New stand

bigmeg

Shanghai Hearts

Ray, soon you'll be telling us that you still believe in the tooth-fairy. If Ann was an auld eccentric with no family I'd be tempted to go along with you. However, she's a hard nosed business-woman and that's why she's got the money she has. I think that, after we've repaid the loan, the best we can hope for is her ongoing free input into the running of the club. 

I hope this is the case...her business back ground  & contacts have accelerated our recovery, for that I am eternally grateful. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray, soon you'll be telling us that you still believe in the tooth-fairy. If Ann was an auld eccentric with no family I'd be tempted to go along with you. However, she's a hard nosed business-woman and that's why she's got the money she has. I think that, after we've repaid the loan, the best we can hope for is her ongoing free input into the running of the club.

and there is me thinking the tooth fairy was a real entity, seriously though I know that she is a shrewd business woman but I just have this gut feeling that she will make some kind of financial gesture. I also would love to see her remain running the club for as long as possible.

Agreed about the banks. Their days of going anywhere near a Scottish football club are well gone.

I am afraid that after their liberal lending policy to clubs, lead by a certain gentleman at Bank of Scotland, cost them a fortune in writing down debts no bank will give loans to football clubs in the foreseeable future.

Totally agree with your comments re banks and Scottish football. That said, once we've got a set of accounts which show we're in a strong financial position we would become a completely different prospect to any lender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree with your comments re banks and Scottish football. That said, once we've got a set of accounts which show we're in a strong financial position we would become a completely different prospect to any lender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt it. Remember, clubs can go from being conservative to reckless very quickly. Accounts for one prudent year will mean little.

As far as the banks are concerned, once bitten ...

The bottom line is we need to do this and up the capacity by 5/6k

I'm sure Ann wouldn't be looking into this and doing all this preparation works if this was not possible.

This project will bring in even more income plus fans are pumping in 1.4 million a year & rising. I'm sure we can find a lender fir any shortfall.

We also have player sales to look forward too.

Since if supported Hearts we have never ever been in such a great financial position.

The years ahead look very positive indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom line is we need to do this and up the capacity by 5/6k

I'm sure Ann wouldn't be looking into this and doing all this preparation works if this was not possible.

This project will bring in even more income plus fans are pumping in 1.4 million a year & rising. I'm sure we can find a lender fir any shortfall.

We also have player sales to look forward too.

Since if supported Hearts we have never ever been in such a great financial position.

The years ahead look very positive indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It still disappoints me that the big businesses ignore us. If we were to build corporate boxes who would fill them. The Finance sector, the growing tech industry sector and the big airlines don't seem interested at present. And with the greatest of respect there's only so much local small businesses can contribute.

To fund a new stand we would need to find investment from somewhere. We cannot secure a bank loan due to recent financial problems.

Imo the only viable option for the long term future of our club is moving somewhere else. Sell the land to some sort of devoloper and use the money fund a new stadium

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It still disappoints me that the big businesses ignore us. If we were to build corporate boxes who would fill them. The Finance sector, the growing tech industry sector and the big airlines don't seem interested at present. And with the greatest of respect there's only so much local small businesses can contribute.

Always been more interested in the bigot pantomime along the M8.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

To fund a new stand we would need to find investment from somewhere. We cannot secure a bank loan due to recent financial problems.

Imo the only viable option for the long term future of our club is moving somewhere else. Sell the land to some sort of devoloper and use the money fund a new stadium

Despite all the noises coming from the club indicating the most likely option is renovating Tynecastle?

Plus, you would be have to be off your nut to spend ?14 million on the stadium and not have it meet all the specifications!

This

Always been more interested in the bigot pantomime along the M8.

I know S&N were, but there's new opportunities. The tech firms are relatively new start ups and the middle east airlines weren't around when S&N were sticking money in to the Old Firm. No idea if any of the Banks and Insurance firms have ever backed Scottish football.

Could be a lot of empty boxes in our new stand if we can't get them interested.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know S&N were, but there's new opportunities. The tech firms are relatively new start ups and the middle east airlines weren't around when S&N were sticking money in to the Old Firm. No idea if any of the Banks and Insurance firms have ever backed Scottish football.

Could be a lot of empty boxes in our new stand if we can't get them interested.

With Edinburgh's brewing history it was a disgrace them sponsoring Glasgow teams and ignoring the club on their doorstep imo. Big part of the problem is the size of the two clubs just 44 miles away. We've not helped ourselves by not having decent corporate facilities I suppose, but then where would the money for that be coming from without some decent corporate sponsorship?

As for the financial sector, the former Chief of Bank of Scotland was VERY friendly with a certain Edinburgh based millionaire Sir David Murray...

The Glasgow teams hoovered up any Edinburgh money decades ago. Can't see that changing any time soon unfortunately.

They and their clients are probably not currently interested in sitting in the open, mid winter, in the middle of an unsegregated Gorgie Stand.

That could change if they are provided with the right facilities.

Who knows? Queen Ann might just have something up her sleeve.

I keep thinking back to the London based Hearts fans who were seemingly interested in us during the admin episode and the Scandinavians if they were genuine.  Would they be interested in helping the club develop the stadium?

The whole lot including buildings, fixtures and fittings was flogged for ?2.5m recently.

No Property Developer, who would only be interested in buying the land, put in a higher bid for Tynecastle.

How is the shortfall of ?25m plus to build a new stadium to be financed in these circumstances?

They and their clients are probably not currently interested in sitting in the open, mid winter, in the middle of an unsegregated Gorgie Stand.

That could change if they are provided with the right facilities.

Could be I suppose. I believe that Hibs and Aberdeen both generate more corporate ticket income than us? We need to put that right one way or another.

Despite all the noises coming from the club indicating the most likely option is renovating Tynecastle?

Dony get me wrong i would love to see tynecastle renovated and staying put.

However, bar getting some sort of major investment or selling our players for silly amounts i cant see where the money is coming from.

Could be I suppose. I believe that Hibs and Aberdeen both generate more corporate ticket income than us? We need to put that right one way or another.

Aye, we are missing out big time and in a central Edinburgh location at present

However, I'm sure Dr Budge will be engaging with Businesses etc as to the kind of hospitality/corporate facitlies that they would like, as part of the new main stand project, and therefore once built such facitilities will be tailor made for their requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

One of those bumps where you get your hopes and then... :(

Yeah.. Sorry! Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything new , didn't think it worth starting a new thread (had the same reaction to the Severin thread!)

With Edinburgh's brewing history it was a disgrace them sponsoring Glasgow teams and ignoring the club on their doorstep imo. Big part of the problem is the size of the two clubs just 44 miles away. We've not helped ourselves by not having decent corporate facilities I suppose, but then where would the money for that be coming from without some decent corporate sponsorship?

As for the financial sector, the former Chief of Bank of Scotland was VERY friendly with a certain Edinburgh based millionaire Sir David Murray...

The Glasgow teams hoovered up any Edinburgh money decades ago. Can't see that changing any time soon unfortunately.

Old S&N was very much a throwback business and an old board of men that liked to deal in privacy and wee rooms, very masons like. For example, there was a gents in the boardroom but no ladies; I mean, why would they need one?! I may be a touch unfair on S&N and other businesses will have been similar but yeah, it was that kind of company. Not surprised they would look to Rangers, tbh.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Old S&N was very much a throwback business and an old board of men that liked to deal in privacy and wee rooms, very masons like. For example, there was a gents in the boardroom but no ladies; I mean, why would they need one?! I may be a touch unfair on S&N and other businesses will have been similar but yeah, it was that kind of company. Not surprised they would look to Rangers, tbh.

Didn't know that, but far from surprised. I'd really like us to get the stand plus good corporate facilities in place while Ann Budge is still with us as the our owner, it would be good to see how effective she is at filling a good facility with modern business customers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yeah.. Sorry! Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything new , didn't think it worth starting a new thread (had the same reaction to the Severin thread!)

Me too! Thought he'd joined the coaching staff. :D

upgotheheads

I had a conversation recently with someone who sounded as if he had some inside info. I think I have heard something similar in the past so it's maybe not entirely new.

Apparently serious consideration is being given to turning the pitch 90 degrees with a new stand (now and end stand) backing onto McCleod street. How the Gorgie and school end stands would be incorporated or moved would be interesting.

This would probably entail the building of a completely new 'corporate 'stand on the axis of either the School or Gorgie stands.

Maybe the intention is to dismantle the Wheatfield, Gorgie and/or School end stands and use the components in the constuction of a 'new' stadium.

Sounds like a lot of work, but announcements to be made towards the end of the season or in the close season.

I had a conversation recently with someone who sounded as if he had some inside info. I think I have heard something similar in the past so it's maybe not entirely new.

Apparently serious consideration is being given to turning the pitch 90 degrees with a new stand (now and end stand) backing onto McCleod street. How the Gorgie and school end stands would be incorporated or moved would be interesting.

This would probably entail the building of a completely new 'corporate 'stand on the axis of either the School or Gorgie stands.

Maybe the intention is to dismantle the Wheatfield, Gorgie and/or School end stands and use the components in the constuction of a 'new' stadium.

Sounds like a lot of work, but announcements to be made towards the end of the season or in the close season.

This would involve knocking everything down and building from scratch. Can't see how we'll be able to get the funds for that.

scott herbertson

The whole lot including buildings, fixtures and fittings was flogged for ?2.5m recently.

No Property Developer, who would only be interested in buying the land, put in a higher bid for Tynecastle.

How is the shortfall of ?25m plus to build a new stadium to be financed in these circumstances?

I don't think that's accurate. The football club and its assets were sold. Any property developer would know they faced a huge battle if they tried to realise their asset as the council would be unlikely to give planning permission unless the leisure activity ( a football stadium for Hearts to play in) was re-provided either on site or elsewhere. Therefore any property developer would know the ?2.5 million was only the tip of the iceberg. If we found somewhere else and the land was therefore unfettered of the need to build a football stadium there or elsewhere, then I'd guess the value would be considerably more. However it would not be anything like enough to buy or lease land and build a 20000 seater stadium.

AFC Wimbledon, fan owned, are well on the way to securing a new 20,000 seater stadium, the process including the sale of the leasehold they have on their current stadium. For those interested in design of new stadiums, and the complicated planning process (and note Wimbledon's plans are WITH a developer who will be building houses on the new site)

:

http://www.merton.gov.uk/environment/designandconservation/design/wimbledon_greyhound_stadium.htm

Friend who attended the club's recent Breakfast function said he was told to expect a major announcement from the club soon. They didn't get a even a hint about what to expect but who knows it might be about replacing the old stand.

Doesn't sound good, the only thing worse than that is moving altogether!

It sounds awesome, just completely unfeasible.

Why would a brand spanking new stadium on the current site, allowing for a fully compliant pitch size, not be good?

the 90 degree option has been around for a while - think Donald Ford floated it at one point.

Still think the best option is a move, but may not be feasible at present.

Jambo 4 Ever

What was their name?

Jambo 4 Ever

Surely this is good news as we can stay where we are!?

They were trying to compete with Tennents but that's hard when the product on offer is crap.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They were trying to compete with Tennents but that's hard when the product on offer is crap.

Both shite. Tennants is a piss poor lager and not even as good as the piss poor McEwen's lager. Tennants used to be an Edinburgh brewer too BTW.

knocking down the main and roseburn is the one I herd about. Think it's been mentioned on here as well. Creating a L shape stand.

Both shite. Tennants is a piss poor lager and not even as good as the piss poor McEwen's lager. Tennants used to be an Edinburgh brewer too BTW.

I think you will find that the old firm supporting lager drinkers preferred Tennent's to McEwans.

You are right they did have a brewery in Edinburgh near The Roseburn Bar but they have always had a stronghold in the West of Scotland which S&N were trying to break into without much success.

Winston Ingram

I'm not an engineer but think a 90 degree turn would be a problem.. you would be crashing into the flats on McLeod St!

That's not to say a pitch turn of another angle wouldn't work. Has occurred to me for a while this may be the best move given where the potential expansion area is/areas are. 

I'm not an engineer but think a 90 degree turn would be a problem.. you would be crashing into the flats on McLeod St!

That's not to say a pitch turn of another angle wouldn't work. Has occurred to me for a while this may be the best move given where the potential expansion area is/areas are.

Big problem for me in my seat in lower C, instead of being near the half way line and a good view,

I would be stuck behind the the goals with a crap view, Budge oot and take they other two diddies with you.

Sun would be in keeper's eyes.

upgotheheads

I think that problem would be taken care of by the pitch being wide rather than long on that orientation, if you see what I mean.

But it would seem to require that the Wheatfield  be shortened and at least one of the Roseburn/Gorgie stands be dismantled, perobably the Gorgie for the reason you mentioned.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not sure if they brewed lager or Export at the Russell Rd site but it was always well known that the local Edinburgh water was better than its western counterpart for brewing and Tennents definitely tasted more flavoursome back then. As was previously stated it was a crime that a so called local company poured so much money at the Gruesomes.

Not sure if they brewed lager or Export at the Russell Rd site but it was always well known that the local Edinburgh water was better than its western counterpart for brewing and Tennents definitely tasted more flavoursome back then. As was previously stated it was a crime that a so called local company poured so much money at the Gruesomes.

They brewed both and you're right,the products were far better from Heriot than Wellpark...however the power and money was always centred in Glasgow and the investment required to the brewery at Roseburn was never going to happen as the site was considered too small.

Old Tennents Russell Road Brewery:

13153260523_521f22a0b6_n.jpg

13153138655_4f6048e9e6_b.jpg

Cheers for posting mate. I'd almost forgotten all about that building!! The first pic really illustrates how imposing that building was on the Main Street (for anyone that doesn't recognise the first pic, the Roseburn bar is visible on the right). I'd be interested to know exactly when that building was demolished.

Cheers again.

Cheers for posting mate. I'd almost forgotten all about that building!! The first pic really illustrates how imposing that building was on the Main Street (for anyone that doesn't recognise the first pic, the Roseburn bar is visible on the right). I'd be interested to know exactly when that building was demolished.

Cheers again.

This might answer your question.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cagiva1994/13153425514

Hackney Hearts

This is something I checked when I had too much time on my hands!

(includes UEFA compliant run-offs...)

90 degree Tynecastle

Archived