Kodi again

Unknown user

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

They are tweeting to use their website to watch the boxing

I've got full HD perfect stream on SN. It is/was the last lnk.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Henry. Henry.

First link on Sportsmania was glorious but there was a sizeable minority of people with problems. Always fun reading the Facebook page for the meltdowns.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I've installed Kodi on my fire stick. What do I do next?

Follow this guide to install specto, it will give you films & box sets

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-specto-kodi/

For sport I'd use sportsnation, costs about pound a week and gives you all sport in HD

http://sportsnationhd.tv/view.php?pg=kodiinstallation

This gives you a few other add ons

https://seo-michael.co.uk/top-10-add-ons/

I also use the fire TV phone app (free), the keyboard makes typing a lot easier

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Remote-App/dp/B00ODIASKC

This will get you mobdro on the fire stick (you won't access this via kodi) it's OK for free sport and other channels

https://www.atherstech.com/2016/01/17/install-mobdro-on-amazon-fire-sticktv/

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Tommy Brown

I've installed Kodi on my fire stick. What do I do next?

Follow this you tube video

I recommend Exodus and Pheonix. For film and box sets.

If you want it for football streams your best looking into Sportsnation HD.

This is something you will pay A small subscription for ?26/6 months and another dowmload to install onto Kodi.

Don't be phased by this, follow the video and you cannot go wrong, just ask for advice, plenty on here to ask.

We all started out the same way, sceptical and unsure. But blown away with what we found. :smile:

Welcome aboard the good shop Kodi.

GorgieMIlls

Ive downloaded SALT onto my Android box as I'm trying to get an alternative for movies other than Exodus but it doesn't bring any streams through - anyone got any ideas what I've failed to do.

Cheers

Ive downloaded SALT onto my Android box as I'm trying to get an alternative for movies other than Exodus but it doesn't bring any streams through - anyone got any ideas what I've failed to do.

Cheers

Sometimes you need to click the movie twice to get streams up. Dunno why.

neal-jambos

I've been having a bit of trouble lately with kodi. Reset my box about a month ago to remove the build and now only have sportsmania and exodus on it with real-debrid and everything was working fine initiallly. However the last couple of days, on exodus after I pause something then press play again the sound will continue but the picture doesn't move. I need to come out the programme and film then resume to get it to work again.

Similarly on sportsmania after it buffers (which has been more frequent lately) the sound will continue but not the picture. I need to come out the stream then back in to fix it.

I've tried the usual clear cookies, cache, etc but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before or got any ideas how to fix it?

I don't know if my T8 box now being 18 months old is having an impact and if it would be better if I got a new fire tv box? My internet is hard wired 18mbps download to the box, ping is 36 and upload 1.8 which seems alright and similar to when it was working fine. Cheers for any help.

Edited by neal-jambos

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Thanks for all the help, now up and running. Downloaded mobdro and exodus thats all i will need.

:thumbsup:

If you go to liveonsat.com it will list the channels showing live football. Either choose the date from the drop down menu or click on the flag for the league.

Rudolf's Mate

I've been having a bit of trouble lately with kodi. Reset my box about a month ago to remove the build and now only have sportsmania and exodus on it with real-debrid and everything was working fine initiallly. However the last couple of days, on exodus after I pause something then press play again the sound will continue but the picture doesn't move. I need to come out the programme and film then resume to get it to work again.

Similarly on sportsmania after it buffers (which has been more frequent lately) the sound will continue but not the picture. I need to come out the stream then back in to fix it.

I've tried the usual clear cookies, cache, etc but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before or got any ideas how to fix it?

I don't know if my T8 box now being 18 months old is having an impact and if it would be better if I got a new fire tv box? My internet is hard wired 18mbps download to the box, ping is 36 and upload 1.8 which seems alright and similar to when it was working fine. Cheers for any help.

Have you tried tweaking video acceleration settings? Been such a long time since I had to play around with that however it's covered here.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/complete-guide-to-kodi-settings-2016/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine on Monday and wow can't believe the content.Currently changing everything to infowall to give it the nextflix kind of look I will be here forever :-)

I just use Kodi through my desktop and swap a hdmi cable from my moniter into the tv if I want a comfy seat to watch something, is there any benefit to the fire sticks?

I just use Kodi through my desktop and swap a hdmi cable from my moniter into the tv if I want a comfy seat to watch something, is there any benefit to the fire sticks?

Not if your happy with what your doing. Only benefit would be not having to connect up a HDMI

Not if your happy with what your doing. Only benefit would be not having to connect up a HDMI

That's what I thought just double checking. Haven't had any luck finding trainspotting 2 anywhere on kodi has anyone?

The Premier League has secured a court order to help tackle rights-infringing video streams of football matches via so-called Kodi set-top boxes.

The order gives the league the means to have computer servers used to power the streams blocked.

Until now, it could only go after individual video streams which were relatively easy to re-establish at different links.

A spokesman said it could now target pirates in a "precise manner".

"For the first time this will enable the Premier League to disrupt and prevent the illegal streaming of our matches via IPTV, so-called Kodi, boxes," he added.

That's what I thought just double checking. Haven't had any luck finding trainspotting 2 anywhere on kodi has anyone?

Still in the cinema so doubt there will any decent sources yet.

Getting fed up with the fire stick. Being lazy and not scrolling back - what's everyones fav android box?

I just bought the T8 V from The Entertainment Box. ?115 by the time you get the double sided remote.

Fabulous piece of kit.

The Premier League has secured a court order to help tackle rights-infringing video streams of football matches via so-called Kodi set-top boxes.

The order gives the league the means to have computer servers used to power the streams blocked.

Until now, it could only go after individual video streams which were relatively easy to re-establish at different links.

A spokesman said it could now target pirates in a "precise manner".

"For the first time this will enable the Premier League to disrupt and prevent the illegal streaming of our matches via IPTV, so-called Kodi, boxes," he added.

Reply from willow on Facebook regarding this.

"Right this is my 1 and only post about this guys so please refrain from making new ones.

Yes i've seen the news "S*y have permission to try to take down streaming devices,

Will this affect any of the services i run?

No not in the slightest,

As i have said in the past i already have about 10 backup plans.

So hypothetically lets say something on SM/SNHD/UM was blocked what would be the downtime?

Honest answer: about 5 minutes.

Why not longer than 5 minutes? well if i told everyone then it wouldn't be a plan would it but you guys have trusted me for coming up now 5 years and we are still here so stop worrying if there is anything that concerns me you guys will be the 1st to hear it.

Now enjoy the service you pay for and stop worrying and leave that to me and if i'm not worrying neither should you!"

"Right this is my 1 and only post about this guys so please refrain from making new ones.

Yes i've seen the news "S*y have permission to try to take down streaming devices,

No not in the slightest,

So hypothetically lets say something on SM/SNHD/UM was blocked what would be the downtime?

Why not longer than 5 minutes? well if i told everyone then it wouldn't be a plan would it but you guys have trusted me for coming up now 5 years and we are still here so stop worrying if there is anything that concerns me you guys will be the 1st to hear it.

Now enjoy the service you pay for and stop worrying and leave that to me and if i'm not worrying neither should you!"

I'd question why the EPL would bother going to court if they were only disrupting streams for 5mins at a time?

No not in the slightest,

Is willow the chap that runs sportsnation/mania?

Rudolf's Mate

I'd question why the EPL would bother going to court if they were only disrupting streams for 5mins at a time?

I can't remember who sent it but I think it was Jack D.

A study was done fairly recently by an independent company regarding the streaming of sports via Kodi. If memory serves it was sanctioned by the main providers and possibly the government. The conclusion was that it was likened to 'whacka mole'. You'd take one down another will almost instantly pop up. The report stated that their belief was the only way to combat it effectively was for the main providers to lower their prices!

Not going to happen so they'll continue to go down the 'whacka mole' route.

A study was done fairly recently by an independent company regarding the streaming of sports via Kodi. If memory serves it was sanctioned by the main providers and possibly the government. The conclusion was that it was likened to 'whacka mole'. You'd take one down another will almost instantly pop up. The report stated that their belief was the only way to combat it effectively was for the main providers to lower their prices!

Thats exactly the view taken by most of the internet providers in the UK, Virgin especially. Pissing in the wind springs to mind.

luckyBatistuta

Is willow the chap that runs sportsnation/mania?

Yup

Thats exactly the way i see it bud. There is no point in worrying about something that might happen, until it actually does and even then there will just be something else to replace it. How many years have the music/film industry been trying to stop it and we can still pretty much have everything we want in minutes.

jack D and coke

Because printing it in the papers puts people off. I've offered kodi to a few mates who have sent me links to stuff like this and then they haven't bothered thinking they're wasting their time.

Putting it out there does put some people off.

luckyBatistuta

Because printing it in the papers puts people off. I've offered kodi to a few mates who have sent me links to stuff like this and then they haven't bothered thinking they're wasting their time.

Putting it out there does put some people off.

Lost count of how many friends and family i've recommend it to, only for them to panic and say they'll get arrested or charged.

The best of it is, a few of them have ended up getting Kodi and SM in the end and wished they'd done it sooner. :facepalm:

Was banging on about SM from the first day i got it to my parents, went on and on about it, but they were scared. They finally decided to get it, but a week too late, so had to sign up to UM instead.

I just bought the T8 V from The Entertainment Box. ?115 by the time you get the double sided remote.

Fabulous piece of kit.

Have you had a T8 before? If so, what's the benefits of the V against the previous versions? I'm still using my V2 and it still works well, but have pondered upgrading incase it packs in sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Have you had a T8 before? If so, what's the benefits of the V against the previous versions? I'm still using my V2 and it still works well, but have pondered upgrading incase it packs in sooner than later.

I've got the latest T8 V4 and it's no better than the AFTV 4K box. Both great but AFTV a bit cheaper too.

I've got the latest T8 V4 and it's no better than the AFTV 4K box. Both great but AFTV a bit cheaper too.

Android imo is more accessible and easier to use the the AFTV. Access to the Google play store, access to the Internet directly and can download apps such as Mobdro and Ultimate mania direct without having to use Kodi. You can work around this on the AFTV but I would rather pay an extra ?5-10 for ease of use.

Imo anyways.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Watching the cricket and the sound is way ahead of the pictures.

I've tried the audio offset to the max but still not enough.

I've tried different streams but no luck.

Anything else I could try? Cheers in advance.

jack D and coke

Watching the cricket and the sound is way ahead of the pictures.

I've tried the audio offset to the max but still not enough.

I've tried different streams but no luck.

Anything else I could try? Cheers in advance.

Daft question time.....you have tried both ways backwards and forwards?

Other than that just pause the stream and play again sometimes works.

Daft question time.....you have tried both ways backwards and forwards?

Other than that just pause the stream and play again sometimes works.

Haha sussed i had to go backwards. Seems to be fine just . Don't know what happened but it's ok so all good. Cheers

crunchy frog

I've had a T8 v3 and now have a T8 v4. I actually preferred the v3 it was smaller just as powerful and less intrusive. Maybe I just got one of a dodgy batch of v4s but it certainly seems to freeze a lot more than the old box. My advice is stick with what you've got if it works for you mate and don't be swayed by the ads for the latest super duper boxes cos you'll barely notice the difference. Edited by crunchy frog

Go to the play store and download SPMC,it's by the same developers as Kodi but is built for android

Ive had a couple of T8's back in the early days.......lol. Recently Ive been using an M8. The T8 V is the best and the quickest of any machine I have ever used. Is it any better than a 4 or a 3 ? I wouldn't know, I imagine not hugely.

So is it easy to delete stuff off Kodi my box has come with an xxx section installed.Mrs not too happy haha

luckyBatistuta

Willow has posted this...

*****IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FOR SM SUBSCRIBERS ONLY*****

Right as promised we are going to do the change over from our old host to the new one this will be done around the 10:30pm UK TIME / 5.30pm USA TIME lol, We have chosen this time as there is hardly anything on but in any case there is never a good time to have downtime but i guess tonight is the best time, SM will be down for around 30 mins when we do this tonight but this is for the best guys as i said from here on out i am on a mission to make sure we nail every single PPV from now on and i have gone out and bought the most powerful, fastest server i can find it wasn't cheap but who cares i refuse to be beaten so all im asking is for a bit of patience while we do the switch over, Then what you guys will have to do is the following:

ON YOUR KODI ADDON:

METHOD 1:

1) Highlight our Kodi Addon by simply scrolling down to it http://prntscr.com/ehw8oj notice how its highlighted in blue.

2) Hold the "OK" button on your remote control until you see this: http://prntscr.com/ehvjpc

3) Click Addon Settings

4) Click where it says "Click Me to reset all settings" http://prntscr.com/ehvzfh

5) Come out of the that and click on our addon and it will ask for your log in details

6) Log in and thats it.

OR

METHOD 2:

If your already on the addon when we do the switch over DO NOT back out of the addon simply do the following:

1) Maintenance Tools

2) Delete Cookie

3) Thats it, easy eh!

So my recommendation is at 10:30pm tonight make sure your on the addon and logged in then do method 2 and job done.

REMEMBER DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL I TELL YOU GUYS TO DO IT.

You won't need to do anything for the site or the android app just sit tight and wait for my post to say its back.

I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD WHEN THE CHANGE OVER IS DONE SO THEN YOU CAN DO THE ABOVE AND THAT WILL BE IT.

This is for Sports Mania Only Guys!

jack D and coke

Any chance of getting the Hearts game tomorrow or are the Scottish club teams channels still dead in the water?

I read the other day that's not been fixed yet. I believe they've been working on it but not looking good for Hearts, Hibs, Rangers or Celtic TV anymore.

Disser Pointon

I read the other day that's not been fixed yet. I believe they've been working on it but not looking good for Hearts, Hibs, Rangers or Celtic TV anymore.

Yeah, figured as much mate, hopefully they can get a work around eventually but not looking good.

So is it easy to delete stuff off Kodi my box has come with an xxx section installed.Mrs not too happy haha

yes. Just go to SYSTEM > ADDONS > MYADDONS > Click on any addon you don't want anymore then click uninstall. Takes forever if you have bought a preloaded box. Personally I'd wipe the whole fecking thing and only install what you need,(about 4-5 addons total will do 99% of what youd ever need and even then there is duplication) but if your not familiar with how to do that .....

luckyBatistuta

I've done the reset on my Sportsmania and everything still working fine. I still have the same problem that I've always had on my iPad though. I can watch every stream from the web page and from the Matrix app, but can't watch any of the Sports OnDemand though, they do nothing when I try and click on them. Anybody else have this issue?

yes. Just go to SYSTEM > ADDONS > MYADDONS > Click on any addon you don't want anymore then click uninstall. Takes forever if you have bought a preloaded box. Personally I'd wipe the whole fecking thing and only install what you need,(about 4-5 addons total will do 99% of what youd ever need and even then there is duplication) but if your not familiar with how to do that .....

Thanks man

Henry. Henry.

I've done the reset on my Sportsmania and everything still working fine. I still have the same problem that I've always had on my iPad though. I can watch every stream from the web page and from the Matrix app, but can't watch any of the Sports OnDemand though, they do nothing when I try and click on them. Anybody else have this issue?

Dont think the on demand has ever worked on the website. I have the matrix app on my iPhone and there isn't a sports on demand folder. Think there is one on the android app though

luckyBatistuta

Dont think the on demand has ever worked on the website. I have the matrix app on my iPhone and there isn't a sports on demand folder. Think there is one on the android app though

If you download the Puffin web browser from the App Store, it's meant to work through that. I'm not getting it working at the moment, but trying to sort it out.

I want to know what the guys making the decisions for Sky, BT, HBO and all the other big companies trying to get all this stuff blocked think they are achieving. They might be able to scare a few new Comers from jumping on the band wagon but for everyone one they do 5-10 more are jumping ship.

Whilst saving money is a massive factor in this I certainly feel there are many other factors at play. For example, paying billions of pounds for the EPL and lumping the bill at the doors of customers. Also, the fact Kodi/sportsmania actually offer a far better service and product than sky or any of these big companies. What about The awful customer service that these companies offer. Also, offering new customers the best packages whilst Ripping off the the loyal customer you already have.

I think it is sinking in now that this is or at least could become a Massive problem. Though, rather than address the route cause of the problem, which is their pricing structure and awful overall service in comparison, they are attempting tho threaten and cull the same set of people they want to win back. Terrible strategy.

They only have themselves to blame. There is only so long you can rip people off before they bite back and that's what is happening. I have no idea what will happen in the future but I certainly think massive change will be happening.

The music business at least responded with spotify and the like.

If Kodi died the morn I wouldn't go back to sky unless they seriously addressed their product and pricing structure.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Unknown user

I want to know what the guys making the decisions for Sky, BT, HBO and all the other big companies trying to get all this stuff blocked think they are achieving. They might be able to scare a few new Comers from jumping on the band wagon but for everyone one they do 5-10 more are jumping ship.

Whilst saving money is a massive factor in this I certainly feel there are many other factors at play. For example, paying billions of pounds for the EPL and lumping the bill at the doors of customers. Also, the fact Kodi/sportsmania actually offer a far better service and product than sky or any of these big companies. What about The awful customer service that these companies offer. Also, offering new customers the best packages whilst Ripping off the the loyal customer you already have.

I think it is sinking in now that this is or at least could become a Massive problem. Though, rather than address the route cause of the problem, which is their pricing structure and awful overall service in comparison, they are attempting tho threaten and cull the same set of people they want to win back. Terrible strategy.

They only have themselves to blame. There is only so long you can rip people off before they bite back and that's what is happening. I have no idea what will happen in the future but I certainly think massive change will be happening.

The music business at least responded with spotify and the like.

If Kodi died the morn I wouldn't go back to sky unless they seriously addressed their product and pricing structure.

The bottom line is that publicly making a big noise about legal action will be enough to put the majority off and therefore keep their businesses viable.

They probably accept that there will always be a degree of piracy, but they can't risk giving the impression of being toothless