Kodi again

Unknown user

I?m on about 50mb but it?s unwatchable through Ace but flawless on mania whether that?s on my box or through my phone or tablet with matrix.

I assume you?ve tried switching the servers of the vpn?

Different people seem to get different things Ace works great for me with Ipvanish can't compare it with Mania though as that has been ****ed for newcomers since I first tried to join about 8 weeks ago now.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

jack D and coke

Different people seem to get different things Ace works great for me with Ipvanish can't compare it with Mania though as that has been ****ed for newcomers since I first tried to join about 8 weeks ago now.

Mental eh[emoji1]

I?m lucky to get about 10 seconds watching ace with the vpn without it freezing as are a couple of mates.

Mental eh[emoji1]

I?m lucky to get about 10 seconds watching ace with the vpn without it freezing as are a couple of mates.

Who is your internet supplier do you think that maybe matters

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Who is your internet supplier do you think that maybe matters

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I?m with BT as is a mate and another with sky but we can?t watch anything through Ace with the vpn activated and I can?t even access ace without it on when the matches are being streamed.

Rudolf's Mate

There was a post on Ace's Twitter from their admin specifically asking for IPVanish users to comment. Loads saying they were having issues and others saying there's was fine. Loads saying that they were using free VPN's and it was spot on.

I changed my address from Germany to Ireland and bizarrely it worked perfectly after that.

Bit torn tbh. I'd tried the full package with Ace and was really impressed. I haven't even really been bothered with the football but I've tried it nonetheless and the fact I was getting issues pissed me off. I'm glad I tried the full package though as it's reminded me just how much pish is on non footy Sky channels and even for pennies I'm not arsed about it.

Unknown user

There was a post on Ace's Twitter from their admin specifically asking for IPVanish users to comment. Loads saying they were having issues and others saying there's was fine. Loads saying that they were using free VPN's and it was spot on.

I changed my address from Germany to Ireland and bizarrely it worked perfectly after that.

Bit torn tbh. I'd tried the full package with Ace and was really impressed. I haven't even really been bothered with the football but I've tried it nonetheless and the fact I was getting issues pissed me off. I'm glad I tried the full package though as it's reminded me just how much pish is on non footy Sky channels and even for pennies I'm not arsed about it.

I've been thinking on similar lines recently. I really can't be arsed with the epl these days and there's very rarely anything on TV that I need to see live, so why am I paying for this? I think I'm more into the satisfaction of getting it working on a Raspberry Pi then anything else

Rudolf's Mate

I've been thinking on similar lines recently. I really can't be arsed with the epl these days and there's very rarely anything on TV that I need to see live, so why am I paying for this? I think I'm more into the satisfaction of getting it working on a Raspberry Pi then anything else

Love it for my films and tv series but starting to wonder why myself. Saying that it would bug me if I didn't have it in the event that a rare decent game came on.

Unknown user

Love it for my films and tv series but starting to wonder why myself. Saying that it would bug me if I didn't have it in the event that a rare decent game came on.

Just discussed it with the Mrs, apparently we're keeping it

Not impressed! :laugh:

Rudolf's Mate

Just discussed it with the Mrs, apparently we're keeping it

Not impressed! :laugh:

Haha tbh if mine was using it I'd be the same. I got the full package as I thought the kids would use it. They did at first but then the novelty wore off.

On another note. I've been wanting to watch the current series of Twin Peaks however all I can find is the old one. Anyone know where to find it?

Haha tbh if mine was using it I'd be the same. I got the full package as I thought the kids would use it. They did at first but then the novelty wore off.

On another note. I've been wanting to watch the current series of Twin Peaks however all I can find is the old one. Anyone know where to find it?

I've been watching it through Covenant with no issues.

Rudolf's Mate

I've been watching it through Covenant with no issues.

I stuck it on for a few mins on Covenant but it was the old one. Don't tell me it's actually the new one and I've no left it on long enough [emoji85]

luckyBatistuta

I?m on about 50mb but it?s unwatchable through Ace but flawless on mania whether that?s on my box or through my phone or tablet with matrix.

I assume you?ve tried switching the servers of the vpn?

I tried all over the world and it was always the same. Both BT and and decent speeds, makes no sense.

I stuck it on for a few mins on Covenant but it was the old one. Don't tell me it's actually the new one and I've no left it on long enough [emoji85]

I'm laughing

Rudolf's Mate

I tried all over the world and it was always the same. Both BT and and decent speeds, makes no sense.

I'm laughing

Nah it's worse. For some reason I thought first time round it had 3 seasons not 2 :facepalm:

luckyBatistuta

Guess what I'm watching now [emoji85]

:lol:

Just posting this to see if your giving that episode your watching your full attention???

Rudolf's Mate

:lol:

Just posting this to see if your giving that episode your watching your full attention???

I actually did despite the fact I was struggling wondering wtf was going on [emoji23] I loved the first 2 but might have to do a recap.

Is it possible for your internet provider to cut you off if they somehow notice you are streaming?

My wife was at home today and using kodi. She said it was buffering a bit so tried changing the vpn, she says it said loading then just stopped. Internet not working at all. I've been on the phone to TalkTalk & they said they would send an engineer out in a few days

Can they see if I'm doing shit I shouldn't? Then decide to stop supplying my internet?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Is it possible for your internet provider to cut you off if they somehow notice you are streaming?

My wife was at home today and using kodi. She said it was buffering a bit so tried changing the vpn, she says it said loading then just stopped. Internet not working at all. I've been on the phone to TalkTalk & they said they would send an engineer out in a few days

Can they see if I'm doing shit I shouldn't? Then decide to stop supplying my internet?

If that was the case, they'd probably have to cut off a ridiculous percentage of their customer base. Wouldn't think you've got anything to worry about, don't think that is what has happened. I don't care if they know that I'm streaming movies and sport through Kodi and SM, if BT aren't happy, then I'll take my money elsewhere.

If that was the case, they'd probably have to cut off a ridiculous percentage of their customer base. Wouldn't think you've got anything to worry about, don't think that is what has happened. I don't care if they know that I'm streaming movies and sport through Kodi and SM, if BT aren't happy, then I'll take my money elsewhere.

Exactly what I was telling the wife! Just strange we've had it cut off.

I'm definitely going to look elsewhere, TalkTalk have been terrible and the customer service is worse.

luckyBatistuta

Exactly what I was telling the wife! Just strange we've had it cut off.

I'm definitely going to look elsewhere, TalkTalk have been terrible and the customer service is worse.

Have you tried resetting your hub?

Have you tried resetting your hub?

As in turning it off & on again? We tried that, the customer service person told us that's probably what's knackered it. Turning it off & on could damage it. Apparently.

luckyBatistuta

As in turning it off & on again? We tried that, the customer service person told us that's probably what's knackered it. Turning it off & on could damage it. Apparently.

If it's anything like my BT Smarthub, it should have a hard reset button on it somewhere. The only problem with this sometimes is that it can reset your settings on the hub and turn your Smart Shield back on, thus blocking some content on Kodi etc. I've done it a few times when the internet is sticking two fingers up to me and it's always worked.

If it's anything like my BT Smarthub, it should have a hard reset button on it somewhere. The only problem with this sometimes is that it can reset your settings on the hub and turn your Smart Shield back on, thus blocking some content on Kodi etc. I've done it a few times when the internet is sticking two fingers up to me and it's always worked.

Just tried it. Only the power light & the WLAN lights flashing.

luckyBatistuta

Just tried it. Only the power light & the WLAN lights flashing.

Talk Talks routers automaticaly update firmware.Sometimes if it's interupted the router can lock up.

Leave it for a while and it should update

Talk Talks routers automaticaly update firmware.Sometimes if it's interupted the router can lock up.

Leave it for a while and it should update

Thanks for the help [emoji106]

Unknown user

Think of it this way. They COULD, but I doubt they'd want to unless forced by courts.

Do Talktalk want you giving sky a hundred quid a month or do they want you relying on their service instead? You're a guaranteed customer to them, hell you might even upgrade to higher speeds and give them more money!

Rudolf's Mate

If it's not the equivalent of Smart Setup (as has been said by Lucky etc) it could be your VPN itself. Which provider are you using because a lot of free ones throttle speeds as do a few paid ones.

If it's not the equivalent of Smart Setup (as has been said by Lucky etc) it could be your VPN itself. Which provider are you using because a lot of free ones throttle speeds as do a few paid ones.

Ipvanish?

Rudolf's Mate

Ipvanish?

Ah unlikely then. Meant to be one of the best on the market.

There was no football on so I'd think it highly unlikely TT had restricted users service. It wasn't long ago that people were saying they'd be least likely to take action and would only do so if forced by a court.

Ah unlikely then. Meant to be one of the best on the market.

There was no football on so I'd think it highly unlikely TT had restricted users service. It wasn't long ago that people were saying they'd be least likely to take action and would only do so if forced by a court.

Right. Its a strange one. I'll try disabling ipvanish see if it does anything.

Thanks [emoji106]

Rudolf's Mate

Right. Its a strange one. I'll try disabling ipvanish see if it does anything.

Thanks [emoji106]

Go on the original thing mentioned by Lucky and make sure HomeSafe is disabled. Google how to disable if not sure but this can stop addons within Kodi working. If turned off it can enable itself with router reboots/firmware updates.

Go on the original thing mentioned by Lucky and make sure HomeSafe is disabled. Google how to disable if not sure but this can stop addons within Kodi working. If turned off it can enable itself with router reboots/firmware updates.

Can I do that without internet though? Its not just kodi not working it's the internet itself. Its just odd it went off when my Mrs was messing about with ipvanish.

Rudolf's Mate

Can I do that without internet though? Its not just kodi not working it's the internet itself. Its just odd it went off when my Mrs was messing about with ipvanish.

Ah sorry [emoji85] It's unlikely to be anything to do with that or even Kodi then. That said if it's on your router, regardless of internet connection you should still be able to login and see if it's turned on. If you can't login to your router then likely it's that that's faulty.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Can anyone make any sense of this? My sportsmania sub ALWAYS stops working the day before my sub runs out, and I can't extend the sub or use new coupon till the day after. This mean's I cant access anything for those 2 days, surely it can't just be me?

Can anyone make any sense of this? My sportsmania sub ALWAYS stops working the day before my sub runs out, and I can't extend the sub or use new coupon till the day after. This mean's I cant access anything for those 2 days, surely it can't just be me?

Its a Kodi glitch. You should be able to use the website and app until it actually runs out.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Its a Kodi glitch. You should be able to use the website and app until it actually runs out.

Yeah i thought this too however same thing happens with website and app.

the stone rose

Is there a new code for sports mania yet? I?ve tried ITSCOMING. But saying not valid. Want to get renewed for Scotland games tomorrow.

Yeah i thought this too however same thing happens with website and app.

Think you'll have to look on the Mania Support Forum. I've only seen the Kodi issue on there and those that then try the website and app have said that works.

Edited by Chester?

Is there a new code for sports mania yet? I?ve tried ITSCOMING. But saying not valid. Want to get renewed for Scotland games tomorrow.

Thats the only code. Its to last a month. Check your sub expiry date. If its today, wait until tomorrow and it should work (though that might just be what to do anyway).

the stone rose

In terms of the code, also clicking the option to renew for one month, then entering the code, may work as well.

Thanks for this. Tried the one month option and it worked. Ta very much!

Ah sorry [emoji85] It's unlikely to be anything to do with that or even Kodi then. That said if it's on your router, regardless of internet connection you should still be able to login and see if it's turned on. If you can't login to your router then likely it's that that's faulty.

When you say log in to your router, what exactly do you mean? I can log into my talk talk account but don't know how to log in to my router?

Not having the internet is brutal! No kodi, no Netflix. TV is absolute balls.

Rudolf's Mate

When you say log in to your router, what exactly do you mean? I can log into my talk talk account but don't know how to log in to my router?

Not having the internet is brutal! No kodi, no Netflix. TV is absolute balls.

Look on the actual router for the IP address as it'll be stated there. BT is 192.168.1.254 type yours into your web browser and hit enter and you should get your router home page.

Looks like with Talk Talk you do it from your web account https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost/how-do-i-disable-homesafe/td-p/1869513

However it's clear that your issue isn't anything on the router. You should maybe have a look on Talk Talks community forum though it's looking like your issue will only be resolved by an engineer. Saying that they should have gone through some things re the router when you called up.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Look on the actual router for the IP address as it'll be stated there. BT is 192.168.1.254 type yours into your web browser and hit enter and you should get your router home page.

Looks like with Talk Talk you do it from your web account https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost/how-do-i-disable-homesafe/td-p/1869513

However it's clear that your issue isn't anything on the router. You should maybe have a look on Talk Talks community forum though it's looking like your issue will only be resolved by an engineer. Saying that they should have gone through some things re the router when you called up.

Aye. They've said they'll send an engineer out but looking like next week.

Just as well it's international break!

Thanks for your help [emoji106]

Rudolf's Mate

Aye. They've said they'll send an engineer out but looking like next week.

Just as well it's international break!

Thanks for your help [emoji106]

No worries bud.