Kodi again

Unknown user

Space Mackerel

I want to know what the guys making the decisions for Sky, BT, HBO and all the other big companies trying to get all this stuff blocked think they are achieving. They might be able to scare a few new Comers from jumping on the band wagon but for everyone one they do 5-10 more are jumping ship.

Whilst saving money is a massive factor in this I certainly feel there are many other factors at play. For example, paying billions of pounds for the EPL and lumping the bill at the doors of customers. Also, the fact Kodi/sportsmania actually offer a far better service and product than sky or any of these big companies. What about The awful customer service that these companies offer. Also, offering new customers the best packages whilst Ripping off the the loyal customer you already have.

I think it is sinking in now that this is or at least could become a Massive problem. Though, rather than address the route cause of the problem, which is their pricing structure and awful overall service in comparison, they are attempting tho threaten and cull the same set of people they want to win back. Terrible strategy.

They only have themselves to blame. There is only so long you can rip people off before they bite back and that's what is happening. I have no idea what will happen in the future but I certainly think massive change will be happening.

The music business at least responded with spotify and the like.

If Kodi died the morn I wouldn't go back to sky unless they seriously addressed their product and pricing structure.

If there was no Sky, BT, HBO, Netflix, Amazon TV, Now etc there probably wouldn't be any Kodi.

Someone has to finance the above so thank your lucky stars.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

luckyBatistuta

I want to know what the guys making the decisions for Sky, BT, HBO and all the other big companies trying to get all this stuff blocked think they are achieving. They might be able to scare a few new Comers from jumping on the band wagon but for everyone one they do 5-10 more are jumping ship.

Whilst saving money is a massive factor in this I certainly feel there are many other factors at play. For example, paying billions of pounds for the EPL and lumping the bill at the doors of customers. Also, the fact Kodi/sportsmania actually offer a far better service and product than sky or any of these big companies. What about The awful customer service that these companies offer. Also, offering new customers the best packages whilst Ripping off the the loyal customer you already have.

I think it is sinking in now that this is or at least could become a Massive problem. Though, rather than address the route cause of the problem, which is their pricing structure and awful overall service in comparison, they are attempting tho threaten and cull the same set of people they want to win back. Terrible strategy.

They only have themselves to blame. There is only so long you can rip people off before they bite back and that's what is happening. I have no idea what will happen in the future but I certainly think massive change will be happening.

The music business at least responded with spotify and the like.

If Kodi died the morn I wouldn't go back to sky unless they seriously addressed their product and pricing structure.

The fact that pretty much everyone I knew that was signed up to Sky was on a better deal than myself was the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else. I was with them from day one on the full package and multiple boxes(the only thing I didn't have was the Willie Thorne)

jack D and coke

The fact that pretty much everyone I knew that was signed up to Sky was on a better deal than myself was the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else. I was with them from day one on the full package and multiple boxes(the only thing I didn't have was the Willie Thorne)

The Thomas Bjorn[emoji1]

Don't know if you've installed whitecream but bloody hell whoever does that addon I'd like to get that fella a beer[emoji23][emoji23]

Rudolf's Mate

The Thomas Bjorn[emoji1]

Don't know if you've installed whitecream but bloody hell whoever does that addon I'd like to get that fella a beer[emoji23][emoji23]

Never looked at that one    :callme:

I'm still on Erotik linked with Openload/Real-Debrid. Anything longer than 5-6 mins seems pointless :look:

jack D and coke

Never looked at that one :callme:

I'm still on Erotik linked with Openload/Real-Debrid. Anything longer than 5-6 mins seems pointless :look:

Does that use real debrid?[emoji23][emoji23] ach ill mibbe have a wee look then :clumshot:

Rudolf's Mate

Does that use real debrid?[emoji23][emoji23] ach ill mibbe have a wee look then :clumshot:

:lol: Aye it does buddy however 90% of the content is Openload sources using RD. You get that daft message to link it by visiting the Openload URL however it takes about 10 secs :ruiner:

luckyBatistuta

The Thomas Bjorn[emoji1]

I think I may have come across that one :wink:

:lol: Aye it does buddy however 90% of the content is Openload sources using RD. You get that daft message to link it by visiting the Openload URL however it takes about 10 secs :ruiner:

10 seconds you say

IMG_2717.gif

No Hearts game on Sportsmania?

Not looking good man.

Disser Pointon

My exodus isn't showing any recent movies available only stuff from 2014 and it was fine last night. I've tried updating, anything else I can try?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

Rudolf's Mate

My exodus isn't showing any recent movies available only stuff from 2014 and it was fine last night. I've tried updating, anything else I can try?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had similar a while back and despite updating it didn't resolve it. Within Exodus itself go into tools and there's an option in there to update. I'd been doing it via system, settings, addons however doing it from Exodus fixed it.

This only happened to me once and it's been fine ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disser Pointon

I had similar a while back and despite updating it didn't resolve it. Within Exodus itself go into tools and there's an option in there to update. I'd been doing it via system, settings, addons however doing it from Exodus fixed it.

This only happened to me once and it's been fine ever since.

I did a force close on Kodi then started it up again and it was back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

I did a force close on Kodi then started it up again and it was back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool. I realised that I was getting Mania and Exodus mixed up [emoji85]

I just downloaded kodi on the laptop how do I find add ons?

search youtube 'kodi for beginners' that ought to find you the basics

jack D and coke

Hearts tv is pretty much no more as is hibs, Celtic and Rangers tv.

They've sussed the likes of sportsmania out I think.

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone with Zen been able to link their Real-Debrid account? Tried several time and it's said it was successful but it doesn't pull any RD sources in.

Better call Saul

Hearts tv is pretty much no more as is hibs, Celtic and Rangers tv.

They've sussed the likes of sportsmania out I think.

They will suss a way around this

Tommy Brown

story just out that isps will be banning streams? how will that effect kodi?

https://torrentfreak.com/new-uk-kodi-piracy-blocking-injunction-is-a-pretty-scary-beast-170314/

Be interesting to see how it pans out. It may have a big effect on the likes of Sportsmania.

For me Kodi is all about movies and boxsets, if they do manage to disrupt sports streams, hey-ho. I miss out, but I certainly won't be renewing any Sky subscription on the back of it.

Be interesting to see how it pans out. It may have a big effect on the likes of Sportsmania.

For me Kodi is all about movies and boxsets, if they do manage to disrupt sports streams, hey-ho. I miss out, but I certainly won't be renewing any Sky subscription on the back of it.

Exact same boat.

Hi folks got a fire stick and looking to put kodi on it with exodus and sportsnation, can anyone post a decent guide link?

Much appreciated

Edited by MacPhee

Hi folks got a fire stick and looking to put kodi on it with exodus and sportsnation, can anyone post a decent guide link?

Much appreciated

Google 'Troypoint Kodi'.

Unknown user

More than anything else, they have to be SEEN to doing something about it so people are put off.

Where there's a will there's a way - if they shut down one way, another will pop up sooner or later

Rudolf's Mate

Not clued up on VPN. Can you get them for mobiles?

Yep, iPhones & iPads have a section in general settings to set them up.

For as long as I can remember there has always been piracy. From video tapes, dodgy cable boxes to card sharing, DVD/CD burning, torrents, dodgy Internet streams, and now Kodi and the rise of Android boxes.

When there is a will there is a way.

Kinda same here too. Having got a box at first for the attraction of watching 3pm EPL kick offs, I think I have watched 3 of those in 2 years. Of other live football I mostly watch Hearts games and the odd Super Sunday if its a big game. If football streaming finished tomorrow I'd have a decision to make about how and where I would watch live football. For Hearts its easy. I'd go to more away games probably.I rarely miss a home game so Hearts TV on kodi isn't really an issue for me and I can VPN them if needs be.The rest of it ? I'd get by I think.

Movies and box sets would be a devastating loss for me and a big chunk out of my entertainment life. I'd have little choice but to go back to an official Sky subscription, costing upwards of ?70 a month. Nightmare scenario.

Edited by CollyWolly

Unknown user

For as long as I can remember there has always been piracy. From video tapes, dodgy cable boxes to card sharing, DVD/CD burning, torrents, dodgy Internet streams, and now Kodi and the rise of Android boxes.

When there is a will there is a way.

Precise mon ami.

The cat does not go back in the bag

Unknown user

Just got On-Tapp. Works brilliantly with Ultimatemania. Really pleased. IMG_4464.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great eh?

Go into ontapp tools addon to add more skins and there's an option somewhere to make reminders actually do something!

It's great eh?

Go into ontapp tools addon to add more skins and there's an option somewhere to make reminders actually do something!

Really impressed. Brilliant, will check it out. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimme an H...

Anyone having problems with Exodus just now?

I'm getting timeouts on films and TV shows when it searches for a stream. I'm running RealDebrid too.

Any ideas?

I'm getting timeouts on films and TV shows when it searches for a stream. I'm running RealDebrid too.

Any ideas?

Yeah had that last night.

luckyBatistuta

Any ideas?

Not at my end, just watched two movies and no problems at all.

Gimme an H...

Not at my end, just watched two movies and no problems at all.

Yeah this was last night, will try again tonight. Must've just been a temp outage.

Good sign that you've had no problems today.

luckyBatistuta

Yeah this was last night, will try again tonight. Must've just been a temp outage.

Good sign that you've had no problems today.

Oops, hopefully working for you tonight.

Rudolf's Mate

Any ideas?

I tried updating the addon (last night) however that failed. I updated the repo itself and that seemed to fix it for me. 

heartsfc_fan

Any ideas?

I was aswell. Updated it and working now.

Edited by heartsfc_fan