

Only the pre installed ones I've tried and they seem ok.

Looks like I've got some tweaking to do then?

Only the pre installed ones I've tried and they seem ok.

Looks like I've got some tweaking to do then?

Check your smartshield or whatever on your router is switched off.

Something up at my end?

Did you follow ALL the steps in the seo Michael installation guide, including auto configure and source handling ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Could be either of those.

Got time off next week to sit down and sort it out properly. Will likely be back for assistance. Thanks

Hi. Had anyone used the Sportsmania app on a firestick. I have the Kodi Add-on but would like the app as a back up. I have managed to install the app, but need mx player and can't get that to install, its not on Amazon store, and won't work through apps 2 fire. Any advice? Cheers.

Unknown user

Sportsmania App. I'm intrigued

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Quality's excellent, and they recommend the app over kodi if you're using Android as it's more reliable

Rudolf's Mate

How'd you get it?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

There's a tutorial on their website.

I've been curious about the app for yonks however also installing MX Player but me off.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Unknown user

There's a tutorial on their website.

I've been curious about the app for yonks however also installing MX Player but me off.

I've got MX Player anyway- I use Yatse remote to control kodi from my phone. If you have MX you can transfer whatever you're watching on kodi to your phone - I do it quite a lot when I go for a bath so i don't miss the end.

There's a link to the app on their FB members' page, that seems to be their core business centre

I was trying to get the Sportsmania app to work in my Firestick as a backup to the Kodi Add-on, managed to get app on but cant install mx player. Tried apps2fire but get error, and not in Amazon tv store. Can no longer use es explorer unless for zips, anyone know of another way to get the app working on firestick, tried asking on the sm forum and Twitter, but no reply as yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rudolf's Mate

I've got MX Player anyway- I use Yatse remote to control kodi from my phone. If you have MX you can transfer whatever you're watching on kodi to your phone - I do it quite a lot when I go for a bath so i don't miss the end.

There's a link to the app on their FB members' page, that seems to be their core business centre

I downloaded the app shortly after it was released but didn't do anything with it after realising you needed MX Player. That's nothing against MX Player as I rated it highly that I paid for the pro version for my sons Galaxy Tablet. Its more me being anal about installing stuff on the box.

I like the idea of not having to go into Kodi though!

Unknown user

I downloaded the app shortly after it was released but didn't do anything with it after realising you needed MX Player. That's nothing against MX Player as I rated it highly that I paid for the pro version for my sons Galaxy Tablet. Its more me being anal about installing stuff on the box.

I like the idea of not having to go into Kodi though!

According to them the kodi addon just stops sometimes because of all the added complications of running within kodi, while the android app is very stable and reliable.

I saw they'll have the PPV boxing this weekend but they're closing new subscriptions from 10 am Saturday so they can focus on the stream - they also explained that in general SD < HQ < HD. HQ is basically SD but using more bandwidth so it should be much smoother. Live and learn!

Rudolf's Mate

According to them the kodi addon just stops sometimes because of all the added complications of running within kodi, while the android app is very stable and reliable.

I saw they'll have the PPV boxing this weekend but they're closing new subscriptions from 10 am Saturday so they can focus on the stream - they also explained that in general SD < HQ < HD. HQ is basically SD but using more bandwidth so it should be much smoother. Live and learn!

I've had the issue of it stopping on my iPad (occurs once or twice when I start up) and a few times on laptop but it's been flawless on my boxes. On iPad I tended to login to the website however I've also had it do the same thing on that and kick me back to the menu.

Despite this I rarely view on iPad these days.

Unknown user

I meant to say, although I recommended Clarkey EPG, it's stopped working for me - still shows data but won't open the channels despite cache clears, re installs etc.

I'm going to try ivue, which you have to register for but is free. I don't want to pay for On Tapp bit it might come to that yet!

I meant to say, although I recommended Clarkey EPG, it's stopped working for me - still shows data but won't open the channels despite cache clears, re installs etc.

I'm going to try ivue, which you have to register for but is free. I don't want to pay for On Tapp bit it might come to that yet!

Fwiw I have Ivue and it is awful.

Went for on tapp and it is absolutely superb. As good as any of sky or virgin interface.

Unknown user

Fwiw I have Ivue and it is awful.

Went for on tapp and it is absolutely superb. As good as any of sky or virgin interface.

Oh really? Is it flawed or something?

Oh really? Is it flawed or something?

For me it takes an awful long time to to load. When you boot it up for the first time in the day it takes around 60 seconds to gather the data. On Tap loads instant

Also, once you have finally got around to adding all mania channels favourites all the streams are jumpy as hell. Strange as when loaded via mania it is perfect. None of this with on tapp. It automatically loads mania

Then when you ask for help in the Facebook page all the minions jump on you like your criticising it :laugh:

Maybe just my experience. However, on tapp is utterly superb and well worth the money. My wife can actually use it!!

You also can't separate it into categories which I find infuriating

Edited by AlimOzturk

Unknown user

For me it takes an awful long time to to load. When you boot it up for the first time in the day it takes around 60 seconds to gather the data. On Tap loads instant

Also, once you have finally got around to adding all mania channels favourites all the streams are jumpy as hell. Strange as when loaded via mania it is perfect. None of this with on tapp. It automatically loads mania

Then when you ask for help in the Facebook page all the minions jump on you like your criticising it :laugh:

Maybe just my experience. However, on tapp is utterly superb and well worth the money. My wife can actually use it!!

You also can't separate it into categories which I find infuriating

Thanks man

I'm not bothered about categories but the jumpy thing can be fixed iirc from the last time I used the old version, there was an option to Use Alternative Streaming Method

With regards to TV guides. I was using Renegades until it went down, do believe that they are close to getting it back up. Since then I tried Ivue which was OK, but as mentioned was slow. I have since been using DNA TV Guide, a lot quicker and also have their own channels addon which seem to work well with the guide.

Decided to have a tinker with my setup, basically had it perfect for me then decided to try one more thing. Totally buggered. Total fresh install for me. And can't seem to get it set up quite right! Serves me right!

Rudolf's Mate

The guys with the Mania app. One of the main functions for me within Mania is the calendar and the fact that it brings up all the streaming options for any event. I use it for absolutely everything rather than having to search manually. Just been reading that the app has it (calendar) but that it doesn't link the streams to it? 

For me that would be a big negative tbh. 

Unknown user

The guys with the Mania app. One of the main functions for me within Mania is the calendar and the fact that it brings up all the streaming options for any event. I use it for absolutely everything rather than having to search manually. Just been reading that the app has it (calendar) but that it doesn't link the streams to it?

For me that would be a big negative tbh.

You're correct in how it works but for me it's a minor inconvenience rather than a big negative, the apps a very clean and uncomplicated design and it's no problem to find a channel

Rudolf's Mate

You're correct in how it works but for me it's a minor inconvenience rather than a big negative, the apps a very clean and uncomplicated design and it's no problem to find a channel

Sky Sports isn't always the best quality on Mania however the same event is always bang on via another channel. In a case such as that how do you know where to look?

Curious more than anything. The calendar didn't work for me until I got my 4K box however it now works on both. Everyone used to go on about it on the FB page and once I eventually used it is genuinely couldn't go without it. Having it taken away would, after using it be a pain in the arse.

Unknown user

Sky Sports isn't always the best quality on Mania however the same event is always bang on via another channel. In a case such as that how do you know where to look?

Curious more than anything. The calendar didn't work for me until I got my 4K box however it now works on both. Everyone used to go on about it on the FB page and once I eventually used it is genuinely couldn't go without it. Having it taken away would, after using it be a pain in the arse.

The calendar lists all the channels each game is on doesn't it? I've only bought in since the end of the season so I haven't watched sky sports yet

Decided to have a tinker with my setup, basically had it perfect for me then decided to try one more thing. Totally buggered. Total fresh install for me. And can't seem to get it set up quite right! Serves me right!

All sorted now, got it almost perfect for me, and made a backup for the next time I fancy a tinker.

Does anyone know how to edit the sub menus on the home screen using confluence?

Rudolf's Mate

The calendar lists all the channels each game is on doesn't it? I've only bought in since the end of the season so I haven't watched sky sports yet

Aye it does mate. No doubt it'll be added to the app however I'm all for making live as easy as possible lol.

To show something that's on now.

5d6bd3f26b80c2779e10eab7279f633f.jpg

And once you select it.

251d1bea01141a2bd1aaddd54cbb37a0.jpg

It then gives you multiple options if available.

d970a0692525a5e470ddd4c58bb1e8ff.jpg

For me the ease of use is incredible and it's literally a click for another link if need be. Ok it's rare I need to click on another however you can't always just assume that ESPN or Fox will be showing a particular event. Those two have been absolutely spot on for ages now.

Unknown user

Aye it does mate. No doubt it'll be added to the app however I'm all for making live as easy as possible lol.

To show something that's on now.

5d6bd3f26b80c2779e10eab7279f633f.jpg

And once you select it.

251d1bea01141a2bd1aaddd54cbb37a0.jpg

It then gives you multiple options if available.

d970a0692525a5e470ddd4c58bb1e8ff.jpg

For me the ease of use is incredible and it's literally a click for another link if need be. Ok it's rare I need to click on another however you can't always just assume that ESPN or Fox will be showing a particular event. Those two have been absolutely spot on for ages now.

That is good, but just to show you it's not that big a problem because of tabs

8fd5e4c7091158d7d673299ec54a97b9.jpg

It's on game zone 3. Tap channels

9a8a97bf21efb1b0734a38403f698c6e.jpg

Tap game zone section

3218724d977f48483d0b938e7d9d9bf7.jpg

Tap Game zone 3

8d3fe95d086a01d7b5860d82af610a32.jpg

Space Mackerel

By the way guys, I still switch my Sky box on and it works flawlessly, just in case you want to come back. Instant HD, no buffering, voice in sync with pictures, no tinkering wasting valuable free time. [emoji106]

Rudolf's Mate

That is good, but just to show you it's not that big a problem because of tabs

8fd5e4c7091158d7d673299ec54a97b9.jpg

It's on game zone 3. Tap channels

9a8a97bf21efb1b0734a38403f698c6e.jpg

Tap game zone section

3218724d977f48483d0b938e7d9d9bf7.jpg

Tap Game zone 3

8d3fe95d086a01d7b5860d82af610a32.jpg

In all honesty even doing that seems like a faff compared to the calendar :lol:

I've installed it on the box upstairs however I'm a creature of habit and if it feels like it's taking more steps then I'll not take to it.

Unknown user

In all honesty even doing that seems like a faff compared to the calendar :lol:

I've installed it on the box upstairs however I'm a creature of habit and if it feels like it's taking more steps then I'll not take to it.

Fair do's :thumbsup: