Kodi again

Unknown user

luckyBatistuta

Firstly turn power down the stick and try again. That doesn't work go back onto the router and check it's definitely turned off and if so, turn back on. Power off stick and try again (you might be shocked) and once done try disabling again and restarting stick.

Had same happen with me however when I enabled it and tried the stuff that wasn't working did and Mania didn't. Disabling again eventually sorted it.

Done that a few times, while I was there. I've done quite a lot of these now and never had this issue before, as peas said...bizarre. I'll give him a phone later today and find out, if it's righted itself. Cheers :thumbsup:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Done that a few times, while I was there. I've done quite a lot of these now and never had this issue before, as peas said...bizarre. I'll give him a phone later today and find out, if it's righted itself. Cheers :thumbsup:

It's not done it to me for yonks however if memory serves it happened after my router was reset. The bizarre thing was my boxes were fine and it was just the stick it effected.

Rudolf's Mate

Once again proving sticks should be avoided.

Pish.

Sticks are a feckin nightmare on Sky as well. No doubt some might have been ok however I've had a few people being unable to get them working despite disabling shield or whatever it's called. One managed after changing to a different wifi channel however he had to do that and then wait several mins for the hangs to take effect and it was only on a certain channel that it worked. Took him ages.

luckyBatistuta

Once again proving sticks should be avoided.

Pish.

Sticks are a feckin nightmare on Sky as well. No doubt some might have been ok however I've had a few people being unable to get them working despite disabling shield or whatever it's called. One managed after changing to a different wifi channel however he had to do that and then wait several mins for the hangs to take effect and it was only on a certain channel that it worked. Took him ages.

Did try to talk him into the AFTV, but he wanted the cheaper option...you get what yo pay for. It's unbelievable how many people I've done this for now and I always try and tell them to pay the little bit extra, but they just won't listen. I suppose it's a case of, a few of the people wanting this free tv, are wanting it because they're cheapskates.

Rudolf's Mate

Did try to talk him into the AFTV, but he wanted the cheaper option...you get what yo pay for. It's unbelievable how many people I've done this for now and I always try and tell them to pay the little bit extra, but they just won't listen. I suppose it's a case of, a few of the people wanting this free tv, are wanting it because they're cheapskates.

Hahaha aye you're no wrong there.

jack D and coke

End up thinking kodi isn't that great cos they have a pish streaming device too.

I threw my stick away. Garbage.

End up thinking kodi isn't that great cos they have a pish streaming device too.

I threw my stick away. Garbage.

Tbh in comparison to my Open box Kodi for live streaming is utterly garbage. Can't believe I have been missing out for so long.

The firestick works perfect for movies and things. Live streaming with Sports mania and Ultimate isn't bad. However combine card sharing with Kodi and I reckon I now have the best TV combination you could ask for. Even better than what I would get with sky.

jack D and coke

Tbh in comparison to my Open box Kodi for live streaming is utterly garbage. Can't believe I have been missing out for so long.

The firestick works perfect for movies and things. Live streaming with Sports mania and Ultimate isn't bad. However combine card sharing with Kodi and I reckon I now have the best TV combination you could ask for. Even better than what I would get with sky.

Yeah what is this open box you mentioned? Good i take it then?

Does anyone have current box recommendations?

I've prepared to concede that my firestick isn't up to the job for live football.

Does anyone have current box recommendations?

I've prepared to concede that my firestick isn't up to the job for live football.

Look here first I would suggest

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/

T8 or M5 both highly recommnended ( best to get it with a keyboard or double sided remote package though)

Edited by CollyWolly

Rudolf's Mate

I'd genuinely take you serious if everything you put forward wasn't effectively the best thing you'd ever used. Honestly not a dig Alim but anything you've put forward its been the best thing.

Thanks to Space I've now got Sky Go on the XB1. It's brilliant however I tried Billions on it and on Kodi using Real-Debrid and Kodi was the better picture quality.

Do you know if it will cope with streaming of live sports?

Yes they both will. There are 2 other factors to take into account though. First is your broadband speed. Ideally over 10meg to be consistently buffer free. They do work wirelessly but you'll find they work better and more reliably if you hard wire them (Ethernet cable) secondly the free addons for live sport are not nearly as good as a premium service like Sportsmania. There are others but not in the league of Sportsmania. It's ?25 every 3 months and the service is excellent. Definetly worth getting. I get mine 3 months at a time in case it goes tits up so the most I lose is ?25 but you can sign up for up to a year with big discounts.

Randle P McMurphy

Any advice on how to improve my viewing? I have an amazon tv box, wired internet connection, some mega virgin internet speed (allegedly) and I've just signed up to ultimate mania. Problem is most of my viewing still buffers and there really isn't much point trying an HD stream as it normally freezes.

We are admittedly heavy internet users, with my 2 sons using ps4s. Even when they aren't in though it isn't any better. I've tried other Ethernet cables, shut down and reset my router regularly and still no improvement. Are there tweaks I can make to my kodi settings to get an improvement?

Any advice on how to improve my viewing? I have an amazon tv box, wired internet connection, some mega virgin internet speed (allegedly) and I've just signed up to ultimate mania. Problem is most of my viewing still buffers and there really isn't much point trying an HD stream as it normally freezes.

We are admittedly heavy internet users, with my 2 sons using ps4s. Even when they aren't in though it isn't any better. I've tried other Ethernet cables, shut down and reset my router regularly and still no improvement. Are there tweaks I can make to my kodi settings to get an improvement?

Clear the caches first of all. What version of Kodi are you running ?

Randle P McMurphy

Clear the caches first of all. What version of Kodi are you running ?

Clear caches and purge packages regularly too, meant to say that. On 16.1at the moment on wookie lite. Tried other builds before too with same result.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Seems different to the way I done it at the start of the year when sorting mine out but they boy on the site knows his stuff

managed to bumble my way through and got it loaded, thanks for the link :)

now... got kodi installed. how on earth to i add good sports and movies to it!?

Henry. Henry.

All the best addons are on this thread. Just google - how to add exodus etc to kodi and you will get the info. Again, that site I linked is a good step by step guide

jack D and coke

got a firestick and thought it would be a piece to install this kodi etc. what an absolute 'mare!

Your first mistake was getting a firestick but it shouldn't really be a mare to install.

Follow this...

jack D and coke

The easiest way is to install a wizard but the sticks don't run them very well. It's all manual adding them although it's not too difficult.

Wookie lite runs on it. You could run the wizard then delete a lot of the addons that you don't use. Give it a try anyway..

System

File manager

Add source

http://wiz.wookiespmc.com

Name it .wookie

Out to main menu

System

Settings

Addons

Install from zip

Succumb to the Wookie

Wait a few seconds and you'll get a screen with Wookie on it

Out to main menu

Programs

Program addons

Wookie

Install Wookie lite

It should run ok and like I say delete all the addons you don't use to help it run a bit better.

Clear caches and purge packages regularly too, meant to say that. On 16.1at the moment on wookie lite. Tried other builds before too with same result.

The only other things that spring to mind are your internet speed and/or maybe your internet provider security settings. Otherwise sorry I am stumped. You could try re-loading with no build at all and just manually do a couple of add ons

Edited by CollyWolly

thanks for the help guys. 

managed to even load a package of apps - i forget the technical term! Pretty impressed with my evenings work and all seems working decently. 

I'm by no means a technophobe but I found alot of digging required on tinterweb. 

I'd genuinely take you serious if everything you put forward wasn't effectively the best thing you'd ever used. Honestly not a dig Alim but anything you've put forward its been the best thing.

Thanks to Space I've now got Sky Go on the XB1. It's brilliant however I tried Billions on it and on Kodi using Real-Debrid and Kodi was the better picture quality.

Your right.

I get awfy excited. Must be the fact that after all those years of paying over the odds for sky I get a genuine kick out of all these wee changes in my veiwing habit. As sad as it may be it feels like a wee hobby. Trying all these different builds and systems/boxes Kodi ECT..

However, I am genuine in my belif that card sharing is the best way in which to view live telly outside of having a sky sub. At least look into it.

Unknown user

Sounds like your connection to me but it's pretty easy to check that.

I'd start with rebooting your modem, give it a few minutes to pick everything up again, then test the quality of your connection at pingtest.net (don't use Chrome browser, Firefox if you have it)

Pingtest isn't interested in your speed, it checks jitter, packet loss etc and then gives you a result.

If your result is anything less than the top score you can demand that your provider fix it - they may be able to argue about what speed you're entitled to, but you're entitled to expect the quality to be perfect.

Often a poor quality connection isn't obvious, but live streaming is more sensitive to it than most applications

Unknown user

Sounds like your connection to me but it's pretty easy to check that.

I'd start with rebooting your modem, give it a few minutes to pick everything up again, then test the quality of your connection at pingtest.net (don't use Chrome browser, Firefox if you have it)

Pingtest isn't interested in your speed, it checks jitter, packet loss etc and then gives you a result.

If your result is anything less than the top score you can demand that your provider fix it - they may be able to argue about what speed you're entitled to, but you're entitled to expect the quality to be perfect.

Often a poor quality connection isn't obvious, but live streaming is more sensitive to it than most applications

wentworth jambo

Anyone having issues with UltimateMania ? Never missed a beat until randomly last night - can get into addon and see list (Entertainment, Calendar, Sky Sports, etc) but when I try to select any of them I get a "Ultimate Mania Error"...have rebooted, cleared cache etc to no avail. Running on a AFTV 4k box with wired connection

Anyone having issues with UltimateMania ? Never missed a beat until randomly last night - can get into addon and see list (Entertainment, Calendar, Sky Sports, etc) but when I try to select any of them I get a "Ultimate Mania Error"...have rebooted, cleared cache etc to no avail. Running on a AFTV 4k box with wired connection

Check your 'add on updates' and update it if needs be. I think there was one the other day

Rudolf's Mate

Your right.

I get awfy excited. Must be the fact that after all those years of paying over the odds for sky I get a genuine kick out of all these wee changes in my veiwing habit. As sad as it may be it feels like a wee hobby. Trying all these different builds and systems/boxes Kodi ECT..

However, I am genuine in my belif that card sharing is the best way in which to view live telly outside of having a sky sub. At least look into it.

Haha I feel you re getting excited about stuff. I'm exactly the same when it comes to tech ;)

No word of a lie it's something I've been looking into off and on for years. Various things put me off at different times however last time I think it was reading that Sky had scrambled HD signals meaning it was only SD.

Other things like boxes being bricked, having to continuously flash them and then also relying on the 'gift' always made me think there were too many things that could go wrong.

Your hear people saying find a reputable seller who's being doing it for years but unless you know someone this seems to be hit or miss.

It's an itch I need to scratch though. Probably more when rather than if!

Unknown user

They were doing maintenence last night, join their FB group to keep on top of that stuff :thumbsup:

wentworth jambo

Check your 'add on updates' and update it if needs be. I think there was one the other day

Thanks for the response CW - all was up to date, don't know what was wrong but a full uninstal / reinstal of the SportsMania repository / zip file seems to have done the trick.

Unknown user

Thanks for the response CW - all was up to date, don't know what was wrong but a full uninstal / reinstal of the SportsMania repository / zip file seems to have done the trick.

As above, they were doing maintenence last night

wentworth jambo

As above, they were doing maintenence last night

Cheers for the response Smithee....don't do FB so thanks for the update - as I said, still had the issues up until about 30 mins ago and only the uninstal / reinstal of the repository resolved it.

luckyBatistuta

Thinking about signing up to Real Debrid, but is it really worth the extra cost...?12.50 for 6 months.

Does anybody have Ontapp TV guide, was thinking about that too...?19 for 12 months.

Anybody rate these or anything that does similar.

Unknown user

Thinking about signing up to Real Debrid, but is it really worth the extra cost...?12.50 for 6 months.

Does anybody have Ontapp TV guide, was thinking about that too...?19 for 12 months.

I've got OnTapp it's really good, really reliable. They also have the Ultimate mania channel list available to save a LOT of ****ing about.

The best feature is the categories - as a general rule I have them all active except the UM one, I just turn that on to see what games there are today. You'll see what I mean ;)

Also, the available skins make it look great, the skin that looks like Sky's EPG really sold the whole package to a couple of people I know.

Real Debrid is highly recommended by some on here for high quality, high speed streams.

At the end of the day it's your money, but when you're talking about 12 quid, you could drop that in the newsagent on the way to the game and not even notice!

Rudolf's Mate

I'd highly recommend RD mate. Especially if you've got a box (newer AFTV) that can play HVEC files.

luckyBatistuta

I've got OnTapp it's really good, really reliable. They also have the Ultimate mania channel list available to save a LOT of ******* about.

The best feature is the categories - as a general rule I have them all active except the UM one, I just turn that on to see what games there are today. You'll see what I mean ;)

Also, the available skins make it look great, the skin that looks like Sky's EPG really sold the whole package to a couple of people I know.

Real Debrid is highly recommended by some on here for high quality, high speed streams.

At the end of the day it's your money, but when you're talking about 12 quid, you could drop that in the newsagent on the way to the game and not even notice!

I downloaded a new build last night called "BigSams' it's really good. He showed his different UM,SM builds with the Ontapp and it looked really good. My SM runs out in a few days and was just going to renew that, but after seeing UM with Ontapp, I think I'm going to go for that, as the tv guide did look fantastic. I was just thinking that if I'm going for UM, with the Ontapp, I may as well get RD too, as it's not that much more to drop in the shop, on the way to the game :lol:

I know a few on here have mentioned RB, so just wanted some reassurance.

Cheers Smithee

luckyBatistuta

I'd highly recommend RD mate. Especially if you've got a box (newer AFTV) that can play HVEC files.

Thought you had it mate...you take it for 6 or 12 months?

You should have a look at that Ontapp, if you haven't got it.

:thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Thought you had it mate...you take it for 6 or 12 months?

You should have a look at that Ontapp, if you haven't got it.

:thumbsup:

You can only do 6 months at a time mate. Admittedly you don't necessarily need it however I've noticed a difference from having it. I also mentioned previously about being able to download the stuff you've watched. Great for going away in car (kids tablets etc) however because it's dedicated servers the downloads take less than 3 mins for full 1080p content!

If I had Ultimate Mania I might be interested in OnTapp but it would be a waste of money for me.

luckyBatistuta

You can only do 6 months at a time mate. Admittedly you don't necessarily need it however I've noticed a difference from having it. I also mentioned previously about being able to download the stuff you've watched. Great for going away in car (kids tablets etc) however because it's dedicated servers the downloads take less than 3 mins for full 1080p content!

If I had Ultimate Mania I might be interested in OnTapp but it would be a waste of money for me.

Agree, I wouldn't take it with my SM, but think I'm going to go for UM with Ontapp, but not sure if Ontapp allows you to put it on multiple boxes on one account.

Rudolf's Mate

Agree, I wouldn't take it with my SM, but think I'm going to go for UM with Ontapp, but not sure if Ontapp allows you to put it on multiple boxes on one account.

Bit shit if it didn't allow multiple boxes.

luckyBatistuta

Bit shit if it didn't allow multiple boxes.

It says on their site...one subscription is valid for one location, so it should be just the same as SM and be any box.

Here's hopingpost-25326-0-69552600-1470222245_thumb.jpeg

Unknown user

It says on their site...one subscription is valid for one location, so it should be just the same as SM and be any box.

Here's hoping image.jpeg

IIRC on tapp can be used on 3 devices at the same location - it's only epg data so they don't need to be as uptight as UM who only allow one stream on one device at a time

luckyBatistuta

IIRC on tapp can be used on 3 devices at the same location - it's only epg data so they don't need to be as uptight as UM who only allow one stream on one device at a time

I watch my SM all around my house and on my iPad when I'm out and about. Is that set in stone on the Ontapp, because I'm wanting it on five boxes.

Space Mackerel

I watch my SM all around my house and on my iPad when I'm out and about. Is that set in stone on the Ontapp, because I'm wanting it on five boxes.

7448fb91010525ee84fcc61ed6869a77.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, stupid question time. What's the difference between Sports Mania and Ultimate Mania and do they really offer much that I can't already get on Mobdro on the PC?

Just want the fitba really, not too arsed about films/entertainment etc.