New stand

bigmeg

Malinga the Swinga

Though I think we'd be better off flattening Tynecastle and starting again. The pitch dimensions will always be an issue as it is, and we can't, realistically, expand the pitch anymore due to the pylons. I guess it'll come down to how much we get for Paterson and Walker, and how well we do in the league to see if we have the finances for something more extreme like a complete rebuild.

If it means we build a new stadium on the current lot with even steeper stands, I'm all for it!

Hope it doesn't rely on too much money for Patterson. According to some on here, he is a liability , cannot cross a ball, cannot tackle without being red carded and is too hot headed to succeed,.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga

win the league

get into the champions league

qualify for the knock out stages

re develop tynecastle. 

job done? no

Excuse me, qualify for knock out stages. You mean win the Champions league and defend it the year after don't you. Also win World club championship and Euro super cup.

No, it's not.

It would be preferable to most, including me, but in terms of what is best for the long term future of the club, staying in Gorgie is not paramount.

Fortunately I expect the current board to weigh everything up before coming to the correct decision.

This.

The thought of Tynecastle with a new stand and the corners filled in is mouth watering. Something like this but in maroon.

2011-05-13_11%3A10%3A44__mg_8286.jpg

StadionDresden_1.jpg

Please.

Bazzas right boot

Edinburgh is a top European destination.

I think we could get a Sponsor to pay for most of the cost, however it would mean rebranding the Stadium.

Bazzas right boot

It could look something like this (I pinched this photo from someone on this forum and duplicated the Wheatfield stand):

tynecastle2017.jpg

What a difference.

The main stand is a eye sore.

I would love that!

The thought of Tynecastle with a new stand and the corners filled in is mouth watering. Something like this but in maroon.

StadionDresden_1.jpg

Please.

I would love that. What an intimidating stadium we'd have for opposition!

Paulie Walnut

It's ******* huge. :laugh:

I'd be surprised if we could 1) fit such a structure into the existing footprint and 2) afford it.

23k at Tynecastle seems unrealistic to me as things stand.

21k is the figure, big enough and enough to take neutral games away from ER

Bridge of Djoum

Yes. Yes that's right. I'd oppose a healthy long term future for the club.

:cornette:

Don't know where you read that.

It is my opinion that we can achieve that by staying in Gorgie.

TBF, it's exactly what you said. 

luckyBatistuta

The main stand is a eye sore.

We do need to build a new one, but how dare you say that. Not a PHM with statements like that.

Will 23k be the limit or fan this be extended further if we keep progressing. It's a fantastic start though and can't wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will 23k be the limit or fan this be extended further if we keep progressing. It's a fantastic start though and can't wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad thought he could hit 40k on our current site, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the start of a long term project to renovate the stadium

Obviously thats vlad, but I reckon there is room for a larger stadium on that site.

Quote....'If a move is the right thing for us to do in order to secure a healthy long-term future for the club, I'll support it.'

Your answer......'I wouldn't. In fact, I'd actively oppose it.'

Now forgive me but it seems pretty clear that you have stated that you would not support a move to secure the long term future of the club. Of course despite the statement you may not have been very clear in expressing your thoughts so give it another try.otherwise it leaves you stating Gorgie or else and to **** with securing the clubs future.

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant I'd oppose a move from Gorgie.

Bridge of Djoum

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant I'd oppose a move from Gorgie.

Why would you oppose it though? I think a lot of fans would be upset at the move. But IF the present location in any way stunts the progression and growth of the club, surely we have to support it.

Hearts are synonymous with Gorgie, the history is wonderful. But we have to look at the future too. 

If it were to happen, & I think it will. We should go for a glamour friendly to open the new redevelopment. Charge a straight ?20 per ticket generating ?460,000. Get our opponents to waive any appearance fee ( out of kindness of course ) big part of the cost covered already.

I would buy one right now, preferably in the new stand if they were available. We've had Barca so it's time Real paid us a visit, just so we can sing the Barca-Real song ;)

Phil D. Corners

How's it not? It's run down, full of shite shops and doesn't appeal to me as a great place to live tbh. If it weren't for Hearts it'd be worse and there's nothing there to attract people to the area.

lets be honest, football grounds and shit holes, as you put, tend to go together.

Don't think we would get the backing of, say the people of morningside, to build a ground there.

Why would you oppose it though? I think a lot of fans would be upset at the move. But IF the present location in any way stunts the progression and growth of the club, surely we have to support it.

Hearts are synonymous with Gorgie, the history is wonderful. But we have to look at the future too.

Id oppose it because I firmly believe that we can grow really well as a club while remaining in Gorgie with a completely regenerated main stand area and other improvements.

upgotheheads

It could look something like this (I pinched this photo from someone on this forum and duplicated the Wheatfield stand):

tynecastle2017.jpg

that's clever!

Bridge of Djoum

Id oppose it because I firmly believe that we can grow really well as a club while remaining in Gorgie with a completely regenerated main stand area and other improvements.

That's fair enough.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not being wide but if this is true, when was Ann Budge empowered to burden FoH with paying off the costs of a stand?

Bridge of Djoum

Not being wide but if this is true, when was Ann Budge empowered to burden FoH with paying off the costs of a stand?

There is no suggestion FOH will be burdened with the cost. 

Absolutely none.

would this not maybe happen once Anne Budge is repaid by FoH, she maybe plans on reinvesting to build the main stand on a similar repayment plan at a more favourable interest rate than a bank would offer

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is no suggestion FOH will be burdened with the cost.

Absolutely none.

Really?

If it is being gifted, great.

Gifts of tens of millions of pounds don't come around that often though.

what would be a realistic figure for naming rights to the stadium for a sponsor?

Turkish Airlines @ ?3m over 5 years I reckon

Bridge of Djoum

Really?

If it is being gifted, great.

Gifts of tens of millions of pounds don't come around that often t

No one said it's to be gifted either.

I'd imagine after Ms Budge has been repaid, she may well re-invest, or seek private investment among the business community, seek stadium sponsorship, approach the council. Many ideas inbetween your burdening debt and freebie suggestions.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No one said it's to be gifted either.

I'd imagine after Ms Budge has been repaid, she may well re-invest, or seek private investment among the business community, seek stadium sponsorship, approach the council. Many ideas inbetween your burdening debt and freebie suggestions.

So in other words, you don't know how it is to be financed. You are speculating.

In all likelihood, whatever method of funding is determined, the quantum of that funding will require a security over the stadium and some sort of staggered payment arrangement. That's a debt. It may well be a friendly debt but it's a debt. It may also be the right course of action but that doesn't mean that it should be presented as a fait accompli.

tynecastle2017.jpg

That wouldn't increase capacity by that much, a thousand if you're lucky.

Watt-Zeefuik

StadionDresden_1.jpg

Please.

Only a cool ?45m away. (source: http://www.das-neue-dresden.de/fussballstadion_dynamo-dresden.html)

Regarding financing, we're spending some ?400k/year on upkeep on the old stand.  Assuming the new stand would be relatively maintenance free for the first decade, that's about ?3.5m in financed costs freed up by not maintaining the old main.

On top of that, if we sell out a 23k stadium six times/year that's 750k/year coming in that's unavailable to us now.  Probably about another ?6.5m over 10 years once financed.

So, again assuming 6 sellouts, that's ?10m after financing costs over 10 years that requires no new monies.

Bridge of Djoum

So in other words, you don't know how it is to be financed. You are speculating.

In all likelihood, whatever method of funding is determined, the quantum of that funding will require a security over the stadium and some sort of staggered payment arrangement. That's a debt. It may well be a friendly debt but it's a debt. It may also be the right course of action but that doesn't mean that it should be presented as a fait accompli.

Yes of course I'm speculating, like everyone else.

My point was Geoff, no one ever said FOH were going to be burdened by this debt.

Stop pissing in the wind trying to find the direction of your argument.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes of course I'm speculating, like everyone else.

My point was Geoff, no one ever said FOH were going to be burdened by this debt.

Stop pissing in the wind trying to find the direction of your argument.

And no one said they weren't either.

My point is that developments of this kind should be shared with the FoH membership at the earliest possible opportunity so that they can be scrutinised.

Sepp's Bladder

tynecastle2017.jpg

I like what youve done. However i would prefer hearts to build something more modern... with better facilites such as improved hospitality, better facilities for all staff from physio, players to groundsman and a scoreboard!!

Bridge of Djoum

My point is that developments of this kind should be shared with the FoH membership at the earliest possible opportunity so that they can be scrutinised.

I will absolutely guarantee FOH will not be burdened by this debt.

Bookmark.

Watt-Zeefuik

Given my faith in the current admin my assumption is that they are working on securing control of the necessary land (probably in the form of options to buy) before they drop plans in the public eye.  Not ITK (ever) but I'm not worried that we'll see something in writing before the deals are signed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bookmark.

Fair enough. I shall.

portobellojambo1

I'm only reading between the lines here Geoff, but as the club is presently being run by Bidco, and not yet under FoH that alone suggests to me that any potential new development will be completed before FoH take over the running of the club and could further suggest that the source of finance will not be a problem, i.e. it is not a potential debt that will pass over to the incoming owners (us).

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm only reading between the lines here Geoff, but as the club is presently being run by Bidco, and not yet under FoH that alone suggests to me that any potential new development will be completed before FoH take over the running of the club and could further suggest that the source of finance will not be a problem, i.e. it is not a potential debt that will pass over to the incoming owners (us).

If a new stand is built and funded before FoH take over I will be pleasantly surprised.

Raymond Reddington

If this land has been bought by hearts maybe we have used the money left by the hearts fan to pay for it. Would be a nice way to spend it rather than splashing it on a player.

tynecastle2017.jpg

looks good. But its going to be a good bit bigger than the wheatfield stand!

Ann should rip up the FOH contract, I will happily switch my DD. :thumbsup:

She can't, unless they (we) default on payment.

Gorgie_Rules

Dont think land is an issue tbh, if the said buildings are acquired we wouldn't have a problem fitting a stand larger than the Wheatfield in, a look on Google maps confirms this.

The only obstacles I see are obviously funding and the pitch size. It could be made wider but isn't it the length that is the problem? If anyone is to find a solution to the funding its Budge

I suspect a big chunk of the money required for a new stand will be raised by ringfencing the proceeds from the sale of three players in the first team next summer. Paterson, Walker and one of the foreign lads?

Anyone know what is going to be built on the site of the old community centre next to the Prison Officer's Club? It is almost demolished now.

Bookmark.

Are you in a position of power at A) the club or B ) the FoH?

If the answer to both is no, then you cannot guarantee that. Whilst he's trying to be a dick about it, I agree with Geoff's suggestion that the stadium will cost FoH in some way. However, I think it's the right thing to do. Our stadium is the last big financial question left. If we future proof Tynecastle then we can move on.

Happy to take this club "debt" on for the right reason.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Sorting out Tynecastle is the last piece of the jigsaw. If anyone can do it, I believe Ann can.

Archived