Kodi again

Unknown user

Switched my router off for 24 hours over the weekend there, couldn't get anything to play yesterday. I wonder if talk talk have sneakily added something to block the streams. Hadn't rebooted for months and everything worked fine beforw

I'm having problems with talk talk. I don't think anything been blocked, its just no one can use the internet at the same time! If I'm streaming a movie or game as soon as someone goes on their phone or laptop the stream stops.

Hellish trying to watch the football and go on KB!

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

If everything has stopped working then depending on your provider log into your router and check something's not activated. For BT it's called Smart Setup and plays havoc with Kodi. You need to disable it. For Sky I think it's called shield. For other providers just google the name of your provider and blocking Kodi and it should give you instructions.

If my router has an update or reboots my Smart Setup can sometimes re-activate.

had to download apk for matrix tv i think i used es Explorer , cant remember where from though and i just start up Ip vanish on my fire box before i connect to matrix.

If i can find the site i?ll let you know

Cheers, I'll find it. Downloader as opposed to es explorer should do the same job. This seems a mighty simpler set-up than Kodi.

Interested to hear the take on Ace and other IPTV services. Sportsmania buffering is doing my head in. My sub still has a few months to run but time to try something else.

I have a wired 42 meg connection, AFTV box, PIA vpn...... all worked generally flawlessly for past couple of years but the streams have gone to shit much like their customer service. I?ve had great value over the years though so cant complain really!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Interested to hear the take on Ace and other IPTV services. Sportsmania buffering is doing my head in. My sub still has a few months to run but time to try something else.

I have a wired 42 meg connection, AFTV box, PIA vpn...... all worked generally flawlessly for past couple of years but the streams have gone to shit much like their customer service. I?ve had great value over the years though so cant complain really!

I've had no issues with SN or ace since getting a vpn.

I have much the same set up as you,except I've got infinity.

Cheers, I'll find it. Downloader as opposed to es explorer should do the same job. This seems a mighty simpler set-up than Kodi.

Yep downloader :-)

Wiped my kodi and done a fresh start as i did have a fair bit of keek on it that i had been playing about with and it is all fine now.

Anyone been able to add a TMDB list to Elysium, i followed the instructions and added my list but when i go into "My Elysium" then "TMDB watchlist" my folder is there but nothing happens when i click on it, do i need a "API" key ?.

I've had no issues with SN or ace since getting a vpn.

I have much the same set up as you,except I've got infinity.

I have BT infinity too. 42meg is he speed I get though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What VPN do you recommend?

I use PIA (private internet access). Doesn?t lower my download speed at all and the app is very simple to use (on Windows, Android or IOS). I think it costs about ?30 per year

luckyBatistuta

Watched the celtic game yesterday without a hitch.

I can't even watch that on the On Demand link, everything to do with football just jumps constantly.

Are the people having problems all with sky for broadband?

I am. The jumping on mania is so bad I am watching on Mobdro as its better.????

luckyBatistuta

Are the people having problems all with sky for broadband?

I'm with BT bud, its jumping every few seconds, just not watchable. A lot of football links won't play at all, but when I used a vpn (IPVanish) it just buffered endlessly. Was thinking about trying another vpn, as I was watching through Kodi, which is through my wifi. Idiot that I am, I forgot to try and watch the football (SM) on my computer, which is hard wired.

Is there nowhere you can watch EPL on a Saturday anymore? My Mania sub expires this month and I won't be renewing

I was watching Huddersfield Spurs earlier on Ace, but I guess you'd need a VPN in the uk

After constantly singing its praises Ace has been a pile of shite for me late afternoon. It was spot on for lunchtime KO however even with VPN it was a buffering mess.

I did manage to get the Chelsea v City game on NBCSN however the picture quality was pretty bad. Luckily my Mania only just ran out however Jack D gave me the current code. Again having to watch the game on NBCSN however the quality is far greater.

Not sure what's happened to Ace but I'm not sure I'll be renewing when it comes up.

After constantly singing its praises Ace has been a pile of shite for me late afternoon. It was spot on for lunchtime KO however even with VPN it was a buffering mess.

I did manage to get the Chelsea v City game on NBCSN however the picture quality was pretty bad. Luckily my Mania only just ran out however Jack D gave me the current code. Again having to watch the game on NBCSN however the quality is far greater.

Not sure what's happened to Ace but I'm not sure I'll be renewing when it comes up.

Was great for me at Spurs game.Never watched the other games though

I have no idea what happens with these things sometimes SD is a mess for me and FHD perfect haha

Tell me about it. I couldn't get anything to work on Mania without the VPN and that included the US channels.

If only I knew how to add the C.Bale smug pic, the same thing I've been using all year and mentioned it on here a few times. Spurs game fhd no buffering, too busy for a 3 ko then turned back on for full Chelsea game fhd no buffering

Rudolf's Mate

If only I knew how to add the C.Bale smug pic, the same thing I've been using all year and mentioned it on here a few times. Spurs game fhd no buffering, too busy for a 3 ko then turned back on for full Chelsea game fhd no buffering

Genuinely interested in who bud simply because the amount of providers I've seen being mentioned all having issues over last few weeks has been unreal. A lot I've not even heard of before.

Genuinely interested in who bud simply because the amount of providers I've seen being mentioned all having issues over last few weeks has been unreal. A lot I've not even heard of before.

mornin mate, I use perfect player on my firestick and mega iptv on my phone, my firestick will occasionally buffer when I'm at home with 100mb(pretty sure it's virgin throttling my line) whilst at work I'm on my works wifi which is only 12mb if you're lucky and it plays everything perfect. This being said my mate(who deals with all this server stuff) says that they have been too busy trying to maintain steady streams for footie that other channels are neglected when the footie is on. We are part of a closed fb group, he's kinda like a middleman for them and many people text him with issues to the extent that he says when our subs are up he's moving us over to a new provider as he's fed up with all the moaning texts he's getting for really stupid things. I've no idea when my subs up but when he switches it over for me I'll let you know how it is mate. Now that I've said all this I hope I don't jinx myself with today's games [emoji23]????

Rudolf's Mate

mornin mate, I use perfect player on my firestick and mega iptv on my phone, my firestick will occasionally buffer when I'm at home with 100mb(pretty sure it's virgin throttling my line) whilst at work I'm on my works wifi which is only 12mb if you're lucky and it plays everything perfect. This being said my mate(who deals with all this server stuff) says that they have been too busy trying to maintain steady streams for footie that other channels are neglected when the footie is on. We are part of a closed fb group, he's kinda like a middleman for them and many people text him with issues to the extent that he says when our subs are up he's moving us over to a new provider as he's fed up with all the moaning texts he's getting for really stupid things. I've no idea when my subs up but when he switches it over for me I'll let you know how it is mate. Now that I've said all this I hope I don't jinx myself with today's games [emoji23]????

Think I'll stick with Mania. Hadn't actually had an issue however was happy to try Ace. Tried it and whilst it's been ace (no pun) looking like the wheels have come off. Loads of people saying they can't even get access with VPN.

Think I'll stick with Mania. Hadn't actually had an issue however was happy to try Ace. Tried it and whilst it's been ace (no pun) looking like the wheels have come off. Loads of people saying they can't even get access with VPN.

yeah tbh it pickles ma heed all this server and vpn nonsense so I just get my mate to fix it, I guess it's a case of getting a setup that works for you and staying with it till it goes tits up, then it starts all over again [emoji23] have a good day mate [emoji106]

Ace is a shambles with a vpn and when matches are being streamed you can?t access without one. Won?t renew.

Mania still the best out there.

No EPL on Mania Saturdays though.

jack D and coke

Since when? Never had a problem with that before?

Fraggle Rock

Works fine for me. 

Should work if you have a VPN...... most people have been having some buffering issues though (myself included) whereas it was perfect for me before.

jack D and coke

Last 3 weeks

Works fine for me.

Aye kinda thought so myself although I haven?t watched any for a week or two.

Should work if you have a VPN...... most people have been having some buffering issues though (myself included) whereas it was perfect for me before.

Excuse my tech ignorance bud but a VPN? Seen it mentioned elsewhere?

jack D and coke

Excuse my tech ignorance bud but a VPN? Seen it mentioned elsewhere?

Hides your IP address and let?s you access geo-locked content. IE you can watch American Netflix here or BBC iplayer when abroad etc.

It?s basically to stop your ISP seeing what you?re streaming or downloading etc.

Hides your IP address and let?s you access geo-locked content. IE you can watch American Netflix here or BBC iplayer when abroad etc.

It?s basically to stop your ISP seeing what you?re streaming or downloading etc.

Ah. How does one obtain a VPN?

What device are you using?

Amazon firestick. I've been reading that Virgin may be using "soft blocking" to stop some Kodi streas. Gonna look into that

Edited by Jamhammer

jack D and coke

Amazon firestick. I've been reading that Virgin may be using "soft blocking" to stop some Kodi streas. Gonna look into that

You can download the IP Vanish app from the amazon store and subscribe from their website. I?ve had issues using it with ACE tv but it?s flawless with sportsmania. You can then download the app on your phone or tablet and also use on the pc/laptop.

All fairly easy to use.

luckyBatistuta

You can download the IP Vanish app from the amazon store and subscribe from their website. I?ve had issues using it with ACE tv but it?s flawless with sportsmania. You can then download the app on your phone or tablet and also use on the pc/laptop.

All fairly easy to use.

What speed are you getting. I'm getting 32mb with BT and just binned my IP Vanish. It was allowing me to access the sport that was being blocked by my ISP, but it just buffered continuously, so cancelled it.

All fairly easy to use.

Ta mate I'll look into it

jack D and coke

What speed are you getting. I'm getting 32mb with BT and just binned my IP Vanish. It was allowing me to access the sport that was being blocked by my ISP, but it just buffered continuously, so cancelled it.

I?m on about 50mb but it?s unwatchable through Ace but flawless on mania whether that?s on my box or through my phone or tablet with matrix.

I assume you?ve tried switching the servers of the vpn?