Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think you just log on from abroad. Ir realises that your abroad and allows you to watch the game live. To be honest, you can do the same in the UK but need to log on via a vpn hider. Enjoy your holiday.

Cheers mate!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Cisco1914 said:

Cheers mate!

I thought you had to be signed up for Hearts TV international vs domestic Hearts TV.  Aren't they different prices?

5 hours ago, Gards said:

I thought you had to be signed up for Hearts TV international vs domestic Hearts TV.  Aren't they different prices?

Yup 100%, 8.99 for monthly international package - sorry Cisco but do not think you will get a stream.

5 hours ago, Gards said:

That's why I started with "I think"

Someone has mention the " now tv sports package" for 6.99. Would that work for you?

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Yup 100%, 8.99 for monthly international package - sorry Cisco but do not think you will get a stream.

If I sign up for a month at 8.99 will I get a stream?

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Someone has mention the " now tv sports package" for 6.99. Would that work for you?

I will investigate that one TJ cheers!

Email "[email protected]" with your user name and password, mentioning that you're in Tenerife or wherever and ask to be upgraded for this game only.  

Be interested to know what happens as this scenario is likely to pop up again and it's a service that should be available.

CanadianJamTart

Hey! Not going to be able to watch the derby live today due to work, but was hoping to catch it after. Anyone know how long after full time it takes to be uploaded to the site? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Hey! Not going to be able to watch the derby live today due to work, but was hoping to catch it after. Anyone know how long after full time it takes to be uploaded to the site? Thanks!

Generally within two hours, but it is Christmas so not sure.

If you do not want to know the score then just click the link for latest video before you go out and then refresh it when you want to watch the game.

Couple of times I have not been able to see the game and been told the score without wanting it from the site.

6 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Yup, you would if overseas, now tv seems a good choice at the cheaper price. Pity the Aberdeen game is not on the box or you would have got that also.

It’s on bbc Alba so always option of a vpn

or

as mentioned above, red tv is from same company who do Hearts tv so could subscribe to that for a month and get it live but with sheep commentary 

CanadianJamTart
1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Generally within two hours, but it is Christmas so not sure.

If you do not want to know the score then just click the link for latest video before you go out and then refresh it when you want to watch the game.

Couple of times I have not been able to see the game and been told the score without wanting it from the site.

That's a great idea, thanks very much

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

Does Aberdeen tv have live fixtures? Can’t see anything on the site for it. 

Yes , they have exactly the same set up as us .... as far as I know you can't get single match ticket , you have to subscribe to the monthly subscription, I done this last time and then cancelled my subscription after the match ... had to call them direct though to cancel it ( from Canada ) a little bit of a hassle to cancel it ..... I'm going to wait till the last minute on this one and hope to find a good stream ... if no streams then I may have to bite the bullet and subscribe again 

26 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Yes , they have exactly the same set up as us .... as far as I know you can't get single match ticket , you have to subscribe to the monthly subscription, I done this last time and then cancelled my subscription after the match ... had to call them direct though to cancel it ( from Canada ) a little bit of a hassle to cancel it ..... I'm going to wait till the last minute on this one and hope to find a good stream ... if no streams then I may have to bite the bullet and subscribe again 

Thanks! I imagine it’s instant? For the Dundee it’s day pass it took 30 minutes to let me watch it so I missed most of the first half! Is it even on tv in the up for a stream? 

I've seen a couple of sites advertising it as on ( stream ) I think as long as the club have a live tv option like hearts tv then there's a good chance of getting a stream 

The real question here is why we are not being offered these games as part of our monthly subscription?  The monthly cost is currently hovering around the US $12 point.  Since the content has improved dramatically after our return to Tynecastle why not offer us an increased package including selected away games with clubs operating the same system?

CanadianJamTart
10 hours ago, 1874 said:

I've seen a couple of sites advertising it as on ( stream ) I think as long as the club have a live tv option like hearts tv then there's a good chance of getting a stream 

Any luck finding a good stream? I'm in Canada as well and have been looking for a decent stream this morning

45 minutes ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Any luck finding a good stream? I'm in Canada as well and have been looking for a decent stream this morning

Nothing I can find m8 , I just had to subscribe to red tv for the match 

There is a streams Fred on the main forum , looks like it's on a you tube link stream ... Not tried any as I'm now watching red tv 

A word of congratulation to Laurie.

Despite the trials and tribulations of the Hearts TV service this year one constant has been the quality of Laurie's commentaries.  In today's audio commentary from Aberdeen you really excelled, my friend.

Congratulations and a Happy New Year to you and all other subscribers.  

11 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

A word of congratulation to Laurie.

Despite the trials and tribulations of the Hearts TV service this year one constant has been the quality of Laurie's commentaries.  In today's audio commentary from Aberdeen you really excelled, my friend.

Congratulations and a Happy New Year to you and all other subscribers.  

Thanks for your Kind words DD, very much appreciated. Still enjoy covering matches as much as I did 4 years ago, always a privilege and I’m still just a Jambo with a mic! 

Have a great new year all! 

Can I second that Laurie, great commentary, appreciated more when watching the Hearts world recordings with no commentary, not the same.

Feliz Ano 

Same sentiment from me to you and jimmy Laurie....

you two do such a fantastic job for us subscribers....

happy new new year to you both 

steve 

• 2 weeks later...

How come the streams from the Spanish freindlys were/ are better than Hearts TV . Not the angles or no comms  just the uninterupted stream .No stuttering or breaking up. They were perfect for me in Spain and sounds like it was the same around the world ??? Thanks

1 hour ago, Hector Riva said:

How come the streams from the Spanish freindlys were/ are better than Hearts TV . Not the angles or no comms  just the uninterupted stream .No stuttering or breaking up. They were perfect for me in Spain and sounds like it was the same around the world ??? Thanks

Was my exact thoughts watching the game the other day. There's no excuse for a club our size. The equipment is expensive but it's a 1 time investment for a stable and better service. They need to restructure the subscription models as well to cater for individual matches, encouraging away fans to subscribe. 

Not sure what streams you guys were watching but I’ll take hearts tv streams any day over what I watched yesterday....

the last few streams from hearts tv have been very good 

1874, I think these guys are commenting on the quality of the stream signal not the actual camera angles and commentary.

For some reason, since Hearts TV started there have always been streaming problems when the feed has been from a live broadcast video.  Since moving back to Tynecastle, all home games have been streamed this way and all have continued to have buffering glitches and other issues although it has improved dramatically since the home game against Motherwell.

However, something is still not right with the feed.  It appears to be regional.  There are times when none of us in North America can get a signal during a game while those in Europe have one and I've seen reports of Asia / Pacific dropping out too.  When the stream drops, a quick log on to another video stream will soon verify if it is your local service or equipment or something at the source.  Every time I've checked it's been at the source.

As far as I understand it, Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs use the same stream provider.  I don't know but have these clubs had the same problems?  As I mentioned last week, the guy who provided the excellent streaming service voluntarily at Raith Rovers has just been hired by Celtic.  Does that indicate that they've had problems too and are moving to a "better" system?

For reference, this is the link to the highlights of Saturday's Raith v Ayr Utd. game.  http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv

Anybody have any input or comment? 

Iv got to drop the HD to 320? to get it better but it's not a good picture (BLURRED) Still glitches tho. 

Must admit it has been a bit better lately.

Valencia ones were perfect?

Hector,

I just had a look at the video clips from Spain.  The pics are very good at 1500.  I'm surprised that you've had to drop the Hearts TV feed to 320 as my auto setting usually kicks in at 1500.

What kind of Internet feed to you have?  

Desert .... I agree in the past the streams have had problems, we both know that as you and myself have discussed this on previous occasions.... I can only base my opinion on the last few games that I’m saying , and these last 5 or 6 streams I’ve had from hearts tv I can not fault them .. I have had very good quality , no blackouts , no buffering and I can’t complain ..... now as you know desert I’m in Canada , so it does confuse me when we say it could be a North America issue .... I know people still have issues and I would love to know why . Yet again we don’t get much feedback from support or from the club on these issues 

Internet feed? Sorry,  you've lost me. 

Edited by Hector Riva

Hi 1874,

I agree that since the Motherwell game the streams have been very good.  I had a look again at the video from Spain and the last couple of league games.  It seems to me that the weather was a bigger contributor to the picture quality than the resolution of the stream.  If you have time, let me know what you think.

I still get the odd drop out on live streams but on more than one occasion that has been caused by my Chromecast connection to my TV although why that should be I don't know.  It doesn't happen when I Chromecast other video streams.

Has your Apple TV casting device been O.K. since you had that "blocking" trouble at the beginning of the season?

Orange Fibre. My tv programs Itv bbc ect are all streams no probs and great pics

Edited by Hector Riva

On 1/16/2018 at 01:59, DesertDawg said:

Hi 1874,

I agree that since the Motherwell game the streams have been very good.  I had a look again at the video from Spain and the last couple of league games.  It seems to me that the weather was a bigger contributor to the picture quality than the resolution of the stream.  If you have time, let me know what you think.

I still get the odd drop out on live streams but on more than one occasion that has been caused by my Chromecast connection to my TV although why that should be I don't know.  It doesn't happen when I Chromecast other video streams.

Has your Apple TV casting device been O.K. since you had that "blocking" trouble at the beginning of the season?

Just got a new TV box has around 30 sports channels :D, so watched all televised games on that rather than HW.

Still tune in for the regular games.

Morning folks! 

Hope you've all got that derby buzz today?

If you're tuning in to Hearts TV today then let me know on this thread, if you can let me know where you'll be listening/watching from as well!

I'll try to read out a few prior to kick off.

Wherever you're tuning in from, let's make some noise! HHGH. 

Laurie 

42 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks! 

If you're tuning in to Hearts TV today then let me know on this thread, if you can let me know where you'll be listening/watching from as well!

Laurie 

Watching from Kuwait, 5:05pm Kick off, homebrew ready to celebrate! 

Even got a mention by the OTB guys yesterday! 

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks! 

Laurie 

Hi Laurie 

Watching from our apartment in Tenerife again, on our complex's broadband. Picture quality has been great of late, even enjoyed Jimmy's chat! 

michael_bolton
4 hours ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks! 

Laurie 

Cup fever in Seoul for me.

4 hours ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks! 

Laurie 

Hi Laurie and to all the Jambos out there.

Watching from Marblehead Massachusetts (don't let Jimmy say that name!). C'mon the Hearts!!!

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Watching in charotte North Carolina! Is anyone’s sound a couple seconds later than the video?

Yep. ****ing abysmal.  Its also over a minute behind real time.

Edited by Hendricks

Yes...audio is behind video and causing interference on my Chromecasting.

Get it fixed guys.....this is not the first time.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic