Kodi again

Unknown user

Why you wanting to change it buddy?

I have it and find it great

Thanks guys and the reason is sportsnation runs slow as, I think I might have one install over the other and sports replays keeps jumping. Doing my head in. Even after upgrading.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

chester copperpot

Thanks guys and the reason is sportsnation runs slow as, I think I might have one install over the other and sports replays keeps jumping. Doing my head in. Even after upgrading.

Try going into the maintenance part of Sam's build and rerunning it mate. I've done this a couple of times and seems to have worked a treat

Thanks for the advice mate I chose the begin from new bit and it's wiped the hole thing. Now when I try to install sports nation, got to instal from zip, select it the folders empty. Absolutely doing my head in.

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks for the advice mate I chose the begin from new bit and it's wiped the hole thing. Now when I try to install sports nation, got to instal from zip, select it the folders empty. Absolutely doing my head in.

2 boxes both identical setup and 1 lets me install Mania and the other doesn't. I had to follow this to do the other one.

https://youtu.be/tf5rNKz5aO4

Apparently loads of people having similar issues so they did alternative setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luckyBatistuta

Anyone having problems with sportsnation tonight watching the golf?

I'm out watching it on an iPad and it's working fine.

IMG_2904.jpg

luckyBatistuta

The streams are fine and good quality. But it keeps chucking me out. Tried a few different channels as well.

If I've ever had that then it's been solely down to my BT router, just unplugged it and started it all back up and then it's run like a dream.

If I've ever had that then it's been solely down to my BT router, just unplugged it and started it all back up and then it's run like a dream.

Ill give it a shot mate

Everything on sports nation is buffering even replays. Mamahd on sports devil for once running a dream for the golf

chester copperpot

My SM has worked absolutely flawless tnite. Weird how some work brill and some do not.

Since I've changed to Virgin media and got an AFTV box I have had zero issues tbh

chester copperpot

*edit

Probably because Airdrie would be the last place on earth that Sky or Virgin would look to spike.

The only spiking going on here is into veins :lol:

*edit meant Airdrie not actually me!!!

Edited by chester copperpot

Rudolf's Mate

It wasn't constant but I had some issues on the 1080p source. I selected the HD one and it was fine.

Haven't had these minor irritants since updating to 17.1 however I don't trust my routers at the moment tbh. Had niggly issues with them for a few weeks and will be replacing them over coming weeks.

Space Mackerel

1080p was flawless for me on the big TV all night.

I switched to a SD stream for my tablet when I went upstairs to my kip. SD is more than adequate for phones and tablet viewing.

So I got the new T8v5 & easily installed Kodi17.1.

Then installed Phoenix & Exodus and ONE242415 which all works perfectly.

Loaded the Sportsmania repo & installed it but the add-on wont load up? What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Pans Jambo

luckyBatistuta

1080p was flawless for me on the big TV all night.

I switched to a SD stream for my tablet when I went upstairs to my kip. SD is more than adequate for phones and tablet viewing.

I've found that also, that its better to drop the quality slightly on a tablet for a smoother viewing. SD still looks good on an iPad anyway.

http://troypoint.com/how-to-update-kodi-on-fire-tv/

This is a handy tool for updating uou to the latest version of Kodi, I was having the sane issues as everyone else and this has stopped the buffering and losing streams

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I've tried this and now my Kodi goes black for a few secs then just returns to the main screen (i.e. before you open it) do I have to uninstall?

I've tried this and now my Kodi goes black for a few secs then just returns to the main screen (i.e. before you open it) do I have to uninstall?

No I just followed the instructions and it worked a treat

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mine did that as well. If you go to manage installed apps and clear cache and clear data it should fix it. Then you can start the install your add ons

chester copperpot

Anyone with Virgin for broadband and recommend them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I cannot fault them mate.

I switched from talk talk as we were getting issues with 4 of us using the WiFi and since switching, not only are the kids getting a strong signal in their rooms, the speed is brilliant and all 4 of us can use it at the same time.

Plus it's the only fibre optic available in my area so I may be slightly biased!

Rudolf's Mate

I cannot fault them mate.

I switched from talk talk as we were getting issues with 4 of us using the WiFi and since switching, not only are the kids getting a strong signal in their rooms, the speed is brilliant and all 4 of us can use it at the same time.

Plus it's the only fibre optic available in my area so I may be slightly biased!

I've been with BT for years bud and I'm on their fastest BB however I've been having issues, which I thought might be my main router. Called them this morning (contract also ends in 30 days) and was told my best price would see an increase of ?10 and also see me being charged ?65 for their new router [emoji35]

Called their faults team who found that the routers does have a fault so it's being replaced free and logged into my account to see they were offering me the phone & bb at the same price I'm currently paying!

I'll stay where I am now bud [emoji3] I only pay ?18 for 76mbps which has been perfect until my router started playing up.

Loaded the Sportsmania repo & installed it but the add-on wont load up? What am I doing wrong?

Sorted. Had to uncheck an automaitic update thingy. Working now.

So I can now swear at Dundee TV tomorrow!!'

Mine did that as well. If you go to manage installed apps and clear cache and clear data it should fix it. Then you can start the install your add ons

Well that seems to have given me the latest version but with no add ons. Also my home screen on the firestick is now totally blank

chester copperpot

I've been with BT for years bud and I'm on their fastest BB however I've been having issues, which I thought might be my main router. Called them this morning (contract also ends in 30 days) and was told my best price would see an increase of ?10 and also see me being charged ?65 for their new router [emoji35]

Called their faults team who found that the routers does have a fault so it's being replaced free and logged into my account to see they were offering me the phone & bb at the same price I'm currently paying!

I'll stay where I am now bud [emoji3] I only pay ?18 for 76mbps which has been perfect until my router started playing up.

:thumb:

Edited by chester copperpot

Quick question i had to reinstall Kodi after i got a black screen after update no problem now and it's working fine.Do you guys use a VPN on your firestick/box and if so what one ?

Rudolf's Mate

Quick question i had to reinstall Kodi after i got a black screen after update no problem now and it's working fine.Do you guys use a VPN on your firestick/box and if so what one ?

As of last time of checking/trying them out (12+ months ago) there was no working VPN solution for Fire devices. There was an addon you could get however I couldn't get it to work properly. You can setup DNS on them however I found this blocked more content than it allowed! Last time I tried that (DNS) was about 2 years ago though so might be worth trying it again.

If I ever really need it I'll buy a cheapish router, set it up as a repeater and set DNS up on that. That way I can flick easily between having it activated or not. Probably other ways of doing it.

As of last time of checking/trying them out (12+ months ago) there was no working VPN solution for Fire devices. There was an addon you could get however I couldn't get it to work properly. You can setup DNS on them however I found this blocked more content than it allowed! Last time I tried that (DNS) was about 2 years ago though so might be worth trying it again.

If I ever really need it I'll buy a cheapish router, set it up as a repeater and set DNS up on that. That way I can flick easily between having it activated or not. Probably other ways of doing it.

Yeah think it's only Firestick 2 you can set VPN on.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah think it's only Firestick 2 you can set VPN on.

I've not looked into it for ages bud so someone might have devised a way. I'm also with BT which means you can only setup specific DNS providers that they allow.

That's interesting you can do it on F2 though.

I've not looked into it for ages bud so someone might have devised a way. I'm also with BT which means you can only setup specific DNS providers that they allow.

That's interesting you can do it on F2 though.

Yeah i got the guide from Troypoint but they have a paid one in their link was just wondering if you can get a free one

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah i got the guide from Troypoint but they have a paid one in their link was just wondering if you can get a free one

A lot of VPN's speeds are throttled and it tends to be paid ones that don't. Even then some of the paid ones actually limit your usage. I use SmartDNS which also has a VPN service however I couldn't get the VPN to work with the box.

A lot of VPN's speeds are throttled and it tends to be paid ones that don't. Even then some of the paid ones actually limit your usage. I use SmartDNS which also has a VPN service however I couldn't get the VPN to work with the box.

I will just leave it then.I was just following the guys guide right through but if there is no need i wont bother.Got to say i am much happier now it all looks much cleaner and simplified on 17.1

Added UFC Finest so with that and Exodus that's all i need.

Rudolf's Mate

I will just leave it then.I was just following the guys guide right through but if there is no need i wont bother.Got to say i am much happier now it all looks much cleaner and simplified on 17.1

Added UFC Finest so with that and Exodus that's all i need.

I like the look of 17.1 but it's a bugger navigating when setting shit up [emoji85]

On a side note. Anyone on Twitter should follow Kodi (official) as it's a right hoot. The amount of posters asking them about pre-loaded boxes and why does their film cut out [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I like the look of 17.1 but it's a bugger navigating when setting shit up [emoji85]

On a side note. Anyone on Twitter should follow Kodi (official) as it's a right hoot. The amount of posters asking them about pre-loaded boxes and why does their film cut out [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry if i am nipping your head now how do you get the thumbnail view to stay on Exodus so it gives it a kind of Netflix look.I get it to do it but it never saves it

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry if i am nipping your head now how do you get the thumbnail view to stay on Exodus so it gives it a kind of Netflix look.I get it to do it but it never saves it

Go into Exodus and tools/settings and there's one called view types. Play around until you get the one you want [emoji1303]

Go into Exodus and tools/settings and there's one called view types. Play around until you get the one you want [emoji1303]

Thanks man you are all a great bunch of guys of this thread

Thanks man you are all a great bunch of guys of this thread

It's quite brilliant that we can come together to save tons of cash and get it right up the cable/sky companies.

Must have converted hundreds on this thread alone.

crunchy frog

It's quite brilliant that we can come together to save tons of cash and get it right up the cable/sky companies.

I've never looked back mate, all thanks to this thread!

I had Kodi about 3 years ago on my tablet hardly watched anything with it.Now though it's a different story.Going to get a box or a stick for the bedroom next.Got one for the in-laws and in the process of convincing her sister to get one as well. Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke

Turn off auto update. Uninstall the repo, turn off the auto update of addons in the settings. Re-install the repo and then install mania.

Switch auto updates back on after that[emoji1360]

chester copperpot

All sorted now. Just need a decent sports site. Sports angel not great.

Why don't you fork out for Mania mate?

Seriously, it's worth it big time

Rudolf's Mate

Favour....

Those with 17.1 & Real-Debrid. Can you try Angry Birds (kids honest) and tell me what you get when you try the RD links [emoji1303]