Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Response received from "Support."

"The issue on Sunday was a frozen feed, our guys reacted quickly to get this rectified.

We ran tests at the stadium on the Thursday and again around an hour before kick off and everything was working well. We take a match feed from broadcasters as they provide different camera angles, the problem with this is if there is an issue then it is outwith our control.

We could go back to a single camera but feel a match feed is better for the subscriber.

All our systems are currently being tested and checked this week, this process was started yesterday afternoon and we will continue testing all week ahead of the match.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support"

My experience over the last few seasons has been that every time a broadcast feed has been used we've had a failure of some kind or another.......usually a loss of signal as happened again on Sunday.  Anyway, the introduction of system testing is a positive step and, yes, I'd prefer the multi-camera views as long as the signal is consistent.  If it comes to the crunch though, I'd prefer a single camera with no glitches than a multi-camera feed that freezes during the game as that is not what we are paying for.

How do other subscribers feel?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well at least you got a response DD.

They have always been very quick with them just slow with any improvements to the service.

Sure these guys are the ones who also provide Hibs TV and Celtic TV.

Any complaints in the future I would pass on directly to the club rather than the middle man just not sure who that would be, would like to know - not a fan of emailing the slightest thing but I have been a customer since it has was Hearts world and finally getting to the end of m tether with it.

Which is a pity as I like Laurie's commentary.

Edited by Neon

We're all pretty much in the same boat.  I'm not sure if emailing the club helps.  Earlier this season when some subscribers were having wi-fi casting problems I emailed "Support" suggesting a section on the Hearts TV page re Internet connections, stream speeds,  w-fi, TV casting and so on.  I did get a response indicating that my message had been passed to the club who handled these matters.

Response?  None.

Anyway, with the new stand construction going on, I'll give them the next six home games to get everything right.  I've been logging in since the days of Kenny's text updates so I'm reluctant to give up now.  And, yes, I like Laurie's and Jimmy's commentaries too. 

I share everyone's angst but I'm not surely that AB has even been made aware of the continual issues. If she was I am sure she would have acted on it. It's unfortunate because I have no issues at all with Laurie service, in fact I'm sure he takes the brunt of it all when it goes wrong and it is seldom anything within his control.

I may be getting tickets for the directors suite on the 2nd Dec. Maybe I'll ask Anne!

Not sure if this will help or not BUT

The Hamilton match on the 2nd will be broadcast as live on BBC Alba at 6pm on the 2nd, potentially a chance to get their feed might be a better feed

As I mentioned earlier, it seems that they're concentrating on broadcast feeds as they have multiple camera angles.  Unfortunately, I don't ever recall a broadcast feed that didn't have problems.

First row sports and Sports devil  have it listed today not sure why, didn't think it was being broadcast on tv today.

Just in case we get spotty coverage, fingers crossed looking forward to this one.

Havin an absolute nightmare with HeartsTV☹️

Basically, I bought a package as a gift last week, hoping my son could watch us against PT. They've taken my money, given me confirmation that everything has gone through successfully...and that's where it ends. 

No email to my laddie. 

No email to me. 

No information with regards to how we access the site (username/password?). 

Nowt. 

Ive used the 'contact us' pop up. Nowt back. I've phoned the club, they know nothing. I've even phoned SportsmediaUK at Livingston, who run the service. They don't even pick up the phone FFS!

So my laddie has missed the PT game and it looks like he'll miss today's game too. Genuinely pissed off at the carry on. 

Take it none of you guys would know what to do next to try and sort things out?

cheers. 

Hey Sifter, always been fairly prompt when I have sent them a message, I sent another on your behalf , to see if I can get a response.

Can you send me your email address in case they do get back to me.

Won't send you a pic of my Johnson, promise.

Just now, neonjambo said:

Checked my inbox for the emaill address they replied last time it is -

<[email protected]>

Did you try that?

To be honest neon I'm not sure what address I used as it was simply a 'contact us' pop up window that appeared through the website. Then once completed I got something along the lines of 'thanks for your message'. 

Ive emailed that address you've given me so hopefully someone will get back asap. 

...and if you're desperate to send me filthy dick pics, I'll happily send you my email address. Be warned though, am I **** paying a tenner for the privilege?

Cheers for the heads up with that address though, I'll let you know how I get on????

No worries, I emailed them also, no reply as of yet.

Pretty sure these guys only work when it is close to the match kicking off, if they do get back to you I would find your transaction number so they can track it down.

I have been given a separate link in the past to watch again so hopefully they can provide something like that.

I'd never ask for a tenner,  Christ the wife will pay me to put it away.

As DesertDawg said earlier on this thread I think ex-pats need to start emailing in bulk when there are issues and not to sports media.

7 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

No worries, I emailed them also, no reply as of yet.

Pretty sure these guys only work when it is close to the match kicking off, if they do get back to you I would find your transaction number so they can track it down.

I have been given a separate link in the past to watch again so hopefully they can provide something like that.

I'd never ask for a tenner,  Christ the wife will pay me to put it away.

As DesertDawg said earlier on this thread I think ex-pats need to start emailing in bulk when there are issues and not to sports media.

Hopefully someone will get back to me sooner rather than later. Ideally, as you say, a link that I could forward to to my son would be great??????

Hi

He needs to contact us with the email address that was used when ordering the gift.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support

All I got from them bud, just came through so guess they have just started work.

(my response)

Good evening,

Thank you for your response, He has apparently contacted the main office in Livingston, there appears to be confusion over his order as no-one at Hearts or SportsmediaUK can find it, He has a transaction number and I have forwarded this email to him.

Thank you for your reply.

Hope you get that resolved in the next 15 minutes.

Meantime, the feed is up and looking good.  Seems that when the picture first loads that you need to click the 720 resolution then switch to auto to get a sharp picture.  This is stuff that the support people should be telling us though rather than let us figure it out for ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Hope you get that resolved in the next 15 minutes.

Meantime, the feed is up and looking good.  Seems that when the picture first loads that you need to click the 720 resolution then switch to auto to get a sharp picture.  This is stuff that the support people should be telling us though rather than let us figure it out for ourselves. 

I am going to try and talk to the club about issues this week, if I can get put through to the appropriate person.

So please post any issues you have personally had on here and I will attempt to pass it on.

more the merrier, It's the only way we will resolve this.

Edited by Neon

43 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Faultless coverage today. Shame about the result. 

Thanks Beave, laggy on my end due to ISP - but if you guys have good or bad experiences please let me know.

The more info we can gather the better chance of changing things.

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Picture was good today but got some odd shadowing in the second half.  Audio still isn't balanced properly.

Desert , that shadowing was probably caused by one of the floodlights not working ,

super clear picture for me , just wish the camera guy wouldn't zoom in to much 

I see this is being played again on Alba at 6pm .. Always have issues with the feed when there's an outside source involved ..... Fingers crossed for no unprofessional screw ups 

3 minutes ago, The Marooney Meister said:

anyone got a live feed yet? 10 mins to KO cutting it fine.

Kickoff delayed to 3.15.  Feed should start at 3.00.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Don't like this angle from the Roseburn it's terrible can't see anything

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I think it's time Anne was made to watch a game via this crap, instead of the best seat in the house, then the numerous issues may be addressed.

Very, very poor service. 

4 minutes ago, Gards said:

Video and audio is perfect here.  No problems whatsoever

Didn't realise you were on your holidays in the USA Anne. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

An attempt at humour that would appear to have failed.

Fair enough.  So what issues are you having and what's your setup/location?

A few minutes of ok coverage, then several minutes buffering, then the screen looks like your watching an underwater match. France.

Do you watch all the home games and if so do you find the coverage is good all the time.

Looks like the North American feed is fine.  I'm having no problems at all.....apart from another incompetent display by a referee.

Audio is best it has been this season too.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic