Jump to content

Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.


BM1874

Recommended Posts

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Yip mine to 

 

Laurie finally did did mention the stream dropout in his commentary about 10 minutes after the event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DesertDawg

    851

  • 1874

    471

  • Neon

    196

  • Laurie

    172

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

If tonights game is cancelled because of the weather, I'm assuming that the PPV will transfer to the future date, if televised. However, if it can't be (e.g. clashes with other games  scheduled at the same time), what happens? Is the PPV payment refunded or can we transfer it to another game, like the upcoming Derby?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
7 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

If tonights game is cancelled because of the weather, I'm assuming that the PPV will transfer to the future date, if televised. However, if it can't be (e.g. clashes with other games  scheduled at the same time), what happens? Is the PPV payment refunded or can we transfer it to another game, like the upcoming Derby?

Good question.  I'd check the club site here for updates.

 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/supporter-information-hearts-vs-dundee

 

Current status is....

 

As things stand, we expect tonight's game to go ahead. We will continue to closely monitor the situation throughout the day. Supporters making the journey to Tynecastle Park should allow extra time for travel and closely follow the advice of the Scottish Government and Transport Scotland. Please note that Scotrail has suspended its services from 7pm this evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Good question.  I'd check the club site here for updates.

 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/supporter-information-hearts-vs-dundee

 

Current status is....

 

As things stand, we expect tonight's game to go ahead. We will continue to closely monitor the situation throughout the day. Supporters making the journey to Tynecastle Park should allow extra time for travel and closely follow the advice of the Scottish Government and Transport Scotland. Please note that Scotrail has suspended its services from 7pm this evening.

Ta. I saw the statement (on the match thread, I think).  I'd happily transfer to the Hibs game but I suspect that'll throw up too many complications for the ticket office. We'll see what the evening brings. Hopefully several goals and three points.

 

What a sign of the times we live in  - I ask a question from Sheffield about a game in Edinburgh and get a reply from Arizona.  Great days...

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Ham-fisted typing in the first draft.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
4 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

What a sign of the times we live in  - I ask a question from Sheffield about a game in Edinburgh and get a reply from Arizona.  Great days...

👍

 

By chance, I logged in this morning to check on the match status and saw your post.

If it's any consolation, it's pouring rain here too......not that we complain about that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

colinmaroon

Logged in to my international member and keep getting.  subscribe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
13 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

If tonight's game is cancelled because of the weather, I'm assuming that the PPV will transfer to the future date, if televised. However, if it can't be (e.g. clashes with other games  scheduled at the same time), what happens? Is the PPV payment refunded or can we transfer it to another game, like the upcoming Derby?

 

How was the PPV in Sheffield?

 

Hearts TV went well here although there was a bit of stream "stuttering" in extra time at the end.

 

Didn't spoil the fun though!  🍷

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
8 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

 

How was the PPV in Sheffield?

 

Hearts TV went well here although there was a bit of stream "stuttering" in extra time at the end.

Didn't spoil the fun though!  🍷

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
8 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

 

How was the PPV in Sheffield?

 

Hearts TV went well here although there was a bit of stream "stuttering" in extra time at the end.

 

Didn't spoil the fun though!  🍷

 

 

PPV mostly fine, although the stuttering happened here as well. First half, I was almost tempted to find something else to do.  What a second half though. That game just sums up life as a Hearts fan, eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
11 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

PPV mostly fine, although the stuttering happened here as well. First half, I was almost tempted to find something else to do.  What a second half though. That game just sums up life as a Hearts fan, eh?

 

Must have been a source problem then not a regional issue if it happened to you too.

 

Not the first time that there have been issues as we pass the 90 minute mark.  Usually it's due to a TV time slot issue but I don't know who was providing the feed last night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pest, especially if this has been asked and answered previously, but does anyone know how to change the debit card address for payments for Hearts TV? Have asked the support team but no answer yet. My resisential address is different from my card billing address and it's the latter I need to update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
6 hours ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry to be a pest, especially if this has been asked and answered previously, but does anyone know how to change the debit card address for payments for Hearts TV? Have asked the support team but no answer yet. My resisential address is different from my card billing address and it's the latter I need to update.

 

Log in to your account on the HTV home page.  Go to "account details" and update your address there.  

 

If the system is working properly that should do it although it might take overnight or over a weekend to update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

 

Log in to your account on the HTV home page.  Go to "account details" and update your address there.  

 

If the system is working properly that should do it although it might take overnight or over a weekend to update.

Thanks. My residential address (in Cyprus) has not changed. My billing address for the card (in the UK) has. It is only that billing address which has to be altered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
25 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Thanks. My residential address (in Cyprus) has not changed. My billing address for the card (in the UK) has. It is only that billing address which has to be altered.

 

It's always worth a try to put your card address in that box to see if it works.  I suppose that a U.K. address might restrict you to getting only live game audio but I'm not sure if the system is sophisticated enough to recognise that.  If so, you can always change it back to your Cyprus address.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

 

It's always worth a try to put your card address in that box to see if it works.  I suppose that a U.K. address might restrict you to getting only live game audio but I'm not sure if the system is sophisticated enough to recognise that.  If so, you can always change it back to your Cyprus address.

 

 

Cheers. Worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gorgierools
12 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

 

It's always worth a try to put your card address in that box to see if it works.  I suppose that a U.K. address might restrict you to getting only live game audio but I'm not sure if the system is sophisticated enough to recognise that.  If so, you can always change it back to your Cyprus address.

 

 

I live in Spain but the debit comes from my UK account so I doubt it would be an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
19 hours ago, Bickfest said:

Cheers. Worth a try.

Did you get it to work?  Hope so.  Great game today.  :sheep:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/02/2024 at 20:04, DesertDawg said:

Did you get it to work?  Hope so.  Great game today.  :sheep:

I managed to watch the game by resubscribing, but the payment did not go through. Changing the residential address will not alter the recorded billing address, so the card will continue to "bounce". The answers from the "Support Team" have been useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
7 hours ago, Bickfest said:

I managed to watch the game by resubscribing, but the payment did not go through. Changing the residential address will not alter the recorded billing address, so the card will continue to "bounce". The answers from the "Support Team" have been useless.

 

No real surprise there re "support."  So, you cancelled the old account and re-subscribed with a new account using the correct U.K. billing address and that still didn't work?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

 

No real surprise there re "support."  So, you cancelled the old account and re-subscribed with a new account using the correct U.K. billing address and that still didn't work?

 

Not yet. That's today's action plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
2 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Can you watch every hearts game on hearts tv ?

If you are outside the U.K. all home games and all Premier League away games....others subject to facilities.  That's the last that I remember.  If it's been updated then somebody else will probably chime in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gorgierools
13 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

If you are outside the U.K. all home games and all Premier League away games....others subject to facilities.  That's the last that I remember.  If it's been updated then somebody else will probably chime in.

Spot on DD, great value for us expats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
DesertDawg
On 17/02/2024 at 10:14, 1874 said:

Picture quality today was great. ! Keep it up Hearts Tv 

 

I was watching on a laptop with a 5G Internet connection in New York and noticed the picture quality too. 

 

Stand-in commentary by James Borthwick was good as well.  Not too much talk...just enough information added to with Jimmy Sandison's quips.

 

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg

Just watched today's Hearts TV interviews with Naismith and Kingsley.

 

For the first time, since Hearts TV started, the voices of the interview questioners could be heard clearly.  👍

 

A big improvement, even if some of the questions were pretty banal.  🙄

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
DesertDawg

Excellent live review of today's game by the studio team of Robert Borthwick and Gary Wales, despite being forced on to the pitch to undertake it, due to Sky occupying the usual space.  

However, it worked out really well since the were able to include Steven Naismith too who gave his own summary views.

 

Very good job which added to a good day.  👍

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TyphoonJambo

Trying to watch the highlights today and getting constant buffering, whatever picture quality I chose. My internet speed is more than 200Mb (starlink) and everything else, YouTube etc, all work fine. Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
3 hours ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Trying to watch the highlights today and getting constant buffering, whatever picture quality I chose. My internet speed is more than 200Mb (starlink) and everything else, YouTube etc, all work fine. Any ideas?

Working fine here in Arizona and at 1,500 resolution too so it's not a signal source problem.

 

Sounds like a regional internet traffic problem.  If so, all you can do is wait until it clears. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gorgierools
3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Working fine here in Arizona and at 1,500 resolution too so it's not a signal source problem.

 

Sounds like a regional internet traffic problem.  If so, all you can do is wait until it clears. 

Thanks. Discovered that I had a VPN in use. Stopped it and now much better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Thanks. Discovered that I had a VPN in use. Stopped it and now much better

Ah, ha!  That will do it.  Your own, personal Internet traffic problem!

 

Glad that you figured it out.  I'm sure you enjoyed the highlights......I did!  😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg

Good solo commentary from Laurie tonight.  He's had to do it in previous seasons but tonight's was his best by far.  👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Good solo commentary from Laurie tonight.  He's had to do it in previous seasons but tonight's was his best by far.  👍

 

Very kind, thank you DD. Just glad to have a Hearts goal to shout about tonight (eventually)! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the video stream frequently pausing every few seconds for anyone else? No problem with the audio at all so doesn't seem like a bandwidth issue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg

Running fine here on "Player 2."  Might be worth a change if you're on a different player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SupaJT said:

Is the video stream frequently pausing every few seconds for anyone else? No problem with the audio at all so doesn't seem like a bandwidth issue 

Yes same for me here in Canada 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Running fine here on "Player 2."  Might be worth a change if you're on a different player.

Same on player 2 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 1874 said:

Same on player 2 

Connection is not great 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
2 hours ago, 1874 said:

Connection is not great 

Wasn't a stream source problem as everything went well here i Arizona apart from the result.

 

More likely to be a local traffic issue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
TyphoonJambo

trying to watch some interviews at the moment and its not loading. Not my connection as everything else streams fine. Worrying for this afternoon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
13 hours ago, TyphoonJambo said:

trying to watch some interviews at the moment and its not loading. Not my connection as everything else streams fine. Worrying for this afternoon

 

Did you get it resolved?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gorgierools
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Did you get it resolved?  

Yes thanks, started working just before kick off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg

Good.  I logged in about 90 seconds into the game and the system seemed to be working O.K.

 

:sheep: It wasn't a bad game just the goals coming at the wrong end.  After today's nonsense at Ibrox it's pretty much irrelevant anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mr Sifter

Morning @Laurie is there any chance you can give a shout out to the 30 Gracemount boys (Cabin Hearts) that are in hospitality today?  Cheers 😋👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Morning @Laurie is there any chance you can give a shout out to the 30 Gracemount boys (Cabin Hearts) that are in hospitality today?  Cheers 😋👍🏼

Try contacting him on Twitter/ x m8 , he may not read this as much as his Twitter account 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Laurie
8 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Morning @Laurie is there any chance you can give a shout out to the 30 Gracemount boys (Cabin Hearts) that are in hospitality today?  Cheers 😋👍🏼

 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks @Laurie for all your efforts this season and to the rest of Hearts TV which has got better and better.

 

One request though- keep Borthwick in the host chair and away from beside you on commentary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DesertDawg
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Thanks @Laurie for all your efforts this season and to the rest of Hearts TV which has got better and better.

 

One request though- keep Borthwick in the host chair and away from beside you on commentary.

Agree entirely Geoff.  We're a long way ahead of where we were just a couple of years ago.

 

Good stuff from all involved.  :sheep:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gorgierools

Agreed, brilliant coverage and definitely the most balanced commentary 

Well done guys, enjoy your hols 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed again from me , just love our commentary team of jimmy and Laurie 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...