New stand

bigmeg

The Natural Order

Was speaking to somebody at Hearts this week and was told the red brick would have to be built into the stand as it's listed weather it was built into the inside of the new stand so you could come further out or you use that as the main bit. Either way it has to stay

No part of that is true. No part of the stand is listed, the whole thing will go when the time comes. Whoever told you that's talking shite.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Natural Order

Despite the cost - I'd love it if the fascade was retained and it was rebuilt on another site. Costs are just to prohibitive though. :-(

I'd love that as well but you wouldn't be allowed. Due to the asbestos on the roof everything below (brickwork, steel, wooden deck etc) is considered contaminated and therefore has to be chemically treated and sent to landfill. Health and safety gone mad.

Yes is it B listed but it's very possible to work round/within it.

I did the same search as Allez Rossoneri and could not find any B listing for Tynecastle, although I am sure I recall that it was.

Hopefully when we finally rebuild the main stand, we set some money aside to jazz up the 3 other stands. No point getting a fancy futuristic new stand if the other 3 need replaced in 10 years times.

WorldChampions1902

Hopefully when we finally rebuild the main stand, we set some money aside to jazz up the 3 other stands. No point getting a fancy futuristic new stand if the other 3 need replaced in 10 years times.

Why would the other three stands need replacing in 10 years time? And do you honestly think that we would have any money available after spending upwards of ?15m on a new main stand???

I had hoped that our fan base had grasped the realities of living within our means. We are not H1b5. We cannot, should not and must not overspend and then expect others to pick up the tab. I am fuming that taxpayers are having to subsidise H1b5 over-spending in recent years by virtue of them reneging on their debts to taxpayer-owned banks. That is not us. Time to get real.

Yip those concrete blocks burn much better [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use them on my barbecue, last much better than that shitty charcoal.  Takes a fair while to fire them up mind!

Why would the other three stands need replacing in 10 years time? And do you honestly think that we would have any money available after spending upwards of ?15m on a new main stand???

I had hoped that our fan base had grasped the realities of living within our means. We are not H1b5. We cannot, should not and must not overspend and then expect others to pick up the tab. I am fuming that taxpayers are having to subsidise H1b5 over-spending in recent years by virtue of them reneging on their debts to taxpayer-owned banks. That is not us. Time to get real.

Have you been in tynecastle recently? I'm not saying going out and spending ?5 million on doing them up. I'm meaning a fresh lick of paint, upgrading bathrooms, catering facilties, ensuring they don't become run down meaning high maintenance cost (like the main stand).

Do not tell me to get real.. Anyone with a right mind can see the 3 stands aren't in a great state. They will be 30 odd years old in 10 years time. I'm sure taking care of them now instead of them being a problem in the future is a better idea.

Use your brain before kicking off about a reasonable suggestion.

Also what's the need to bring hibs into this. It's a thread about the main stand at tynecastle. Nothing to do with the finances of the unwashed

We've just had ?30m+ of debt written-off ourselves...

Perhaps a contentious point but I've always considered the view that the 3 newer stands can be easily dismantled and rebuilt somewhere else to be an urban myth. There, i've said it.

kingantti1874

And were heavily penalised for it.. And it was related to our owners bank, not to a majority state owned UK bank

Perhaps a contentious point but I've always considered the view that the 3 newer stands can be easily dismantled and rebuilt somewhere else to be an urban myth. There, i've said it.

I'm with you on this. Realistically anything can be dismantled and rebuilt if you have the capital to make it possible. I don't think it would make any kind of financial sense though.

Argue, debate, and for some cry all you want about how it's going to be financed etc... but a new stand or stadium will be built.

I'm not ITK, I just think it's clearly obvious it's going to happen but I don't see why so many get upset about how we are going to afford it.

I'm sure our current expertise in the Tynecastle offices will work it out.

I agree Dave. After all, had it been so, we would have seen giant versions of these lying around in a box somewhere. I haven't so far. Mind you, maybe they're under one of the stands alongside the pieman's mythical vintage car/s.(you have heard that one eh?)

!B(-VOY!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlul7eBKfFYhV

Let's just hope we keep churning out good performances to fill the stands we have as yes we need to do something off the field with the main stand but let's get everything in place on the pitch first.

Ridiculous statement.

I want what's best for Hearts not Gorgie , Gorgie is a shithole. if it wasn't for Hearts I wouldn't go near it.

Can't be bothered trawling through the rest of the thread but I think you're missing the significance of

>

Greater than.

Have you been in tynecastle recently? I'm not saying going out and spending ?5 million on doing them up. I'm meaning a fresh lick of paint, upgrading bathrooms, catering facilties, ensuring they don't become run down meaning high maintenance cost (like the main stand).

Do not tell me to get real.. Anyone with a right mind can see the 3 stands aren't in a great state. They will be 30 odd years old in 10 years time. I'm sure taking care of them now instead of them being a problem in the future is a better idea.

Also what's the need to bring hibs into this. It's a thread about the main stand at tynecastle. Nothing to do with the finances of the unwashed

Wouldn't that be nice - "bathrooms" at Tynecastle? We could invite the great unwashed use of our upgraded facilities, when they visit us from the west of Scotland!  :sunny:

Not in anyway involved in construction, but I would think that the large concrete blocks would be salvageable and possibly some of the steelwork.

And were heavily penalised for it.. And it was related to our owners bank, not to a majority state owned UK bank

And so goes our superiority complex over Hibs... By a technicality of debt structure, we forgive ourselves of every form of moral responsibility for debts built up over the preceding 30 years. A mere 5 minutes later we trumpet our moral authority and profess superiority over Hibs on the basis that we are debt free and they are not. I'm a Hearts fan but I have to say that this form of baseless Hibs-bashing is as juvenile as it is divisive. What is the point?

If the thread is about Tynecastle, why are irrelevant Hibs-bashing comments considered on-topic?

And so goes our superiority complex over Hibs... I'm a Hearts fan but I have to say that this form of baseless Hibs-bashing is as juvenile as it is divisive. What is the point?

If the thread is about Tynecastle, why are irrelevant Hibs-bashing comments considered on-topic?

Oh come on Mr Hearts fan, how on earth can a couple of points referring to a wee pathetic club from Lochend be seen as "h1b5 bashing"?

And so goes our superiority complex over Hibs... By a technicality of debt structure, we forgive ourselves of every form of moral responsibility for debts built up over the preceding 30 years. A mere 5 minutes later we trumpet our moral authority and profess superiority over Hibs on the basis that we are debt free and they are not. I'm a Hearts fan but I have to say that this form of baseless Hibs-bashing is as juvenile as it is divisive. What is the point?

What is wrong with having a superiority complex over Hibs, we are indeed superior to them in every way. Not only that but I was sick fed up of all the talk coming out of Easter Road for years about their club being "run the proper way" as if they were some model of debt free club whilst we were seen by them as cheaters.

We even had Mr Petrie stating at their AGM that our cup win was somehow tainted because of our debt whilst he himself was busy negotiating with his bankers to write off a substantial part of their debt without the need for their club to enter an administration event and therefor avoid any punishment.

I await with interest their next couple of sets of annual accounts to see how much they cheated last year to achieve nothing.

So forgive me if I rejoice in their failures both on and of the park because that is what rivals are for.

fabienleclerq

Can't be bothered trawling through the rest of the thread but I think you're missing the significance of

>

Greater than.

Trawl a little bit and the poster in questions next post proves I'm not really coco.

WorldChampions1902

You 'doth protest to much, methinks'.

Staying on topic, if Hearts remain at Tynecastle, a managebale budget would be no more than ?15m (IMHO) to be spent on redeveloping the main stand. If our Management team can surpass that expenditure in the belief that it's doable, then I have complete faith in them and I'm sure we will have a redeveloped stadium we can all be proud of.

Relocating to another plot seems to be unlikely which is great news as far as I'm concerned.

Francis Albert

How much do people think it might cost to cut up large chunks of concrete and move them and reinstate them in a new location compared to pouring some new concrete in the new location? The steelwork and roofs? Again, unless you are going for a simple replica of the old stadium I can't believe it would be much cheaper if at all from starting from scratch.

I've dug out some of the pics I took of the construction of the stands. Living along the road allowed me to walk along & watch them going up. Basically bolted steel beams with a pre formed concrete flooring dropped into place & bolted down then the seats were added. .

Thanks for posting these I was in Australia when all this work was done. It's a fascinating insight into how they were erected.

No problem, [emoji106] I took this pic of the old sign too before it disappeared. cd8932153e998a1258d77b5454fd84cf.jpg

There's a hunt on at the moment to find that sign. Somehow I think it's long gone, recycled or fire wood.

john brownlee

I really don't know why you posters go on about a replaced stand, it will not happen the cooncil have blocked every plan so far and will continue to do so until Heart of Midlothian bow down to a new community stadium funded by us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's just hope we keep churning out good performances to fill the stands we have as yes we need to do something off the field with the main stand but let's get everything in place on the pitch first.

But it goes hand in hand mate....The club is going to go on for a long long time yet and i think its important to get the stadium to a level that suits the stature of the club.

The new stand or stadium venture will be set aside from the on field part otherwise we`d really suffer on the pitch if it meant cutting back to build a stand.

I really don't know why you posters go on about a replaced stand, it will not happen the cooncil have blocked every plan so far and will continue to do so until Heart of Midlothian bow down to a new community stadium funded by us.

Well why have Hearts done new plans this year of a new stand

Really? Care to share where this Intel was derived?

How much do people think it might cost to cut up large chunks of concrete and move them and reinstate them in a new location compared to pouring some new concrete in the new location? The steelwork and roofs? Again, unless you are going for a simple replica of the old stadium I can't believe it would be much cheaper if at all from starting from scratch.

As I posted earlier and proved in the photos later, the stadium is built in an almost kit type fashion.

Importantly, if a new Roseburn is required, we would very much want the stand to be almost replica with the new main stand incorporating a filled corner.

The concrete is not poured, it is all pre-fabbed. These are all salvageable.

Edit,

E interesting if anybody has demolition experience, I am sure it would be systematically dismantled for max return.

Hubs would have to be in serious financial shit for them to leave ER. Very possible I suppose.

ER is a very decent stadium IMO. Would never accept Hearts ever ground sharing it though.

Ground share elsewhere?,I would, but t would be met with a lot of hostility.

The council have got to do there best for us regarding future development at Tynecastle.

Francis Albert

As I posted earlier and proved in the photos later, the stadium is built in an almost kit type fashion.

Importantly, if a new Roseburn is required, we would very much want the stand to be almost replica with the new main stand incorporating a filled corner.

The concrete is not poured, it is all pre-fabbed. These are all salvageable.

Edit,

E interesting if anybody has demolition experience, I am sure it would be systematically dismantled for max return.

I posted before your pictures, for which thanks. I am still not entirely convinced of the economics of dismantling and putting back together, but like you would welcome a view from a demolition/reinstatement expert.

Francis Albert

Slightly off topic perhaps but the new Sky Football Yearbook suggests we have already moved grounds, naming Tynecastle Park (as well as correctly "Old Tynecastle Park") as a "previous ground" (unlike other renamed grounds like say Ibrox Park Stadium or Easter Road). According to this "bible" of football facts Ann Budge has also been displaced as Chairman of the club by Brian Cormack and demoted to Chief Executive. Our nicknames are "Hearts" and "Jambos" - "Jam Tarts" is alas no more.

john brownlee

Really? Care to share where this Intel was derived?

do you really think the conciliatory will give permission for a muckle great stand to block the light on their shiny new school.

Dream on brothers and sisters its never going to happen the new school was the latest nail in the coffin.

john brownlee

As I've said before the way round it and staying at Tynecastle is to turn the stadium round IE, make wheatfield the new stand /hotel. Plenty of room with builders yard and the turnstiles. And have the old stand the same design as the school end.

do you really think the conciliatory will give permission for a muckle great stand to block the light on their shiny new school.

Dream on brothers and sisters its never going to happen the new school was the latest nail in the coffin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapata

Unless you have inside knowledge of the mindset of the people that will be on the council after the 2017 elections then I presume what you have posted is your opinion. You are fully entitled to it and I am also entitled to totally disagree. If Hearts decide to build a new stand it will be built 

As I've said before the way round it and staying at Tynecastle is to turn the stadium round IE, make wheatfield the new stand /hotel. Plenty of room with builders yard and the turnstiles. And have the old stand the same design as the school end.

That would cost twice as much as a new stand so I can't see it happening

Whether in practice it happens or not, at the "not fit for purpose" EGM, the architect was the one that said it was the way it was designed, at the behest of CPR/LD.

portobellojambo1

Unless you have inside knowledge of the mindset of the people that will be on the council after the 2017 elections then I presume what you have posted is your opinion. You are fully entitled to it and I am also entitled to totally disagree. If Hearts decide to build a new stand it will be built 

I agree with your last sentence, a stand will be built. In his defence JB may be offering opinion based on his interpretation of why Romanov's crazy story about the new stand/office space/underground car park never came to fruition, i.e. it was all down to the council, when the truth is nothing could be further from the truth. Communication did stop, not from the council and others involved, but to them. It was all another of his fairy stories that was never going to be built.

Teuchterjambo

Whether in practice it happens or not, at the "not fit for purpose" EGM, the architect was the one that said it was the way it was designed, at the behest of CPR/LD.

The logic of deconstructing three twenty plus year old stands and erect them somewhere else at sometime in the future would be like stepping back into a time warp. It is an absolutely ridiculous proposal... technical difficulties aside it is highly unlikely to have any comercial benefit.

There is an obvious commercial comparison to be made with the difference bewteen the cost of a new mainstand and the cost of total new development either on site or at a new location ... that will be the discussion that is taking place., certainly nothing abut taking down and re erecting 3 stands.

fabienleclerq

I believe the vermin are looking in! A hibs mate told me he read on .net we are off to west Lothian!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I believe the vermin are looking in! A hibs mate told me he read on .net we are off to west Lothian!

I read that on .ned too. You would have thought that after the embarrassing frozen shares debacle, the ten years a slaver humiliation, the relegation party, and the lolfest that was the Gary Oliver loan, they would have learned not to believe the bullshit of fantasists and weirdos. :rofl:

fabienleclerq

I read that on .ned too. You would have thought that after the embarrassing frozen shares debacle, the ten years a slaver humiliation, the relegation party, and the lolfest that was the Gary Oliver loan, they would have learned not to believe the bullshit of fantasists and weirdos. :rofl:

It went like this,

" you here The rumours about Hearts are moving to west Lothian?"

Em, no.

"Heard you were looking at sites in west Lothian or looking to ground share with Livvy "

Can't see our 13500 season ticket holders fitting in mate...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It went like this,

" you here The rumours about Hearts are moving to west Lothian?"

Em, no.

"Heard you were looking at sites in west Lothian or looking to ground share with Livvy "

Can't see our 13500 season ticket holders fitting in mate...

Incredible fantasists, of the like world football has never known. :rofl:

Here's a classic example of the wishful thinking fingers in ears approach:

Bostonhibby 11:54 AM Today

Me too, we must know different yams. My in law seems to be an adult. He is the type who watches them on the telly but has the maroon jumper (but no others based on how often he wears it and how long he's owned it).

He is a world authority on all things yam but his missus cuts him down quickly by reminding him he hasn't been to a game for decades! He signed the DD pledge immediately and spouted to anyone who would listen that he was doing his bit.

Imagine our surprise when his missus then revealed he'd cancelled the DD without a payment. The reason? It wasn't needed once Budge "saved" them. His nephew who does go to games did the same.

Suspect there are plenty more who might not be doing what they brag about. They can't help themselves.

It is incredible how they set themselves up for a fall every time, but never learn. :lol:

http://www.blogfoundationofhearts.org/august-2015/

"Financial update

July was the last ?non footballing? month of summer for the FoH and we are delighted to report that contributions and member numbers have held up during this period, despite previous experience suggesting there may be a degree of attrition. As at July our member count were just under 8,100 and total contributions were just under ?130,000. This, together with the generous bequest we reported in last month?s blog, means we continue to be well on track with our agreed payment plan."

But, no. Boston Hibby's imaginary friend is a far better barometer for the success of the venture.

:gok:

Ground sharing with Livvy, unbelievable.

Surprisingly can think of one club in Edinburgh who would find a 13.5k capacity more than enough 99% of the time.

Idiots

We will relocate to Muddyfield for a season. This will bring in even more revenue lol. Hibs will still be a league below us and will be more likely to share with Livi as there crowds will average 7k lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived