Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Coolio - are you watching directly on a PC or through an apple tv/droid box?  if you go to fast.com what is your speed settings?

I think the issue is on your end to be honest.  The stream is fine.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Coolio said:

A few minutes of ok coverage, then several minutes buffering, then the screen looks like your watching an underwater match. France.

Do you watch all the home games and if so do you find the coverage is good all the time.

Are you watching in the uk on a Vpn ... I find all us international subscribers seem to get a good quality last few games .. Seems to be the ones that try to watch through a dodgy Vpn that get issues ... And you do know you shouldn't be doing this yes !!!!

naughty naughty 

Gards/1874 - Watching it via a Macbook, directly, not via a VPN - Speed setting is not too bad. Just one of those days it would appear. The snow might be influencing it as the lines are on poles as opposed to being buried.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated as otherwise I might now be holding a smashed Macbook, very frustrating both off and on the park. :huh:

Just now, Gards said:

Only other thing i can recommend is reduce the bandwidth settings on the Hearts tv

I'll give that a try, cheers.

Quesada Jambo

Lost it in Spain. 82nd minute. Not good enough. Don’t think I will renew again. Had this for 3 years now and dont think I have watched o0 mins. Without a breakdown 

Something is still wrong with these TV feeds.  I lost the camera signal completely on 70 minutes although I did get the Hearts and Accies logos until the stream came back up about 8 minutes later so the interruption was not at my end.  I have not had a complete 90 minutes this season without an interruption of some kind.  In previous seasons all of the TV feed games were interrupted and while I really didn't like the old single camera angle at least the stream worked for the whole game.

I'll try support again with my comments.

Just now, DesertDawg said:

Something is still wrong with these TV feeds.  I lost the camera signal completely on 70 minutes although I did get the Hearts and Accies logos until the stream came back up about 8 minutes later so the interruption was not at my end.  I have not had a complete 90 minutes this season without an interruption of some kind.  In previous seasons all of the TV feed games were interrupted and while I really didn't like the old single camera angle at least the stream worked for the whole game.

I'll try support again with my comments.

Thats weird DD, didn't lose stream at all here on East Coast.  The fact you got the logos is really weird.

Very good here too.  I briefly got the logos again at the start of the game but it appears to be related to the use of an external A/D convertor as my audio output.  When I connect the USB cord I get the logos probably due to some form of cast blocking.  A reconnect of the USB cord fixed the problem and my audio is much clearer.

Let's see if the improvement in signal quality is maintained today. 

If it is, I suggest contacting "support" at half to confirm and if not.........contact support well before then!

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Excellent audio, video and commentary so far.  Advised "Support."

Wish it were so for me Mr. Dawg.

Lots of buffering, repeating audio and video.

Chalky is OK but prefer Laurie and while I like Jimmy, someone should remove his batteries now again and let him rest.

Sorry.............no pleasing some people!

The win makes everything so much more bearable.

Are you using Firefox by any chance?

1 hour ago, jamienick said:

Wish it were so for me Mr. Dawg.

Lots of buffering, repeating audio and video.

Chalky is OK but prefer Laurie and while I like Jimmy, someone should remove his batteries now again and let him rest.

Sorry.............no pleasing some people!

The win makes everything so much more bearable.

Are you using Firefox by any chance?

Steady m8 .... jimmys a legend ... 

No, Jamie I was using Chrome then Chromecasting to my TV display.  All went really well here throughout the game.

Re-check your connection speeds and try a different browser.  Let me know what happens on Sunday.

On 12/12/2017 at 18:59, DesertDawg said:

No, Jamie I was using Chrome then Chromecasting to my TV display.  All went really well here throughout the game.

Re-check your connection speeds and try a different browser.  Let me know what happens on Sunday.

Thank you............I will be in touch.

Looking forward to tomorrow.  We'll be back on a simultaneous live TV video feed so hopefully the previous problems with this arrangement have been solved.

I had a couple of glitches in the second half but logging off and on again solved the problem.  Since the game started at 5.30am here I'd guess that as more Internet users came on line then my DSL signal deteriorated.  Don't think it was a feed problem.

And, yes....it was well worth getting up at 5.00am on a Sunday!  :pleased:

On 12/17/2017 at 09:40, DesertDawg said:

I had a couple of glitches in the second half but logging off and on again solved the problem.  Since the game started at 5.30am here I'd guess that as more Internet users came on line then my DSL signal deteriorated.  Don't think it was a feed problem.

And, yes....it was well worth getting up at 5.00am on a Sunday!  :pleased:

Went much better yesterday and agree with your comments .......... had to refresh now and again to improve video quality but good for 90% of the game.

I didn't have to get up until 7:00am Ha!!...........then only an hour's wait for a Bloody at my Local.

Such a great game but after watching them for 65 years, tough to beat the 'Final annihilation'

I assume that the St Johnstone game is audio only but does anyone know whether they do a pay to view offer? 

Ye , I would be interested if anyone found anything for live video for the st j game , I've been looking but can't find anything yet 

I would say I doubt there will be video from St Johnstone this weekend. Based on previous games the teams I have found who do make an effort to show games on their “tv” channels are:

Hearts

hibs

celtic

rangers

partick

dundee

aberdeen

Those who dont, Or I’ve never seen anything to suggest so;

kilmarnock

ross county

hamilton

st j

Motherwell*

Using a VPN Ive paid a one off fee to Dundee, Partick and Rangers to watch a Hearts games, they were all fine apart from the Partick game this season 1-1 Away, but that was down to me not giving my

browser permission to show video stream(which I didn’t know as I didn’t need to the first time I watched it last seasons 2-0 loss) , but even then it was

the last 2 Mins i watched and it was buffering beyond belief. 

Hearts obviouslt that’s the topic of this thread so they have broadcast

aberdeen is red tv and as far as I know they do monthly subs £10.99 I think? Rather than a one off. (Happy to be proven wrong)

celtic tv, who knows? Never going to give that filth money. But I watched the 1-2 league cup loss 2 years ago on a dodgy stream of their channel online as I couldn’t make it along that night.

*Motherwell have a live audio broadcast that I could see, but no video. However their YouTube channel is fairly extensive with pre and post match interviews with the manager and a player, as well as motherwell bias highlights of each game and u20 games.

hope this information helps.

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

I would say I doubt there will be video from St Johnstone this weekend. Based on previous games the teams I have found who do make an effort to show games on their “tv” channels are:

Hearts

hibs

celtic

rangers

partick

dundee

aberdeen

Those who dont, Or I’ve never seen anything to suggest so;

kilmarnock

ross county

hamilton

st j

Motherwell*

Using a VPN Ive paid a one off fee to Dundee, Partick and Rangers to watch a Hearts games, they were all fine apart from the Partick game this season 1-1 Away, but that was down to me not giving my

browser permission to show video stream(which I didn’t know as I didn’t need to the first time I watched it last seasons 2-0 loss) , but even then it was

the last 2 Mins i watched and it was buffering beyond belief. 

Hearts obviouslt that’s the topic of this thread so they have broadcast

aberdeen is red tv and as far as I know they do monthly subs £10.99 I think? Rather than a one off. (Happy to be proven wrong)

celtic tv, who knows? Never going to give that filth money. But I watched the 1-2 league cup loss 2 years ago on a dodgy stream of their channel online as I couldn’t make it along that night.

*Motherwell have a live audio broadcast that I could see, but no video. However their YouTube channel is fairly extensive with pre and post match interviews with the manager and a player, as well as motherwell bias highlights of each game and u20 games.

hope this information helps.

Thanks for the info BM 

Don't forget that some lower league clubs like Raith Rovers have live TV streams.  In fact, Raith TV, which is run by volunteers, is very good indeed.

Audio only for St Johnstone away at the weekend I'm afraid, I don't believe they provide any separate video feeds for the game either.

For info; Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen all use the same company that we do for their club TV service (Sports Media GB), so I believe their subscription options are similar to ours. 

See here: http://www.sportsmediagb.com/portfolio

Gents, 

thanks for the replies. Not great news ( gives me less amo for getting out of last minute shopping) but very informative. Have a great Christmas guys.

On 20/12/2017 at 10:26, Laurie said:

Audio only for St Johnstone away at the weekend I'm afraid, I don't believe they provide any separate video feeds for the game either.

For info; Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen all use the same company that we do for their club TV service (Sports Media GB), so I believe their subscription options are similar to ours. 

See here: http://www.sportsmediagb.com/portfolio

As an ex-pat viewer, I’d happily increase the payment a few quid if it got me Hearts games at Celtic, hibs and Aberdeen. 

Has this ever been investigated via Sports Media? 

Ive still to cancel my Patrick thistle DD for game earlier in season!! ?

I think you just log on from abroad. Ir realises that your abroad and allows you to watch the game live. To be honest, you can do the same in the UK but need to log on via a vpn hider. Enjoy your holiday.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic