Kodi again

Unknown user

Alma Matters

I have just added big sams build but now I get buffering which didn't happen previously. Is this a possible cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

I have just added big sams build but now I get buffering which didn't happen previously. Is this a possible cause?

I've got big sam's build and don't have any issues with it.

luckyBatistuta

I've been on the big sams build for a long time now and never had a problem with it and it's still working fine today.

luckyBatistuta

I've got big sam's build and don't have any issues with it.

Bet you've got the :naughty: bigsam build.

I've been on the big sams build for a long time now and never had a problem with it and it's still working fine today.

I bet you've been on big sams build :naughty: 

Rudolf's Mate

The official Kodi website looks like it's been seized by Homeland Security :wow:

I might be wrong but I can't access it and get this

9MbfEs4.jpg

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

The official Kodi website looks like it's been seized by Homeland Security :wow:

I might be wrong but I can't access it and get this

9MbfEs4.jpg

Yep. Kodi No more.

Rudolf's Mate

Kodi have now tweeted saying anyone that bought loaded boxes from them will get a full refund.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Space Mackerel

Kodi have now tweeted saying anyone that bought loaded boxes from them will get a full refund.

[emoji1303]

Yep, all over now by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rudolf's Mate

Yep, all over now by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Was looking on another forum and it actually happened on 31st March and not 1st April.

Space Mackerel

Yep. Was looking on another forum and it actually happened on 31st March and not 1st April.

Nearly got a few [emoji12]

Rudolf's Mate

Nearly got a few [emoji12]

Moi [emoji85]

Thought the twitter post re refunding fully loaded boxes bought from them was the giveaway :lol: I responded saying I'd believe it when Carrie Mathison made an appearance [emoji3]

so is sportsmania doing the same thing? can't seem to get it. Bit annoying seeing as it's paid for

neal-jambos

so is sportsmania doing the same thing? can't seem to get it. Bit annoying seeing as it's paid for

The address for sportsmania has changed so it might just be that mate. It's now sportsmania.rocks when it was previously sportsmania.eu.

If watching through kodi you need to download the new repo and install it again. On matrix I had to delete then reinstall the app to get it to work.

I'm watching the Liverpool game on sportsmania now and it's fine.

The address for sportsmania has changed so it might just be that mate. It's now sportsmania.rocks when it was previously sportsmania.eu.

If watching through kodi you need to download the new repo and install it again. On matrix I had to delete then reinstall the app to get it to work.

I'm watching the Liverpool game on sportsmania now and it's fine.

Thanks mate I'll note the new site. I went onto my kodi and sportsmania was working fine on that

Sent from my U20 Plus using Tapatalk

Unknown user

And a bit more searching comes up with this:

https://www.tvaddons.ag/kodi-krypton-fools/

A digression...

That site annoys me.

1 - it's an offshoot of the original xbmc site, started by the same people and originally called XBMCHub. But they try to distance themselves and say they're not related and kodi.tv pretend to disapprove. Fine, I get why, but they get arsey on Facebook about it and that irritates me - don't talk down to people when you're only pretending to disapprove!

2 - there's been a couple of times in the past where they've made a big misjudgement when at war with another site - I started kodi once to find tvaddons had removed addons from a rival repository from my system without my permission!

3 - their addons are for everyone and they always want more people to join their forum and get involved - you better be an uber geek though or you'll just get abuse for not knowing enough to be on their forum. Honestly, they get annoyed at the lack of involvement then annoyed by the wrong people getting involved

4 - popups and splash screens

Stop trying to infiltrate my life, no one else feels the need

Rant over :)

Unknown user

Anyone using ultimatemania?

Seriously considering ditching sky next month..

Yep, and since they moved over to running silver light, the streams are generally fantastic.

But, it's streaming, it's not perfect and sometimes the channel you want doesn't work - for 75 a year though, it's nothing!

Space Mackerel

Yep, and since they moved over to running silver light, the streams are generally fantastic.

But, it's streaming, it's not perfect and sometimes the channel you want doesn't work - for 75 a year though, it's nothing!

No HD for the Discovery Chanel which is pretty disappointing. It's what I bought it for.

It's back!!!

My kodi has been fine all day. Is it just me?? I saw willow posted something on twitter too. SM has been fine

Space Mackerel

So has mine, I think it's the people with auto updates that are having problems.

My Exodus updated fine about 5pm whilst Rudolfs Mate was talking me through some shite addon to install on the phone.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Rudolf's Mate

So has mine, I think it's the people with auto updates that are having problems.

My Exodus updated fine about 5pm whilst Rudolfs Mate was talking me through some shite addon to install on the phone.

Mines been alright (Exodus) however I had noticed there wasn't as many sources pulling through and in particular HEVC sources. Like you said, the Exodus update seems to have fixed that.

As for that shite addon. It's Alim you can thank for that as it's Genesis Reborn which is meant to be a combination of Genesis, Exodus, Specto and Zen. Turns out it's a direct clone of Zen on its own [emoji23]

Mines been alright (Exodus) however I had noticed there wasn't as many sources pulling through and in particular HEVC sources. Like you said, the Exodus update seems to have fixed that.

As for that shite addon. It's Alim you can thank for that as it's Genesis Reborn which is meant to be a combination of Genesis, Exodus, Specto and Zen. Turns out it's a direct clone of Zen on its own [emoji23]

Works well for me. :laugh:

Hadn't used Zen before so was a little different for me.

You try and help some people eh :rofl:

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

It's actually pretty decent and is pulling in different sources to Exodus however I wasn't exactly enamoured with the fact it was a build. In fact as a build it's a ****ing monstrosity. As with most, too much going on and loads of updates every time you go on.

Yesterday they added the ability to grab Reborn on it's own without having to install the build. 

But hey that's just my opinion. 

Been holding off update to kodi17.1 but supposedly exodus not having as much streams is only if you are on 16.1, so downloaded 17.1 on my android box but it wont open to install, anyone had the same ?

slashishere

I started finding episodes not appearing so bit the bullet and upgraded to 17.1 working totally fine for me but I've only got Exodus, SportsMania and Phoenix installed. Mind you don't think i need much else.

Fair enough.

As I'm sure you'll agree, the thread generally has a lot going on and its easy for things to get lost in it. It really needs a massive signposting sometimes! [emoji38]

Sure do Chester lol. I've now gone through the whole thread trying various things recommended by people. Not great when you're so far behind because a lot of stuff is obviously now defunct hahahaha!

I decided on the Fire TV box however I also bought the Fire Stick. I was so impressed with it on my laptop, way I saw it was I'd have been happy paying between ?150 - ?200 on a device to watch content so ?120 for 2 devices is a snip IMO.

It's looking like I'll be dropping my movies subscription on back of this.

luckyBatistuta

Sure do Chester lol. I've now gone through the whole thread trying various things recommended by people. Not great when you're so far behind because a lot of stuff is obviously now defunct hahahaha!

I decided on the Fire TV box however I also bought the Fire Stick. I was so impressed with it on my laptop, way I saw it was I'd have been happy paying between ?150 - ?200 on a device to watch content so ?120 for 2 devices is a snip IMO.

It's looking like I'll be dropping my movies subscription on back of this.

If you've gone for the AFTV, you should sign up to Amazon Prime too (worth it just for the delivery alone)

Rudolf's Mate

How correct it is I don't know tbh.

'This might not be the news you want to hear, but upgrading to the latest version of Kodi is pretty much necessary if you want to continue to enjoy streaming the way you want to. More and more streaming sites are moving to HTTPS, and older versions of Kodi do not offer HTTPS support. This means that at this point you really have no choice but to upgrade to Kodi 17.1 Krypton. This isn?t something that?s just going to go away, might as well do it now. Don?t sweat it though, upgrading Kodi is not very difficult.'

Not an expert but I am on a Kodi fb forum and the general talk is if 16.1 works for you (and it does for me) just stick to it.

If there are any Kodi/Firestick newbiews out there go to fb page Troypoint, the guy is excellent and he does shortcuts for downloading, been on it for a few months now and it has made my firestick experience very smooth.

If you upgrade to Kodi 17.1 will it wipe everything i already have and then i will need to rebuild it ?

If you can do a simple upgrade, probably not.

If you end up having issues like I did (detailed above), you might need to uninstall the lot and start again.

Just upgraded my AFTV to 17.1 and Exodus etc now working flawlessly with plenty of HD (mostly 720p) streams again.

I started finding episodes not appearing so bit the bullet and upgraded to 17.1 working totally fine for me but I've only got Exodus, SportsMania and Phoenix installed. Mind you don't think i need much else.

I have the same content but have held back on the 17.1 upgrade. I have a T8 bix but not sure if it can take the new 17.1 Kodi version. I read you may need to uograde your hardware too.

What are you using?

slashishere

I have the same content but have held back on the 17.1 upgrade. I have a T8 bix but not sure if it can take the new 17.1 Kodi version. I read you may need to uograde your hardware too.

What are you using?

Just a Nexbox A95

I had to uninstall and then reinstall Kodi (both from google Play Store).

Didn't have to do any other updates.

Then just followed a you tube vid for installing Exodus and 'Willows' guide and Repo for Sportsmania (from their website)

Just tried to update my T8 v1 box to Kodi 17.1 and it's saying my box is incompatible  :thumbsdown:

Looks like I will have to order the T8v5  :2thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Just tried to update my T8 v1 box to Kodi 17.1 and it's saying my box is incompatible :thumbsdown:

Looks like I will have to order the T8v5 :2thumbsup:

Have you tried updating the boxes firmware first? Be shocked that a T8 doesn't allow newer OS though appreciate it has to stop at some point.

jack D and coke

Have you tried updating the boxes firmware first? Be shocked that a T8 doesn't allow newer OS though appreciate it has to stop at some point.

You get the new firmware directly from the droidsticks website and install via memory card.

Rudolf's Mate

You get the new firmware directly from the droidsticks website and install via memory card.

He's got v1 but I'd be shocked if even that wasn't updatable.

He's got v1 but I'd be shocked if even that wasn't updatable.

My dad's box isn't compatible either

Rudolf's Mate

Like I said I'd be shocked if their T8's weren't updatable especially seeing as their rival (Droidbox) updated their v1's in order to be 17.1 compatible.