Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where I live in rural Arizona, I can only get DSL or satellite service.  I get 40Mb/s download on DSL.  I receive the signal via a wireless router bridged to a  home office desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. (build 1709)  Using Google Chrome as the browser, I send the Hearts TV stream via wi-fi to a standard Chromecast device connected directly to my big screen lounge display via an HDMI port.  

Image result for chromecast device pics

The desktop's on-board Intel HD audio works well but I use a Focusrite external A/D converter as my audio adapter which is much clearer, especially on the Chromecast connection.  Using a TV sound bar or other audio enhancers helps a lot too in hearing the commentary which is now so good with Laurie and Jimmy that it really enhances the whole experience.

We've all had our problems last season and this but everything seems to have settled down since the winter break.  The camera angles are better and Saturday's stream was excellent including replays.  In fact, it was probably the best we've had and I've been connecting to games since the days of Kenny Sargent's text updates twenty years ago.  The audio wind blasting and break up has been fixed too.

A couple of tips.  Re-cycle all your connecting devices (modems, bridges, PC's tablets etc.) half an hour before the stream starts.  This will ensure a "cleaner" signal.  Set your video stream resolution to "Auto" if it isn't selected automatically.   

And lastly, contact "support" immediately you have a problem.  They do seem to respond very quickly when hit with a number of emails coming in simultaneously from various parts of the world.

So I was getting a clear picture review of Saturday's game at Ibrox then I suddenly got a very blurred live pic of the Tynecastle pitch.

Ah, picture is O.K. now but no audio.  I hope we're not returning to the nonsensical service we got prior to the winter break.

Ah....audio up now.  :pleased:

Gone again.  Just a speed dial now with a logo for NemetonTV. 

Does nobody bother to test this setup more than 10 minutes before kick off?

Definitely some problems at the start tonight.....on the pitch too.....but both seem to have settled down now.

CanadianJamTart

Hey does anyone know if today's derby will be on Hearts TV? If so, any idea how long it takes to get a recording up? I'm unfortunately working today so won't be able to catch it until after work so want to avoid the score and check it out this evening. Thanks

All went well once the picture came up clear in time to see the flares on the pitch.

Pity about the result.

Still cannot seem to get sound on live fixtures on my entertainment box using Chrome. (The press conferences have sound)

After abkut 2/3 seconds the sound just cuts out. Video is fine. 

When i watch on my ipad, both sound and video are fine. 

Anyone got any ideas as to how I get sound on matches through my Ebox? 

2 minutes ago, Quesada Jambo said:

Picture quality terrible once again. Getting really fed up of this

Seems perfect on my iPad mate. 

Tried resetting everything? 

39 minutes ago, Quesada Jambo said:

Picture quality terrible once again. Getting really fed up of this

must be something your end mate,  picture quality been good for me too

Audio and video was very good until the 43rd minute when we lost the feed and missed the third goal.

Almost every time there is a camera change we get a signal glitch.  In the 43rd minute it caused a total signal loss.  This is not new.  It's being going on all season.

Just reported it to "Support."

Got a quick response.  

"Thanks for contacting us.

We are provided with a feed from ALBA so we are not in control of the cameras. We will look into this though.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

Quesada Jambo
15 minutes ago, Dinger said:

15 minutes ago, Dinger said:

Went on to back up player and it’s a little better. Missed the third as well

According to Hearts TV we have video of the away game at Dundee on April 1st.  I guess that being a Sunday game there is a local TV broadcast and we're getting the feed from that?

20 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

According to Hearts TV we have video of the away game at Dundee on April 1st.  I guess that being a Sunday game there is a local TV broadcast and we're getting the feed from that?

Yes

sky sports 

aberdeen game also on bbc Alba 7th April so will have the broadcast of that

Let's hope that the Alba feed camera switch glitch is resolved by then as it caused us to miss the third goal against Thistle last Saturday.

Also, has anybody noticed Alba's tendency to linger on selected spectators while the game is in progress?  Reminds me of the early "soccer" broadcasts in the U.S.  Especially the 1994 World Cup when a goal was completely missed as the camera was on Roberto Baggio's wife!  Thankfully, the broadcasters figured out soon after that, unlike the NFL, the clock keeps running even when the ball is out of play.

Somebody at Alba needs to figure that out.

• 2 weeks later...
colinmaroon
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:40, DesertDawg said:

Let's hope that the Alba feed camera switch glitch is resolved by then as it caused us to miss the third goal against Thistle last Saturday.

Also, has anybody noticed Alba's tendency to linger on selected spectators while the game is in progress?  Reminds me of the early "soccer" broadcasts in the U.S.  Especially the 1994 World Cup when a goal was completely missed as the camera was on Roberto Baggio's wife!  Thankfully, the broadcasters figured out soon after that, unlike the NFL, the clock keeps running even when the ball is out of play.

Somebody at Alba needs to figure that out.

Absolutely infuriating!

2 minutes ago, connlach said:

This seems to be working meantime

Ye , if you like rap it is 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic