Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

weird my page keeps reloading, tried on chrome and firefox - just started, does not do it on any other tab such as home ect.

No other website does it either , so if you have the game at present do not refresh, incase you come up against the same issue.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zic, are you on fibre or cable in Singapore?  Either way, I'd recycle your cable device / router then log in again.  

I did that today before the stream started and it has been excellent.  Two very minor glitches during camera changes being the only snags.  That has been a problem since the service started that still hasn't been fully resolved.

8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Zic, are you on fibre or cable in Singapore?  Either way, I'd recycle your cable device / router then log in again.  

I did that today before the stream started and it has been excellent.  Two very minor glitches during camera changes being the only snags.  That has been a problem since the service started that still hasn't been fully resolved.

Yip did that during 1st half... using fiber, still seems to be playing up 2nd half ??Cheers though for reply ??

Sounds today like a hop between the Internet feed in Scotland and your ISP in Singapore was the problem.  This does seem to occur on a regional basis frequently.  There have been days with no signal at all in North America but subscribers in Europe were all reporting a great signal and vice versa.  This indicates to me that the feed needs to be auto-switched to alternate ISPs when there are problems although that is still not a perfect solution.  

Overall, today was one of the best for audio and video here since the service first started.

Anyway, DO email support with your service problems and repeat the email if you don't get a reply within 48 hours.  Since we're paying for the service they should respond and it's the only way to keep them aware of the problems that we all too frequently encounter.

2 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Will there be video of the Celtic game for international subscribers or just audio?

We would only get video if it was being televised by Sky r BT, a quick look through the listings shows its not listed, bummer!!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

We would only get video if it was being televised by Sky r BT, a quick look through the listings shows its not listed, bummer!!

Celtic TV will be streaming it no doubt did we not used to get their video back in the day?

strange that this game not picked up by Sky/BT especially given the result in the last game between us and our unbeaten record, could be a good game (hopefully not just a standard celtic park thrasing!)

Preston Jambo

We have had video from non televised games at Celtic in the past, but it has all been a bit random and we don't find out until the last minute.

There's an Aberdeen fan at my work here in Germany who subscribes to Red TV.

He pays the same as we do but they get video for most away games with Hearts being one of the exceptions.

We do seem to be getting a raw deal in comparison to other teams supporters. 

1 hour ago, Preston Jambo said:

We have had video from non televised games at Celtic in the past, but it has all been a bit random and we don't find out until the last minute.

There's an Aberdeen fan at my work here in Germany who subscribes to Red TV.

He pays the same as we do but they get video for most away games with Hearts being one of the exceptions.

We do seem to be getting a raw deal in comparison to other teams supporters. 

Had a quick look at the site, exact same lay out as ours so must be the same company.

Interestingly you are correct, they have a number of away fixtures listed as video for international subscribers.

Notably the Motherwell and Hibs games. Hibs game says courtesy of HibsTV thoughtit may have been an Alba game seems not.

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

Edited by Neon
Spilled tea on it.

I use IPTV with a channel list that includes Celtic tv. Never used it so hoping it works. Will probably have to turn the sound down though.

Thanks Laurie.

Now, the real question is, why is this not posted on the Hearts TV site that we pay for?

22 minutes ago, Laurie said:

We'll have video for international subscribers tomorrow night ;)

Now just to find someone to take my shift for me!  Thanks for the info. 

CanadianJamTart
56 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Perfect! How long after the match is over does it usually get put up on Hearts TV to re-watch? I'm not sure I'll be able to catch it live, but would love to watch it later when I get home (7 hours behind here). Thanks!

10 hours ago, Laurie said:

Fantastically, might forget my no beers midweek plan.

Going to watch game tonight on Hearts tv . Will it work on iPad so I can airplay to telly ? Will I have to watch it on the iMac? My iMac is  a dinasour 2009 doesn’t airplay. 

25 minutes ago, ozjambo said:

Going to watch game tonight on Hearts tv . Will it work on iPad so I can airplay to telly ? Will I have to watch it on the iMac? My iMac is  a dinasour 2009 doesn’t airplay. 

im pretty sure it needs flash, so make sure you're using a browser that supports it, i think puffin browser does, 

16 hours ago, ozjambo said:

It will work fine on iPad and stream to Apple TV .. I do it here in Canada 

On 03/02/2018 at 09:17, Dinger said:

im pretty sure it needs flash, so make sure you're using a browser that supports it, i think puffin browser does, 

Worked well thanks for that 

This is exactly the kind of information that a quality service should be providing.

Right now, all we have is a pop up ad quoting service charges and not even a mention up upcoming games and streams.

Is ross county next week on tv? Or do Ross  county have their own tv service? Working out whether I schedule clients early morning or not! 

Didn't expect a video stream for this one as Ross Co. only appears to have a YouTube page of video clips.

Still, there it is on the Hearts TV home page.  "Live video coverage from Dingwall for International subscribers."

Well, well.  Things are looking up. :pleased: 

I’m guessing some tv station has got this due to the kick of time , that’s the only reason we international subs are getting video for this one ... no rangers video though .. can’t they come to some agreement with rangers to show the match on hearts tv 

3 minutes ago, 1874 said:

I’m guessing some tv station has got this due to the kick of time , that’s the only reason we international subs are getting video for this one ... no rangers video though .. can’t they come to some agreement with rangers to show the match on hearts tv 

People keep asking this - it wouldn't be free so it doesn't make financial sense because Hearts wouldn't be getting any more income from it. 

And forget reciprocal deals where we'd all give it to each other for free - think of the huge amounts of extra bandwidth we'd have to pay for whenever the of roll in to town. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

People keep asking this - it wouldn't be free so it doesn't make financial sense because Hearts wouldn't be getting any more income from it. 

And forget reciprocal deals where we'd all give it to each other for free - think of the huge amounts of extra bandwidth we'd have to pay for whenever the of roll in to town. 

It is however 2018 now .... Scottish football in terms of digital media is still stuck in the 70s 

its not a new technology anymore and one that everyone is turning to ... seems it should be the way forward .. 

No live digital feed viewing at 3pm in the uk is such a joke these days ... just a very old thought process .....

Edited by 1874
Spellcheck

Ross counTy is live on sky sports hence kick off time

agree with regards to it being a bit rubbish no rangers video on Hearts tv but having used them before the rangers tv stream is pretty good (commentary is however really not!) and it’s only £5.99 which is cheaper than other clubs

Anyone else got their username in middle of the screen. Minor thing but nipping me!!

Refreshed the page now gone...

Edited by Beave1874

What browsers are people using? 

I have a Kodi device, and whenever I try to play the match video, it crashes out. 

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of highlights anywhere online? Found the goals on youtube but nothing on HeartsTV, even hambone seems to be struggling to find some.

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of highlights anywhere online? Found the goals on youtube but nothing on HeartsTV, even hambone seems to be struggling to find some.

Hambone will have them, But owing to his personal life (of which he is entitled)  he isn’t immediately able to upload.

dont fear they will get put up

munich_veteran

I'd love some feedback on what set-up fellow Hearts TV viewers use for watching games...?

Do you just watch on your laptop? Or HDMI your laptop to your TV? Does anyone use a Chromecast? I'm considering buying a Chromecast Ultra so I don't have to go through the process every week, so I'm curious as to what others do. Any and all "optimization" tips are welcome!  

Thanks!

Chrome cast works fine for me, with no issues with hdmi either. I’m in rural Spain so the signal can be a bit iffy but if it is I switch to iPad which seems to cope better with poor signal. Did try Apple TV to cast it but it was a proper pain in the proverbial.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic