New stand

bigmeg

Was at a family event last night and was speaking to my wife's cousin who is a surveyor for the council. Anyway, he says that hearts have either bought the land around tynecastle or have agreed the price for the land(was drunk at the time). He claims to have seen the architects drawing for the stand and that a capacity of 23k is what we are going for. if true, the stand may be closer that certainly I expected. Has anyone heard anything similar.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann said recently that they are actively looking at increasing stadium capacity. Im not itk on this subject though.

Staying in Gorgie is an absolute must.

Redevelopment of the main stand and pushing the capacity up to 23,000 is without a doubt the way to go.

Happy to hear this.

Bert Le Clos

Redevelopment of the main stand and pushing the capacity up to 23,000 is without a doubt the way to go.

Happy to hear this.

No, it's not.

It would be preferable to most, including me, but in terms of what is best for the long term future of the club, staying in Gorgie is not paramount.

Fortunately I expect the current board to weigh everything up before coming to the correct decision.

Paulie Walnut

Have been told about a 'wrap around' solution for the main stand/roseburn problem. Jizztastic!

Have been told about a 'wrap around' solution for the main stand/roseburn problem. Jizztastic!

Sounds interesting. What's the specific problem as a matter of interest?

Would love us to stay at Tynecastle. Obviously would over time get used to a new stadium but I'd love my sons and grandsons to be going to Tynie when they are old.

And he's not praying

Sounds interesting. What's the specific problem as a matter of interest?

Pitch size?

Jambof3tornado

Wrap around as in clingfilm???

Victor Meldrew

No Hearts in Gorgie > no Hearts.

If a move is the right thing for us to do in order to secure a healthy long-term future for the club, I'll support it.

jamboinglasgow

Just want to see a picture :(

Me too. An idea of what can be done. The images from the 2007 plans only kept me going so far. Also wonder what happened to the model.

I can imagine they are looking to see what can be done. But ultimately I would like to see how they plan to fund this.

It could look something like this (I pinched this photo from someone on this forum and duplicated the Wheatfield stand):

tynecastle2017.jpg

Some people have short memories.  We are very lucky to still have a club to support anywhere, never mind Gorgie.

It could look something like this (I pinched this photo from someone on this forum and duplicated the Wheatfield stand):

tynecastle2017.jpg

That has to be the future of Tynecastle.

(enter clumshot gif here)

Clerry Jambo

Always get a wee tingle when new stand threads appear. Not ITK but what I do know is with the current board running things I honestly believe Ann will want this to be her legacy when she eventually steps aside.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Some people have short memories. We are very lucky to still have a club to support anywhere, never mind Gorgie.

:rofl:

Though I think we'd be better off flattening Tynecastle and starting again. The pitch dimensions will always be an issue as it is, and we can't, realistically, expand the pitch anymore due to the pylons. I guess it'll come down to how much we get for Paterson and Walker, and how well we do in the league to see if we have the finances for something more extreme like a complete rebuild.

If it means we build a new stadium on the current lot with even steeper stands, I'm all for it!

Even if we don't build a new main stand, securing ownership of all of the adjoining property facing McLeod St is essential because it increases the value of the Tynecastle site should we need to sell and move.

Currently, Hearts doesn't own the admin and ticket offices or the nursery, so access could be an issue to any future owner. A bigger footprint also increases the land value signicantly.

I was told that Ann Budge spoke to the G10 (fans groups) last season to say that she was exploring the possibility of buying all three adjoining properties. She has also spoken to the Council and been assured that the obstacles to development of the main stand, as highlighted by CPR in his "Not Fit for Purpose" document, were not insurmountable. No surprises there!

She also told the group that her first preference was to stay at Tynecastle but that she did not rule out the possibility of moving to a new location. There were then and remain a number of factors to be taken into consideration, not least cost vs benefits.

Fantastic if true. A 23,000 capacity Tynecastle with steep stands close to the pitch on all sides will be an amazing place to watch football and even more intimidating for opposing teams. Filling in the corners would be good too - not sure if possible. An inner city stadium that's part of the local community is the way to go for a club our size unless we absolutely have to leave.

tynecastle2017.jpg

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

fabienleclerq

Ridiculous statement.

I want what's best for Hearts not Gorgie , Gorgie is a shithole. if it wasn't for Hearts I wouldn't go near it.

If a move is the right thing for us to do in order to secure a healthy long-term future for the club, I'll support it.

I wouldn't.

In fact, I'd actively oppose it.

New stadium at approx 30-?40 million.

Messi signing before the window closes Tuesday.

I would say Messi has more chance of signing tbh

Phil D. Corners

Its A way forward. Not THE way forward.

Agreed.

A brown field site might offer the best value, but I would rather pay more to stay in Gorgie.

I don't think it possible to quantify the affect and Tradtion of Hearts in the local community.

And he's not praying

So the new stand would hold roughly 10000, that's a fair bit bigger than the wheatfield.

It's ******* huge. :laugh:

I'd be surprised if we could 1) fit such a structure into the existing footprint and 2) afford it.

23k at Tynecastle seems unrealistic to me as things stand. 

I wouldn't.

In fact, I'd actively oppose it.

So you'd oppose   'a healthy long-term future for the club,'..............strange opinion.

bigis semiauskas

Ridiculous statement.

I want what's best for Hearts not Gorgie , Gorgie is a shithole. if it wasn't for Hearts I wouldn't go near it.

bigis semiauskas

Ridiculous statement.

how is it a shithole.

Ridiculous statement.

Maybe our Toon Cooncil, with an eye on possibly re-developing Gorgie as an area (god knows it needs it), will actively assist us in by making it easier for us to acquire the land necessary to build a new stand and widening the pitch at the same time. I suspect the Board will be sounding out the council & current owners of adjoining properties with a view to obtaining agreements in principle re planning issues & purchase price. I don't doubt that, should they come up against major planning difficulties and reluctant vendors, a decision to move will be made. Ann Budge has a track record of getting things done, I doubt she will countenance an extended planning/negiotiating period.

So you'd oppose 'a healthy long-term future for the club,'..............strange opinion.

Yes. Yes that's right. I'd oppose a healthy long term future for the club.

:cornette:

Don't know where you read that.

It is my opinion that we can achieve that by staying in Gorgie.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope we can make this work as the Gorgie atmosphere on match days would be virtually impossible to replicate in an out of town location. A few days ago I cycled between Hermiston Gate and the Gyle and tried to imagine what a stadium in a location like that would be like and could not help thinking how many would turn out for a midweek game in a soulless place with very few near by boozers and eateries, not as many as the inner city imo. Hope the new stand is feasible.

TyphoonJambo

Fantastic if true. A 23,000 capacity Tynecastle with steep stands close to the pitch on all sides will be an amazing place to watch football and even more intimidating for opposing teams. Filling in the corners would be good too - not sure if possible. An inner city stadium that's part of the local community is the way to go for a club our size unless we absolutely have to leave.

This man gets it. 23k is our catchment and a steep.

and noisy Tynie would be a thing of awe

The brownfield site at Sighthill is the way forward.

For us not familiar with Sighthill, where exactly is the brownfield site?

Rubbish, obviously we've all grown up supporting Hearts at tynecastle and it would be a wrench leaving but if the way forward for the football club is to relocate then so be it.

fabienleclerq

For us not familiar with Sighthill, where exactly is the brownfield site?

Assuming he means where the pitz are.

Yes. Yes that's right. I'd oppose a healthy long term future for the club.

:cornette:

Don't know where you read that.

It is my opinion that we can achieve that by staying in Gorgie.

Quote....'If a move is the right thing for us to do in order to secure a healthy long-term future for the club, I'll support it.'

Your answer......'I wouldn't.    In fact, I'd actively oppose it.'

Now forgive me but it seems pretty clear that you have stated that you would not support a move to secure the long term future of the club. Of course despite the statement you may not have been very clear in expressing your thoughts so give it another try.otherwise it leaves you stating Gorgie or else and to **** with securing the clubs future.

fabienleclerq

how is it a shithole.

How's it not? It's run down, full of shite shops and doesn't appeal to me as a great place to live tbh. If it weren't for Hearts it'd be worse and there's nothing there to attract people to the area.

OP is more or less bang on the money. New plans will probably be announced towards the end of the season. Depends on what happens between now and then but the board are exploring every possible avenue to stay in gorgie. 23k is the perfect size.

fabienleclerq

Cheers for that, still had to google it.

Big area with the trams and motorway very close, not too far from Gorgie or riccarton. Imo it's the best option for a modern stadium.

win the league

get into the champions league

qualify for the knock out stages

re develop tynecastle. 

job done? no

Archived